Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,756 members, 7,905,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:44 PM

Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket (7382 Views)

St / Fashola: "I Paid For My Grave Four Years Ago" / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by lannre(m): 11:01am On Aug 13, 2010
babatunde raji fashola , smart governor ! how can he leave reality and be ease out of the mega tax,mega revenue, mega construction to accept maga vice president , presidency is not all about planting flowers oh !
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by fred4alabi(m): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2010
that is the best decision. he has my vote already. he is not ready for presidential tasks, he should climb the stairs gently and gradually otherwise we'll be badly brushed. there are several of his type waiting to be discovered. he should wait for them to develop and team up with them.

tinumbu is an evil genius too.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by deb(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2010
@ Gbawe
So that PDP succeeds thus damning Nigeria to four more more years of retrogression and 'business-as-usual' japajantis ? We have to hope that ACN (the new name for the AC ) and others (CPC) mount a serious challenge against the criminal reign of the evil PDP - a coalition of callous "do-or-die" individuals who exist to profit from the misery of the average Nigerian. Saying "AC is destined to fail" means you don't appreciate the concept of the "lesser of two evils" .

You are talking about one six and the other half a dozen
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by VALIDATOR: 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2010
honeric01:

Are you serious? i thought BRT start mid/late 2007 or do you have any contrary opinion? undecided undecided undecided

The party name is ACN
A : Action
C : Congress of
N : Nigeria

The idea,the plan,the dedicated lanes and many buses were already available during Tinubu's era but he spent the time campaining for Fashola. BRT services were not opened to the public until 2008. If you live in Lagos you will remember the lanes were already being constructed before Fashola came on board.
Here is an extract from wikipedia.
The first phase of the Lagos BRT was opened on March 24, 2008, although it was initially slated for opening in November 2007 (the initiative to build the system was initiated by the government of the previous governor, Bola Tinubu. It goes from Mile 12 through Ikorodu Road and Funsho Williams Avenue up to CMS. At current, the Lagos BRT Corridor is 22 km in length
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_Bus_Rapid_Transit_System
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by emeritus05: 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2010
After reading through all the replies on this thread,the opinion that comes to mind is that (1)Nigerians are very difficult people to please,no matter how hard you try.(2)A lot of the replies here lack objectivity and its tainted with Tribalism.(3)Some replies just show that some people are plain dunce when tackkling national issues.

As for me (speaking from an objectively point of view),Fashola's decision not to accept to run as VP is the best.Reason is; (i)he knows he's not seasoned enough, (i)he has alot of unfinished biz in Lagos State, (iii)he knows his boss(Tinubu) is trying to turn the tables on him,(iv)and finally he knows his projects(both the ones we can see and those in the offing) will be hijacked or stopped.

To those complaining about BRT fares,i  think(my opinion anyway)its still within the reach of average Lagosian to pay 160 dopemu-cms,120 ojota-cms,120 mile2-cms e.t.c.When i think of those days that commercial bus drivers hold us to ransome when it rains or there is scarcity of fuel with no option than to pay exhorbitant fares,i still thank God for BRT.

Someone mentioned the issue of Tax,their is no developed nation in this world today that achieved that status without the use of Tax payers money.My take on this is that when u pay your tax and you see the evidence of your money been used to provide amenities albeit at slow pace its still better than you paying with nothing to show.atleast the Federal govt collect tax through VAT!and we can't see anything to show for it.

And as regards political parties,i wld like to blieve that we all on this forum are liberal in our thinking and for our own good,we shld jettisson the attitude of our fathers.i believe a new nigeria is coming where tribalism,ethnicism,will have no place.A Nigeria,where we wld vote for personalty not for religion,ethnic and party affliations.And i think that is the point,ACN re trying to drive home,they went SHOPPING for a candidate that will help us realise our new nigeria.

