Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,924 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:37 AM

Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? (4909 Views)

Poll: Should churches join a pregnant woman to a man?

No: 22% (2 votes)
Yes: 77% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Should Churches And Mosque Be Made To Pay Tax To Boost Nigeria's Economy? / Should Churches Be Paying Tax. / Should Churches Provide Free University Education? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by seyibrown(f): 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2010
Do you think it is right that Churches join a couple who have clearly committed fornication together? As the church preaches against fornication, why does it join such couples together? Is it not indirectly saying it is okay to commit fornication? Some churches do not join such couples together but many clearly do as we see all these weddings with heavily pregnant ladies on show! Are there no alternatives to getting married in the church? Why won't our churches take a firm stand on the matter?
Please share your opinion with us!
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by alexleo(m): 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2010
churches that do such are commiting sin against God. Hebrew 13:4 says- marriage is honourable and the bed undefiled. Those churches are after the money that the intending couples will pay them as marriage fee. They dont really bother about what God's word says about it rather they will look for a way of misinterpreting any portion of the bible to suit their evil deeds. Signs of the last days.
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by Joagbaje(m): 6:00am On Aug 18, 2010
It is called holy matrimony.Churches are not to join them, Churches join them mostly if the church was un aware they were pregnant.
But if they are pregnant , the church can do marriage blessing for them.
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by themanna(m): 7:35am On Aug 18, 2010
Where did u see it in the bible not to join them ?. im a chistian ok so u dont need to preach to me on this , i want to ask which on u prefer for the child to be abooted and pretend to pastor they r holy or for them to shame the devil and take the shame. I will suport joining them as HUSBAND AND WIFE. nOW THEY ARE MARRIED THEY CANNOT BE BURN ANYMORE.
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by anonimi: 9:47am On Aug 18, 2010
Biblical fact:

Mary was pregnant with Jesus of the Holy Spirit before she was married to Joseph.
Should she not have been married to Joseph after the pregnancy

Marriage is between the husband and the woman- they may decide to solemnise ( ) it in church or somewhere else where they allow pregnant women to be wedded.
Please note that marriage is not performed in church but in the registry. Those who do not go to the registry must have the church file on their behalf to the registry as the church is not the law.
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by Enigma(m): 10:46am On Aug 18, 2010
For those saying the "church" should not marry the pregnant woman and her groom, I have a question.

Supposing the couple later get married at a Registry civil office or according to traditional custom, do you think they are married in God's eyes or not?
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by donugapi(m): 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2010
All these folks are just being too religious, I don't have words, All God sees is your heart. The bible says Do not Judge which is what i think some people here are doing. Let God determine.

alexleo:

churches that do such are commiting sin against God. Hebrew 13:4 says- marriage is honourable and the bed undefiled. Those churches are after the money that the intending couples will pay them as marriage fee. They dont really bother about what God's word says about it rather they will look for a way of misinterpreting any portion of the bible to suit their evil deeds. Signs of the last days.

What if they messed up, genuinely asked for forgiveness or they did their traditional marriage and registry before going to church, Ppl should try n think before talking!!
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by seyibrown(f): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2010
anonimi:

Biblical fact:

Mary was pregnant with Jesus of the Holy Spirit before she was married to Joseph.
Should she not have been married to Joseph after the pregnancy

Marriage is between the husband and the woman- they may decide to solemnise ( ) it in church or somewhere else where they allow pregnant women to be wedded.
Please note that marriage is not performed in church but in the registry. Those who do not go to the registry must have the church file on their behalf to the registry as the church is not the law.

Does it say that that Joseph 'knew' Mary before they got married? No, they got married and he did not 'know' her until after the child was born.

If marriage is performed at the registry, shouldn't couples wait until they have been 'married' before consumating the marriage?How come couples are pronounced 'man and wife' in the church if there is really no significance to that church ceremony?
And where would you put traditional wedding ceremonies? When is it proper to consumate a marriage? After the registry, the traditional or the church ceremony?
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by peeceelove(m): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2010
seyibrown:

Do you think it is right that Churches join a couple who have clearly committed fornication together? As the church preaches against fornication, why does it join such couples together? Is it not indirectly saying it is okay to commit fornication? Some churches do not join such couples together but many clearly do as we see all these weddings with heavily pregnant ladies on show! Are there no alternatives to getting married in the church? Why won't our churches take a firm stand on the matter?
Please share your opinion with us!

so what happens if by mistake three months to ur wedding u take in, would u abort the pregnancy or cancel the wedding? or Go ahead with the wedding
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by Outstrip(f): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2010
The church is supposed to join them if they wish to. Anybody who refuses to join a man an woman is the one commiting the sin. If anything the pastor can use the opportunity to preach about the way you should not do it. The only thing I can say is that if the pastor feels like they arenot ready for it he should not do it. Even if she is already nine months pregnant. It should not be treated like any other one.
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by seyibrown(f): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2010
Enigma:

For those saying the "church" should not marry the pregnant woman and her groom, I have a question.

