Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,619 members, 7,941,381 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:59 AM

Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket (7412 Views)

St / Fashola: "I Paid For My Grave Four Years Ago" / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2010
Sharon_f:

Where do these people get their info from?
the sources said, it was gathered, according to sources, it was learnt

Trust Nigerian media houses, the source said to another source who said they heard from a source whose source file for anonymity  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 9:22pm On Aug 10, 2010
Beaf:

Investigation is one of the reasons they are press men. . .
No matter how faulty they might be, they have their sources and provide the news that you or I couldn't.

I am waiting for the day Politicians would start suing media houses, trust me, alot of them'll go bankrupt grin
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Sharonf(f): 9:26pm On Aug 10, 2010
honeric01:

Trust Nigerian media houses, the sources said to another sources who said they heard from a sources whose source file for anonymity  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Gbawe: 8:32am On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

When did it become a force thing to run for presidency or Vice? he said he's not ready for that yet, why the force?

Abi OOO.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by adconline(m): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2010
Who's sounding daft now? do you have a stake with AGPA? why the emotion? Undecided

now tell us, what reasons did you give about AGPA being the better of all the parties? Huh

is just having your interest enough for the whole of 150million Nigerians? what if your interest is for Nigeria to break into pieces through the help of AGPA

Stop hiding under cloak of one nation under captivity by politicians. Why are u linking APGA to breaking up of your much cherished Naija into pieces? There is nothing from the poster to warrant your xenophobic statements. You are quick to link APGA to Nigeria's break without saying anything about AC which was a product of AD which fell short of INEC requirements, but was allowed to register anyway, because it was a tribal party that set out to actualize the yearnings and aspirations of one segment of Naija society?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 9:40am On Aug 11, 2010
adconline:

Stop hiding under cloak of one nation under captivity by politicians. Why are u linking APGA to breaking up of your much cherished Naija into pieces? There is nothing from the poster to warrant your xenophobic statements. You are quick to link APGA to Nigeria's break without saying anything about AC which was a product of AD which fell short of INEC requirements, but was allowed to register anyway, because it was a tribal party that set out to actualize the yearnings and aspirations of one segment of Naija society?

Now tell me why Non-Igbo should vote for AGPA since AGPA's interest is only for IGBOS? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Akanbiedu(m): 9:50am On Aug 11, 2010
This is a wise decision by Fashola. He is trying not to be drawn into the ZONING wahala.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Afam4eva(m): 10:08am On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

Who's sounding daft now? do you have a stake with AGPA? why the emotion? undecided

now tell us, what reasons did you give about AGPA being the better of all the parties?

is just having your interest enough for the whole of 150million Nigerians? what if your interest is for Nigeria to break into pieces through the help of AGPA?

Read my posts again. I never made the assertion that APGA was a better party than PDP or AC. All i said is that since i'm to choose i'll go with APGA simply because they have my interest. That's why i made the statement that the devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know. In fact in this case is more like "the devil you know is better than the Devil you don't know.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Afam4eva(m): 10:10am On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

Now tell me why Non-Igbo should vote for AGPA since AGPA's interest is only for IGBOS? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

All they need to do is to field a popular person who is Igbo. Some like Pat Utomi.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 10:18am On Aug 11, 2010
afam4eva:

All they need to do is to field a popular person who is Igbo. Some like Pat Utomi.

Like i said, you guys need to win your igbo states first before anything else. (with your interest)
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by desgiezd(m): 10:27am On Aug 11, 2010
chosen04:

. . . . .And one of his unfinished works must be another increase in BRT buses fare?

Some thinking sha!
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Pukkah: 10:44am On Aug 11, 2010
afam4eva:

Are you sure APGA is planning to field any candidate with the stories of endorsement of IBB flying around? It's even in the news today that a group known as Igbo National Consultative Assembly (INCA) has thrown its weight behind Jonathan.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Afam4eva(m): 10:57am On Aug 11, 2010
Pukkah:

Are you sure APGA is planning to field any candidate with the stories of endorsement of IBB flying around? It's even in the news today that a group known as Igbo National Consultative Assembly (INCA) has thrown its weight behind Jonathan.

At the end of the day it's still Igbo people that will decide who they'll vote for. Ojukwu and INCA can endorese whoever they want.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 11:05am On Aug 11, 2010
afam4eva:

At the end of the day it's still Igbo people that will decide who they'll vote for. Ojukwu and INCA can endorese whoever they want.

Every Igbo have the right to vote for anyone and i see them voting as they want come next year.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by omofat: 11:16am On Aug 11, 2010

But LEADERSHIP gathered that the presidential ambition of Ribadu had pitted him against his closest friend, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai. Sources close to the duo said that the former minister of the Federal Capital Territory has severally warned Ribadu not to team up with the AC in trying to[b] destroy [/b]another common friend, President Goodluck Jonathan.

