Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,400 members, 7,971,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:11 AM

His Will, My Will - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / His Will, My Will (8336 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:54pm On Jan 03, 2019
CHAPTER EIGHT
Good evening everyone enjoy this for the night

2 WEEKS LATER……
“…but will you be able to work in a Chinese pizza restaurant?”
I held her hands and nodded firmly at her. I had told Rose about my dilemma and she had agreed to help me look for a job temporarily before getting me a better one.
“Don’t worry, when my husband comes back from his trip I would tell him about you perhaps he might be able to get a job for you…but am happy you’ve decided to leave his house, he doesn’t know your worth girl”
I smiled sadly; as I looked around the park we were seated. We had brought her kids to the park. Ed had not spoken to me nor did he eat my food before he told me he was traveling to Nigeria for 3 weeks. And I had seized that opportunity to rent a room apartment and it had gulped almost half of my savings. When he comes back from Nigeria am sure he would be happy to come back to an empty home.

"Thanks a lot, dear I really appreciate."

She smiled at me, squeezing my hand in reply. My phone buzzed and I knew it was Peter, we had grown so attached to each other that we had even started going out to places together. I felt love was finally giving me a second chance again and probably this one might marry me and I would end up becoming a legal citizen. I smiled at my fantasy.
“My angel, where are you?”
I smiled,
“Am with my friend, at the park”
"Okay…. I was thinking if you would like to have grilled fish, baked potatoes and pie for dinner"

I was surprised, Ed has never called to ask me about dinner or even breakfast.
"Don't worry Peter, don't stress yourself I will do the cooking"

“No…No, my angel. I will cook dinner for you tonight okay?”
“Wow…okay then”
“Good…so since you’re yet to pack out of Ed’s house, I will come over and then we can have dinner there”
I hesitated; I didn’t like the idea of us having dinner at Ed’s place.
“Why can’t we have dinner elsewhere….like your place or when I move to my own place by tomorrow. We could postpone the dinner.”
"No sweetheart, I wanted us to have dinner at Ed's place since he's not around, then I would help you move your things over tomorrow to your own place."

I nodded,
“Never thought about that. The plan sounds good”
"All right, 7 pm?"

"Okay Peter"

I ended the call only to meet Rose’s smiling face.
“What….”
I laughed
“New catch?”
"Oh, yea…I think so. I hope he's the right one"

I said to no one in particular

“Well, you’d have to ask God ‘bout that huh”
I nodded my head in agreement as I muttered a quick prayer telling God to make Peter the right man for me.
I was surprised when I saw him seated on the chair, he had even set the table and prepared all he had said he would do. To crown it all, the bedroom I use to share with Ed now looked more cozy and romantic as it was a bit dark on one part, and candles were placed on the table. Peter rose up from the chair and ushered me into another chair by the table beside the bed.
“Welcome back sweetheart, you don’t have to stress yourself okay?”
I was speechless, he looked breathtakingly handsome, and he wore an armless black singlet and a three-quarter trouser. And then what made him look sexier was the apron he had on, and the way his biceps glowed in the candlelight made me think as if he had properly oiled it like those male macho models I see on T.V. I struggled to take my eyes off him as I lazily dragged my eyes to the sumptuous

meal he had served me. I never knew he was planning this big for just dinner, I would have borrowed one of Rose’s dinner gowns.
“Bon appetite..Enjoy your meal beautiful”
He winked at me I couldn’t help but smile shyly. I started with the grilled fish, and then I descended on the baked potatoes. I was too filled to even eat the dessert.
“Peter I don’t know what to say but I must say, that am very grateful”
I watched him clear the last plates on the table as he sat beside me on the bed.
“You don’t have to say anything okay…am always at your service.”
He held my hand and stroked it gently. I exhaled as I felt he was trying to awaken the lustful monsters.
“Will you do me the honour of becoming my girlfriend?”
My eyes opened widely, like seriously? This man is more of a gentleman than Ed. Ed never asked he just used me but this is more official and I feel there is more future in this.
“I promise to be a better boyfriend to you,...i..”
I nodded eagerly at him not thinking of Ed. All I could see was future marriage.
He hugged me and kissed me fully on the lips and I was dazed for a while as my eyes were closed, I bet Peter was a better kisser than Ed. We held on to each other as we kept on kissing and my heart shook when I imagined if Ed comes home right now and sees us on his bed.

“Hey…relax Ed’s in Nigeria. He won’t be back until Friday”
I felt relaxed as I shifted into his arms and let him take me to places on Ed’s bed.
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 9:02am On Jan 04, 2019
Hmmmmm.....Sara well done oooo

Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by aprilwise(m): 10:00am On Jan 04, 2019
I don't trust Peter, he might want to have his share.
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 10:25am On Jan 04, 2019
Beautiful morning to you all, This chapter is dedicated to all my readers I luv u!

please ghost readers drop ur comments or else....

