Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,587 members, 7,921,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 08:23 PM

Standards: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Standards: (628 Views)

Men And Their Double Standards. / How Ladies Loose Great Guys To Their Unrealistic Expectations And Standards / Why Do Guys Settle For Girls Below Their Standards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Standards: by dealordea(m): 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2010
Hey guys I want to get your opinions on standards. What I mean by that is that Ive met some people that feel that if a person is fat or ugly then the person should only expect to date or Bleep people that look the same way. I think its a shitty outlook myself but it seems to be a wide spread vibe. I just want to get some other views from people.thanx.
Re: Standards: by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2010
Im totally with you on this one, if a guy looks like truck, he shouldnt expect to date Miss World and should look for a lady that looks like a truck unless his money is long. And vice versa for women as well.
Re: Standards: by omega25red(m): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Im totally with you on this one, if a guy looks like truck, he shouldnt expect to date Miss World and should look for a lady that looks like a truck unless his money is long. And vice versa for women as well.
shocked at this answer^^^
so your perception of ugly people need not date who you percieve as being beuatiful unless they have money that is so shallow this is the reason why the worlds divorce rate is ridiculos because people are more superficial and materialistic than actually looking for the quality in people. Physical attraction is important but damn you will over look that for some money thats serious
Re: Standards: by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2010
omega25red:

shocked at this answer^^^
so your perception of ugly people need not date who you percieve as being beuatiful unless they have money that is so shallow this is the reason why the worlds divorce rate is ridiculos because people are more superficial and materialistic than actually looking for the quality in people. Physical attraction is important but damn you will over look that for some money thats serious

Good gosh you have to read between the lines, that obviously was a sarcastic comment. Although we do have so many guys with faces only Jesus can tolerate punching above their weight to get with beautiful girls and insulting Ugly girls.
Re: Standards: by omega25red(m): 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Good gosh you have to read between the lines, that obviously was a sarcastic comment. Although we do have so many guys with faces only Jesus can tolerate punching above their weight to get with beautiful girls and insulting Ugly girls.
i guess my bad but sarcasim doesn't always translate well over the net
Re: Standards: by Spyker: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2010
What happened to the saying that "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".
Re: Standards: by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2010
omega25red:

i guess my bad but sarcasim doesn't always translate well over the net
I agree I must remind myself not to do it anymore grin grin
Re: Standards: by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 12, 2010
@poster
it all depends on who you're asking. . . . .  a fat/ugly person has all the rights to go after who they bloody wish JUST AS MUCH AS a fit good looking one would decide never to date a chubby fugly woman.

everyone has their own priorities/requirements in a mate, some will put more emphasis on good education, good looks, good physic, good manners or good finances. if the said person has got what you need/desire in a mate then its all down to:" to each their own"

what would be wrong is for you to go for a mate that AINT got any of your priorities/requirements simply because of peer pressure/body clock/money or whatever.
Re: Standards: by honeric01(m): 9:04pm On Aug 12, 2010
Why should i date a dangote truck when i don't look like one?

If you are okay with your size, then you should be okay dating your size too grin grin grin
Re: Standards: by double08(m): 9:11pm On Aug 12, 2010
Obj look like a pig but his wife was kinda fine (may her soul rest in peace)
Re: Standards: by Rocktation(f): 2:05am On Aug 13, 2010
What're we talking about here? Standards are long dead, man. Ugly guys get cute chicks all the time and you know it. Blame it on we ladies, cute or not quite, that generally perceive things way beyond our door posts. Like good character and blah blah. This is not so evident in many cute guys and so we fall prey most of the time, to the other half.
Re: Standards: by MissyB1(m): 10:39am On Aug 13, 2010
Yez, I agree wella. grin grin
Date/approach Your kind.  grin grin
It's on NL You see Fat toads, smeagol-looking dudes criticizing people 10 times
better-looking than themselves.
Thank God for the 'net sha. cheesy cheesy
Re: Standards: by SAGoddess: 10:51am On Aug 13, 2010
If I don't see past the physique when looking at the man and I don't like what I see, it simply won't work. . .

(1) (Reply)

Need Ur Advice Pls / Pregnancy And Priviledges / Do You Supprort Pregancy Before Marrige?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.