Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,271 members, 7,928,902 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 03:11 AM

Love Beyond Cause - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Beyond Cause (946 Views)

Spirits That Cause Delay For Ladies In Marriage…….. (8) / Love Beyond Measures / Cause Trouble By Igwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Beyond Cause by igwe699(m): 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2019
EPISODE 1

Ikemefuna sat on the couch in his living room, arms folded on his chest, eyes clouded with anger, lips stretched thin, and watched the hand of the clock move towards 9pm for the umpteenth time. He was fuming with anger but anyone looking at him would just see a handsome, well-built man, watching TV, with an impatient stretch to his lips. On closer inspection though, the anger in his eyes could not be missed.

He stared at the game showing on the TV. His favorite English club, Arsenal were playing against their arch nemesis, Chelsea and it seems Chelsea is going to get the glory once more. He watched the screen, at the same time listening for when the door will open to admit Ugochi, his girlfriend, whom he had been waiting for impatiently for the past two hours.

Why is this woman late? What does she take me for? How can she leave me here and go about frolicking with every Dick and Harry in the city? She’ll have a lot of explaining to do when she gets back here. These were the thoughts flowing through his mind as he sat, alternately watching the clock and the screen, grinding his teeth in an obvious sign of frustration.

Meanwhile, Ugochi was having a great time with her girlfriends at the birthday party of one of the gang. She laughed at something Dawn, the birthday girl said and gave Ijeoma a wink. The three girls have been rolling together since they were at the University, they were popularly known as the three musketeers back then. Now, all of them are settled into their respective careers but they still find time to get together once in a while.

It was Dawn’s birthday and they had opted for a quiet dinner together at the birthday girl’s favorite restaurant instead of the usual all-out party she throws every year. It had taken a lot of convincing on the part of Ugochi and Ijeoma before Dawn agreed to have a small party with just the girls. She was enjoying herself although she would never admit it to her friends. Turning twenty-five should be a lot of fun.

The women have a lot in common. Apart from been the same ages, they also graduated from the same department in the University. They all studied Microbiology, and each of them had their view of the course and how they want to use it to make the world a better place. Ugochi had opted for Food Microbiology and presently works with Fan Ice in Ibadan. Ijeoma, fondly called Ijay by her friends, had bent towards health presently working as a laboratory scientist at the University College Hospital, Ibadan. Dawn had decided on pursuing the beauty angle and currently owns a beauty spa in New Bodija, Ibadan.

Ugochi is the only one in a serious relationship of the three of them. She had been with Ikem for the past three years. Dawn prefers to play the field, she had like a dozen guys at her disposal, which is not surprising as she’s the most beautiful of them. Ijeoma, on the other hand, is on a break in between relationships; her last run hadn’t been so enjoyable.

“Guys, remember that time we all failed Professor Odi’s class? He insisted we wait after everyone had gone home for the holidays, study for a week and rewrite the test. I couldn’t believe it when he said it.” Ijay reminisced

“Yeah, yeah. It was the worst week of my life.” Dawn muttered

“You were just pissed because all your boyfriends were not available.” Ijay teased

“Yeah, well what’s a girl to do when all her useful guys were not available.” She grumbled

“At least you still had Dave. The guy was so in love with you, he didn’t mind staying back for a whole week even when you didn’t acknowledge his existence.” Ugochi chipped in.

Dawn covered her face with her hands. “Oh please don’t remind me of that guy.”

Ijay laughed. “But Dawn, you were so hard on the guy.”

“I just couldn’t see myself with him. He was so needy, you know. I could never be with a guy like that.”

“Yeah. We all know you like them tough.” Ugochi teased.

She laughed. “You got that right, baby.”

Ugochi checked her wristwatch, noted the time. “Girls, I’m sorry to break this up but I really must get going.”

“Hmmm, we understand girl. That hunk of yours must be waiting for you.” Dawn winked. “Lucky girl.” She sighed wistfully

“How is Ikem?” Ijay asked

Ugochi beamed. “He’s fine o.”

“Hmm, that your man is a real eye candy. I wish he were mine.” Dawn winked again

“Keep your thoughts away from my man abeg.” Ugochi laughed. “Don’t you have your hands full already?”

“You can never have enough now.”

Ugochi was about to answer when her phone beeped signaling an incoming call. She checked the caller ID and saw it was a video call from Ikem.

“Speak of the devil.” Ugochi gestured. “I need to take this.” She stepped out of the restaurant to give herself some....................