CHAPTER NINE
“Na WA o, Sara you couldn’t even call to congratulate me haba!”
I sighed as I looked sideways to check if my boss was coming as I had sneakingly gone to pick my call while on duty.
“Teni am sorry okay. It’s just that work has been stressful and have not even had time for myself”
“Huhm…okay o. if you say so”
“So MrsDenrele how are you doing how is life as a married woman”
I heard her chuckle and I smiled, though I wasn't too happy I had to be.

“Well, life is still the same my dear…just that have been promoted at the mall”
I tightened the grip on the phone. I couldn’t believe my ears, as I felt weak immediately. I didn’t know if I should be happy for her.
“Wow, that’s nice Teni as what?”
“As sales manager”
I laughed.
“Are you kidding me? What about madam harsh tag now”
That was our sales manager then, which was what we normally call her. I heard her laugh.
“You won’t believe she’s now working under me….she replaced you. I don’t know how oga did it but she left after 2 weeks as she couldn’t face the embarrassment”
“Ohh….eyyah.”
I rolled my eyes. That served her right, she was a wicked soul I said in my mind.
“So has Mr. Edgar proposed?"

She asked eagerly. Her question immediately got me choking as I began to cough and I immediately ended the call and switched off my phone. I wasn’t ready to gist her about Ed yet as I was still ashamed of the whole fiasco with him.
“Miss Sara, let me have that phone. I told ya….not to use ya phone during work hours let me have it”
I was busted! I mean, I was too shocked to even look at her as I handed over my phone to my Chinese boss. She said something in Chinese and left. I sighed and walked towards the kitchen, picked my apron and started kneading. I noticed I was the only one in the kitchen as my colleagues were nowhere to be found.
“You’re here…..!”
“Yeah”
I replied to my other colleague who is also an American.

“Everyone is downstairs you need to come.”
I was puzzled what were they all doing downstairs I asked myself as I washed my hands.
“Hurry!”
She said and rushed off. I quickly removed my apron and hung it as I also rushed downstairs.
I saw some of my colleagues holding some placard that had WILL YOU MARRY ME on it. I folded my arms as I stood close to my Chinese boss who was suddenly smiling sheepishly. I ignored her and faced the little crowd that had already formed in the eatery as I sighed. I heard the voice singing and it sounded so familiar like that of Peter but I couldn't just imagine him at my place of work as he has never come to see me during working hours. I ignored the voice but I suddenly noticed that they were all staring at me and some had their phones in their hands recording it. I suddenly got perplexed as I saw Peter coming towards me. I pinched myself to know if it was a reality. Tears streamed down my face willingly as I watched him get on one knee and produce a tiny dark box.

“Am not a man of many words Sara but if you will do me the honour of marrying me, I will make sure I will be the best husband that you'd ever wished for. I will love and cherish you and our unborn kids. Will you marry me?"

I quickly nodded my head as he slid the diamond ring onto my index finger. I kept on hearing the ‘awww’ and ‘oooh’ when he kissed away my tears. My boss quickly gave me the day off and returned my phone to me. I was elated, I finally found love.
“Is this the person you want to get married to?”
Mom asked as soon I sent her the picture of myself and Peter earlier that day.

“Yes mum what’s wrong”
“Sara you don’t seriously know what is wrong”
I heard her sigh, I sighed too as in why couldn’t she be happy for me? why does she always find fault in all my choices?
"Sara, your so-called fiancé puts on earring and you say there is nothing wrong?...or is it not earring that is in this picture am seeing?”
I inhaled sharply, Peter wears earrings and it's not as if it was that visible. They are very tiny and I wondered how mum saw them.

“Oh mom, I forgot. That was before he got converted”
I quickly had to think of what to say to her before she starts preaching. Not that I hate preachers though.
“Hmm. Okay then. But Sara, I want you to pray very well about this one. Let God reveal to you if he is the right person for you"

“Okay mom, even though have prayed about it but I will still pray again”
I wanted her to leave the topic and say something but she just kept sounding her warnings to my ears.
“Okay mom I have to go, extend my greetings to dad”
“Okay then. Make sure you come home soon then. May God be with you”
I ended the call as soon as I heard a knock on the door. I thought it was Peter but it wasn't him. As he was just there staring right at me holding a rose flower in his hands.
“Won’t you let me in at least?”
I glared at him as I opened the door widely for him to come in. he set the box of chocolate on the center table and still held the flower.

“Nice place you have here.”
He said looking around. I finally found my voice and shut the door as I stood across him.
"Ed, what are you doing in my house?"