Why should wanting to contest an election be tantamount to "destroying" someone? - Therein lies the problem with our democracy
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

Every Igbo have the right to vote for anyone and i see them voting as they want come next year.
the ibo have been disenfranchised courtesy of ojukwu selling of ibo votes for ibb for an unspecified favour that would sooner or later leak out. . .ojukwu may even campaign along with ibb if the campaign prpoer begins
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by toluls(m): 11:29am On Aug 11, 2010
i think i like that
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 11:32am On Aug 11, 2010
~Bluetooth:

the ibo have been disenfranchised courtesy of ojukwu selling of ibo votes for ibb for an unspecified favour that would sooner or later leak out. . .ojukwu may even campaign along with ibb if the campaign prpoer begins

This is just to prove that being Igbo does not mean he or she wants good for his fellow igbo.

What we as Nigerians need now is someone who's going to provide us with the basic amenities, just give us good roads, good health care, water, electricity and a proper housing structure, every other thing can be added later.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by asha80(m): 11:37am On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

This is just to prove that being Igbo does not mean he or she wants good for his fellow igbo.

What we as Nigerians need now is someone who's going to provide us with the basic amenities, just give us good roads, good health care, water, electricity and a proper housing structure, every other thing can be added later.

With the present structure nigerian is operating ii employ you to continue in your dreamland.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Gbawe: 11:38am On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

Precisely . An Individual who wishes to cast his vote according to ethnic/clannish consideration is just an ignorant Nigerian who cannot see that it is leaders from every region that have let us down . We need to begin moving away from 'local champion' politics to thoroughly examine Nigerians , wherever they are from, who mean well for all Nigerians.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 11:56am On Aug 11, 2010
asha 80:

With the present structure nigerian is operating ii employ you to continue in your dreamland.

This kind of mindset is dangerous. sad

Gbawe:

Precisely . An Individual who wishes to cast his vote according to ethnic/clannish consideration is just an ignorant Nigerian who cannot see that it is leaders from every region that have let us down . We need to begin moving away from 'local champion' politics to thoroughly examine Nigerians , wherever they are from, who mean well for all Nigerians.

Thank you my brother.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by asha80(m): 12:03pm On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

This kind of mindset is dangerous. sad

Thank you my brother.

Sorry bros but i hold the belief that the country is structurally flawed and the system we are operating on encourages corruption.that is why i hardly contrbute to political debates these days.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2010
asha 80:

Sorry bros but i hold the belief that the country is structurally flawed and the system we are operating on encourages corruption.that is why i hardly contrbute to political debates these days.

That means you are up for anything that comes your way as a Nigerian? embarassed
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Justcash(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2010
[b][b]This is directed to all those trying to crucify someone for choosing to vote for APGA based on his belief.
In a democracy, everyone gat the right to vote for anyone they deem fit. Voting for IBB is not a crime, neither is voting for APGA a sin. We must not vote for AC because you said so. We have to vote based on our interests, and our belief on the credibility of the candidates.
If I want to vote for APGA because I feel that they represent the interest of the Igbos, it is absolutely no one's business. If you want to vote for AC, go ahead and do it.
You seem to forget that while Fashola may be a member of AC, Tinubu (an inefficient big thief) is also a member of AC (A future ACN's Chairman for that matter). So, leave Nigerians to vote who they want. You can go ahead and vote who you want.
My question to Gbawe in particular is will anything on earth make you to vote for APGA against AC, even if someone like Donald Duke is running on APGA's platform, and Tinubu is running on AC's Platform? If No, Why?
This tribalism stuff is well in built in Nigerians. Remove the log from your eyes before trying to remove the ones in the eyes of others[/b][/b].
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2010
^^

That is a lie, it's not rooted in all Nigerians because if that is the case then those ethnic groups who do not have their compatriot bidding for positions wouldn't have any reason to go out to vote, from my part of Nigeria, i don't have anyone running for a presidential position, so i can as well sit down at home and not vote (likewise my kinsmen) but then, i still go out to vote for who i believe has more of the country's interest at heart.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by asha80(m): 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2010
honeric01:

That means you are up for anything that comes your way as a Nigerian? embarassed

On the contrary any reforms or talk that will not involve real federalism(not the nonsense we are doing) or confederation,a discusion by the diffenrent components that make up the country on how they want to be governed is just running around in circles or beating around the bush.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2010
asha 80:

On the contrary any reforms or talk that will not involve real federalism(not the nonsense we are doing) or confederation,a discusion by the diffenrent components that make up the country on how they want to be governed is just running around in circles or beating around the bush.

You are right, what i would love to see is every states having access to their resources, i mean everyone should develop their state with what they have and not this yeye thing we do.

