Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,870 members, 7,933,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 10:50 PM

Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? (32316 Views)

Is It Advisable To Date A Girl Who Is A Member Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star? / Lady Calls Out Man Who Has Been Asking Her Out But Got Married In December / Lady Stages Proposal After Facebook Said She Would Be Married In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by engreddy(m): 11:05am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:
Please advice, wish to get married, live in a self contain but working for a salary less than 80k. Is it reasonable to live with a wife in a one room?

I live in a self content too. I'm planning to get married as well. However, I'm planning to make certain changes.
What I am planning is, I will switch to a spacious single room that has toilet inside. Probably, two spacious room but using a toilet not shared with many people. At most 2 people.

That way, the financial demands will not be too hard on me, while also making plans to build mind.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Connecticut: 11:05am On Jan 05, 2019
pythonkid:
No bro , you have to build a duplex before you get married bro.
God will bless you with your response.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by DivneFavour(m): 11:06am On Jan 05, 2019
If you and your girl are OK with it why not. Go for what you can afford at the moment while working for a better tomorrow.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Originalsly: 11:06am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:

Pleased advice, wish to get married, live in a self contain but working for a salary less than 80k. Is it reasonable to live with a wife in a one room?

Not advisable....wait until you build a mansion.... have your car...a Benz.... millions in your bank account.... salary at least 500k... then you can marry. Check around...... absolutely no married couple live in self contain....at home or abroad...do you want to be the first?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by PointZerom: 11:07am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:
Please advice, wish to get married, live in a self contain but working for a salary less than 80k. Is it reasonable to live with a wife in a one room?

There's nothing wrong with it if that's your level for now. Pls don't allow anybody to deceive you. Some started lower than this and today they're doing a lot better.

What should be a serious concern to you before going into marriage is your Income and that of your spouse. If you both have steady income generated business or work, with time and financial discipline, you'll get there.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by ehissi(m): 11:08am On Jan 05, 2019
pythonkid:

Why can't he get married now since he can't afford two bedroom for now , they can do family planning and put heads together to work on a brighter future , if you wait until you save enough for two bedroom my guy u may end up getting married 3years later than intended .

More like 13yrs, because he will want to furnish the place well before he marries.

On 80k per month, E go tey. Before he will now start saving for wedding, both traditional and spiritual (be it church or mosque)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 05, 2019
Not advisable at all. Wait till you build a mansion with 6 bedroom at ground floor and 20 up, Then you must have bought a G-wagon and at least a Lincoln navigator before you marry.

Nigerians always living a fake life. You won't cut your coat according to your size. Change is the only permanent thing in life. What makes you think you can't stay in a 1 bedroom apartment or better still live with your parents while you raise funds for your own 3 or 4 bedroom. Guy it is all about planning and discipline.

Those pips who advise you to go for 3 bedroom now don't even plan to leave a rented apartment. Tell your fiance your plan to build your own apartment. Get a 1 or preferably a 2 plot and raise it gradually till you move in. If the girl does not support you but insist on a Fancy rent then you know the kind of girl you wanna marry.

With 80k you can join a cooperative and save 30k or 40k monthly. That is a total of 360k or 480k yearly. Within a year and half you have 500k. You can borrow 2wice or better still 3 times what you have saved. That gives you 1.5 or 1m. You can otherwise do contribution with 12 other guys giving you 480 to 360 for 40k and 30k respectively. Depending on your location, there are plots for 150k to 200. You can do a very nice apartment for a start of 1.5m and hopefully with salary increase, you will balance up. It will be difficult for starters especially if you are married but in the end, you will be OK. If yet to be married, it will be very easy. You might even live within just 30k cutting down on expenses of transportation, food e. t. c and save 50k. Trust me, you will be a Landlord while pips making 500k monthly won't even have a plot let alone a house till they retired.

Life is all about planning. Regardless of how much you collect, achieving substantial assets is all about planning and priorities.