He smiled, I eyed him. Perhaps he still thinks his smile still holds that charm to me. He stretched me the flower he had with him and I collected it.
“You’ve not answered my question! What are you doing here?”
He rubbed his palms which I presumed to be sweaty.
“I ….am sorry I mistreated you all these while. I realized have been a jerk and am so sorry”
I laughed, I couldn’t believe my ears.
“Like seriously? You just know that you’ve been more than a jerk?”
He sighed and got on one knee. I smiled, almighty Edgar on his knees?
“Do you know what I went through?”
He shook his head and I realized how big his head was at the moment.
“I went through trauma! Emotional trauma! And now you are back…..let me guess why you are back after 1 month. You are back because your kitchen has been mismanaged right? Or you need someone to warm your bed!”
I couldn’t stop the tears that had started flowing freely now.
“Please am sorry Sara…please come back home. I promise to make amends, please come back home and be my wife”
I wiped my tears quickly and waved at him my engaged finger.
“Too late Ed….too late. Am engaged to be married before my visa expires by November”
He quickly sat back on the sofa as he looked at me with apologetic eyes.
"I'm sorry angel, please come back to me. I alone can treat you right".

He tried to touch me, but I whipped his head with a rose flower he came with. I kept on hitting him with it and I kept shouting at him to ‘Get out'. He quickly stood up and left as he kept repeating ‘Sara am sorry’. I banged my door and sank inside the sofa. How dare he? I decided that the next time I set my eyes on him, I will make sure I bite him.
Ann2012:
Hmmmmm.....Sara well done oooo
Thanks for the update
thanks for following ann
aprilwise:
I don't trust Peter, he might want to have his share.

same here April thanks for following
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 04, 2019
All Sara cares, is before her visa expires. Bad choice I must say
Re: His Will, My Will by Treasurewamiri(f): 7:09pm On Jan 04, 2019
I thought they used to say that once bitten twice shy, this Sara seems not to have learnt from her past mistake, she is only interested in being a citizen.
Re: His Will, My Will by Blackween(f): 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2019
This Sara ehn?
She will soon learn her lesson sha
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 10:00am On Jan 07, 2019
CHAPTER TEN
I smiled to myself as I watched the mall attendant put the wedding dress at the back of Peter's car. It was just two months to the wedding and he had suggested I buy my wedding dress in preparation. He had even started arranging mom and dad's trip to Canada for the wedding. I smiled at the attendant as I started the car. My phone rang and I picked.

“Sara, please don’t hang up listen to me.”
I seethed, it was Ed
“What?”
“Please come back to me, I love you”
"It's like you don't get it right? I no longer love or want you just stop bothering me my wedding is in two months"

I heard him gasp and then he sighed.
“Who are you engaged to? A white dude huh?”
“It’s none of your business okay!”
“Well it will be my business when I find the son of a bitch and slit his throat”
"You will do no such thing, Edgar."

He laughed softly and ended the call. I flung my phone at the car seat and gritted my teeth, as I drove off.
“So, have gotten a caterer for the event, but I need us to go together to the decorator’s place okay?”
"All right"

“Ed called to threaten me can you imagine?”
“Oh…yea?”
He sounded absentminded as I heard him,

“Peter? What’s wrong?”
I heard him sigh and then he spoke up.
"Can you come over? Please, I need to see you…I just hope you'd be able to take me as I am when I explain to you"

I was suddenly scared. What could be wrong? Or did he also want to leave me?
“Are….are you breaking up with me?”
He groaned.
“No Sara, I love you. And I would never do such. Just come over okay?”
"All right baby. I would just come in the evening then"

“No please come now.”
“Okay. Am on my way”
I hurriedly wore my clothes and carried my bag. Then I saw a new message on my phone and it read;
I left a folder for you at your place of work
Don't be surprised know you, Sara. Just make sure you

Pick up the package I sent. Its ‘bout peter
You will thank me later.
A.L
I didn’t know who A.L was. And the fact that he mentioned peter got me more curious so I drove straight to the Chinese pizza restaurant on high speed.
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 10:03am On Jan 07, 2019
hello everyone how was your weekend?
enjoy today's chapter

CHAPTER ELEVEN
I thumped repeatedly on Peter's door as I waited impatiently on the porch. I wiped the tears that had started to form in my eyes. As I took out the documents an unknown person had dropped for me at my workplace. I had so many questions running through my mind. I checked the document, flipping through the pages and flipping the pictures that had gotten me mad as I laughed hysterically. I still couldn't believe that have been sleeping or rather having plans with a gay. I shook my head as I kept on banging the door till it opened slightly. I rushed into the quiet house, as I needed to find out why he had chosen to hide this from me. I flipped through the pictures again as I saw him and another guy having carnal knowledge of each other and the time the picture was taken was of recent. At least if he were to be a repented gay I would have considered but for him to have done it when we are about to get married was unforgivable and disgusting. I screamed his name as I entered into his house fully. I scanned the kitchen and he wasn't there, I walked hurriedly forgetting that I was on pencil heels, as I rushed into his bedroom. The sight I saw made me scream. He was handcuffed to his bed and he was stark naked and had been stabbed repeatedly on the chest. I didn't know who to call as I was confused.

