Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,821 members, 7,889,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:42 PM

Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos (33694 Views)

Single Dad Commits Suicide After Being Tricked Into Sending £500 To Woman (Pix) / 18-Year-Old Faith Tricked Into Ashawo In Mali Cries Out As She Is Now Pregnant / Nigerian Girls Tricked Into Sex Slavery During Russia World Cup Rescued (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by abidemidare: 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2019
crusufixo:
There are some key places that one has to be very careful when driving.these places are ikeja and Victoria island. if you are not careful, you would enter one way. And these lastma / police can be very wicked as they would direct to use one way and then arrest you. what i usually do is to park at a spot and observe traffic flow briefly.or i park at a very convenient spot and ask passers by.

And yaba too, someone have to be very careful
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by ithink7: 10:49pm On Jan 21, 2019
Na only mouth you get.

If you drive in Lagos, you would have encountered those LGA people at least once.

The day I experienced this same scenario at Ilupeju, I swear if I was planning to go back there and bomb that LGA with dem touts together.

uvie66:
How did she get swindle ? Did someone drive the car for her ?
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by drmikeadams(m): 10:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
: grin them carry me for oshodi last December,still give one mofo;500...na so em collegues enter carry me go oshodi lga..them write 25K give me...I later give them 10k....
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 10:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
These people and their extortion business continue to thrive because Lagosians are very daft.

Everybody be forming OYO private citizen. You cannot try this nonsense in some parts of Nigeria. Enter one small trouble, and a million daft Lagosians would walk over your head and pretend they didn't see you. If only 5-10 private drivers could spare 5 minutes of their time to beat those bastards to stupor, we won't be reading useless stories like this from a supposed "maga-city" where a single drug lord has continued to play ping pong with people's head since 1999.

A good number of friends have lost monies to these bastards because they usually outnumber individual "offenders". It takes 4-5 self-less and concerned citizens to teach these touts a very good lesson. As per the criminals in uniform (e.g. Police), those ones are quite easy to disgrace. Just get ready to spend some time, they will, by themselves, drop their fee from N10,000 to N500. If you're willing to spend more time with them and create a little scene, you would go scot-free.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 11:10pm On Jan 21, 2019
ithink7:
Na only mouth you get.

If you drive in Lagos, you would have encountered those LGA people at least once.

The day I experienced this same scenario at Ilupeju, I swear if I was planning to go back there and bomb that LGA with dem touts together.

That is the problem, you cannot do it alone. Those touts are overrated, the only thing that scares them is crowd. Lagosians are very selfish and self-centered (in the name of hustle and staying woke).

Take one driver in some towns in Nigeria, and a thousand drivers would block the entire major roads, the government house and even threaten to burn the concerned local government.

Please you Lagosians should wake up from your slumber. Too many crowd, but all docile and somewhat useless when critical issues are being raised.

The only word that comes to mind anytime I see that Lekki toll gate is "f00ls". Nobody wants to fight over a paltry "N200"?

N200 x 100,000 f00lish drivers/day == Tinubu's pocket. That paltry sum has made some idle criminals instant billionaires.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Hoodbilonia: 11:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
drive g wagon.. who wan stop u
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 21, 2019
islandmoon:
welcome to Nigeria where government agents are criminal and louts

where police men will jump in front of your car when traffic light is still showing yellow and claim its red

Boss you no lie

2 Likes

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Jaqenhghar: 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2019
uvie66:
How did she get swindle ? Did someone drive the car for her ?
What they did is it right? Why is it so hard for you people to call out anything that is wrong? You excuse anything that is bad and blame victims who suffer under tyranny. Then you wonder why your country is so fúcked up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by islandmoon: 11:30pm On Jan 21, 2019
azraeljaheel:

Boss you no lie

they know the timing of the traffic light, they usually jump in when it's showing yellow and before you argue with them for 5 second while other cars passed beside you , the light would have changed to red , and his mates will just join him in clearing you off the road to demand bribe, I fear for my children, the country is not safe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by madgoat(m): 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
We should make this trend on twitter. If more people voice out, the govt will do something about it.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 21, 2019
islandmoon:

they know the timing of the traffic light, they usually jump in when it's showing yellow and before you argue with them for 5 second while other cars passed beside you , just after 5 seconds they know the light would have change to red before you finished arguing with them and his mates will join him in clearing you off the road to demand bribe, I fear for my children, the country is not safe.