Continue Reading
Re: Love Beyond Cause by igwe699(m): 5:07pm On Jan 15, 2019
EPISODE 2
Ugochi drove into her compound at exactly 10:30pm. She parked the car at the slot in front of her apartment, got out and locked the car.

She tried her door, found it locked and unlocked it with her keys. Ikem is probably asleep, she thought. He would have locked the door when he was going to bed; she didn’t think it was likely though. He rarely slept before she got home.

She went in, and saw him seated in front of the TV. He didn’t turn around, or acknowledge her entrance in any way. Ugochi skirted the small dining table with just two chairs, and narrowly avoided stumbling over a pair of shoes as she walked up to him.

“Hi dearie. You’ve been waiting for long?” she asked as she sat beside him. She saw he was playing with the DSTV remote in his hands.

He dropped the remote as he turned to her, and she was momentarily taken aback by the cold look in his eyes. “Where the heck have you been?” he demanded coldly.

She drew back, alarmed by the anger she felt emanating from him. “I told you I was going to have dinner with the girls now. Today is Dawn’s birthday.”

“I told you I was going to have dinner with the girls now.” He mimicked. “You were having dinner with the girls till this time? And you expect me to believe that?”

‘Why not? It is the truth.”

He stood up suddenly and leaned above her. “Don’t give me that bullshit. Who were you with tonight? You think I’m a fool? You think I don’t see what is going on here?”

Ugochi stood up too, alarmed. “What is wrong with you, Ikem? Please don’t start your crap with me tonight.” She made as if to move away.

“Crap? Did you say crap? Are you talking to me like that?” he grabbed her arm, swung her back, and before she could adjust her stance, gave her a resounding slap. The force of the slap knocked her back on her seat.

She sat there staring at him with a palm pressed to her stinging cheeks, too stunned to do anything other than stare, tears streaming down her face. He stood over her, still vibrating with anger.

“Ikem, did you just slap me?” Ugochi asked incredulously

“Yes, I did. And if you provoke me further, I’ll serve you the second round.”

She stood up, her palm still pressed to her cheek, staring at him, dumbfounded. “What has come over you? Where is all this coming from, Ikem?”

“Don’t ask me stupid questions. I am the one with the questions here. Which guy did you go out with this evening?”

“I don’t have to stand here and take this from you. Excuse me.” she sniffled as she walked past him.

He wanted to grab her again, but he refrained from doing so, and watched her go while a myriad of feelings passed over his face. The final one that settled in was guilt. He didn’t know what just came over him. He usually does not react with such anger, but this time around, he just couldn’t stop himself from hitting her.

The anger had started to build in him when his friend, Donald, called him this evening to tell him he spotted Ugochi in a small café with a man. Donald said they had looked very cozy together, and he just wanted to inform her as the good friend he was. Ikem didn’t believe that for a moment, he knew why Donald called, it was to rub it in his face, to throw his absolute faith in Ugochi back in his face. He had constantly bragged about how faithful Ugochi was, now for her to throw this in his face? It was intolerable.

Continue Reading Here-Click here
Re: Love Beyond Cause by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 16, 2019
Ikem take it easy oo
Re: Love Beyond Cause by igwe699(m): 10:41am On Jan 16, 2019
EPISODE 3

But it had happened. It is a fact and the action can never be reversed. She will forever have it in mind that Ikem hit her, she could never forget it in a million years; and the love between them is forever tainted as a result of tonight’s happenings.

She couldn’t fathom the reason behind his aberrant behavior tonight. He had never raised his hands to her before. Sometimes, when he was angry enough to hit her, he had walked away rather than go ahead with it. Recently though, he had been exhibiting some rather strange behavior, she had been baffled by the subtle change in him.

She fluffed her pillow as fresh tears fell down her face. Her heart was breaking into a million pieces. She couldn’t believe that Ikem, her prince in shining armor, her tall, dark, and handsome lover would raise his hands to her. It still is unbelievable.

She stiffened as she heard the turn of the doorknob. Ikem came in quietly and stood by the door for a few moments observing her. There was a look of chagrin on his face.

“Ugochi…” he whispered reverently.

Ugochi turned to face the wall. She did not want to hear any excuse or see that tortured look on his face. She needed him to suffer a little bit more.

“Ugochi,” he said again, this time a little more firm

Ugochi refused the answer. She wished he’ll just go away and leave her to grief the loss of her trust in peace. It’s not every day her boyfriend slaps her after all.

