Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,951 members, 7,969,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:32 PM

Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? (666 Views)

Pdp Thrashing Acn In Lagos, Its All Over For Ribadu And Buhari / Breaking News:ribadu And Shekarau Pull Out Of Presidential Race, Approves Buhari! / South West: Between Ribadu And Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by kokooro(m): 11:00am On Aug 12, 2010
I often wonder between the charismatic, no nonsense, Northerner in the person of Ribadu and the quiet, lucky Southerner named Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, who would I vote for in 2011. Well assuming they both contest against each other.
For some time now, I have been undecided about this. I guess Nairalanders can help me in deciding. I must say that assuming you must be fair, who would you chose come 2011 between the two.
Re: Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 12, 2010
The 2 are good man ,it will be really difficult to choice one.
Re: Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by kokooro(m): 11:14am On Aug 12, 2010
Thanks, but some will disagree with you there. Well if you must chose,
Re: Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 12, 2010
The political elite will not support ribadu because he his too rigid,you need to be flexible and allowing some corruption to pass in Nigeria,or else they will work against you.Even the Northern elites will not allow him,remember that you vote does not count,the elites are the ones that dertermines who will protect them and their loot.I think johanatan will be okay you vote will not be a waste.
Re: Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by kokooro(m): 11:31am On Aug 12, 2010
Jonathan isn't bad but neither is Ribadu.
If the one man, one vote thing will become a reality, and Nigeria is to move beyond sectionalism, nepotism, corruption and backwardness, who will be generally acceptable.
It reminds me of MKO.
Re: Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by blinx4real(m): 11:37am On Aug 12, 2010
olas2u:

The political elite will not support ribadu because he his too rigid,you need to be flexible and allowing some corruption to pass in Nigeria,or else they will work against you.Even the Northern elites will not allow him,remember that you vote does not count,the elites are the ones that dertermines who will protect them and their loot.I think johanatan will be okay you vote will not be a waste.
Why are u so concerned about what the political elites support or not? Are they more nigerian than you?
The question asks what you will vote for and not which candidate is more politically acceptable?
In my own opinion, Ribadu is a better candidate simply because he has ideals (how good or bad the ideals is another discussion), and he at least stands up for something.
Bros Lucky on the other hand is well known for capitulating, saying things and doing something else - an unstable man, wavering in all his ways. He stands for nothing so you also wont be able to hold him if he does nothing at the end of the day. He is spineless, liverless and cowardly. Easily bending at the least pressure, would you put your future and that of your kids in the hands of such a man?
Re: Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by seunmsg(m): 11:42am On Aug 12, 2010
I will definitely go for Ribadu because he is young, tough, intelligent and honest. He is a clear departure from an average Nigerian politician that is slow, unintelligent, weak and corrupt. Jonathan may be good but then i see him as just any other Nigerian politician.
Re: Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by HighChief4(m): 11:55am On Aug 12, 2010
blinx4real:

Why are u so concerned about what the political elites support or not? Are they more nigerian than you?
The question asks what you will vote for and not which candidate is more politically acceptable?
In my own opinion, Ribadu is a better candidate simply because he has ideals (how good or bad the ideals is another discussion), and he at least stands up for something.
Bros Lucky on the other hand is well known for capitulating, saying things and doing something else - an unstable man, wavering in all his ways. He stands for nothing so you also wont be able to hold him if he does nothing at the end of the day. He is spineless, liverless and cowardly. Easily bending at the least pressure, would you put your future and that of your kids in the hands of such a man?

Spot on

@Post
Pls dont flatter Jonathan by comparing him to Ribadu, GEJ is very corrupt and his wife still has a case of money lauderin hangin on her neck. This man Jonathan does not have vision and looks very confused, he has served under so many corrupt govt. from state to federal level so he cant be any different. What we need in our next president you can find in Ribadu
Re: Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by Pukkah: 11:59am On Aug 12, 2010
Ribadu
Re: Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by kokooro(m): 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2010
I think Nigerians are speaking. I still feel it will be a contest to watch out for going by the response so far.
For me my mind is still not decided.
Nairalanders should let us know why they will favor any above their opponent. That's the beauty of true democracy,
I still beleive any of the two can make a good Nigeria if they set their mind at it,
Re: Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by iswell1(m): 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2010
i will vote for Jonathan
Re: Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by kokooro(m): 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2010
Zoning or not, If the two were to vie for the presidency I will vote for,
Re: Between Ribadu And Gej, Who Would You Vote For? by KAYD007(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2010
they re pooH, aint gonna vote either of them! angry

(1) (Reply)

The Devil's Alternative / Good Luck Jonathan / Jonathan Replaces Police Boss And Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.