One word for those who are for the separation of nigeria on the basis of marginalisation,we need you(atleast we the advocates of new nigeria) to stay,see beyond this present hopelessness and belive that our Eldorado,which is a free and egalitarian society for all will be ours in no time.Leave Tribalism;its the brainchild of our fathers that did us no good.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by uridiwan(m): 4:27pm On Aug 13, 2010
Fashola i strongly trust you we still need you here in lagos,though i am originally from kogi state but i was born and raise up here in lagos, he is surely going to be the nigerian president 2014 after he might have complete his mission in lagos state, baba you get MOUTH like barack Obama.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2010
You have to understand how politics works. You try to win as many state as possible.

Ribadu can not win any state in nigeria politics, even in the north. Any one not pro north among northerner is finshed in northern politics. In northern politics. People who do not believe in Arewa(north) first do not win. You see, go on youtube Ribadu went around the world talking about electoral reform, which would put the north into minority. Northerner hate that. And for talking about electoral reform that would put northerner into minority status. Some northerner may even kill him , if he step his foot on the soil of kano.

The satellite picture are powerful. I would not be shock if i beat Ribadu in north , even while I am not a northerner, just because I have been pushing for them to cut off edo,delta and yoruba from nigeria so that the north become majority. Northerner prefer that, and anyone telling them nonsense like Ribadu have been saying. Does not speak for them.

And ribadu is just speaking Turashi, northerners are not looking for people who are speaking Turashi. I am telling you of deep ethnics politics. If I can make them majority, they are ready to give me wife in every state in the north and send them all of them to me in canada if the canadian embassy allow them 18 or so women to get visa as one man wife. This is how deep it is. That why they keep on posting one of Yar adua child. I am telling you knowing Northerner, he would give me his child for making the north majority. We had a civil war over North and south, which were aftermath of a south coup. It lead to a civil war, more than 1,000,000 people was killed.

Former Sultan of Sokoto children Dasuki went to a primary school in sokoto that is own by my friend mother, her surname start with M. Dasuki can go and find out from them. If I would be telling lies over this. I lived in the north before. They can kill over the issue of the satellie picture.

The satellite picture are deep. Northerner do not need people who want to speak Turashi to them. As far as they are concern , Ribadu is a Turashi man. And Ba turashi in the north. Turashi mean english. Ko ba kaba.

Odikwa serious
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by pesco4u: 6:07pm On Aug 13, 2010
Like atiku, They always brings from another party, they no get members where fit contest, Ribadu muslem, fashola muslem, tinubu muslem, fashola buzzy, tinubu vacant, tinubu trick, leave them they will all fail, Instead of them to join another political party and be strong they planning to bring a candidate to contest, even a layman knows that they can't go anywhere.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by pesco4u: 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2010
Like atiku, They always brings from another party, they no get members where fit contest, Ribadu muslem, fashola muslem, tinubu muslem, fashola buzzy, tinubu vacant, tinubu trick, leave them they will all fail, Instead of them to join another political party and be strong they planning to bring a candidate to contest, even a layman knows that they can't go anywhere.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Afam4eva(m): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2010
paddy_lo:

Afam. . which one is igbo interest. . never knew u were an ethnic jingoist

If u want to protect/project Igbo interest then vote for the PDP which is a national party that has all Nigerians in its fold

A sectional party like APGA,will not do anything for u. . . . cool

Who told you that PDP is a national party. When last did you hear an Igbo name being mentioned as it relates to the presidential or vice-presidential seat. Keep living in a fool's paradise. I'll rather vote for a party that has a little bit of my interest than a party that does not have my interest at all.

If i may ask. What party are you supporting and why?
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by becomrich3: 2:39am On Aug 14, 2010
Elaineh , you make me laugh, I said my friend mother own the school Sultan Dasuki children went to. you still call me name. Do you know the new sultan Muhammed Sa'adu Abubakar  is a cousin to the children I am talking about. And Maccido and Dasuki are cousin. they are all blood related.