My bag fell together with the documents and pictures I was holding as I rushed to his side. He was still breathing as he opened his mouth to say something.
“….am…s…or...y,”
I couldn’t stop the excessive bleeding as the bed sheet was getting drenched with his blood fast. I raced to look for keys to the cuffs, rummaging his drawers I saw a pin and decided to try it on the cuffs before he said;
“Al…….”
"Who did this Peter who?"

I screamed. I was losing it already because he was dying. He began to cough out blood and it was then I knew that I couldn't save him. Tears ran freely down my face washing the makeup on my face.

“Peter!!!”
I screamed, I saw the knife and carried it wondering who must have stabbed him repeatedly on the chest. I wept while still trying uncuff his hands as I had already forgotten that I came to ask him questions, questions that are still unanswered. I quickly stood up from the bed watching peter’s nude and lifeless body. It suddenly dawned on me to leave the house fast before anyone sees me and think am the murderer. I raced to the bathroom as I washed my hands to get rid of his blood. The end of my skirt was soaked with his blood but I quickly pulled it to wash. I was putting it on when I heard a knock on the door.
I froze as I tried to figure out the move to take. As I didn't want anyone to meet me here. I sobbed silently as I watched Peter's body turn pale already. I muttered ‘am sorry' as I walked slowly towards the door since the knock had stopped.

“Put your hands behind you miss, you are under arrest for the murder of Mr Peterside”
Fresh tears fell as I was too weak to be surprised. Probably his neighbours or someone must have called the police on her or probably AL, the unknown person.
“Please I didn’t kill him”
I pleaded to the white cops, as my hands were cuffed behind me. I couldn’t protest as I just kept on crying as I was led into the police car.
2 WEEKS LATER….
I watched the detectives question Ed from a distance. As another cop was seated watching me. I was too weak to cry as I kept on watching the detective nod his head to whatever Ed was saying. I had gotten him involved because he had threatened me and he was Peter's friend. He acted surprised when the detective had told him that Peter was gay. I was still their main suspect as my fingerprints were all over the murder weapon and the cuffs. But they were still on the lookout for the mysterious A.L that gave me the documents and the murderer. I cringed in my blue prison pyjamas they had given me to wear, when I saw them approach me.

“We’re ever sorry to disturb you Mr Edgar, but we would still call you if we need your help”
He shook hands with the detective and he glanced back at me, the stare was a bit long but cold and blank. As he stepped out of the wide room. The detective turned to me and said.
“We shall be taking you to court by Friday. Mr Edgar just testified against you about been violent”
I just kept on staring as I kept on replaying what the detective had just said.
“So if you have someone to call, probably a lawyer or your loved one it would be better you let them know”
I was lost, I mean I couldn’t believe Ed would pay me back in this manner. Life was so cruel to me. What would I tell mom or dad? Or what if I die in this prison or what if I was sentenced to life imprisonment or what if…… I shook my head sadly as I kept on asking myself questions that had no answer.
“Hey, Sara”
I felt the detective call me as he shook me and brought me out of my reverie.
“Do you have someone to call?”
I nodded my head. as he gave me the phone. I couldn’t bear calling mom as I decided to call my only friend here in Canada.
“Hello, Rose its Sarah please I need your help”
I said into the phone as a tear slid down my face for the first time that day.
“Sara you need another lawyer real fast if not you will just be here awaiting trial and they might even pin the whole murder case on you since your lawyer has not been able to find concrete evidence about your case”.
I just bent my head on the table as I listened to Rose. She had come to visit me.
"After I spent all my savings on the damn lawyer, the dumb-ass still couldn't win the case huh?"

I sniffed my nose as I combed my short hair with my fingers. As my Brazilian weave was already loosened and kept with the cops. I sniffed again as I badly needed a puff. Just staying in cell for a month, I had learned how to smoke in the cell though we were not caught as I was among the big girls club in the cell so no one dared us. Rose stared at me with pity in her eyes as she wanted to start her sermon of ‘don't worry it's going to be all right'. I quickly chipped in.

“How is your baby? What did you name her?”
She smiled this time.
“She’s fine. We named her Kendra”
I rested my head in my palms as I scoffed.
“I begged you to name her Sara……but I guess am a prisoner so my decision doesn’t count”
“What…..No Sara please don’t talk this way”
I ignored her until she caught my attention.
"I went to the Nigerian embassy and I told them about your situation, of not having enough money for a lawyer and your visa that is about to expire in two week's time. So they agreed to assist you for free but I still had to pay them the money you know, and your lawyer would be here tomorrow"

I held her hands and squeezed it.
"Thanks a lot, Rose…..thank you…."

She nodded as she tried to blink back her tears, I wasn't in tears neither was I prepared to cry. Rather I was in a hurry to get back to my homies and have a puff.

