Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,703 members, 7,882,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 01:25 AM

Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? (4044 Views)

Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Sexyabby(f): 5:33am On Apr 18, 2007
I'm just curious, I want to know if you get beatings from your parents and tell us about the worst beating you got from your parents and why?
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by segzee(m): 5:40am On Apr 18, 2007
that should be 5 years back
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by spoilt(f): 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2007
@poster
what are you? 12?
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Sexyabby(f): 1:15am On Apr 19, 2007
@ spoilt,i said that I'm just curious, I'm not even going to say anything else because some people are going to say that I'm been rude
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by cuteass1(f): 2:53am On Apr 19, 2007
Sexyabby:

@ aloib,i said that I'm just curious, I'm not even going to say anything else because some people are going to say that I'm been rude

lol, who is this aloib that you're talking to. Seems you're on the wrong thread undecided
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Sexyabby(f): 3:04am On Apr 19, 2007
lol,I'm so sorry,I'm always mixing up their name, I'm talking to spoilt.
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by cuteass1(f): 3:07am On Apr 19, 2007
Sexyabby:

well, good you cleared it up before someone else that you didnt mean to talk to bounces on you grin

i thought so too, that was why i made the comment wink
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by ifezue(m): 3:23am On Apr 19, 2007
Hey! is that legal in ur location? If it's no longer acceptable in Africa where parents are known to instill discipline with rod, it should not be in any other part of the world.

There are better ways of correcting kids these days. Bytheway, if you know any kids whose parents still beat them, you can cantact me and we will sue their ass off, cos i am a lawyer.Lol
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by spoilt(f): 3:35am On Apr 19, 2007
Sexyabby:

Sexyabby:

@ spoilt,i said that I'm just curious, I'm not even going to say anything else because some people are going to say that I'm been rude

of course i understand you are curious but this is a forum for adults. i dont think most people here receive beatings from their parents. a lot are parents themselves! i wrote that response before checking your profile. i then saw that you are indeed 14. now i understand!!!!! it wasnt meant to put you down or anything dear.

and no i dont get beatings from my parents.
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by omogenaija(f): 3:58am On Apr 19, 2007
the last time i got slapped was like 5 years ago

i told my sista that i was doin to kick her ass and as soon as i said that a slap came to my face from the right

havent made threaths since and i havent got beat either smiley
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Sexyabby(f): 4:47am On Apr 19, 2007
@spoilt, ok thanx for making it clear

@ifezue,no its illegal here but i know dat some parents still beat their kids.
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by chiogo(f): 3:49pm On Apr 19, 2007
ummmm, I got beaten last about 5 years ago. Never again. cool
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Seun(m): 7:05pm On Apr 19, 2007
I've was slapped by my mother a few years ago during an argument. Twice.

I didn't feel it. I kept on saying what she was trying to prevent me from saying. I was so cool that day! cool
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by star01(m): 7:10pm On Apr 19, 2007
i had the beating of my life 4rm my in law(sister's husband), five months ago in ATLATA GEORGIA, couldnt belive my eyes when he started whoopin my ass,kicking,hittingme so hard, that i got to work the other day felt sick and weak, but praises to God ve relocated
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Seun(m): 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2007
Why didn't you kick him hard back or report him to the police? I'm sure that's how he whoops his wife too.

I can't be whooped by anyone who is physically weaker than me o. Especially not a woman or an older man.
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by star01(m): 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2007
Seun:

I can't be whooped by anyone who is physically weaker than me o. Especially not a woman.
Why didn't you kick him hard back or report him to the police? I'm sure that's how he whoops his wife too.
its a long story, i simply don't want to go to that extent, u know we nigerians(mentality too low), if i do such am pretty sure , no good thing would come out of their mouth, but i took the right step by leaving his house, up till now he hasnt realise his mistake to SAY "HIS SORRY",
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Seun(m): 7:31pm On Apr 19, 2007
He would have been sorry if he got a good ass-whooping from his junior, or arrested by the police. Very sorry.
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by star01(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2007
if u were in my shoes will u do such?
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Seun(m): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2007
I will defend myself (with non-lethal force) if anybody I can handle attacks me, uncle or no uncle. That is my own.
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Hugoboi(m): 8:25pm On Apr 22, 2007
will defend myself (with non-lethal force) if anybody I can handle attacks me, uncle or no uncle. That is my own

