Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,233 members, 7,928,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:58 PM

Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal (6361 Views)

West Brom Vs Chelsea (2 - 3) On 23rd August 2015 / West Brom Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 18th May 2015 / Peter Odemwingie Refused Entry In To QPR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by babariches: 11:30am On Aug 19, 2010
i believe it will help him in getting to a better team at the league
that is if he proof himself before the end of the season.
i believe this must be his aim for joining west brom.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 19, 2010
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11698_6320017,00.html
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by tunfeek: 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2010
Will he go the way of Utaka & Martins(i.e one season, then drastic drip in form) or Kanu & Yak(a relatively successful EPL)?
Time shall tell.@poster rmba he is only nigerian player with his real age
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by HighChief4(m): 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2010
blacksta:

This news is not reported on any where else apart from NL
I dont know what cave you live in, not even news anymore. check the link below and keep urself informed

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/17/2074496/lokomotiv-moscow-nigeria-forward-peter-odemwingie-agrees
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by chelseabmw(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2010
am happy for osaze
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by sulad82i(m): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2010
Good for him. Hope he shines
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2010
hope he shines too but what is wrong with us that we try to bring down our own
wonder why agbonlahor and co refuse to play for naija
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by efoghorjos: 7:16pm On Aug 19, 2010
Congrats Osaze! The most important thing now is for him to get focused and distinguish himself; he may not stay too long in West Bromwich Albion. Other clubs could spot him and snatch him out of West Brom. He is not finished as some are wont to believe.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Dreamchaser1(f): 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2010
i love the guy jarey! he would grow from strength to strength,
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by bogzyboy(m): 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2010
at least we will see him week in week out
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by mystikal(m): 10:34pm On Aug 19, 2010
Good 4 him.

but @ 29, This is the twilight of his Career.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by marcus1234: 8:28am On Aug 20, 2010
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by elseohjay(m): 10:26am On Aug 20, 2010
Everyone here calling this  a bad move is ignoring the obvious. The dude is 29. In football terms that's like semi-retirement age. Let's face it, it's not like he's lightening the Russian league with goals either. At least not in recent times.

To me this a positive move for him. Hopefully a change of terrain might ignite some spark in his form and with some luck may be move to better clubs in the EPL next season.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by chrisnelly(m): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2010
it is good for him at least for a start,let him proof himself with this small club and the other big club wil go for him.the way to the top is down
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by enomakos(m): 4:53pm On Aug 20, 2010
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by kingbru(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2010
@29, he is still the youngest player in the super eagles of his generation, if you know what i mean grin
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by kannymoore(m): 11:29am On Aug 21, 2010
^^ he isnt, anichebe is , followed by mikel.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by kobikwelu(m): 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2010
good move for the guy,

all he has to do is to prove himself, and then he can have a long shelf life in the EPL, by the way, he is a quick player
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by boy1(m): 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2010
odemwinge scored d only goal in today's match. .good start!
D guy was very active. . . . played well
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by zenus(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2010
The boy is good.
His best is yet to come
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by no1madman(m): 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2010
yeah!he played as a lone striker.
His team needs creative attacking midfielders
D defense is suspicious. .additional 2 solid and experience center backs will be good.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by ice234: 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2010
wrong move pls
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by shilling(f): 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2010
Congrats to him!!
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by marabout(m): 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2010
Mama-gee,
he needs to start somewhere in EPL. He's likely to play every week if he's fit. Okocha was able to prove his class with Bolton by playing weekly but might not have been given enough playing time @ ManU, Chelski, Liverpool or Arsenal. Simply because if you have more expenive players on the bench, managers need to use them to justify the pricetag or everybody would see it as signing the wrong and expensive players.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by mamagee3(f): 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2010
^^Okay, I get your point but I think he should have gone to a club that has a transfer window.

I mena clubs like West Brom, Blackpool aren't the top clubs around and they don't attract better club signings.

I personally think he should have moved to a club like Liverpool or Arsenal.
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 22, 2010
anyways he scored on his debut which is good!!!!!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Ranoscky(m): 11:55am On Aug 22, 2010
mama gee,

U can't decide to urself which club to play for, it's only if such club want's ur services, daz when dey'll call for u. so, doz club's u'r thinkin he (Odemwengie) should have signed for, r not interested in him, dat was y he signed for West Brom dat was interested in his services. If he performs very well at West Brom dis season, maybe other big clubs dat u want him to sign for will be interested in him. Big ups to him tho, he scored on his debut! BEST OF LUCK!!!
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by MrToro: 6:39pm On Aug 22, 2010
I think this is a good move for Odewinge
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Myself2(m): 8:11am On Aug 23, 2010
mama-gee:

^^Okay, I get your point but I think he should have gone to a club that has a transfer window.

A club that has a transfer window?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Do you know what a transfer window is?? Just when I thought your IQ was rising above the -ve region towards zero,you show it's actually falling lower
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Myself2(m): 8:12am On Aug 23, 2010
BTW,what a way for Osas to open his West Brom account
Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by Goldenmeda(m): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2010
Eagles Star Grabs Decisive 81st Minute Goal Against Sunderland

Prolific Nigerian forward, Peter Osaze Odemwingie made a goal scoring debut for his new English Premier League side, West Bromwich Albion in their 1-0 victory against Sunderland at the Hawthorns.

Odemwingie, whose transfer from Russian heavyweights, Locomotiv Moscow had only been confirmed 24 hours earlier, wasted little time in making a name for himself at his new club, taking on James Morrisons’s pass and slotting home the winner with nine minutes to go.

The victory marked a spirited response from the Baggies, who had started the day, bottom of the Barclays Premier League table after they were thrashed 6-0 at Chelsea last week.

The first contribution of the prodigiously talented goal getter was in the eighth minute, when he latched onto Christ Brunt’s measured through ball shooting narrowly wide.

He tried for the second time early in the second half to get his name on scorer’s chart, as he created some space for himself and attempted to unleash a pile driver on the edge of the box that powered into Paulo Da Silva.

The former Lille of France hitman was however third time lucky in the 81st minute, bagging his debut goal after collecting the ball from Morrison turning and sliding a low shot under Mignolet.

West Brom were then inches away from making it 2-0 with Brunt cracking a long range attempt against the crossbar, before Referee friend blew his whistle for full time to ensure the Baggies secured the spoils.

After the match, West Brom gaffer Roberto Di Matteo said he was delighted to see his gamble pay off after debutant Odemwingie sealed the win.

“He only trained once with us, yesterday, so it was a huge gamble,” Di Matteo said.

“But we thought we would throw him in at the deep and see how long he would last and he certainly made us a threat upfront.”

REPORT culled from Complete Sports, Sunday August 22, 2010

Re: Odemwingie Gets 3 Year West Brom Deal by ichommy(m): 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2010
am happy for you bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Name Michael Emenalo As Wilkins' Successor As Assistant Coach / John Terry In England Euro 2012 Squad As Ferdinand Is Left Out / Manchester City Vs Arsenal [0 - 3] On Sun. 24th October 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.