Supposing the couple later get married at a Registry civil office or according to traditional custom, do you think they are married in God's eyes or not?

Fornication is not a sin in the books of the civil office; many of our traditional customs expect the marriage to be consummated after being wedded; fornication is a sin in christianity.

I get the argument that the couple might have asked for forgiveness but I think that where pregnancy is evident, they should use the registry. Allowing such ceremonies in churches sends the message that pre-marital sex which is condemned by the Bible is condoned by the church!
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by Outstrip(f): 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2010
seyibrown:

Fornication is not a sin in the books of the civil office; many of our traditional customs expect the marriage to be consummated after being wedded; fornication is a sin in christianity.

I get the argument that the couple might have asked for forgiveness but I think that where pregnancy is evident, they should use the registry. Allowing such ceremonies in churches sends the message that pre-marital sex which is condemned by the Bible is condoned by the church!

Seyi brown you are not a christian but a traditionalist. Is it your opinion that matter sor what the Bible says. The Bible says that as long as she confessed her sins she is free from bondage. So which one are you holding on to. Your faith or your traditiona. I have always said that 95% of Nigerians are traditionalists that read bibles. You people can simply not separate the two. Who is sending the message that pre marital sex is condoned by the church by marrying a couple who have asked for forgiveness from who it matters. What your opinion is does not matter. If you are going to quote the scriptures then quote it "not in part". This is your traditionalist views overriding wat the Bible says. You need to repent.
Matthew 15:3 Jesus said He answered them, “And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by seyibrown(f): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2010
Outstrip:

Seyi brown you are not a christian but a traditionalist. Is it your opinion that matter sor what the Bible says. The Bible says that as long as she confessed her sins she is free from bondage. So which one are you holding on to. Your faith or your traditiona. I have always said that 95% of Nigerians are traditionalists that read bibles. You people can simply not separate the two. Who is sending the message that pre marital sex is condoned by the church by marrying a couple who have asked for forgiveness from who it matters. What your opinion is does not matter. If you are going to quote the scriptures then quote it "not in part". This is your traditionalist views overriding wat the Bible says. You need to repent.
Matthew 15:3 Jesus said He answered them, “And why do you break the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?

[b]Why are many people condemning RCCG as condoning corruption because they perceive Erastus Akingbola as being corrupt? What inference are people drawing from the fact that the Catholic Church chose to cover up child molesters, moving them from parish to parish, exposing more children to danger and not warning the church about the sin of these priests and addressing the possibility of them re-offending?

My position on this matter does not make me a traditionalist! Idol-worshipping is a yoruba tradition yet I will not dance in an  Osun procession! I was merely responding to the argument put forward by that poster! I am saying that if the church is preaching against fornication, it should not celebrate fornicators! Do these churches reprimand these erring couples at all? Do they make it clear to the wedding guests that they do not condone fornication? I think you should go read and understand that scripture you quoted yourself!

It's as simple as this, the evil/sin we condone will continue! Christians cannot afford to keep quiet about sin! Can you imagine what will happen in any state that decides to let criminals go free! Crime will rise! What's to stop Jack from burgling your house or doing worse when he is not gonna get punished anyway?

Yes, Christ wants us to come just as we are! People who are so concerned about being joined together before God should be happy to obey him and wait till they are joined before having sex! Or they can use the registry that does not care whether they've been having sex or not!

In the words of a gospel artiste, 'there is no demilitarized zone in this battle, you are either for God or for the devil'. I'll add that you are either for sin or for righteousness! Erring couples can be corrected in love while discouraging upcoming couples from following in their footsteps.

Fornication should not be turned into a tradition of the church![/b]
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by Rhino3dm: 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2010
^^^ baby when ever you are ready am waiting, cos dnt want to derail this thread. We have scores to settle.
Re: Should Churches Join A Pregnant Woman To A Man? by seyibrown(f): 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

^^^ baby when ever you are ready am waiting, cos dnt want to derail this thread. We have scores to settle.

Waiting for you on that thread you dedicated to me! grin grin!

(1) (Reply)

The Pale Horse Of Apocalypse Unleashed In The Midst Of Egyptian Riot! (Video) / Spiritual Warfare. / Upgrade Your Life: Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.