Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,454 members, 7,881,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:22 AM

Is Anyone Here Facing This Same Issue(s)..drop In - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Anyone Here Facing This Same Issue(s)..drop In (354 Views)

Court Frees 12 Ajayi Crowther University Students Facing Murder Charge / JAMB Records 4.01 % Drop In Applications Received In 2018 – NBS / Let’s Talk!! What Was The Hardest Thing You Faced Or Currently Facing In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anyone Here Facing This Same Issue(s)..drop In by sociologymajor: 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2019
Hello Everyone, I am Mr X, a final year student presently rounding off my undergraduate studies on the field of SOCIOLOGY. In all honesty, I choose the course to hasten my admission into the university, I previously had no clue on what it entails or its subject matter. When I got into the university, we were constantly bombarded with "The study of the family" and how ill socialization at that basic unit can have an adverse effect on the individual and the society at large. Aside from that the other concept I understood about the course is the different/various Social issues/problem confronting our society.
My problem now is I am getting out of school soon, I am so scared for the future, the applicability of what I studied into our own society, job prospect and if I would be able to fit in to everyday life.
My scepticism stem from the fact that I am Plain dull, have absolutely no skill whatsoever, Have no source of Income while in school(depend wholly on my parent) and very very scared of Poverty..I was born into it, raised in it and gradually watching my life plunged into it.
I don't know the next step to take because have constantly live in fear of what tomorrow holds. Also, unlike my "mates", I am leaving school a little too late(about 2yrs behind schedule) and as such age is not on my Syd(presently 25).

My only plus is I would be graduating with a 2.1 from a first generation university(Of which I don't even have a clue what to use it for)

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE FROM RESPECTABLE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM..Thanks
Re: Is Anyone Here Facing This Same Issue(s)..drop In by arinze2015: 7:58pm On Jan 07, 2019
sociologymajor:
Hello Everyone, I am Mr X, a final year student presently rounding off my undergraduate studies on the field of SOCIOLOGY. In all honesty, I choose the course to hasten my admission into the university, I previously had no clue on what it entails or its subject matter. When I got into the university, we were constantly bombarded with "The study of the family" and how ill socialization at that basic unit can have an adverse effect on the individual and the society at large. Aside from that the other concept I understood about the course is the different/various Social issues/problem confronting our society.
My problem now is I am getting out of school soon, I am so scared for the future, the applicability of what I studied into our own society, job prospect and if I would be able to fit in to everyday life.
My scepticism stem from the fact that I am Plain dull, have absolutely no skill whatsoever, Have no source of Income while in school(depend wholly on my parent) and very very scared of Poverty..I was born into it, raised in it and gradually watching my life plunged into it.
I don't know the next step to take because have constantly live in fear of what tomorrow holds. Also, unlike my "mates", I am leaving school a little too late(about 2yrs behind schedule) and as such age is not on my Syd(presently 25).

My only plus is I would be graduating with a 2.1 from a first generation university(Of which I don't even have a clue what to use it for)

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE FROM RESPECTABLE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM..Thanks
If only you will follow my advice,
Give your life to christ and pray to God with all faith.
1. He will give you direction
2. He will help you build your confidence
3.With Christ you are sure of a better tomorrow
Re: Is Anyone Here Facing This Same Issue(s)..drop In by sociologymajor: 8:05pm On Jan 07, 2019
arinze2015:
If only you will follow my advice,
Give your life to christ and pray to God with all faith.
1. He will give you direction
2. He will help you build your confidence
3.With Christ you are sure of a better tomorrow
Thanks but I expect better from you than this religious rhetoric's, but thanks anyway..

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Here Facing This Same Issue(s)..drop In by Dami12345: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2019
X

(1) (Reply)

Breaking! Fire Razes IMSU Faculty, Destroys Documents Worth Milions / Adamawa Students Protest ASUU Strike, Hands FG No-lecture-no-vote Threat / Jamb Form 2019/2020- How To Register On Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.