Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,899 members, 7,918,925 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:38 PM

Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos (33747 Views)

Single Dad Commits Suicide After Being Tricked Into Sending £500 To Woman (Pix) / 18-Year-Old Faith Tricked Into Ashawo In Mali Cries Out As She Is Now Pregnant / Nigerian Girls Tricked Into Sex Slavery During Russia World Cup Rescued (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by lamidex(m): 7:17am On Jan 22, 2019
Bleep Lagos, Bleep Tinubu, Bleep Oponuomo called Oluomo, Bleep all agberos, Bleep Ambode, Bleep all APC bearers. Lagos too overrated. Can't live in that stupid state for cash.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by wokemzine: 8:28am On Jan 22, 2019
islandmoon:
welcome to Nigeria where government agents are criminal and louts

where police men will jump in front of your car when traffic light is still showing yellow and claim its red
, I was driving in PH passing the front of Mile 1 Diobu when they did that to me, so I called my uncle who is a commissioner of police at the force Headquarters in Abuja , he just said "tell the policemen I want to speak with Titilayo Bakare" and immediately I said that to them, they all ran away, he then asked me to tell him what they wrote on their patrol van , that I should enter the police station, I did and they were saying, no be me go answer this call oo, na Oga go answer this call! they were running and I was following them, the hunter became hunted , a woman inside the station eventually answered the call, shouting Yes Sir!! Yes Sir!! they rushed to pumped my tyres back and ask me to go , I later realized the person my uncle wanted to talk to was at the state headquarters.

to be honest, sometimes in 2014 a young man who doesn't have 1naira approached a taxi for a drop after seeing that he had no sticker for OBI AKPOR LGA in PH, he took the taxi all the way from Eleme Oil Mill area down to OBI AKPOR LGA office before Rumookoro , on getting inside the premises he asked the driver, where is your stiker and daily ticket, go and bring 25,000.
the driver was so sad and shocked , he said I borrowed money to buy one gallon and you neva pay me, but the tout asked other boys to deflated his tyres .
but lucky for him one of the top official just came around that day and the driver cried to him, the official parked his official Toyota Camry or corolla and listened to the poor driver, he warned the tout/lout to return his key to him and let him go, he was very disappointed, he said " this kind of attitude will only give us bad name , you have to stop it"

the man I'm talking about is tall, dark and wearing glasses, well educated .
May God Bless him wherever he is.

we need to change our attitude because of money, money is not everything, always consider others.
After they will say only politicians are corrupt. Even if all politicians stop being corrupt. 70% of Nigerians are just wicked & corrupt. I wonder what will be the remedy. Like Ameachi said " unless everyone is killed"
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by papyskinsy: 8:39am On Jan 22, 2019
that's one reason why 8 hate lagos.. in ibadan have driven about 5 minutes into a one-way street. it was people dat started telling me dat oga.. were u dey pass na one way ohh.. no let dem catch yu oh.. na so i reverse to back.. buh fr lag everybody go dey mind dere business dey look yu grin grin until dem. nab yu

1 Like

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Mysselff2: 9:02am On Jan 22, 2019
ZombiePUNISHER:
Money for Tinubu

Money for Mc oluomo

Money for APc

Say no to thuggery

Say no to godfatherism

Say no to Apc

Hmmmm
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by lorhema(f): 9:37am On Jan 22, 2019
GeorgeTheCoder:

This is why your country is a shithole. You call this hustling ? This is theft. In legal terms it is called entrapment.

I remember when DH came home vibrating because he had asked some Yaba local government staff for directions only to be led to take a road and was then arrested.

They said it was a one-way road. They then asked for a bribe but he refused to pay and insisted he would only pay at the office. He did this but was bitter, still is, that agents of the state could deceive a citizen like that.
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Briller: 9:49am On Jan 22, 2019
G1STM0RE:
Lady tricked into taking one-way, extorted of N26k in Lagos.

Read post below...

Gist from Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/lady-tricked-into-taking-one-way-extorted-of-n26k-in-lagos

Please don't encourage this. Get the details of the account and do a petition to ICPC. Forward both the ticket and account they have provided to ICPC and to Lagos State Government.
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by lagosrd: 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2019
Brightology2:
This is Lagos not Welcome to Lagos.

Go oshodi na Dem go tell you to cross the road and na their colleagues go come catch u for not using the pedestrian bridge.

Next time obey traffic laws.

BTW vote ATIKU

I wounder how you graduated that's is if you attended any at all. Instead of you to speak against what is wrong, you will come online and make fool of yourself. You would have been better off if you never made any comment at all.

1 Like

Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by real777(m): 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2019
Many Nigerians especially her youths are cowards. Let it be to be drinking, fornicating, political thuggery, robbering, stealing, money ritual, cultism, fraud, playing useless music, partying, gambling, & other moral backwardness & social menace... hmm count Nigerian youths in. I still wonder how a few touts still hold thousands of drivers hostage in Nigeria. You know why because citizens are forming "fear and e no concern me in that country" Una go continue to dey suffer.

Things like this was why some area boys & drivers in Benin City went to former EDSMA office - just like LASMA in Lagos set up by the then thief Oshiomole to compensate Libyan returnees.
Some of them were beaten mercilessly & others took to their heels
Re: Lady Tricked Into Taking One-way, Extorted Of N26k In Lagos by Speedyconnect15: 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2019
tomdon:
Chai. God forbid bad thing!
Very funny event but I can't laugh at another person's predicament.
They only capitalized on your fear.
Someone like us won't pay 1 naira. They can't catch me mugu. In cases where I'm guilty sef, I know my fine, let alone this kind nonsense where you'll sue them and win easily.
What you need do is ask who is the oga in this place. I want to see your overall boss. But don't be confrontational. Just be whining them gradually.
They will eventually mellow down and begin to pamper you when they see that this one is going to implicate them oo
Many times lastma don deflate my tires still use their hand pump am back.
One situation where I went extra mile to record things, their oga was even begging that I should delete the video and go my way jeje I say no way oo, come and see begging.

So what's the best way of dealing with them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Notorious Kidnapper Abducts 2 Girls In Port-Harcourt,Threatens To Rape Them.PICS / Frozen Foods Concealed As Vegetables Intercepted At Lagos Airport (Photo) / IMSU Final Year Student Stabs 100 Level Roommate With Scissors (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.