Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,624 members, 7,924,091 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 10:26 PM

Diesel Or Petrol Engine.....which Is Better? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Diesel Or Petrol Engine.....which Is Better? (841 Views)

Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? / Diesel Engine And Petrol Engine Which Do You Prefer / Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diesel Or Petrol Engine.....which Is Better? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 7:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
This one is for Gazzuzz

It used to be in those days that diesel engines were dirty, noisy, sluggish and gas gluttons. I actually hated them back then.

But these days, with the advancement of technology, diesel appears to be outgunning petrol engines in all quarters.

Normally, my choice of cars are usually different from the crowd.

While most people like to get cars based on practicality.....I like to go further. I like to drive cars that get me excited. Cars that add some character to the whole driving business. I dont care about the small extra mileage on gas you can save.

I like to feel the power surge, and the cars grunt.

Enough with my rambling.......Ive been seeing performance stats of some diesel vehicles and I must say, they pack quite a punch. They appear to outdo their petrol engine variants. And I must say not by very little....the gap is quite significant

Would you say, a Nigerian is better off in the long run with a diesel engine.....barring cost of gas, and technical expertise?
Re: Diesel Or Petrol Engine.....which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
I'm seriously interested in this Topic. There are not too many mechanics for regular cars with diesel engines. Hence many are discouraged from buying them. for example diesel powered engine C class cars.

*Spreads mat * waiting for Autojosh to come do justice to this topic.
Re: Diesel Or Petrol Engine.....which Is Better? by mammanbawa: 9:26pm On Jan 14, 2019
For race driving and power
Go for petrol
Burns faster
Less heavy
For insane torque and wonderful economy
Go for diesel
Burns slower
Engines are mostly stronger but noisier
Re: Diesel Or Petrol Engine.....which Is Better? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 1:06am On Jan 17, 2019
mammanbawa:
For race driving and power
Go for petrol
Burns faster
Less heavy
For insane torque and wonderful economy
Go for diesel
Burns slower
Engines are mostly stronger but noisier

If you agree that Torque in a diesel engine is insane.......you should understand that they will reach higher speeds faster than a petrol engine and maintain it far better.

Well you may have a point in varying densities........but with the torque generated that should be almost insignificant.......except the car is considerable heavier.......which when you think of it may not even be a negative to begin with.

Besides, who cares about noise reduction when you have so much power to unleash.

How dem go take know say the power dey there.

I actually do not like the fact that modern engines are tuned out.

(1) (Reply)

Quick Tips That Save Gas... / 2005 Toyota Camry Gear Malfunctioning / Why Won’t My Car Start?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.