“We are moving…”
I squinted my eyes like I didn’t hear her.
“I mean, I and my family would be relocating to the United States.”
She kept on talking but I didn’t hear the words she was saying as I suddenly felt sad. My friend was leaving, there would be no one else to talk to. I stood up to leave as I heard the warning bell for prisoners to go back to their cells as visiting was over.
“Cast all your burdens on him cause he careth….Cast it all on Jesus, only him can help you out…I can’t and no one can except Jesus”
I heard her say to me before she gave me a tight hug and left. all I could think of was casting all my worries and burdens on the dope (drugs) I was going to smoke tonight as I felt Jesus has long gone forsaken me even if I cast all my burdens on him, he wouldn’t take it because I was not in his will anymore, I was already in my will and am already reaping the repercussion so I alone, can save myself. I thought to myself as the prison warders led us into our cells
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 12:48pm On Jan 07, 2019
Too bad

Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ed. is behind all this
Re: His Will, My Will by Treasure17(m): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2019
Common sense is far from Sara I swear. Submitting herself to any guy just like that in the name of cuteness.... Nice one op. Indeed not every open door is opened by God. Following...
Re: His Will, My Will by Blackween(f): 7:28pm On Jan 07, 2019
The devil has shut her ears to the truth

I just pray grace locates her again

Weldone Op
Re: His Will, My Will by aprilwise(m): 7:29pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ed has something to do with the murder of his friend. Sara will be set free. Thanks
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 9:04am On Jan 09, 2019
Dedicated to Treasure17, Blackween and Aprilwise

enjoy!

CHAPTER TWELVE
I eyed the so-called lawyer the Nigerian embassy had assigned for me as she chewed the gum she had in her mouth like a trained prostitute. She took out her phone as she took the third selfie since I was brought into the questioning room.

“Can you please stop this rubbish you are doing and tell me the progress of the case?”
I slammed my cuffed hands on the table before us as she glared at me and eyed me rapidly with her artificial lashes. She quickly put down her phone as she produced some document. I stared at her as I was clueless about what she brought.
“What’s this?”
She chewed her gum again making some sounds before talking.
“Look, when we went for your case hearing at court yesterday, the judge got to know that your visa has expired and since the Nigerian embassy has gotten involved, they had no choice but to suggest taking you back to Nigeria to complete your jail term.”
My hands shook as I dragged my eyes to meet hers to know if she was serious or joking. I shook my head sadly. I can’t go back to Nigeria because it would be humiliating and secondly I couldn’t bear staying in a Nigerian prison.
“Here, sign this”
She pushed some papers towards me and I stared at the papers cluelessly until my eyes caught a sentence.
“Wait…..you expect me to sign this document that states that I will complete my jail term in Kuje prison?”
“Yes….at Abuja now the capital of Nigeria”
“I know what and where Abuja is! Okay! And am not signing this! I prefer to stay in life imprisonment here than Abuja do you get!”
She eyed me as she retrieved the papers from the table and put it in her Gucci handbag.
"All right then, you think you better sign this paperwork or else you will just get electrocuted because the man you killed was a very prominent gay and his gay partner is seeking justice."

“Wait…you know his gay partner?”
I studied her as she shifted uncomfortably as she fished out the paperwork and dropped it in front of me. Then she stood up.

"That is the only thing you know how to do! Just take a stupid selfie and wear clothes that don't fit you…you think it's fashion? What kind of lawyer are you? How did you pass out of the Nigerian law school huh! Cause you know nothing...go and get Peter's gay partner he's also a prime suspect!"

She was shocked as I could guess she was taken aback by my statement as she swallowed probably the gum she was chewing as I stood up to face her. I motioned to the cop to come take me back to my cell as I watched her struggle with words.
“Whatever. But I will no longer be your lawyer from now…. I cease to be your lawyer!”
She said as she walked out on me but she turned to say something that got me thinking all the way back to the cell.
“Criminal”
She had called me a criminal. The word kept ringing in my head as I lay on the hard spring bed. I didn't know what to do or whom to turn to as I kept on thinking about my parents who had struggled to give me the best as I fought the tears that clouded my eyes but it was too late as I couldn't control it. I felt the urge to throw up like I have been doing for the past two weeks as I quickly emptied the content of my stomach into the only toilet in the room. I sat on the floor beside the toilet as I watched my white roommate look down at me with pity in her eyes.

"Take it easy Sara, it's all goin' to be all right"

I tried to smile but tears ended up blocking the smile as I gnashed my teeth. I patted my flat stomach as I tried my best not to think about the possibility of being pregnant. I held my breath as I called on the name ‘Jesus'. My insides tightened as I cried out silently.

“God I am sorry, I don’t know what else to say but am sorry, please save me from this mess lord….shit!”
I quickly put my head back into the toilet as I threw up again.
My fears returned as I felt the plane touch the runways of Murtala Mohammed international airport Abuja. I couldn't cry as I didn't want to be in tears as I allowed myself to be led by the two immigration officers to the immigration office at the airport where I was detained as the officers kept talking with a Hausa man we had met in the office that I was a deportee. I shook my head as I thanked God briefly for exonerating me from the case as Alexander, Peter's gay partner was miraculously apprehended as he confessed to having killed Peter.