Good luck man

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by tunary(m): 11:10am On Jan 05, 2019
What a question

Never you live to please anyone, it will be better you even start in a one room apartment and maximize your savings than living in a self contain or two bedroom apartment without savings to invest

Be wise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Toks2008(m): 11:10am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:

Is it advisable to screw a woman in one room apartment?
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by timeandchance76(m): 11:10am On Jan 05, 2019
I got married into 3bedroom flat but when reality down on me, am now in room and a parlour now. learn to cut your cloth according to your material, feeding yourself is different from feeding family.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 05, 2019
No. Frankly you living in and not being able to afford a one bedroom apartment currently is indication you are not ready for a family! Make financial goals and plans... there's no hurry in life...what's the pressure to get married when you can't take care of a family...no go frustrate your life for nothing. If you must marry, at least get a one bedroom. If you can't? You and your intending partner should wait and work towards something decent abeg... Forget the B.S of one room this one room that before you know it babies start popping in left right and center...all nah for inside the one room. The year is still early to double your hustle and pray something good comes your way ...no

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by CoolAmbience(m): 11:10am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:

Bro, there is no law prohibiting you. You are in no competition or desirous of pleasing anyone, are you? The size of your apartment doesn't define you. If both of you are great house keepers, it sure won't be a 'lowly' way to take-off. However, it is good that you both have a short term plan to move into something a bit more spacious before or not so long after the arrival of your first baby as space and traffic in your home tend to naturally decrease and increase respectively.

I know how I started and where I am now as well as where I am headed in the near future. Just have a clear direction and make the right pick of a partner....not forgetting, you've got to be right yourself.

Size of apartment nor dey directly proportional to harmony for marriage o. Lol.........Please, don't mind me.

Just be cool and strategic. Who says you can't move from there to your own property? Just keep doing right and believing.

Best wishes!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Princegado1(m): 11:11am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:

Depends if the girl you want to marry accepts you the way you are and willing to endure and build with you. Yes you can.

My brother in 2010 wanted to get married, he was staying in face me I face you back then and all the girls he brought home n told them of his intentions ends up rejecting him, only this one girl he is married to now never rejected him. Today they are living in their own bungalow with 3 kids n driving 2 cars and living comfortably. She even gave birth to her last son in Dubai.

Just get yourself a girl that is ready to endure n build n grow with you and you are good to go...

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 05, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
no don't marry her now.
Wait till you build a duplex.

When you build a duplex you will come and ask us again and we will tell you to wait till you can afford a mansion.

When you finally own a mansion come and ask us again so we'll tell you to wait till you own an estate.

You're asking us because it's us your getting married to :[

Have they banned ur other account? grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by LVStone(m): 11:13am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:

Friend, its all about perception, what exactly is your perception to life? For me, my life is in Gods hand but he has given me the privilege to make certain reasonable decisions. No body owns your life and is there anybody you wish to impress or compete with? You should impress yourself and compete with yourself alone, live within your income and be sincere to yourself. Even if your fiancee isn't comfortable with one room and that's the best you can honestly do right now let her go, get a woman whose perception about life is not about being possessive rather being visionary. I have the money to rent a three bedroom apartment but I decided to live below my income because of few things I wish to achieve and my fiancee is quite understanding, we would be getting married in months in our convenient place even though we can the resources to do more than that. Its all about you not even about the lady, don't let anybody push you into financial struggles that will be like an unending season-film, grow along your income and not above it. I pray God bless your hustle.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by idu1(m): 11:14am On Jan 05, 2019
Make sure you are getting married to the right woman. The sky will be your limit. That's all...

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by koyeni(m): 11:15am On Jan 05, 2019
No overdo
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by MrHighSea: 11:16am On Jan 05, 2019
Grupo:

Why do most of you rush and get married? Huh? You earn around 80k and you are already rushing to get married?