Ikem was not having that though. He shuffled closer to the bed, walked to the other side so he could see her face, and he sat on the bed beside her. Ugochi stiffened some more. Tension radiated from her body like sun rays.

“I’m so sorry baby,” Ikem began. “I don’t know what came over me. I promise it will never happen again.”

Ugochi stared at his face coldly. “You don’t know what came over you?” she asked angrily. “That is the lamest excuse in the book,” she spat.

“I know, I know,” he raised his palm up in surrender. “I know it sounds cliché but that is the truth.”

“It does not sound cliché, it is cliché.” She refused to look at him, she laid on her back, staring at the ceiling.

“I’m sorry Ugo. What else do you want me to say?””

“I want you to tell me why you think it was necessary to treat me that way tonight. And I don’t want to hear anything like ‘I don’t know what came over me’, because we both know that’s not true.”

Ikem refused to reply. He just kept staring at her. How could he tell her he reacted that way because of the information given to me by a man he does not even trust? He can never tell her what Donald told him. What if he was wrong? He needed to be absolutely sure first.

“But that was happened baby. Maybe I was angry because you stayed out so late, or maybe I was just feeling some residual stress. Either way, I’m sorry I hurt you.”

“I told you I would be out late, didn’t I? I distinctly remember telling you today was Dawn’s birthday, and that we were going for dinner at a plush restaurant on the island. Didn’t I?”

“Yeah, I think you did. Where were you this evening?”

“At work. Where else?”

“You didn’t go anywhere other than to work?”

“I went for Dawn’s birthday,” she threw up her hands in frustration. “Do I need to keep repeating myself?”

“Are you sure? No little lunch date with anyone?”

Ugochi narrowed her eyes at him speculatively. “No,” she replied. “Why the twenty questions?”

“I just want to be absolutely sure.”

Ugochi paused and looked at his face critically. She could see the confusion, and the faint anger, but there was something else lurking behind his eyes she couldn’t quite make out. There was something there that looks a lot like distrust.

“What is going on, Ikem?” she asked, baffled.

“Nothing. I’m sorry for hurting you, okay?” he caressed her abused cheeks. “Forgive me?” he stared into her eyes.

Ugochi wanted to ask more questions but she refrained. She decided to take the olive branch he was offering. Better keep the tentative peace.

“I forgive you darling. It was so out of character, it is easy to forgive. But please, control yourself better next time we have an argument.”

“I will. I love you.”

“Love you too.”

Few minutes later, they both lay in bed. They were not touching nor speaking with each other. Each was occupied with his own thoughts.

Ikem’s thoughts were whirling around his mind. So, who is lying? He thought. She claimed to be at work all day and Donald claimed he saw her having a drink with another man. Who is lying? I better get to the bottom of this, and fast.

Ugochi stared at the ceiling as the thoughts chased each other in her head. What did he mean by all those questions? Did he know something? Could he have spotted me with Fredrick this evening? Is that the reason for his aggressive and strange behavior? I better get to the bottom of this, and fast.

The next day Ugochi was in the office when Ijay’s call came through. She debated telling her about the happenings of last night for just a moment before making her decision. The matter was weighing so much on her mind, she needed to confide in someone.

“Hey girl,” she said into the receiver. “How are you?”

“I’m fine o. I called you last night to.

Click here to Continue reading
Re: Love Beyond Cause by igwe699(m): 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2019
Episode 4 is. Out be the first to read it...

https://ugobestiky.com/2019/01/15/love-beyond-cause-4/
Re: Love Beyond Cause by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 16, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Love Beyond Cause by igwe699(m): 12:09pm On Jan 17, 2019
EPISODE 4

The next call Ugochi received was from Frederick.

“Hi.”

“Hello dear,” he answered. “I just received a very distressing call from Ijay some minutes ago. She said it seemed your man saw us together the other day.”

“Yes, I think he did. It’s not confirmed yet but he’s been acting very strange. I think that could be the reason for his behavior, although he hasn’t asked me directly.”

“Ugochi, don’t you think it’s time we come clean? I mean, we are not helping anybody by being secretive. I think it is better we call Ikem and tell him about this. At least now that he seems to be suspecting you.”

“Do you think he’s ready to hear this yet? Personally, I don’t think he’s ready for a revelation of this magnitude. After all, I know him better than you do.”