Which one be non lethal force; Oga Seun
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Seun(m): 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2007
bulala, cain, belt, kicks, blows, plates, slippers, elbows, sticks. Anything I can use to defend myself, I will use.
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Hugoboi(m): 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2007
against ur peeps.C'mon,u dont expect uc to beleive that.Do u?
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by anabell(f): 2:10pm On Apr 24, 2007
i use to get a lot of beatin from my mum and my older brothers ,anyway i was really a big pain when i was growin up
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Seun(m): 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2007
No, you were not a big pain, but the beatings made you feel that way. A happy child cannot really be a big pain.
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by mukina2: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2007
Being a tom boy whilst growing up .
i always got beaten by my mum
for running off toplay with the boys when i should be at home
for riding my bicycle in the  Government motorway grin
for playing football in the rain grin
i cant remember it all but i received lots of slaps and 3-6 strokes  of a cane grin
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by titilayomi(f): 8:05pm On Apr 26, 2007
i think i was last beaten by my mom (my dad doesn't) when i was in jss3, and thts like 12yrs ago. The only beating were from school teachers on general punishment cuz i never get in trouble. And my bros or uncles or aunts dare not lift a hand on me(none has ever even tried it except my siblings- and its more of fighting each other as the eldest is just 3 yrs older than me. My dad wont have anyone beat his daughter except my mom.
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Seun(m): 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2007
Hmmm, I love your dad's philosophy, but I wouldn't even allow my wife (if any) to beat my child at all.
It will be in our marriage contract. If she wants to beat the child, she must get a divorce first. That's my own! cheesy
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by ikamefa(f): 8:43pm On Apr 26, 2007
@topic sure! lets just say i have an adventurous spirit in me!  wink

but that was eons ago ,as soon as my parents found out beatings do nuffin to me(c o s  i will definitely go back to what i was beaten for)  wink they stopped   grin
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by titilayomi(f): 8:27am On Apr 27, 2007
Seun:

Hmmm, I love your dad's philosophy, but I wouldn't even allow my wife (if any) to beat my child at all.
It will be in our marriage contract. If she wants to beat the child, she must get a divorce first. That's my own! cheesy

Haba seun, why would you divorce your wife because she beats your child, afterall she gave birth to the child. She went thru the nine months and labor pains and she won't be cruel to her own blood, she's only trying to correct him/her in her own way, you can only advise her against it.
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Vieira(m): 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2007
Seun:

LOL!

This philosphy is what has got UK into the state of lawlessness that exists now.

I have a child and he does get a smacking.

He can also be told to hold his hands up or sent to his room.

Abusing your child is illegal, smacking is not but currently it is all down to the interpretation of silly social workers.

I also notice that the people with the most to say about not smacking a kid are those who do not have any.

Let me share today's headline in the sun with you.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_headline=asboy-%2D-boozy-yob%2D-10%26method=full%26objectid=18972170%26siteid=89520-name_page.html

Come to the UK and see kids running wild without any fear. angry

I have taken the law into my own hands a few times at great risk. People are clamouring for old school discipline to be brought back.
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by Genial(m): 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2007
LOL, indeed.

It is my opinion that the philosophy represented by Seun's last comment  is dangerous to say the least, and irresponsible in certain situations.
However, given that the idea of administering smacks is for correction and direction, I suppose that any sensible (note, sensible refers to - legal, acceptable, non-threatening, non-harmful, etc!) method that actually achieves the goal cannot be dismissed as impractical and unacceptable.
Re: Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? by dupebaby(m): 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2007
well, for me, i still get beatin by my dad, u know, those old school father that doesn't understand wat it felt 2 be a teenager in america, well the worst one so far was when, i don't want 2 go 2 my middle school graduation, so i told my parent that the school ran out of money so we are not havin one that year, welll, let me cut the story short, the beatin was on unimaginable,my parents take turns,  i slept in the hospital for 4 dayz,  embarassed, that was a day i don't even want 2 live, 2 sec of angry [color=#770077][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Playful Relationships : Yes Or No? / What Has Life Taught You? / Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.