As long as celibacy is out of the discussion.
Some ppl prefer to make their relationship legal in the eyes of God and men.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by madridsta007(m): 11:18am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:

Not advisable sir. You earn what -less than £180 per month and you want to add extra mouths and responsibilities on your unprepared self? You you know what a wife is? Is anyone pushing you to marry? Why do young men these days intentionally make life difficult for themselves?

Dont let emotions land you into trouble you cant extricate yourself from. When you are married, you are married. Why don't you focus on growing yourself and your career than adding a woman, who will definitely pressure you into having a child immediately, with your current salary which is rather meagre?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Dinho20(m): 11:20am On Jan 05, 2019
YES YOU CAN GET MARRIED IN ONE ROOM APARTMENT,
IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW YOU STARTED,
HOW YOU FINISH IS WHAT MATTERS MOST.

FORGET ABOUT ALL THESE PEOPLE FORMING BILL GATE ON NAIRALAND, AND OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKS;
THEY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING IN REAL LIFE,
THEY ARE STILL EATING MAMA THANK YOU.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by uchennaq(m): 11:21am On Jan 05, 2019
pythonkid:

Why can't he get married now since he can't afford two bedroom for now , they can do family planning and put heads together to work on a brighter future , if you wait until you save enough for two bedroom my guy u may end up getting married 3years later than intended .
That is if the so called money will be there after the 3 years
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Grupo(m): 11:21am On Jan 05, 2019
MrHighSea:

As long as celibacy is out of the discussion.
Some ppl prefer to make their relationship legal in the eyes of God and men.

As if they have not been having sex all along, then all of a sudden they want to make their relationship legal.

Anyways, wetin concern me self - if una like, make una marry while living under the bridge, na una go still suffer am. As for me, I am averse to suffering, so, I am taking my time.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by rickyboss333: 11:21am On Jan 05, 2019
just out to read sensible comments with plenty likes only
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by paulpery: 11:21am On Jan 05, 2019
It depends, if you have the money go for a better one . But if not remain and save to build your own house.
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 05, 2019
What is wrong with that?

Are you a man at all?
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by zinaunreal(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2019
mayorall:

No bro, the best you can do is to relocate to another area in same city with 150k or less, you can get 2 bedroom.

Your wife might agree but women reason with emotions, they mostly think of today and not tomorrow.

Her nagging and insults in one room can frustrate you, please don't even if she agreed, her character and behaviour will always show no.

150k two bed room? Which area be that?
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Phemi93(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2019
Offpoint:
yeah, The sex is always extra ordinary.

Abraham got married to Sarah in a hut

Adam was homeless when he married eve.

My great grandpa got married while still living with his father, my grandpa.

as long as there's enough space for bed, get married and pump those kids.

Happy Easter everyone.

Truly off point cool
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 05, 2019
Goodplace:

I got married with no job, no house, nothing at all. But with savings from my wife, we were able to get a self contain, kitchen utilities and mattress.
To cut the long story, everything has to do with planning. But today, the story is changing. We no longer live in a self contain but in a 3-bedroom flat, with a car. Planning is the key. It also depends on your spouse too.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by zinaunreal(m): 11:30am On Jan 05, 2019
Originalsly:

Not advisable....wait until you build a mansion.... have your car...a Benz.... millions in your bank account.... salary at least 500k... then you can marry. Check around...... absolutely no married couple live in self contain....at home or abroad...do you want to be the first?
Travel and see

Ive seen families live in self con in port harcourt
Not new here

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by Isoduwa(m): 11:31am On Jan 05, 2019
pythonkid:

Not married �� is not a crime and not a problem
Re: Is It Advisable To Get Married In A Self Contain? by somehow: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2019
If that's what you can afford please go ahead, if she's not okay with it, let her add money to get what she wants.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Ways Men Can overcome the act of Philandering. / 5 Reasons Why You Are Still A Single Guy / Why A Woman Should Never Chase The Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.