“I know we agreed to take our time and break it to him gently but I don’t think we can go through that same route now that he is suspecting you. I believe it is better we come clean and just get it over with.”

“I understand you. Can you give me time to sort this out my own way? At least allow me determine what he knows first. This might not even be about us, you know?”

“Okay then. Let’s know what he knows first. Then we can make our decisions based on that.”

“Good. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Yeah, later. Bye dear.”

By the time Ikem got home, he was boiling with anger. His stomach felt tight with tension and his chest felt like it was going to burst from holding in his temper. After that ridiculous lunch meeting with Donald, he had not been able to hold back the anger churning in him. The nerve of Ugochi. A woman he had loved for three years, and for her to treat him this way? It was disrespectful, it was disheartening, and above all, it pissed him off.

He slammed into the house only to find Ugochi seated calmly on the settee in the living room watching a movie. She was sprawled on the settee, a bowl of nuts beside her and a chilled glass of wine on the stool where her hand can easily pick it up.

Ikem stood behind her for a minute, breathing in and out, trying to calm himself and probably find a way to ice down the hot pool of anger in his belly. He was not succeeding though. The sight of her seated there, seemingly without a care in the world just annoyed him the more. He couldn’t fathom how she would throw away three years of a loving relationship just like that. And she didn’t even have the decency to tell him it was over? Instead, she was sneaking around, going behind his back and seeing different men. He decided to confront her once and for all.

Ugochi looked up when she saw Ikem, and smiled. “Oh hi baby. I didn’t hear you come in, I was so engrossed in this movie,” she sat up. “Have you been here long?”

“No, I just came in.” he wanted so much to slap that smug look off her face.

“Okay, welcome. How was work today?”

“I went to see Donald during the lunch hour.”

“Oh, okay. How is he? Hope there is no problem with him?”

“He told me something I found very hard to believe. How could you Ugochi?”

“How could I what? You’re not making any sense Ikem.” Ugochi said as her heart hammered furiously in her chest. Here it comes, she thought.

“Do you want to sit there and pretend you don’t know what I am talking about? You honestly want to play dumb with me?” his voice rose any octave as he talked. By the time he finished the sentence, he was shouting.

“Ikem, keep your voice down please, and explain to me what you are going on about.”

“I don’t owe you any explanation. You are the one who has a lot to explain so you better start...........................

Continue Reading Click here: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/01/15/love-beyond-cause-4/
Re: Love Beyond Cause by igwe699(m): 10:16pm On Jan 17, 2019
Episode 5 is out be the first to read

https://ugobestiky.com/2019/01/15/love-beyond-cause-5/
Re: Love Beyond Cause by igwe699(m): 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
LOVE BEYOND CAUSE 5

About two hours later, a knock sounded on the door. Ugochi jumped up from the couch where she was sprawled watching TV and went to the door. Dawn had left the apartment to get some groceries from the supermarket and to get some pain relieving drugs for Ugochi, so she was home alone. She opened the door to find Frederick on the other side. His jaw dropped as soon as he saw her battered face.

“What happened to you? Were you in an accident?” he asked, incredulous

Ugochi smiled. “Please come in.” she said and made room for him to get in.

Fredrick walked in but stayed by the door. Ugochi closed the door and saw him watching her curiously.

“What happened to you?” he asked once more

“Come sit down and I’ll tell you everything.” She interjected

He reluctantly followed her to the sofa and sat beside her.

“What can I offer you?” Ugochi asked

“Forget about that for now, will you? Tell me what happened to you? Were you in an accident?” he repeated.

Ugochi knew she couldn’t put it off any longer. “No, I wasn’t.” she said quietly. “It was Ikemefuna.”

Fredrick jumped off the sofa. “What?” he screeched

“Relax, Fredrick. That was why I said we needed to talk. Will you sit down, please? It hurts my neck to look up to you like that.”

“Sorry.” Fredrick quickly sat down. “You mean Ikem did this to you? How could he do that? What sort of man is he?”

“I don’t know why Fredrick. All I know is that he got home yesterday and all hell broke loose. He started calling me names. He didn’t explain anything to me, didn’t allow me defend myself before he lit into me and started punching me. It was all I could do to get away from me before he succeeded in killing me.”

Fredrick watched her pensively. “He didn’t give any explanation at all? Although, nothing could warrant such treatment of a woman.”