Funny how we are bin oppressed by people who are suppose to protect us

Naija is dead

We need a reset
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by undisputedgbola(m): 11:38pm On Jan 21, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:
If you stand your ground and show them say you get chin chin for head they'll eventually leave you alone. These VIO , road safety etc themselves no like wahala. They just feed on your fear and use it to their own advantage.
Who mentioned VIO and FRSC now?? undecided undecided
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by BalogunIdowu(m): 11:47pm On Jan 21, 2019
Well since he was just to direct, I don't think he needed to enter your car.

People are stupidly crazy now to make money from people.

May God give us peace in this country
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by ipobarecriminals: 11:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
wink linus full here ooo.Even person wey dey struggle/ manage a shop space wit one guy like dat and trekked up and down ikotun is now a victim.i wont mention ur name.Kip lying to urself

2 Likes

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by aku626(m): 11:55pm On Jan 21, 2019
Hustled. Don’t let no one enter your car next time always get a second opinion. I’d preferred you seek directions from okada
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Yankee101: 11:59pm On Jan 21, 2019
Reasons why people get fvcking Karma
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by haywhy59(m): 12:32am On Jan 22, 2019
Jonathanfixed12:
VIP Games Available Today

Go upgrade your photoshop skill, this pix dey blur, it is very obvious it photoshop, scammer.
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by ReppingMoi: 1:36am On Jan 22, 2019
uvie66:
Nonsense, how can someone trick you to transgress. It is your responsibility to know the difference between one way and a two way, you are the driver and should know your highway code not your passenger.

No traffic sign stating that the road is a one-way.
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Platony(m): 2:04am On Jan 22, 2019
LAGOS....

DEN OF THIEVES!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Jadela(m): 2:42am On Jan 22, 2019
I suffered this same treatment from those Oshodi LG riff-raffs last month. They claimed I took a "one-way" route without any sign-post warning. They hurriedly issued a 25K ticket and even deflated one of my tyres. I eventually parted with 10K plus N500 to the in-house vulcanizer. That day, I was so pissed that I wished I had some supernatural powers to teach all of them along that chain a lesson.

1 Like

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by tomdon(m): 2:46am On Jan 22, 2019
Chai. God forbid bad thing!
Very funny event but I can't laugh at another person's predicament.
They only capitalized on your fear.
Someone like us won't pay 1 naira. They can't catch me mugu. In cases where I'm guilty sef, I know my fine, let alone this kind nonsense where you'll sue them and win easily.
What you need do is ask who is the oga in this place. I want to see your overall boss. But don't be confrontational. Just be whining them gradually.
They will eventually mellow down and begin to pamper you when they see that this one is going to implicate them oo
Many times lastma don deflate my tires still use their hand pump am back.
One situation where I went extra mile to record things, their oga was even begging that I should delete the video and go my way jeje I say no way oo, come and see begging.
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by hokafor(m): 3:09am On Jan 22, 2019
Nigeria is a funny place, does it mean the roads don't have signs? In a sane country, a stranger can drive around with the help of road signs.
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Angelawhite(m): 3:26am On Jan 22, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

When I graduated from university, your mama never start her menstruation..

You no come charge for Engineering? Azubuike from Nnewi?
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by slightlyMad(f): 3:50am On Jan 22, 2019
I have been tricked by same people in 2016, The truth is they hire touts to deceive people to drive into that local government building.
I fell victim once and had to part with 2k after calling someone who happened to know the guy in charge.

I felt cheated for months and upset every time i drive by the place.

If coming from airport road, on Osolo way, the large compound is on right after passing domino/aswani, when you drive into the compound, they will tell you to turn to the right, once in, the start deflating your tires.

after doing this, and resolving it, there is an inhouse vulcanizer who charges you almost 1k to pump your tires for you.
Something must be done about this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Member Of A 5-Man Gang Who Raped A Girl Confesses, Seeks Forgiveness Years After / Nigerian Dies Swallowing Drugs In South Africa To Avert Arrest (Photos) / Woman Visits Her Son And Was Beaten By Her Ex-Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.