Each state can then pay some certain amount to the federal government monthly as tax, while the federal government use such funds to help some of the states who are lagging behind and also to handle some other stuffs that might arise.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Gbawe: 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2010
Justcash:

My question to Gbawe in particular is will anything on earth make you to vote for APGA against AC, even if someone like Donald Duke is running on APGA's platform, and Tinubu is running on AC's Platform? If No, Why?
This tribalism stuff is well in built in Nigerians. Remove the log from your eyes before trying to remove the ones in the eyes of others.

Of course I will vote for Donald Duke against Tinubu. Yet I fear , whatever I say , you will not believe that because you think that Nigerians who can see the big picture , and thus rise above ethnic sentiments, do not exist. I am only supporting the AC because they seem ready to produce a candidate (Ribadu) I feel can move Nigeria forward. That they are a "Yoruba Party" is no concern of mine because I understand that , In Nigeria , political Parties are only a means to an end and not entities steeped in deep principle and integrity. Everything , for me is about , Nigeria gaining the right President.

If the ACN present Atiku or Alao-Akala as their candidate tomorrow you can be rest assured that I will vote against them. Similarly , I will vote for the PDP or the APGA if they produce a candidate I feel represents the best chance of progress for Nigeria. I will never vote for a candidate merely because he is running on the platform of a party from my region of Nigeria. it is all Nigerians that are suffering together while it is all the leaders , from various regions, that are enjoying stupendous wealth.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by honeric01(m): 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2010
Gbawe:

Of course I will vote for Donald Duke against Tinubu. Yet I fear , whatever I say , you will not believe that because you think that Nigerians who can see the big picture , and thus rise above ethnic sentiments, do not exist. I am only supporting the AC because they seem ready to produce a candidate (Ribadu) I feel can move Nigeria forward. That they are a "Yoruba Party" is no concern of mine because I understand that , In Nigeria , political Parties are only a means to an end and not entities steeped in deep principle and integrity. Everything , for me is about , Nigeria gaining the right President.

If the ACN present Atiku or Alao-Akala as their candidate tomorrow you can be rest assured that I will vote against them. Similarly , I will vote for the PDP or the APGA if they produce a candidate I feel represents the best chance of progress for Nigeria. I will never vote for a candidate merely because he is running on the platform of a party from my region of Nigeria. it is all Nigerians that are suffering together while it is all the leaders , from various regions, that are enjoying stupendous wealth.

Thank you
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Justcash(m): 1:26pm On Aug 11, 2010
Gbawe:

[b]Well, like you said, Sincerely,  I can never believe you. I on the other hand is a strong supporter of APGA, but will not hesitate to vote for either Fashola, Amaechi or Sullyvan Chime if they are presented to run for the presidency, no matter the platform they choose. However, if things remain the way they are at the moment, with Fashola refusing to run and Amaechi/Sullyvan prefering to go for a second term, then I just will vote for APGA because I believe in their mode of leadership as reflected in Anambra state. Not only that, I will do that because the devil that I know is better than an angel that I don't know. Ribadu is not a bad choice, but what has he done to show that he will be a good leader? is it by merely being the head of EFCC? He would have been better off as a vice president to someone that has been tested, like Fashola/Amaechi/Chimme/Duke.
The problem we have in this country is tribalism. It is a general thing. This is one of the reasons why I don't believe that Nigeria is united atall. Every tribe in Nigeria are equally guilty of this tribalism issue. This is the reason why qualified people will remain subdued and illiterates will be leading us, backed by tribalistic armed youths, which ultimately condemns us to blind leadership.
Was it not in Nigeria that someone like Yar'adua (RIP) reigned supreme from a sick bed overseas? If he can do that, what type of leadership do we then expect in future with the same men being recycled?
The day that Nigerians will vote without considering Ethnicity, and fight to defend their votes, is the day we shall expect salvation. That, will not happen soon.[/b]
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Fhemmmy: 1:30pm On Aug 11, 2010
I like a man with balls and not being pushed for how much he stand to gain but how much change he could bring.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by adconline(m): 4:12pm On Aug 11, 2010
Now tell me why Non-Igbo should vote for AGPA since AGPA's interest is only for IGBOS?
The point is that you have not answered my questions. Where were you when AD was formed to only protect the interest of only one tribe in Nigeria? Where were you when AD transformed into AC. Why didnt you not complain that no Igbo name has been mentioned in AC names that are flying around. Why is ANPP a northern party? Your sense of one Nigeria is expressed whenever APGA is mentioned? It's either you are xenophobic or a poor student of political events. Nigeria has always had tribal/regional parties. So check your ignorant coat at your computer desktop before coming here to insinuate that APGA wants to break up Nigeria.
APGA has not said that it would protect only the interest of Igbos, so telling them to win all Igbo states is like telling OBJ to win all South western states in 1999 or telling AC to win all south western states. There is no balance in your thought process

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Of Enugu Casts His Vote (Photos ) / Why Is Osogbo More Developed Than Ibadan And Abeokuta? / Lucky Irabor: Nigeria Armed Forces’ Subordination To Civil Rule Not In Doubt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.