Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,391 members, 7,920,492 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 08:17 AM

I No Be Madam, A Story By Abdulrazaq Hamzat - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I No Be Madam, A Story By Abdulrazaq Hamzat (421 Views)

My Madam And I (part Two) / Continuation Of My Madam And I(from Family Group And Sexuality). / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I No Be Madam, A Story By Abdulrazaq Hamzat by mrrights: 5:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
I no be madam

The office assistant, in an organisation i had engagement is an hard working lady who tries to be as active as she can be.

The keys of the office is in her custody and she often come to the office early in the morning for cleaning and maintenance, then she closes very late.

Her name is Joy. Not her real name.

In my usual way of addressing everylady as a madam, particularly in official settings, i also do address Joy as madam.

Joy is that happy lady, whose face is always full of laughter and hardly can you go to the office without seeing her.

She assist in buying food and often going and coming without ever complaining.

But unknown to me, she doesn't like the fact that i address her as madam.

Actually, she has been looking for ways to voice out her displeasure with that title without offending me.

One day, when i was alone in the office, my head buried on the computer and she brought in some food for me.

As she was about walking out of the office, i raised up my head and said, thank you madam.

She suddenly paused, turned back gently and said with a forced smile on her face, "i no be madam".

I can see beyond the smile.

I noticed she didn't like that title at all and it annoys her, but she couldn't express how angry she is.

She had to put up a smile to express her frustration and i want to find out why.

After a brief moment of silence, i responded to her by saying that, you are a madam now, if u no be madam, watin you be?

I be Joy, she fired back.

Without waiting for me to say another word, she emphasised in a more friendly voice, "i no be madam".

This time, she didn't stop at that. She went on to explain.

"Why you go dey call me madam na? Me, i no be madam ooo. See madam here, pointing to the office of the Secretary of the organisation and there, to the office of another senior staff.

I understand her frustration. She doesn't think she deserve to bear the same title as those amazing ladies. It's just unimaginable in her world.

In my response, i said to her, you are also a madam.

Yes, those ladies you mentioned are madam in their own right, but that doesn't make you less madam.

She looked confused, murmuring to herself, me, madam? then i continued.

Madam is not a title, neither is it an office designation. It is just a way of addressing women with respect.

It is not only those with high offices that deserves respect, everyone does deserve some respect including you. So, you are also a madam.

She looked at me in a way, smiled, then walked away.

Till date, i remember her as a madam and she never complained ever again

Abdulrazaq O Hamzat writes

(1) (Reply)

Romance Writer / Weird Triangle (part 2) / GET 500 RECHARGE CARD IF YOU COMPLETE THE STORY BELOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.