“No, he didn’t. I guess he saw us together, or he was told we’ve been hanging out together. In fact, I don’t know what to think. All I know is the only reason he could have acted so unforgivably is if he thought I was cheating on him. He actually called me a liar and a cheat, if I recollect correctly.”

“I still don’t think that’s an excuse for battery. Why do you think he saw us together?”

“He mentioned going to see his co-worker and that the guy told him something unbelievable. I asked him what the guy told me and he said I shouldn’t act dumb, that I knew exactly what he was talking about. That was when he started shouting and calling me names.”

“Amazing. Then he just started hitting you? Just like that?”

“I guess he was angry I acted dumb. That could be what triggered him. The funniest thing is he had never shown any violent tendencies. I’m as amazed as you are at this turnabout.”

“It just gets more curios by the second. I can’t believe he could treat a woman he professes to love like this.”

“Don’t rub it in, please. It hurts too much.”

“I’m sorry. Have you been to the hospital?”

“No and I’m not planning to go.”

“What? Why not?”

“They are just surface wounds Fredrick. They look a lot worse than they feel.”

“Women!” he rolled his eyes, sounding exasperated. “Anyway, I’m sorry my advent into your life made it possible for your guy to treat you this callously. I’m truly sorry.”

“Forget about it. You’re not responsible for his actions.”

“I really feel responsible though. What do you propose we do?”

“I think it’s high time we tell him our news. It won’t do for him to go on thinking the worst about me. Though, I would never go back to him even if he comes crawling, I owe it to him and to myself to come clean about our association.”

“Are you sure he is ready to hear all these?”

Ugochi looked him in the eye. “The question is are you sure you’re ready to tell him about you? Are you ready to be vulnerable with him? Are you ready to tell him you’re his twin?”

Fredrick looked at Ugochi curiously. “The truth is I don’t know.”

Three days later, Fredrick decided to meet his yet to be disclosed twin, Ikem on his own terms and not make use of the relationship between him and Ugochi. He didn’t want Ugochi to be more hurt by his own inability to take the bull by its horns. It was time to meet the guy and talk to him, straighten issues out and see if what he wants is actually possible. Although, after the way Ikem treated Ugochi, he was having second thoughts about wanting anything to do with him.

He had gotten Ikem’s phone number from Ugochi when they met three days earlier. He had not told Ugochi what his decision is, he just told her he would think about it and he left it at that. He isn’t planning on telling her anything until he has made contact with Ikem and gotten some things straightened out.

He stared at the number on his phone screen for several minutes before he decided to dial the number. Ikem picked up on the third ring.

“Hello, who is this?” Ikem asked on picking up.

Fredrick hesitated for a moment before replying. “Good afternoon. Am I speaking with Ikem, please?”

“Yes, and who is this?”

“This is Fredrick.”

“Yes?”

“I’ll like us to meet and discuss some issues.”

“Do I know you?” Ikem asked. He was clearly confused by the strange call.

No, you don’t Ikem.”

“So, I should just come running because you crooked your fingers? What is this about?”

“It’s about your girlfriend, Ugochi and about your future.”

“What about Ugochi?” Fredrick could detect traces of annoyance and incredulity in his voice.

“I’d rather we see face to face so we can discuss it. You can choose the time and place.”

“Okay, you’ve got me interested. Do you know ‘De Gome’ restaurant? It’s at Clip bus-stop near Samonda.”

“Yes, I do. What time do we meet?”

“I’ll be free by 8pm.”

FINISH UP EPISODE 5 HERE: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/01/15/love-beyond-cause-5/
Re: Love Beyond Cause by igwe699(m): 9:36am On Jan 20, 2019
EPISODE 6

They sat down and stared at each other for two full minutes. Ikem couldn’t talk, he was incapable of any action. He just sat there staring. Fredrick watched him as he stared, giving him time to absorb the bombshell he just dropped. After all, he had been aware of the situation of things for a while now. He also wanted to take his time too as he had been looking forward to this very moment for a long time.

Ikem finally found his voice. “What the hell did you mean by what you just said? I don’t have a twin. I’ve never had a twin.”

Fredrick nodded. “Calm down, will you? Let me start from the beginning.”

“I’m listening and I assure you heads will roll if this turns out to be an epic waste of my time.”

“I’m sure we can rule that out. After all, you can see for yourself.” Fredrick replied, indicating his face.

Flowers in Chania
Ikem finally relaxed a bit. He called for a waiter and ordered a bottle of beer. Fredrick was surprised but he hid it well. He ordered for a bottle of soft drink instead; he needed a clear head to do what he was about to do.

