Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:21 PM

Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! (4000 Views)

ICS Talent Bank: Biggest Job Fair In West Africa / Graduate Recruitment At Sabmiller Breweries Ltd / Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by Helpmate(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2007
Dear Nairaland users,
Have u been invited for People Prime Assestment Fair in July 26-27? then the info below may help.
GOOD LUCK

Make The Most Out of Your Career Fair Experience.
Career Fair success lies in effective preparation, and communication. Make sure to  research the employers you want to visit: learn about them, the positions they're looking to fill, and what type of candidates they're looking for.

Tip:  Arrive with a positive attitude
Have your 30 second commercial ready

Tip:  Bring at least 20 copies of your resume.

Fact: Employers only look at resumes an average of 10 seconds. Make sure you’re leaving employers with the impression - Hire Me!

Tip:  Do your research!
The more you know about a company, the more you can converse with the company representative and the more memorable you will be.

Tip:  Get the interviewer's business card.

If you are called for an interview, you will want to follow up with a letter that reinforces the points you made and the facts you learned.

Tip:  Maximize, Maximize, Maximize!
The lines might be daunting but don't fail to maximize this opportunity. Talk to every company that fits your experience and ambitions. If you meet with 20 recruiters, at the end of the day you will know 20 people by name. That sure beats sending a blind resume to "Personnel Director."

Tip:  Plan a few key questions!
Be ready to ask intelligent questions like asking how your skills might be utilized within the framework of the company and by asking questions about relevant news within that organization. Make sure to ask the recruiter what he or she likes best about the corporate culture to better assess if that company is right for you.

Tip:  Wear Proper Business Attire
First impressions count!

Follow-up.
Don't take the order of this key to mean it to be the least important; in fact, some would say it is one of the most important. You would be surprised at how few job-seekers actually take the time to follow-up their career fair interviews, thus when you do it, you will get an edge over the many others who do not. There are two main methods of follow-up. Some experts suggest actually calling the recruiter the evening of the fair and leaving a voicemail message thanking the recruiter again for his/her time that day. A more concrete and traditional method is to write a thank you note and mail it the next day to the address on the recruiter's business card. In the letter, thank the recruiter for his/her time, restate your interest and qualifications for the position, reiterate your interest in a second interview, and make a promise to follow-up the letter with a phone call (and then make sure you do in fact call). You probably should enclose another copy of your resume to be sure.

CULLED FROM
http://naijainterviews.com/
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by Helpmate(m): 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2007
8 Eyesan Street, Off Ojabugbe Road
Warri. Delta state

Mr. Gary Barnett
People prime
Rivers State

Dear Mr. Barnett,

Thank you for taking the time to meet with me at the Career Fair today. I certainly appreciate your time and attention in the midst of so many seeking jobs.

You were extremely thorough in explaining Aerial's customer service and marketing trainee program. Now that I have a better idea of what the position entails, I am even more sure that I would be an asset to your team and to Aerial.

My solid education from The University of benin's Marketing Department and the fact that I have worked my way through college show a work ethic and determination, two qualities you said were important to success at Aerial.

I look forward to an opportunity to visit Aerial's Tampa office and speak to you further about the trainee program. I will contact you next week to arrange an appointment.

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Igwe Osita

see http://naijainterviews..com/ for more articles
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by solo2859: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2007
Hello Helpmate,

Thanks a million for your post on People Prime Recuitment fair. Indeed, it is an eye-opener to what one should expect.
Please, can u mention some of the likely companies to be present at the fair? This will help one to research these companies before the d-day. And the procedure to be used in meeting them?
i look forward to hearing from you soon.
Once again, thank you.
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by caringchi(f): 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2007
thanks alot for that info
i m invited for the abuja fair, pls can u list out likely organizations that will be at the fair
once again, thank you
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by ObaMan(m): 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2007
Please Nairalanders, remember the 2nd stage is assessment before the fair.
Helpmate---what are we to look forward to at the assessment
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by TonyA2: 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2007
the fair is july grin
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by omobabson(m): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2007
Please kindly tell us the various organisations that are likely to come to the peopleprime interview,
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by tglaz(m): 4:28pm On Apr 19, 2007
God bless nairalanders!!!
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by anifel20(m): 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2007
I got their invitation but was afraid that it's a scam. inform me guys.
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by mimi83: 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2007
hi guys,
i got a mail from them also n i'm contemplating whether to attend or not
i rili dnt like the idea of them starting at 3pm, why 3pm? n then we'll stay till God knows when
can so meone help me out
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by ObaMan(m): 9:13am On Apr 20, 2007
People Prime recruitment assessment is a step to the fair.
If u think it is a scam, then u can forget going to the fair.
I think because we are not used to recruitment fairs, we think everything is scam.
If they ask for a small token, why not pay and see what comes out.
Nothing comes for free.
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by Helpmate(m): 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2007
Dear nairalanders, according to their site, some of their clients are:

Oando Plc
MTN Nigeria
BG Nigeria
Coca Cola Nigeria
Guinness Plc
Chevron Oil
BAT

so for those people asking the names of companies that might be at the fair, this is a clue
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by oremoren(m): 5:22pm On Apr 22, 2007
nairaland is the bomb. U guys should keep it up
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by crito(m): 3:13am On Apr 23, 2007
nice one people. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by igweosita: 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2007
May God bless Seun for this great work of Nairaland. [i]Wetin person for do wiithout Nairaland.[/i]Guys, keep it up
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by ceceters: 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2007
Now that we been invited 4 d fair. What is the probability that there won`t be any need for follow up after the fair, i mean; will the companies confirm to those they will be taking there and then after the fair? or will there be " we will reach u later"?
Any one with response to this?
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by ceceters: 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2007
Now that we been invited 4 d fair. What is the probability that there won`t be any need for follow up after the fair, i mean; will the companies confirm to those they will be taking there and then after the fair? or will there be " we will reach u later"?
Any one with response to this?
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by obanikoro2(m): 7:58am On Jul 03, 2007
Pls has anyone been invited from those that wrote in Lagos? I wrote in the Balmoral and still havent gotten my invitation, called them to confirm if I will be shortlisted and they specifically stated that no one has been invited from the Lagos zone. Is this true?
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by Adanla(m): 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2007
Thank you Obanikoro. I also attended the interview and exam at Balmoral in Lagos but do not hear any info about the next stage till this moment. I made effort to call some of my friend whom we met at the venue of the interview but also claim that no any info on it. Any one with info on Lagos centre should please help out.
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by MYLS: 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2007
hey guys, there is need for those dat havent seenn theirs to thoroughly check thier inbox and bulk mails.text messages were also sent to some people.this is an opportunity of a life time,i advice we all make guud use of it. those of u dat think its a scam,its a matter of choice. let God b d jugde. as 4 d companies to expect, my mail read dat they will send it TWO weeks b4 d fair. i wish all invited graduates all the best. we have to show them the stuff we are made of.luv y'all
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by scolary: 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2007
Pls Helpmate or anyone in d house

What is this 30S Commercial all about?
Could ppl with lots of experienc include such in their CV or is this fair meant for Graduates with Little or no experience.
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by dany25: 9:17am On Jul 04, 2007
pls i want to know those that think is a scam didn't u write the test that others wrote b4 u were invited cos those of us that wrote in lagos have not even received our invitation letters. i want to know are they also inviting people that didn't write the test and go thru the preliminary interview. Thanks.
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by obanikoro2(m): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2007
At this time we should try not to mix tins up.

There are some pple who are being invited for interviews but not for the Gfair.These category of pple are those that are registered with People prime and are called for test every now and then. They are totally different from the specific Gfair holding this month.That explains why some are wondering wat Gfair is all about.

Then there are those that were invited for the Gfair. They are those that wrote the test in May(Lagos, Abuja and PH) and passed. It should however be of note that none of those that wrote the test (for the Gfair) in Lagos has been called. I got this info authoritatively when I called their office to confirm. They however assured me that those from Lagos shortlisted will be contacted soon.

So Lagosians should relax. Love ya kiss
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by yuddie25(f): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2007
hi ,

i was invited for the fair cum 26th / 27th july in lagos. please who knows the likely company / companies that might come.

thanks
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by therese84: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2007
Hi,

We acknowledge receipt of your Curriculum Vitae and would like to meet
with
you.

However, we wish to let you know that before you can register with our
Agency
you are required to take an ability test.

The test will be run on Tuesday, March 20, 2007. Please bring with you
all
original certificates (including your NYSC certificate), proof of age
as well
as one (1) passport photograph and a copy of your updated CV. A
N500.00
administrative fee will also be collected. Please come along with your
calculator.

You are expected to call EJIROGHENE to confirm attendance on 0802 797
9742 on or
before Monday, March 19, 2007 after which we will assume that you are
not
interested in writing the test and we will archive your CV.

Please allow for at least 2 hours for our screening process which
includes the
ability test.

Our office is located at 56b Isaac John Street, GRA-Ikeja, Lagos.

We look forward to meeting you.

Thank you.

PeopleTemp

above is a message that was sent to me by pplsprime.
only once have i paid to a recruitment agency and i have never stopped regretting. not the money, but the fact that i was stupid enuff to fall for that crap.
personally i dont think it is right for any recruiting firm to collect money from job seekers coz they have already being paid by the companies hiring them.
i wld also like to inform naira landers that pplsprime conduct such monthly test asking for 500 to be paid to a certain (always a diff name). but after the test, they dont even have the wisdom to carry the scam further to interview stage it just dies there. nobody gets to hear frm them again.
there is no difference btw pplsprime and the likes of esther breakthrough, primes avic. pss and other small time illiterate recruiting firm.
well guys if you wanna, loose your 1500, your credit, your transport fare and above all your time, u can start by registering with them now for the 'graduate recruitment fair'.

3000 JOBS? please guys there aint no such openings available now in Nigeria.

MTN? please those guys are bleeders what they go for theese days is contract staff.

please we r already being fooled by politicians coz our hands are tied but please let us refuse to be fooled by all theese so called recruiting firms coz with this, our HANDS AINT TIED.
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by lovelynk(f): 5:17pm On Jul 09, 2007
Hello house,somebody should please clarify us for certain on this gfair .some people are saying its real while at the same time others are expressing their doubts.Pls somebody should give us a true and clear picture of the whole thing cos i don't want to waste my time,energy and resource.I live in aba and will not want to go thru the stress of going to lagos for nothing.Plssssssssssss.
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by obanikoro2(m): 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2007
e yaaa! undecided
Re: Peopleprime Graduate Recruitment Fair :What To Expect!!! by jameh: 8:56pm On Jul 09, 2007
helpmate,
Thanks for the information.For those that are doubting, please continue while for the real people let us be there for real.

(1) (Reply)

Hysys And Hysys Upstream(steady State And Dynamics State), Autocad And Training / Massive Recruitment At Le Meridien Hotel And Golf Resort, Uyo, Akwa Ibom / Say This Prayer Before Going For A Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.