"Ma'am you need to call someone to come pick you up as they need to sign paperwork."

I paused a while as I wanted to call out my mother's number but the last time I called her in prison, the call had ended badly. I folded my arms as I looked around trying to figure out whom to call as I thought about Teni. I quickly dialed her number on the Hausa man's phone as I waited for her to pick.

“Hello,”
My heart tightened as I heard Denrele's voice. I couldn't talk so I just hung up. Fresh tears blurred my vision as I tried mum's number and when I told her that I was the one she had hissed and ended the call. I waited for her to call back but instead, Teni was calling back I picked and quickly spoke into the phone as I thought it could be her.

“Teni, please it’s Sara and am in a big mess. I am at Murtala Mohammed airport at the immigration office. I really need your help”
I heard the person hesitate
“Sara? Is this Sara?”
I was stunned as I didn't know it was Denrele that would be calling back. As I quickly dropped the call and kept on dialing my parent's line.

Teni glanced at me and then at her husband, then she hissed and took her child into the room. She had found Denrele holding my hand as I kept on narrating all that have passed through for the past two years. He had brought me back to their house they had been all nice not until yesterday when Teni suddenly changed towards me. I sighed as I removed my hands from his.
“Hey, you shouldn’t worry about her okay? I will talk to her okay?”
I raised my head slowly to look at him as I smiled at him. He had added more flesh these past few years and he had grown more handsome.
“I need to leave now please don’t hesitate to call me if you need anything”
He patted me on the back and left. He had even taken it upon himself to get a few things for me including a small Nokia torchlight phone. I walked towards the room he shared with Teni as I watched her breastfeed her baby and typing into her phone.

"Teni, am sorry if have been inconveniencing you here but…. I would soon move. I just need a little time"

I heard her snort as she kept her eyes on the phone.
“Teni...Teni I totally understand…….”
"Oh hell no, you don't. you came in here 1 month ago and you say you understand? Tell me what do you understand? That my husband no longer gives me the care and attention I used to have? And now because you are back and stranded he's now at your beck and call? Tell me, Sara?"

I was tongue tied I tried protesting but I could not, she scoffed and continued
"I wish I never allowed you into my matrimonial home, Sara! "

I saw pains, jealousy, and disappointment all in her eyes as she placed her baby in her cot.
“I’m so sorry Sara but I will soon leave please”
“Look you are making the temperature in this house hot and not conducive for me, my baby or even for Denrele.”
“Teni, I can’t snatch your husband….am pregnant”
Her eyes dropped to my flat stomach as she watched it briefly and then she sighed and stood up.
“It still doesn’t mean anything Sara. You and I know how smitten Denrele is when it comes to you.”
“So what do you what me to do?”
“I want you to leave”
She said as she motioned to me to leave her room and then she shut the door in my face.
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 09, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by Treasure17(m): 9:42am On Jan 09, 2019
Thanks for the mention @joromi36. Nice update.
Re: His Will, My Will by Conqueror89: 12:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
LightQueen:
Following

Now am here too. Thanks for the invite. grin
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2019
Conqueror89:
Now am here too. Thanks for the invite. grin
Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: His Will, My Will by aprilwise(m): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2019
Nice one . Not all that glitters is gold.
Re: His Will, My Will by Blackween(f): 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
Thanks for the dedication
Keep it coming
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 8:50am On Jan 17, 2019
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
“No Denrele, I don’t want her in this house she’s a rebellious child”
I cried the more as I knelt down begging mom. As she didn't want to see me. Dad was holding her and trying to calm her down while Denrele kept on prostrating on my behalf. Finally, she remained calm and then everyone sat in the sitting room quietly. I was too ashamed to look my parents in the eye as I watched mum speak to me directly for the first time that day.

“You are even pregnant to crown it all. What have you done to yourself? I told you not to go but you went against God’s will now can you see what you’ve landed yourself into?”
I saw her clean her tears as Dad patted her.
“Mom, Dad I’m sorry. I ought to have listened to God when he spoke through you but I was too blinded by the luxury, the life I ‘have always imagined for myself and I forgot God’s will for my life. If God would give me another chance I would make sure I never go against his will for my life”
Denrele held my hands and whispered to me that it was going to be okay as I moved towards my parents to hug them.
I shrugged as I watched Denrele’s car pulled in front of my mother’s shop. As he stepped out of his car he was wearing a white short sleeve shirt and a blue jean. I smiled shyly as I quickly stopped myself from acknowledging his cuteness as he was now Teni’s husband. I wondered why his visit had become constant since I moved back with dad and mum.
“How is the baby doing hope he is kicking?”
I smiled at him as I gave him an empty chair to sit on.
“I’m just 4months old now”
“Okay,”
We gisted a while then I asked.
“How is Teni?”
“She’s fine I guess”
“Why? Don’t you leave in the same house?”
He shrugged as he looked into my eyes.
“Well, yea but she moved out of our room like a month ago.”
I was shocked and I knew it was because of me.
“Why? I hope it’s not because of me?”
He smiled and grabbed my hands before talking.
“Sara, when last did you talk to God?”
I exhaled; I knew he wanted to avoid my question.
“Just before you came.”
He threw me an ‘I don’t believe you’ look and I just shook my head and spoke back.
"I'm serious D, I have learned to walk with him daily now not just because I learned my lessons but because I want people to learn from my mistakes and I also want him to be my close friend. So I have been studying the scriptures listening to messages and God has really been faithful because at times he speaks to me through his word. So am fulfilled"

