Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,720 members, 7,975,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 11:59 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (382421 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Tessajohn820(f): 5:38pm On Sep 11
Please my Tech guys in the House.which Tech can someone learn in Nigeria to survive in Germany.which area and how does one apply for job position .Please I need someone to put me through.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Kinglaz: 11:11pm On Sep 11
Thank you for your Response.

Please also why is it that some people are being verified and others are being exempted from the Verification Process? Is there a specific criteria to be exmpted?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Kinglaz: 11:13pm On Sep 11
I heard Software Engineer seems to be of high demand in Germany.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DevAhmed: 5:29am On Sep 12
Learn any tech skill you enjoy, most importantly learn the language. The job market is very competitive right now.

Kinglaz:
I heard Software Engineer seems to be of high demand in Germany.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DevAhmed: 5:33am On Sep 12
Mid October to receive appointment date email or the appointment date itself?

Approximately, what’s the duration between the day of receiving appointment date and the appointment itself?

Thanks smiley

Enjay1998:

They start giving Feb 2023 applicants from mid August.
Since you applied at the end of March, you will be expecting appointment from the middle of October.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by magnificient7: 8:46am On Sep 12
Kinglaz:

Please also why is it that some people are being verified and others are being exempted from the Verification Process? Is there a specific criteria to be exmpted?

A good question.

@Arogz12
@Didibk

Did you guys pay for verification during your interview?

Also, others who have done their interviews, did you guys pay for the verification process?
Are you applying only for yourself or with children?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Enjay1998: 8:26pm On Sep 12
DevAhmed:
Mid October to receive appointment date email or the appointment date itself?

Approximately, what’s the duration between the day of receiving appointment date and the appointment itself?

Thanks smiley

Appointment date email. They will give you three to four weeks notice. So, the appointment itself will be from mid November
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Enjay1998: 8:28pm On Sep 12
Kinglaz:

Verification is exempted for people whose spouse is a researcher in Germany. Also A1 language is exempted too

Sometimes even application fee is refunded but I do not know the criteria for that.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Enjay1998: 8:33pm On Sep 12
magnificient7:

A good question.

@Arogz12
@Didibk

Also, others who have done their interviews, did you guys pay for the verification process?

If your spouse in Germany is not a a researcher, you are definitely paying verification fee during interview and submitting A1 language certificate

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DevAhmed: 9:22pm On Sep 12
Blue card holder are also excepted

Enjay1998:

If your spouse in Germany is not a a researcher, you are definitely paying verification fee during interview and submitting A1 language certificate
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Didibk: 4:56pm On Sep 13
Ok. Thank you Frau Posh.

FrauPosh:

The lawyer that visited me didn't visit any of my siblings. He said seeing my mum and dad and one friend was sufficient. He only visited one friend .
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Didibk: 5:06pm On Sep 13
Yes, I had my interview. I was not asked to pay for the visa fee. I was told it's because my hubby is German. I was also not asked to pay for verification fee for now. That if they need to do a verification, I will be notified by email and told to pay.

magnificient7:

A good question.

@Arogz12
@Didibk

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DevAhmed: 5:35pm On Sep 13
I heard they gave Feb 15 appointment date today

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Enjay1998: 8:09am On Sep 14
Please

Does anyone know the exact documents requested from the spouse living in Germany by the ABH?

Thank you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Singlefile(m): 12:46am On Sep 16
Good morning my people, please this my question will need an urgent response.
I am currently seeking for a job in Germany and one of the employer asked if an employment contract is issued to me, when will i relocation to Germany Berlin to start work with them.

I currently do not have any practical experience in the visa application process, requirements and time frame to obtain my visa, so that I can specifically answer them the exact likely time frame I will relocate and join them.

Please I will really need a detailed response and thanks in anticipation
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by magnificient7: 6:16am On Sep 16
Singlefile:
Good morning my people, please this my question will need an urgent response.
I am currently seeking for a job in Germany and one of the employer asked if an employment contract is issued to me, when will i relocation to Germany Berlin to start work with them.

I currently do not have any practical experience in the visa application process, requirements and time frame to obtain my visa, so that I can specifically answer them the exact likely time frame I will relocate and join them.

Please I will really need a detailed response and thanks in anticipation

With a working contract, you apply for a work visa at the consulate, and the process is relatively easier and faster. I am not sure of the timeline but the process should be well below three months.

You may need to check the consulate website to be sure of the definite timeline.
Or you can send them an email or call them...
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Singlefile(m): 8:42am On Sep 16
Thank you for your informative response. The main issue I'm facing is figuring out how to navigate the application process and obtain the remaining necessary information. I need details about the application site, the step-by-step application process, the number of forms to fill out, and how to schedule an appointment for my interview. I've heard that getting appointment schedules can be very challenging, so any assistance with this information would be greatly appreciated.

