Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,405 members, 7,891,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:02 PM

Confistified's Diaries - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Confistified's Diaries (605 Views)

DIARIES OF AN AFRICAN COLLEGIAN - A SERIES. / The Life I Didn't Want To Live - Diaries Of A Virgin Boy / Hills And Wills Nwokedi, Twin Authors Of Dominik's Diaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confistified's Diaries by confistified(m): 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2019
January 1st 2019

Woke up late around past 9am.. hurriedly rushed to work after the morning exercise,bathing/brushing....... Got there(Accident and Emergency Trauma) around past 10am and met an inflow of patients with their relatives from an accident scene which happened at S & T barracks Benin city.. leaving one woman dead and several others with complicated fractures.... And they where just coming from crossover night cry.... If only she knew today was her last day on earth cry cry... The little girl kept shouting mummy mummy.. I want to see my mum cry cry...... Thanking God for life embarassed
Went into the office and met my Superior officer Mr Bright.... He was like why I am just coming? ... I told him that I woke up late due to the cross over night and all, then he said ok no problem.... "Guy man nor dey give guy man wahala" grin.... Quickly went to charge my mifi device so I could Instagram a bit... Then patients started bombarding us with needs.... An 80+ year old granny who was involved in the accident needed an above elbow P.O.P cast done for colles fracture.... She seemed lifeless when we were carrying out the procedure.... I was mostly watching thou wink ..... Turns out the doctor wants a CT scan done for her because they suspect head injury sad shocked... Oh my! undecided
Re: Confistified's Diaries by confistified(m): 8:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
Next a female nurse from A & E trauma saw me and was like shey youu are coming to duty now... She took me to the nurses station and started reporting to her chief that I have been coming for duty since being posted to d POP section but the students posted to A & E have refused to show up and that something must be done... In my mind I was like "Work wan kill u,so u dey find person pikin to finish" grin.... I hurriedly left her sha and went to the office before they come use me work cheesy.... On getting to the office one guy walked in and was like he is from one savan organization like this and brought us food(leaf white rice with two assorted meats in particular)... Me I jejely went to buy coke coupled with the slice bread I brought from the hostel and helped my GIT.... Not too long after that, another patient relative again came to plead with us to help her adjust the traction done for her mum... I hurriedly did it and ran back to the office... Yet again another patient relative sad... His mum had an open fracture on both legs(from d accident scene)... We were to set an above the knee POP slab on both legs for her but the doctors wanted the wound dressed first... And that was how the A & E nurse set me up... There was no available trolley so I had to carry the dressing pack while he was dressing the wound with bandages and a plaster in my uniform pocket... Blood everywhere undecided.... After my hand have been severely dealt with, I still had to assist with the POP slab procedure(that was after the consultant had finished schooling the Reg and house officer on examination of the patient and stuffs like that)... Gosh carrying the limb embarassed... My waist was feeling it... The elderly woman kept shouting at the plaster technician like we were not even trying to help her.... We successfully did that and then consultant came again and asked me to go and look for empty cartons from d pharmacy department so I would use it to elevate her legs to reduce her pains... I was like "why only me"(maybe it's because he knew I was a student Nurse).... After all that then God sent a helper... Another Consultant and Plaster technician came in then we all started gisting in the office (ranging from Church,to elections, to the accident dat happened).
Re: Confistified's Diaries by confistified(m): 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2019
Fast forward a colleague called that she and he(Tosin & Kelvin) wants to come charge in the ward since there was no light in the hostel... When they came they met us gisting so they plugged thier phones and we all started gisting .... The gist was so interesting that we stayed till almost 3pm when my closing time is 2pm... I had to cut the gist short and told them am leaving o... We all left, then we parted ways half way.... Then I remembered m y friend Saggy and our arrangement... I called him and he answered with his sleepy voice.... I told him I was coming o and that he should prepare... I also called Kelvin that I am going to saggy's side and he said he would follow me... I rushed down to d hostel, quickly took my bath then we left.... Got to Ring Road and made a call...Saggy said he was on his way but the story had changed he wants us to go to a place called Subway that he would come meet us there.... I was like I don't know there and he explained that he and his elder brother just left home that they are going to pick his elder brother's girlfriend so they'll meet us there.. We weren't comfortable with d new change in plans(mind u we were just outside chief Anthony enahoro complex at ring road under d hot sun undecided).. I called again and he said the plans has changed again and that we should go to Playhouse at okhoro... I was like nawa o we for just stay hostel dey sleep sef o... I called again that we can't go there before Benin police label us as Yahoo boys or cultists.
