Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,197 members, 7,907,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 06:25 AM

Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. (1263 Views)

HE Slept With A Female Lecturer To Get A In A 7unit Course In School, "Judge! / What Do You Think She Studied In School? (see Photo) / Should A Graduate Lady Marry An Illiterate Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by bomi1: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2007
Please house i need u to advice me on this. Am a graduate though still job haunting and i met a guy whom i luv so much he luvs me so much as well and i knw dis,he even promises me marriage and am so sure he means it but d only problem is dat he's still in school though in his finals.Am so confused as to wat to do whether to wait for him or not.
He's all i need in my dream husband.I need u all 2 advice me.Do u think dis can work out?
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by oyinboaja: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2007
you are a graduate and he's still in school.

when then?

you sabui whether him go get better job immediately he comot from school and you still dey job hunt?
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by joyblinks(f): 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2007
if you say he has all u need in your man and you love him. then i will say u should wait for him, he might be lucky enouo get a job immidiately he graduates
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by staci(f): 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2007
[color=#000099][/color] My sista, love is wat matters most in any relationship. If you really love him as you said and he loves you back, then you can wait for him. He's already in his finals. All you need to do is keep praying for him and if he's yours all will work out fine. Goodluck my dear and all the best cheesy
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by MyPeace(f): 2:37pm On Apr 19, 2007
staci:

[color=#000099][/color] My sista, love is what matters most in any relationship. If you really love him as you said and he loves you back, then you can wait for him. He's already in his finals. All you need to do is keep praying for him and if he's yours all will work out fine. Goodluck my dear and all the best cheesy

I never knew that LOVE pays DOWRY, takes care of WIFE, pays the BILL and provides FOOD. 

Lets be real, it depends on how old you are and how long you can wait for him to be READY

Physical readiness
Psychological readiness
FINACIAL readiness
spiritual readiness.

Give him sometime, but don't close your EYES, lets pray everything  works out fine and on time.  LOVE is not only cateria for marriage, every other thing should follow.
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by bomi1: 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2007
Am 25, he's older dan me.He says in 2 -3 yrs time he will be ready.But scared my family members may not approve of him,i cant even tell dem he still in school cos they ll discourage me.Pls advice.
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by otuonye(m): 11:17pm On Apr 27, 2007
I just wanted to get something straight: DO YOU TRULY LOVE HIM? If yes, then all the reasons you gave for being disturbed are unrealistic. Things might change for the better tomorrow. Please, my dear, if you love this guy, wait for him. He might just be the one to provide happiness all through your life.

Furthermore, your parents are not so much in the picture. They do not choose who you marry, but you do.

Thank you,
Jojo
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by IBDat(m): 12:25am On Apr 28, 2007
From what i've read and the level of uncertainty in your post i would advise you to wait for him. He is in his final year now and he had already told you 2-3 years, sounds to me like a guy with a plan. If you are sure he is the man of your dreamz then wait otherwise you both might just end up living in regret - what's the point in having someone pay your dowry if you don't truely love him. Wait for your man and i'm sure he will not let you down  smiley
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by Radiant(f): 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2007
bomi1:

He's all i need in my dream husband.

Do u think this can work out?

I think you've answered your own question. It all depends on you two.
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by degubi(m): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2007
Does he feel uncomfortable with the fact that u are done with school, is he edgy when around ur friends who have finished school? Does he strike u as a guy who is focused about his life? What are his priorities for now? There is so much i can ask u, but the truth is apart from the love u have for him which is good, there is still so much to consider, that u love someone does not necessarily mean u must marry him/her talk it out with someone u are free with and who is much older and married, do not feel it has to be this guy or no one else. there are still a lot of people out there u are bound to meet. be sure u are ready for whatever decision u will take.
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by MyPeace(f): 7:54am On May 03, 2007
You are 25, and he says he will be ready in 2 to 3 years and he is in his final year. Means he has about 3 years to finish with school. i.e 1 year to finish up, 1 year to wait for call up for service (if you guys are nigerian shaa) then 1 year for his service year.

My dear ask yourself are you ready to wait for this guy for the next 5-6years? Logically thats when he will be ready financially (if God helps him to get job immediately) to think of marriage. Look LOVE without SUBSTANCE leads to FUSTRATION. l dont know how finacially bouyant you are, maybe you could provide that aspect until he stablises. Think, Think and Think.

ABOVE ALL, FOLLOW YOUR HEART.
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by Kashif(m): 7:01pm On May 03, 2007
Sinerely, this could be tough. Lets analys very optimistically:

You are 25. He is in his finals. The Nigerian university calendar ends sometime in August (or there about). He goes for Youth Service batch 'A' 2008/2009. By then, you would be 27. He picks up a GOOD job immediately and takes another year to be ready - get a house, make it a little habitable and save up a little to start the rites. It is assumed he is the last in a well-to-do family so, takes care of nothing but himself. By the time he pays your bride price, you would probably be 28. Wonderful!

But check out the following risks:

1) he is delayed in school (maybe got an extension).
2) his school system gets twisted and service is delayed for one year
3) he is through with NYSC and fails to get a job in the next one year (to say the least)
4) he finishes and grabs a low-paying job (say 30-40k)

Analysis:

1 or 2 or 3 only = No much harm if (a) no suitors are coming
                                                      (b) your family is loving and accomodating

4 only = No much harm if you are working with good pay.

Any two of the three happening together +you are working = You are in a very tight corner

All 4 + you are working = The love plane is stalled and is bound to crash.

My dear, think wisely. You are a lady of action. People stay in courseless relationships because they lack the ability to face reality. He might be the 'love of your life' but, there are many guys who are able to make you happy. Love is cardinal but, marriage has to do with mature mind and mature pocket. I feel you but,  this is very critical. cool cool
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by jgirl3: 7:35pm On May 03, 2007
bomi1, if he says he will be ready in 2 - 3 years time and you're not ready to wait, please try and encourage him to be ready when you are. In 3 years, anything can happen - men, in one day, anything can happen. You might meet someone that you care about, he's in school and he might meet someone that he loves more. I've seen this happen around me - dating for 4 years and when marriage time comes, everything falls apart because they "grew apart" or there is someone new in the equation.

I also agree with MyPeace. He needs to settle down before he thinks of marriage. He can't just jump out of school and marry you instantly. Men need to be ready in every sense of the word.

However, since you say you love him as much as you do. Be optimistic but it is better to be realistic.
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by hotchic1(f): 8:00pm On May 03, 2007
If you think he is all you need in a guy,then its worth waiting for him
Re: Am A Graduate And He's Still In School. by CrazyMan(m): 8:51pm On May 03, 2007
If you really love him as you claim, you should have the courage to wait till he graduates.
I was really amused when you said the only problem was that he's still in school.
as far as am concerned, that's no problem.

Just excercise a little patience i know you're scared that he might not get a job as soon as he graduates. but God has his own special plans for his people.
Who knows, he might just get one of the best jobs in town wink

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About More,sex Or Food? / Me N 2 Sistas Who R My Church Choir / Yes, Yet Another Women Bashing Thread: Blood-thirsty Gold-digger For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.