And my friend that I am talking about, I have 3 people in my life who are not members of my family. but they are my family. That I trust and would never hurt me behind my back. And this person is one of them. And if I turn my back and you give this person a knife and say kill him. This person would not.  Even the person most likely  the new sultan Muhammed Sa'adu Abubakar also may know the person, I am talking about. They all grewup around the same area.   Sultan Dasuki treat this person like his daughter. And every nigeria festival former sultan Dasuki send a bag of rice to this person mother.

I just do not want to name that person online. Do you know the sultan can make you a billionaire in just one day in Nigeria, by just written a note. Elaineh , so do still laugh.

You can wake up in nigeria and tomorrow you become a billionaire. While yesterday, you had no food to eat.  Have you seen where they give 1 man 40  brand new cars in one day??

In some nigeria wedding people receive up to 30 to 50 brand new cars from people. all paid for. not IOU or least or financed.  Elaineh Yorubas would say eni yan ni aso mi.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Elaineh: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2010
Becomrich, WTF are you on about? All I did was state that you are slaughtering the Hausa language (which is a fact). Why are you responding with this convoluted essay that has nothing whatsoever to do with what I said? LMAO! Wetin consine me if your friend's mother owns the whole heavens and the earth? Chai, you need your medication STAT.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by tunfeek: 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2010
pesco4u:

hw about gen buhari and tunde idiagbon regime which is only honest govt in nigeria or chief m k o and kingibe that is only free and fair election in the country.what matters is the individuals that have welfare the common man at heart
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by aroju(m): 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2010
I pray Fashola will be interested in 2015 for presidency after 2nd term in Lagos. He is the best we have seen in action in this country!
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Beaf: 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2010
tunfeek:

hw about gen buhari and tunde idiagbon regime which is only honest govt in nigeria or chief m k o and kingibe that is only free and fair election in the country.what matters is the individuals that have welfare the common man at heart

Buhari and Idiagbon had an honest govt? shocked shocked shocked shocked
What about their government giving clearance to ship out 54 suitcases of raw dosh to be flown out of the country?

Hi,

I'll try my best.

It was way back in the day. Buhari was the Head of State, his sidekick was the military hardliner Tunde Idiagabon. The govt decided to change the currency, I can't really remember the reason why, maybe to revamp the economy. Ialso think they wanted to force the politicains they had deposed to come back with their stolen loot (I may be wrong about this, all of this happened circa 1984). Anyways, I definitely know that the Naira was trading at N1.50 to the £1, and 85cents to the dollar. (Yes, this was the exchge rate in those days!!!! If you can lay your hands on a copy of Punch, Daily Times or Punch newspapers from 1985, you can check these factsout for yourself).

As part of the currency conversion excercise nobody was allowed to take any money outside Nigeria's borders. Lo and behold it was reported that the Emir of Gwandu successfully smuggled out 53 suitcases of naira notes, presumably to change into foreign currency abroad before it becomes worthless.

The press and social critics raised a lot of dust about this, but nothing concrete was done about it. Nevetheless, the credibility of the Buhari regime suffered terribly as a result of this.

I think he took the suiotcases to the airport, but the customs officer on duty, a certain Alhaji Abubakar Atiku wanted it confiscated and reported to the military govt. However, the Emir came to the airport with some army officers, I think two Colonels who insisted that the Emir must fly out with his Naira laden luggage. In case you were wondering, yes, the customs boss in question is no other than Alhaji Atiku, the current VP.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-27368.0.html#msg722371

What about the staggering corruption Buhari presided over at various commanding positions in the petroleum industry and Niger Delta? Abeg, the man is a criminal jare!
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by becomrich3: 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2010
aroju, why would fashola wait till 2015 to run. when he can run now. You hit the rod , when it is hot. He stand a better chance now. Than latter. If he run in 2015, he cant win. He run when his chance is bright.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by samoks(m): 9:33am On Aug 15, 2010
Abeg make una leave Fashola alone. Even if he is corrupt or hikes contract prices, at least we are seeing it with our KORO KORO EYES in Lagos. Which other state is doing tangible work that every citizen can see.
Tinubu just want Fashola out of the way so that he can Milk Lagos dry.