“Wow, am proud of you Sara, not everyone would want to learn from their mistakes but you did and you chose the right path.”
We talked some more before I told him to start leaving. He gave me some money which I took and when he was leaving I saw in his eyes that he still loved me but it was just too late as nothing can be done.
I locked up the shop as soon as it was 6:30 pm as I started walking home. I felt I needed to exercise my body instead of taking a bike home. Suddenly I heard footsteps behind me and before I could turn,

someone had just emptied a bucket of soapy water on me. I was drenched in soapy water my almost protruding stomach could also feel the effect as my cotton shirt was soaked.
“Husband snatcher!!!! Look this is just the beginning. Next time its acid I will pour on you trust me. leave my husband alone and face your horrible self!”
I never knew Teni could behave this way, as I folded my arms across my body in shame. People were already watching as I saw her entered a car that had brought her and zoomed off. I was humiliated as some people took out their phone to take shots of me, while a woman quickly ran towards me and lent me her wrapper as she ushered me into her house to dry my cloth.
I was so sure that Denrele must have done a lot of things to her that night because he had driven into our compound with rage and as soon as he got to me he enveloped me in a hug and patted me as he kept on whispering ‘'I'm so sorry''. We sat outside the house as we kept on dwelling in our silence his hands covered mine as he stared at me and then tore his gaze away.

“I regret getting married to her”
I swallowed; as this was going to be harder than I thought as his voice was laced with embittered emotions.
"I was sad and lonely when you left and I met her at the United mall and from there we started dating. I never asked her out but it just happened. I only wanted to use her to get over you. I never knew she was your friend until she told me about you and kept on saying wrong things about you and I just couldn't stand to hear that even when you rejected me"

The last word pierced my heart as I shut my eyes tightly trying so hard to say something before he interrupted me.
“I don’t know what came over me that day probably because I heard you were married to your boss that was when I decided to hurt you back with your friend. God told me that she wasn’t for me but I just wouldn’t listen as revenge filled my heart. I got married to her thinking she was a good person”
He turned back at me, though he wasn't crying his eyes were red. He held my hands and I had to stand up.

"She's a torn in my flesh. Sara, I wish you had listened to me 2 years ago. Things wouldn't be like this. I wish you had granted me an audience. I wish I had listened to God and not let revenge fill my heart".

He hugged me and I felt his mouth caress my neck I kept telling him that I was sorry, my heart kept beating fast as his mouth brushed against mine slightly. I could feel his chest pounding as he tried to make another attempt. But I quickly jerked free out of his arms as I wasn’t going to hurt God anymore.
“You are married D, please go home and work things with your wife. Remember that we’ve both walked out of God’s will for our lives. So we need to accept what we’ve created for ourselves and just keep praying to God to make things right.
He nodded sadly as he watched me for a while but I averted his gaze. He walked towards his car which was closely parked and almost whispered…
“I….love you. I really do Sara and am helpless about it….But let God’s will be done”
I watched him zoom off as I felt sad watching him go. A man who was ready to take me as I am. God just made me understand that I have to let things go in order to do God's will. Letting it go might hurt us or tear us apart but been in God's will is surely worth it.
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 17, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by Ann2012(f): 11:06am On Jan 17, 2019
You're making the right choice now Sara, Your better half will locate you sooner than you think.

Thanks for the update
Re: His Will, My Will by Treasure17(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
You have to carry your cross denrele. For better or worse. Thanks for the update.
Re: His Will, My Will by francium001: 8:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
Sara please don't make another mistake oo.
Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
hello guyzzz sorry updates have been late
enjoy;

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
“Mom, I need to go to Kano”
I said as I removed the meat pies I had been baking from the oven. Mom dropped her napkin as she stared at my 2-month-old pregnancy and stared back at me.

“Why?”
I shrugged putting down the tray of meat pie on the table and sat across mom to rest my swollen legs. I had enrolled in a catering school and I had learned cakes and cake decoration as well as pastries, biscuit and small chops. Mom had been so proud of me when I started collecting cake contracts. Dad had told me I was a hardworking woman even in my condition.

“God confirmed it last night for the fifth time”
She sighed, and I knew it wasn’t going to be easy convincing her.
"Okay, why don't you put to bed first before thinking of kano."

“Mom….i just feel it’s urgent. Like I told you, this is the fifth time I got the same revelation”
"O Lord, why that Boko Haram state."