Their drinks arrived and Ikem took a sip of his before he signaled Fredrick to go ahead. He was acting cocky and very rude. Fredrick was not impressed.

“I got to know about this a few months ago.” Fredrick began. “I was as surprised as you are now to say the least. I couldn’t fathom the idea that I wasn’t born of my parents and they hid it so well. Let me start from the beginning.

“I got sick a few months ago. I was diagnosed with kidney disease and I needed a transplant urgently. Suffice to say none of my so-called relatives could help out. It was then the truth came out. When I got stronger, I demanded the full story from my parents and they told me an elaborate story I wouldn’t have believed if it was not coming directly from the source.

“My mum told me the story of how they had been childless for many years. They had tried all they could to no avail. After speaking with their family doctor, a plan was set in motion to steal the baby of another couple who frequented the clinic they used. They had promised the doctor a huge amount of money to get it done.

“Your mother had twins and they told her the other baby didn’t survive. She never knew what happened. I am the other baby.”

“This tells a lot like a Nollywood story. Why didn’t they just adopt?”

“I assure you, it’s not. Things like this happened all the time many years ago. You can’t be that naïve. And you know the adoption culture in Africa is very poor. Nobody wants to be seen as barren and people would rather know the source of their children. That is why such situation as ours was unfairly common.”

“My mother never told me I was a twin.”

“She probably was not willing to resurrect all the painful memories. You can ask her now if you are in doubt.”

Flowers in Chania
“Of course I’m in doubt. This is such a super story.”

“Then, can you explain the resemblance? You look like the exact replica of me.”

Ikem waved it away. “Things like that happen. We can look alike and not be related at all.”

“Not as much as this, I’m afraid. Look, why don’t you ask your mum? What could it hurt? And why will I be here if it wasn’t true? Believe me, I did my research very well. I searched for the doctor who committed the atrocity all those years ago and threatened to report him to the police if he does not tell me the identity of my real parents. He coughed it up very fast.”

Ikem ignored all those facts and just held on to a point. “Oh, I can think of a reason you would concoct this ostentatious story. How about to hide the fact that Ugochi had been cheating on me with you and you both needed a cover story to make me take her back.”

Fredrick looked at him, aghast. “Seriously? And why would she want you back? After the way you treated her, disrespected her?”

Ikem just grinned stupidly. His cavalier attitude infuriated Fredrick.

“You have such an inflated ego. You believe I would go to such lengths to get your woman? Come off it, man. Ugochi came into the equation because I needed an in. I didn’t want to come in your face all of a sudden and since she was your woman, I felt you’ll be more inclined to listen to her. She was never meant to be hurt in the process but of course you bungled it all with your insecurities.

CLiCK TO READ FULL EPISODE 6: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/01/16/love-beyond-cause-6/
Re: Love Beyond Cause by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 20, 2019
Well done Op
Re: Love Beyond Cause by igwe699(m): 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2019
EPISODE 7

Fredrick got in the compound and looked around. It was a duplex. The compound was very neat and beautiful with trees and flowers everywhere. There were two cars parked, a Peugeot and a Mercedes Benz. Those two cars speak money or at least comfort. The gateman who let him in was looking at him strangely.

“May I speak with your madam?” he asked

He looked at Fredrick, dump-struck. “Oga Ikem, no be you?” he asked, looked around, obviously confused. “But, you comot now. I see you comot. How you come go come back like that?” he was walking around Fredrick, looking at him from head to toe.

Fredrick kept his cool. “May I speak with your madam?”

“Oga, who you be? Make I just go call my madam.”

Flowers in Chania
“Please, sir. I really need to see her and I assure you she’ll want to see me too. Just say her son wants to see her.”

The gateman still stood back, apparently unsure what to do. “Please?”

He looked at Fredrick once more and walked towards the front door. He stopped, looked back for a few moments, shook his head and walked the rest of the way. He knocked.

The door opened and Fredrick could see the man gesticulating and pointing in his direction. He went on for a few moments and then the person he was talking to stepped into the light and Fredrick could see she was a woman. The gateman was still talking but she wasn’t listening anymore. She walked slowly towards Fredrick and he saw her face. This is definitely my mother, he thought.

She stopped after walking a few steps and just stared at him. Tears trickled down and she resumed walking until she got to him. No words were needed. It was very glaring who he was. She put her hand on his right cheek and stared into his eyes. Fredrick couldn’t hold back the tears.

