Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,905 members, 7,889,995 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:55 AM

Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? (1024 Views)

How Dasuki Claimed To Have Spent The Looted Fund - Photo / How Oritsejafor Deceived Jonathan – Okotie; He Wants To Be Popular – CAN / Chris Okotie's Message For Jonathan & Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by Agboola1(m): 2:02pm On Apr 17, 2007
in 2003 rev. Chris contested the presidential election on the grounds that God sent Him but lost. now in 2007 hes running again with no sign of coming close to winning. hes a brilliant chap but wonder what he wants with politics and If god actually called somebody to lead he wont loose.

can anyone working in the spirit help find out if this man Rev. Chris Okotie is actually God sent

what do you think fellas!
Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by kellorah: 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2007
they should leave God out of it!! angry
Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by McKren(m): 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2007
kellorah:

they should leave God out of it!! angry

God bless u my sister
Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by Afam(m): 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2007
God does not lie and Okotie is trying to turn God into a liar and based on this alone I dare say that he is not God sent or that he may be listening to the voice of a smaller god.
Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by Mamajama(m): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2007
Thank you for saying God does not lie and God does not fail its chosen people, so why is OKOTIE still here? personal agenda.
Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by TayoD(m): 4:56pm On Apr 17, 2007
@Agboola1,

If god actually called somebody to lead he wont loose

Where did you learn your theology from? So you are telling us that any form of failure is a sign of God's absence?  Are you reading the same Bible I read? 

Just so you do not spread this lie, let me show you instances in scriptures that are contrary to the thought you are propagating:

1.  In Genesis 15:13, God told Abraham that his children will be in a land of captivity for 400 years.  However, the affliction lasted for 430 years - See Exodus 12:40-41.

2.  Please pick up your Bible and read Judges 20.  God told the entire nation of Isreal to war against Benjamin because of their sin.  Despite God's go-ahead, Isreal was defeated twice before God eventually gave them victory the thrid time.

There are situations like this throughout the Bible, but since this is not a religious forum, I hesitate to discuss it in-depth.

However, the principle is stated very clearly in Habbakuk 2:3 - For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.

God's modus operandi is different from man's.  God declares the end even before the beginning.  That the guy isn't Presido today does not make him or God a liar. The 'end' which God speaks of may linger, but it will surely come to pass!!!

Don't let's be quick to say things we know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by doshbass(m): 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2007
word! preach it Pastor TayoD
Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by con9ja: 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2007
God Bless you TayoD.
God speaks many times and the timing for the person might not be right, We also need to be careful about the way we speak about men of God.
Remember Touch not my anointed and do my Prophet no harm, so Please watch how u talk.
Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by Afam(m): 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2007
con9ja:

God Bless you TayoD.
God speaks many times and the timing for the person might not be right, We also need to be careful about the way we speak about men of God.
Remember Touch not my anointed and do my Prophet no harm, so Please watch how u talk.

That will only make sense when the person is God's annointed, afterall Pastor King was seen as one until recently.
Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by LePhilippe(m): 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2007
If Okotie wins, imagine the muslims in Kano, what will they do!! SOmeone might come and say Allah sent him!!
Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by LePhilippe(m): 6:45pm On Apr 17, 2007
to kill okotie that is!! THink of the terrorists in this world, what have they all got in common??
Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by McKren(m): 8:09pm On Apr 17, 2007
People should stop quoting the Bible when they are discussing the politics of Nigeria, as a country the constitution is the working document. Nigeria is neither a Christain State or a Muslim State.

Chris Okotie should tell nigerians his plans for the country if he has one and stop decieving himself. Tell me why Chris Okotie should be taken more seriously than average Nigerian politicians who go about telling us how God told them to contest only to ending up arming thugs in the run up to elections
Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by Agboola1(m): 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2007
good talk fellas. i was just thinking of how he can possibly manage his sheeps and chase political ambition under the guise of God's call, what he would tell them if he looses this time. i mean he should be more realistic about his real ambition. no doubts he is brilliant and vibrant enough to run a country but its not a child's play to even become councillor of a ward of less than 10, 000 inhabitans not to talk of Nigeria. i think if he wants to be a politician he should and if its music, teaching or preaching it will be wise he chooses a profession and face it squarely.

i dont mean bad. i respect this chap
Re: Is Rev. Chris Okotie God Sent As Claimed? by TayoD(m): 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2007
@Mckren,

While you cannot completely remove a nation form the faith of its citizens, you can also not separate the faith of the citizens from the fate of the nation.  Everyone who has attained any level of sucees has done so based on a premise.  Okotie is where he is today based on his faith and the principles of life he imbibed from the bible.  You can not separate him from his faith, the same way you cannot separate Ya'radua and the likes from their faith.

As you have mentioned however, the sole document that binds our country together is the constitution.  Okotie has made this abundantly clear and said he will not allow any prayers (either by moslems, Christians, traditional worshippers etc) at his State functions.  Rather, Stae functions wholud beginning and end with the National Anthem.  This is someone who understnads what nationhood is all about.

I'm surprised you have no idea what he stands for since he has been saying the same things for the past 6 years or thereabout and not just during election time.  Here is a link to the manifestoe you asked for:  http://www.freshdemocraticparty.com/freshManifesto.pdf

@Agboola1,

i think if he wants to be a politician he should and if its music, teaching or  preaching it will be wise he chooses a profession and face it squarely.
What makes you think he can't be all that at the same time.  David was a King, a Prophet as well as a Psalmist at the same time.  None of the offices was in the way of the other.  He testified of going into God's house to worship 7 times each day.  Though a Pastor now, he has composed hundreds of songs which are used in worship in his church.  He is gifted, learned and a ver good Administrator.  Think of it this way, the church is the most vibrant and dynamic institituion in Nigeria today.  Much of this can be attributed to the pattern that trail blazers like Okotie put in place.  Such administrative and leadership skills are required in our nation today.

(1) (Reply)

Choose Between Obasanjo, Abacha Or Babangida / Sharia Law: Bauchi State Set To Amputate 48 People / Gen Garba Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.