I couldn’t help but giggle at her hilarious statement.
"Mom, thousands may fall at my right hand ten thousand at my left but they shall not come near me"

I paraphrased as I stood up to put the next round of meat pies in the oven.
“Amen. but am still scared of the north. But who am I to question the will of God”
I nodded at her and continued what I was doing,
“Hope you will inform Denrele?”
I paused for a while not knowing what to say to her. Since that night I hardly see Denrele again. The last time I saw him was at the hospital. I had gone for antenatal and I had seen him talking to a doctor, I had wanted to greet him but he had looked away and had headed out without sparing me a glance.
“I don’t think it will be a good idea. Perhaps you could help me pass the message to him.”
She nodded as she chewed on one of the meat pies I brought out earlier.
“Mom stop! It’s for a customer!”
I shouted as she hurriedly took another one and rushed out of the kitchen. I laughed as I suddenly realized that I was finally happy after a long time.

Re: His Will, My Will by joromi36(f): 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2019
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
It's been 4 days since I got to Kano. I had even lodged in a small hotel in sabon-gari area in Kano. Although I have been feeling feverish since I got here that was why I stayed in the hotel for days before going out for house hunting and then setting up the small catering business I had in mind. I shifted out of bed and entered the bathroom to take my bath. I hissed when I saw that the bathroom tap wasn't running. I shook my head sadly, as I tried their intercom to call reception but never went through. I quickly rummage my clothes to throw something on so I could go downstairs and inform them about the situation at hand. The intercom had only worked on my first night here, I used it that night to call the kitchen and now it wasn't working. I laughed drily to myself as I put on a long brown gown, satisfied my tiny bulge on the stomach wasn't showing I walked briskly to the reception.

I met a fair slim girl and I guess she should be in her mid or early 20s. She had a brown scarf on her head. She looked up at me when I approached the front desk.

“Good morning ma’am”
“Good morning, I turned on the tap this morning and found out it wasn’t running”
I yawned quietly scratching my braided hair. The girl opened her eyes widely and smiled revealing a milk coloured set of teeth.
“We are very sorry for the inconveniences madam, there is no water at the moment”
I ignored the pitiful look on her face as I raised my voice a bit, I was itching, I needed to take my bath and also use the toilet.
“What kind of hotel is this!!?....if you people cannot run a proper hotel why don’t you close it down!”
“Madam please keep your voice down. This is a hotel and people are still asleep. You only paid two thousand five hundred naira only for a room. You are not supposed to complain.”
I eyed her as she looked into an old log book she wrote my name in few days back.

“So?”
"The thing is, that amount you paid is for just light supply for two days. If you had paid up to five thousand naira, you will have everything at your beck and call. So once again we are very sorry for the inconvenience."

I hissed she is actually right. What do I expect after paying two thousand five hundred naira for a room? I stood there staring at her and murmuring to myself. Until I finally asked.

“So where can I get water”
She smiled at me and dialed a number on their old intercom.

"Dan'Allah, where is Imran?......tell him to come he has a customer"

It was then I realized she had a Hausa accent and it was terrible but she knows her to speak good English. Imran almost rushed in and he shared semblance with her, the receptionist. And I suspected there were siblings.
“Madam, the price is one keg for 50 naira”
I eyed them slowly as I started walking away from them, and then turned to answer
“Fetch two kegs”
I turned and walked briskly into the room to wait for Imran.
With the help of Imran, I got to some parts of Kano today all in the name of house hunting. The few we met to rent their house disagreed simply because they couldn’t give their house to someone who is not married. The only houses I saw are the ones in the modern part of Kano and they were quite expensive.
I signaled to Imran to take me back to sabongari to re-check the houses there. We entered a Keke-napep and paid fifty naira back. We got to a place called in sabo and we decided to check some of the free houses on rent there.

The houses were quite on the high side but I finally got one for fifty thousand naira and I was, of course, the only westerner, single in there. Because the rest of the other 5 flats had occupants and they were all married, so I was like the only person who wasn't married. The house was a self-contain

and it was big enough to accommodate me and the coming baby, as well as my small baking equipment.

I counted fifty-five thousand naira cash and gave it to the dark, lanky Hausa man who happened to be the landlord of the house. He also lived in the house as well. Immediately I handed him the cash, he happily tore out a receipt for me and spoke in a Hausa laced accent.
"Welcome……to maikayan Dadi compound"

I nodded my head and forced a smile at him. He walked hurriedly into his house which was right beside mine. I smiled at Imran and patted him on the back. We still have more things to buy such as plastic chair and table, a mattress, buckets, cooking pots, gas stove and the rest. I dug my hand into my purse and retrieved a one thousand naira note and gave it to Imran who just kept smiling sheepishly at me till we got to the market.
Re: His Will, My Will by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2019
Nice update dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hell Razor - Thriller, Suspense, Mystery+Extreme Violence ( Adult Content ) / If Only She Knew / THE LONG WAIT

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.