Regarding applying for a work visa with a working contract, it seems that the process at the consulate is relatively easier and faster. Although I'm not certain about the exact timeline, I believe it should take less than three months. It may be beneficial to verify the specific timeline on the consulate's website or by contacting them via email or phone.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Didibk: 1:48pm On Sep 16
Hi Frau Posh. Please which email address were you sending the email reminders to?
FrauPosh:

I ll say just try and be patient. My lawyer visited in October 2023 that was 10 months after my interview in January 2023 up till this moment I haven't received verification complete email. 8 months after lawyer verification I still haven't received verification complete email. July will make it 9 months. So you see say your own even good. I have sent millions of emails to no avail. My patience has run out since. Na sit down dey look I dey now. Waiting is so hard but we will all get there.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by magnificient7: 3:35pm On Sep 16
Singlefile:
Thank you for your informative response. The main issue I'm facing is figuring out how to navigate the application process and obtain the remaining necessary information. I need details about the application site, the step-by-step application process, the number of forms to fill out, and how to schedule an appointment for my interview. I've heard that getting appointment schedules can be very challenging, so any assistance with this information would be greatly appreciated.

Regarding applying for a work visa with a working contract, it seems that the process at the consulate is relatively easier and faster. Although I'm not certain about the exact timeline, I believe it should take less than three months. It may be beneficial to verify the specific timeline on the consulate's website or by contacting them via email or phone.

Here is the link to the German embassy website to book for an appointment.

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?locationCode=lago&request_locale=en

Navigate to work visa and follow the steps.

As for the application documents, you should get a list of the documents on the webpage as well. But it's basically your schools certificate and documents, work contracts so far and the new work contract etc.

Not many applying for work permits here, so if your question is not completely answered, you can easily call the embassy or write them a mail.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Singlefile(m): 4:43pm On Sep 16
Let me not disturb you any further, you have done noble. I will revert if necessary. Let me just tell my employer that within 3 months, I will obtain my work visa from the recent information I got here because the employer was asking if he makes available employment contract documents, when I will arrive Germany Berlin

magnificient7:

Here is the link to the German embassy website to book for an appointment.

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?locationCode=lago&request_locale=en

Navigate to work visa and follow the steps.

As for the application documents, you should get a list of the documents on the webpage as well. But it's your schools certificate and documents, work contracts so far and the new work contract etc.

Not many apply for work permits here, so if your question is not completely answered, you can easily call the embassy or write them a mail.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MedBose: 6:13pm On Sep 16
@Singlefile,

Regarding your question about the visa process on getting an employment contract for a role in Berlin; I would say there are two categories:
1. A Blue card visa/skilled workers immigration bla bla
2. Job work visa

For the first category, the appointment wait time and the visa processing after interview is relatively shorter. From booking an appointment to receipt of your visa, this can take anything from 4/6 weeks to 3 months. If you meet the requirements for this category (please read it up); The catch here is that you will need to get from your employer a so called pre-approval document (vorabstimmung, not sure of the right name😂) from ZAV or so. This process can take anything from 2 weeks or months and it can only be applied for by your German employer to something similar to their ministry of education (don’t ask why). Anyways, after you have this document, then you can boldly follow the link to the consulate’s online booking system and select the category for the “workers that meet the skilled immigration act bla bla with preapproval”. You will be required to book an appointment as usual and put some information from the preapproval document ( I’ve forgotten if you’d also have to upload it). Once this is done, you get an email confirmation, then you can expect to get an interview date within three weeks and if you’re lucky you can get your visa after the interview in 2 to 4 weeks (it can be more). This is the fast track process and it should be quick and fast, but sometimes 😞.

The second category is the normal route for work visa (au pair etc) that do not meet the above category’s requirement. The wait time for an appointment is more than one year (I hear this is now 17-19 months, not sure). You only need to register or book an appointment under this category in the consulate’s online booking system. They will reach out to you 17-19 months later with the date for the interview.

The documents required for this interview can be easily found on the consulate’s website, likewise instructions/guidance.

I heard from someone that there is a pilot program where work visa under the Blue card visa category, can be applied for online. This means you’d register on an online platform for this visa, fill then submit the usual documents you would have submitted in a physical interview. After which your submission will be reviewed and if there are any concerns they would be communicated to you through the portal/platform. Once your documents and submissions are found okay, they would communicate a separate booking platform to pick an interview date from available dates and then you prepare and attend your interview.

The key is to always start on time, because patience is both important and required in dealing with the consulate.

So your question on what time frame to give your potential employer?

Tell them 2 to 3 months and this only dependent on if they are willing to apply on your behalf to get the preapproval document I mentioned earlier. Time starts counting only after you have received the preapproval document. Otherwise you wait for more than a year. I am also hoping you have already confirmed that your degree and university is on the Anabin website and is equivalent to a commensurate German degree and university.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Arogz12: 5:11am On Sep 17
Sorry for the late response, my wife didn't pay for anything. I guess, it is because I'm on scholarship
magnificient7:

A good question.