All of you going against Fashola, i don't think you are Lagosians. Maybe you are JJC and you were not here when the Man came into power. I have been in Lagos for 15 yrs, and i bet you, Fashola is the best thing after Jakande.

Leave him alone, no bi by force to become VP. Why can't Tinubu contest for Presidency or Vice? He knows he will never win, not even in Lagos.

Good riddance to bad RUBBISH
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by aroju(m): 9:58am On Aug 15, 2010
, let Fashola finish the good work in Lagos b4 going to presidency. If he goes now, these useless politicians will spoil his uncompleted projects. May God be with the good guy!
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by marcus1234: 9:59am On Aug 15, 2010
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Sharonf(f): 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2010
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by HamidO1(m): 3:18pm On Aug 20, 2010
Only God knows where some of this news emanate 4rom, Fashola n Ribadu r great men but that does not mean they are compactible. I don't think any of them is ready for dat post rit now cos i want Fashola to keep up his good works in lag 4 4 more years and hopin ribadu will come back home some day to reform the Nigeria police
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by Beaf: 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2010
Sharon_f:

I DEY SUSPECT THIS GUY O. WETIN YOU DEY PLAN?

E no de plan anytin. He's just a damn "hidiot." grin
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by CGKing(m): 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2010
Smart Governor, Its obvious they are trying to dumb him at the last minute. This ploy can only catch the greedy. Not our Fash.

And who says the unfinished works is a dumb excuse. How do u guys think. That is one of the many problems of this country. Unfinished works that would most likely be abondoned by the next administration. Abeg Fash, a wa leyin re.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by doctorbabs(m): 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2010
Fashola should not agreed to such offer is one of the gimmick to scheme him out, how can we have Muslim Muslim its not possible forget about what happened in 1993 june 12 when we have Abiola and Kingbe. Nigerians are very sensible about religion issues now. this also Goes to Asiwaju, Please Baba Watching,it! dont destroy what u have built with ur hand. PDP are no longer popular in Nigeria is a party with visionless. dont give them the chance. ALL POWER BELONGS TO ALMIGHTY ALLAH, He give it to whoever He wishes
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by sjeezy8: 6:39pm On Aug 22, 2010
doctorbabs:

Fashola should not agreed to such offer is one of the gimmick to scheme him out, how can we have Muslim Muslim its not possible forget about what happened in 1993 june 12 when we have Abiola and Kingbe. Nigerians are very sensible about religion issues now. this also Goes to Asiwaju, Please Baba Watching,it! dont destroy what u have built with your hand. PDP are no longer popular in Nigeria is a party with visionless. dont give them the chance. ALL POWER BELONGS TO ALMIGHTY ALLAH, He give it to whoever He wishes

lol you think so? I guarantee half of the country "North"- will vote for muslim muslim over muslim-christian.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by omolewah: 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2010
i really dont know why Nigerians are so daft and illminded because Fashola said unfinshed business you thinkit know time to blackmail him hen. when u came to lagos or was born in lagos as you were grow was there anything lyk BRT, beautifiction of your area better health health care facilities free books for student in schools am not callingHim a saint but dont bite the fingers that fed u.
Re: Fashola - I Can't Be Ribadu's Running Mate - Ac Ticket by oladiboy: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2010
Na God go save us from all these our politicians right from the top ranking i.e G.Jonathan, they've turned the positions to something else because they dont have good ambition for nigerians and the country at large. nigeria politics is now a business for those who know their ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Awolowo Have Friends From Outside The SW (read old W region)? / Ekiti Considers Public Holiday For Fajuyi / Igbos Support Osinbajo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.