Re: Confistified's Diaries by confistified(m): 12:11am On Jan 03, 2019
So he said we should wait(Tosin actually came to gist with us there because her house was close by).. While waiting I was just observing some Benin girls wink and guys(why is it that everyone must always come out during festive period in Benin? angry).. After about 30mins of waiting he finally came in a Honda Element car with the music blasting loud... We(me and Kelvin) were all smiles.. We entered the car then bid Tosin farewell then we zoomed off.. We were 6 in d car(5 guys and one damsel like this.. I turned on my cool boy side smiley)... We navigated to Playhouse okhoro and it was too crowded.. Me and Kelvin quickly did justice to the fried rice & chicken Saggy brought.. The girl said the place is too crowded and that she can't stay, that we should should take her to Filmhouse(I laughed in my mind that Filmhouse that my cousin took me to on Christmas day and it was also crowded cheesy).. We talked her out of Filmhouse then one of us suggested S & T barracks... We got to the gate of the barracks and was stopped by an officer he looked inside and just said we should give them something for the new year... Saggy gave them #800 and we were let in(This is Nigeria)... On getting there Me, Saggy, Kelvin and Saggy's cousin went to set up the table and chairs while saggy's elder bro and the babe stayed behind taking pics .... And that was how the fun began... We ordered two barbecue for the four of us(2 to 1) and then one bottles each of Star and Orijin... Saggy's brother & his girl came and they ordered for Suya, Smirnoff, Hieneken and Chivita.. We ordered another bottle round then Saggy's junior brother came and he ordered for two more barbecue to be place on our table.... We devoured it and ordered for one more round of drinks to step down everything.... That's just 3 bottles each.. at the second bottle I was already tipsy... But I got to be a man u know... Saggy's elder brother left us and went to the car with his girl(probably lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed)... The bill was taken care of by Saggy and his brothers then we left around 8:30pm... Good thing is that I didn't spend a dine.. not even for transport as Kelvin payed for that cheesy..
Re: Confistified's Diaries by KingzleyTLB(m): 4:24pm On Jan 03, 2019
interesting....
Re: Confistified's Diaries by sharpk007(m): 3:54pm On Jan 08, 2019
confistified:
So he said we should wait(Tosin actually came to gist with us there because her house was close by).. While waiting I was just observing some Benin girls wink and guys(why is it that everyone must always come out during festive period in Benin? angry).. After about 30mins of waiting he finally came in a Honda Element car with the music blasting loud... We(me and Kelvin) were all smiles.. We entered the car then bid Tosin farewell then we zoomed off.. We were 6 in d car(5 guys and one damsel like this.. I turned on my cool boy side smiley)... We navigated to Playhouse okhoro and it was too crowded.. Me and Kelvin quickly did justice to the fried rice & chicken Saggy brought.. The girl said the place is too crowded and that she can't stay, that we should should take her to Filmhouse(I laughed in my mind that Filmhouse that my cousin took me to on Christmas day and it was also crowded cheesy).. We talked her out of Filmhouse then one of us suggested S & T barracks... We got to the gate of the barracks and was stopped by an officer he looked inside and just said we should give them something for the new year... Saggy gave them #800 and we were let in(This is Nigeria)... On getting there Me, Saggy, Kelvin and Saggy's cousin went to set up the table and chairs while saggy's elder bro and the babe stayed behind taking pics .... And that was how the fun began... We ordered two barbecue for the four of us(2 to 1) and then one bottles each of Star and Orijin... Saggy's brother & his girl came and they ordered for Suya, Smirnoff, Hieneken and Chivita.. We ordered another bottle round then Saggy's junior brother came and he ordered for two more barbecue to be place on our table.... We devoured it and ordered for one more round of drinks to step down everything.... That's just 3 bottles each.. at the second bottle I was already tipsy... But I got to be a man u know... Saggy's elder brother left us and went to the car with his girl(probably lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed)... The bill was taken care of by Saggy and his brothers then we left around 8:30pm... Good thing is that I didn't spend a dine.. not even for transport as Kelvin payed for that cheesy..

nice

(1) (Reply)

>>> I Need Books Or Write-ups By Wole Soyinka And Zulu Sofola >>> / 6 Types Of People You’ll Find In A Typical Nigerian Church / The Dragon King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.