@Arogz12
@Didibk

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Singlefile(m): 7:57am On Sep 17
Thank you sir for your timely response

MedBose:
@Singlefile,

Regarding your question about the visa process on getting an employment contract for a role in Berlin; I would say there are two categories:
1. A Blue card visa/skilled workers immigration bla bla
2. Job work visa

For the first category, the appointment wait time and the visa processing after interview is relatively shorter. From booking an appointment to receipt of your visa, this can take anything from 4/6 weeks to 3 months. If you meet the requirements for this category (please read it up); The catch here is that you will need to get from your employer a so called pre-approval document (vorabstimmung, not sure of the right name😂) from ZAV or so. This process can take anything from 2 weeks or months and it can only be applied for by your German employer to something similar to their ministry of education (don’t ask why). Anyways, after you have this document, then you can boldly follow the link to the consulate’s online booking system and select the category for the “workers that meet the skilled immigration act bla bla with preapproval”. You will be required to book an appointment as usual and put some information from the preapproval document ( I’ve forgotten if you’d also have to upload it). Once this is done, you get an email confirmation, then you can expect to get an interview date within three weeks and if you’re lucky you can get your visa after the interview in 2 to 4 weeks (it can be more). This is the fast track process and it should be quick and fast, but sometimes 😞.

The second category is the normal route for work visa (au pair etc) that do not meet the above category’s requirement. The wait time for an appointment is more than one year (I hear this is now 17-19 months, not sure). You only need to register or book an appointment under this category in the consulate’s online booking system. They will reach out to you 17-19 months later with the date for the interview.

The documents required for this interview can be easily found on the consulate’s website, likewise instructions/guidance.

I heard from someone that there is a pilot program where work visa under the Blue card visa category, can be applied for online. This means you’d register on an online platform for this visa, fill then submit the usual documents you would have submitted in a physical interview. After which your submission will be reviewed and if there are any concerns they would be communicated to you through the portal/platform. Once your documents and submissions are found okay, they would communicate a separate booking platform to pick an interview date from available dates and then you prepare and attend your interview.

The key is to always start on time, because patience is both important and required in dealing with the consulate.

So your question on what time frame to give your potential employer?

Tell them 2 to 3 months and this only dependent on if they are willing to apply on your behalf to get the preapproval document I mentioned earlier. Time starts counting only after you have received the preapproval document. Otherwise you wait for more than a year. I am also hoping you have already confirmed that your degree and university is on the Anabin website and is equivalent to a commensurate German degree and university.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Princejef: 10:43am On Sep 17
Please which appointment date are they on currently??
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by FrauPosh: 11:50pm On Sep 17
Didibk:
Hi Frau Posh. Please which email address were you sending the email reminders to?

I always sent the reminder email to info@lago.auswaertiges-amt.de and copy info@lago.diplo.de.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by KenGreat1: 11:56am On Sep 18
FrauPosh:

No I haven't. Have you received yours?
my document verification is over but haven't heard from them
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by annieezeh8: 3:35pm On Sep 18
@Singlefile, "I heard from someone that there is a pilot program where work visa under the Blue card visa category, can be applied for online. This means you’d register on an online platform for this visa, fill then submit the usual documents you would have submitted in a physical interview. After which your submission will be reviewed and if there are any concerns they would be communicated to you through the portal/platform. Once your documents and submissions are found okay, they would communicate a separate booking platform to pick an interview date from available dat" es and then you prepare and attend your interviews"

Regarding this do you mean the consular service portal; has anyone here actually used it? Did you get an appointment? Specifically for Blue card Visa
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MedBose: 9:05am On Sep 19
@annieezeh8

It probably works. The person who talked about it had mentioned that you will fill the online form on the consular service platform and be required to attach the scanned copy of the original document you would have otherwise submitted in a physical interview. On submission, The consulate will then review and if you omitted correct details or documents they will communicate with you the corrections or additions you have to make. It is only after they have reviewed and confirmed that your submission is okay, they will now send you a link to select a date out of the available dates for an appointment. I think it is maybe a step by step process: Apply > submit > consulate review > book an appointment > interview > visa decision. The succeeding step is available only after you have satisfied the preceding step.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by annieezeh8: 3:17pm On Sep 20
@Singlefile, Thanks for the reply, really appreciate!

please can I message by email or privately
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DevAhmed: 9:23am On Sep 21
Looking at the patterns, it takes 2 months to give appointment dates to people who booked within a certain month. Dates are rolled up every 2 weeks for just 1 week. I don't know if my observation is wrong

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Singlefile(m): 10:55am On Sep 21
Please, I want to be clear here, what is the main means of employment documents delivery from the employer to the employee?
Email or DHL

Outside the employment contract documents, is there any documents needed to attach for visa purposes from the employer to the employee in the delivery driver job offer?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Singlefile(m): 12:13pm On Sep 21
Can I apply for a work permit visa with only an employment contract from the employer, and the visa will be issued?

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Giving Birth In Brazil / Need Help With Direction

Viewing this topic: funtaro, DevAhmed and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.