“Mum?” he whispered

She nodded and pulled him in for a hug. They held each other tightly for a few moments. After a while, she withdrew, held his hand and led him into the house.

Few minutes later, they were seated comfortably in the living room. Fredrick’s dad had joined them and they all sat there staring at one another, totally lost for words. The twins looked like their mother; same eyes, same cheekbones and same mouth. It was unnerving for Fredrick sitting there looking at his parents after he had thought about it for many months. It was surreal.

Finally, his dad broke the silence. “How did you get to know about us?” he asked

Fredrick told them the same story he had told Ikem the other day. By the time he was finished, they were dumbfounded. His mother was crying while his father looked very furious.

Flowers in Chania
“Those snakes. That stupid doctor!” he fumed. “How can they do that? That is inhuman and terrible. I’m going to prosecute them to the full extent of my power.”

Fredrick hung his head. He knew now was not the right time to plead on behalf of his adoptive parents. They had been as good to him as parents could be but what they had done was unforgiveable. He couldn’t bring himself to punish them though.

“No, Leonard. Let’s not pour petrol on this burning fire. What’s done is done. Let us just thank God our son is back home.” His mum said.

“Nkechi, how can you say that? Look at him, he’s a grown man. We missed twenty eight years of his life. And you ask me to forget it? How can I?”

“I know, dear. But we have the next forty years or so to make up for that. What is fighting going to solve? Please, let’s just be thankful we have our son back.”

Fredrick’s dad looked at his wife. She looked at him imploringly. He finally shook his head and looked down. Fredrick could tell he was not satisfied with his wife’s decision but he was going to respect it nonetheless. Fredrick was relieved.

His mum turned to him and smiled. “Come, my son. What’s your best food? Let me prepare it for you. Dear, can you bring out a bottle of wine? We need to celebrate.” She stood up and came to sit beside Fredrick. “Tell me, what food do you like best?”

He smiled. “I’m fine with anything you make, mum.” It felt good to say that word.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I am.”

CONTINUE READING HERE:
Re: Love Beyond Cause by igwe699(m): 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2019
LOVE BEYOND CAUSE ( Final Episode)

Fredrick knew he needed to act fast after his discussion with Ikem.

It was obvious Ikem was thinking of going back to Ugochi, and he wasn’t so certain the kind of reception he is likely to receive. Although, Ugochi had been very emphatic about not getting back together with Ikem, one can never be sure as love is a very funny business.

He had called her immediately after the party and scheduled a lunch date with her. Her time is much more valuable now that she’s gone back to work. He didn’t want to waste time, he would have preferred a dinner date instead. Well, he has to work with what he has.

Ugochi was waiting for him by the time he got to the restaurant at Ring Road. They hugged and sat down.

“It’s good to see you, Fredrick.”

“Good to see you too. I have missed you.”

“Yeah, you know that cannot be avoided. What have you been up to?”

“Nothing much. Just settling in with the folks. Getting to know them better.”

“That’s great. I’m happy for you.”

“Yeah.”

“And Ikem? Have you been able to settle your differences?”

“Yeah. We spoke at length at my welcoming party.”

“Oh, that’s great news. I’ll hate to see you guys drift apart.”

“I’m not sure we can have a very good relationship. Not after the way he treated you.”

“Come on Fredrick. Anybody can make a mistake. If I can forgive him, I’m sure you can too.”

“Are you saying you’ve forgiven him?”

“Sure. I have to if I want to move on.”

“That’s very selfless of you.”

“It’s not about being selfless. It’s just self-preservation. I don’t want to hold so much hate in my heart.”

“So, it’s not because you still love him?”

“Fredrick, you must remember that I was with Ikem for more than three years and in those three years, he never once maltreated me. It would be difficult to forget all the good times because of one bad incident.”

CONTINUE READING LAST EPISODE: https://ugobestiky.com/2019/01/16/love-beyond-cause-final-episode/
Re: Love Beyond Cause by igwe699(m): 7:11pm On Jan 22, 2019
Read More here: https://ugobestiky.com/
Re: Love Beyond Cause by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2019
Nice one dear

(1) (Reply)

The Trials Of Love (clean/christian Romance) / Articles News And Blogs Call For Authors And Artist / Please I Want To Confirm How Real This CCLP WORLDWIDE Nigeria Is,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.