Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,563 members, 7,888,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:52 PM

Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. (8059 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / 2019; The PDP Presidential Flag Bearer Might Likely Be; / Shekarau Might Emerge APC Presidential Flag-Bearer In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by andyanders: 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2010
AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, THE ANTECEDENTS OF MALAM RIBADU DURING HIS REIGN AS EFFC BOSS WAS THAT OF A TYRANT THAN AS ANTI CORRUPTION LEADER PEOPLE CLAIMED HE IS. I LOVED HIM AS A DESCENT MAN BUT HIS ACTIONS WAS FOR PDP AND NOT FOR NIGERIA AND THAT IS QUESTIONABLE. HE MADE SURE THAT THOSE PEOPLE WHO WAS AGAINST OBASANJO NEVER SAW THE LIGHT. WHY DID HE NOT PROSECUTE OBASANJO DESPITE THE FACT THAT HE ABUSED HIS OFFICE? HE DOES NOT HAVE SEFL CONTROL. IF HE GETS TO BE PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA, I TELL YOU, HE CANNOT BE A GOOD LEADER, RATHER A BIASED LEADER. YOU MUST BE PRUDENT IN MOST DECISIONS YOU TAKE AS A LEADER. BE PATIENT BUT FOCUSED. NOT TO BE HARSH IN TAKING DECISION. HE IS A LAWYER AND SHOULD KNOW THAT ONE MUST BE CONFIRMED TO BE GUILTY, ONLY BY THE COURT OF LAW. HE COMES OUT TO CALL PEOPLE ROGUE BEFORE THE COURT DECIDEDS. TO FIGHT CORRUPTION, YOU MUST BE READY TO EVEN PROSECUTE YOUR OWN FATHER/MOTHER WHEN THEY BREAK THE LAW.[b][i][/i][/b]
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by eros(m): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2010
Well let's see how this plays out. Keenly watching and waiting to see how many of them presidential aspirant will die in the long run.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by pcicero(m): 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2010
Ribadu in ACN? Tinubu's party? Well, strange things happen in Nigerian politics.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Jarus(m): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
pcicero:

Ribadu in ACN? Tinubu's party? Well, strange things happen in Nigerian politics.
Hmmnnnn, this is a loaded insight o
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by safariman(m): 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2010
@Jarus
Do you know Ribadu's position as to how to move Naija forward? Or he is going straightline with ACN party platform
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by seanet02: 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2010
jamace:

grin grin
are you yourself okay ?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Ibomade1: 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2010
Well it will be refreshing if he canrun for office. I guess most of the cabals willrun for cover if Ribadu should ever win.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by NaijaNaWaa: 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2010
Interesting! So when did ACN conduct the primaries that produced Ribadu? Didn't Obama go thro a very rigorous and competitive primaries? Why does Ribadu prefer carry-go democracy? If there is no primaries and internal democracy in ACN, how do we ensure that Ribadu does not turn into a dictator if he wins? Can't you guys see that Ribadu is being wangled into power corruptly? Can't u see that deals must have been cut? At what price are the looters in ACN giving Ribadu their ticket on a golden platter? Doesn't this tell u guys something about Ribadu: an over-ambitious, power-hungry, holier-than-thou character who would dine with the devil to grab that which he covets? If Ribadu becomes president would he prosecute Tinubu and co for their looting? Or is he going to continue to pursue Ibori while turning a blind eye to Donald Duke, Tinubu, El Rufai, Obasanjo & co.

Let those who can still think be sad this day. Nigeria is being ran by thugs and thieves and their clique. And let's face it. Ribadu is one of them.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by 9jawear(m): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2010
Nuhu''s only challenge is to get core northern support,if he can get buhari to drop his ambition,and support him,case is closed.

he will have south west,north and the middle belt
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by babamoha(m): 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2010
BABA FOR president pls vote for me.lol try to vote for the candidate of your choice either ibb,ribadu or gej.goodluck to them all.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by sjeezy8: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2010
Nuhu has atleast half of the middle belt and half of the SW, probably edo. If Northerners are serious they will endorse Nuhu and forget Buhari hes too old and hasnt even organised himself ( No one even knows his party).

But its really realistic because Atiku and IBB plan on going on PDP party platform- If Jonathan gets PDP ticket, then IBB and atiku probably wont contest because both are saying PDP is their party and thats whom they want to go with.

I can definately see Nuhu winning tho as well Jonathan. So it aint that far from being realistic, one thing for sure is if Jonathan emerges as party flag bearer PDP zoning wont continue.

If the majority of the core north votes Ribadu along with half of the mddle belt and half of the SW then - Ribadu can definately win. I think the SE might be split- and some ND states as well Donald duke is also running for president so its sensible to think he would have home support of Cross river and atleast 1 other state fropm the SE/SS. I have duke winning at least two southern states.

But buhari stepping down and supporting ribadu is the game changer.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Roliks09: 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2010
Its understandable now why we'll probably never have credible leaders in the country. The methods these politial parties use in selecting their flagbearers, is ridiculous to say the least. They calculate based on how many votes he'll get from a particular zone, or select someone to placate the northerners or some other silly criteria.

The big question is whats his plan for Nigeria? What his vision? Does he have target dates to achieve his goals? How does he want to achieve them? Until I see a leader who has these, I say Nigeria will remain doomed. Its the presidency we're talking about here! Not some landlord association chairman.

Someone here said he's ready to vote for Ribadu. An I ask why?

Whats his plan for the country?

Its sad we dont vote based on how 'solid' the aspirants plans are. Do they even have any plans at all? Do they think Presidency is something they can just dream about and think 'God' will make them win? Then Chris Okotie should have been president two times over.

I feel very sad about the kinds of leaders we'll keep producing in years to come. I weep inside over the visionless leaders we have. O

So, the question we should be asking is, 'What plans does he have for Nigeria?' and 'How good are those plans'

Lets get these answered before going to the ballot, whether it Ribadu of Babangida or Buhari or ME!!!

By the way, what the diifference anyway? Same ole set of thieving thieves( except me now)
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by downunder: 8:44pm On Aug 20, 2010
It is increasingly concerning that many Nigerians remain myopic to the realities of our emerging democracy. It is appalling to read some of the insightless posts here where some people advocate for certain individuals based on party affiliation, religious leanings and tribal heritage. Why can’t we for once look at the greater good of this nation instead of fractionating along ethnic and religious leanings? As far as I am concerned, zoning has no place in a legitimate democratic institution; and so is political affiliation. At this point in our young democracy, it will be a travesty of justice to elect somebody based on emotions to govern 150 million or so people. Why can’t  we elect a  Nigerian to the  presidency based on credibility, integrity, emotional intelligence, leadership potential and management credentials as well as a detribalized sensibility?  Too much is at stake for this generation and generations unborn. Presently, all the people who have expressed interest in running for the highest office in our land have not demonstrated credibility when in power. We cannot continue to recycle these individuals whose “use by” date exist in the past. Most of these individuals have not demonstrated in the past that they understand the collective aspiration of the Nigerian people: good roads, regular power supply, improved health and education, employment creation, etc.  I would be willing to vote for anyone who has the potential to probe the financial recklessness of our past leaders and bring them to justice regardless of political affiliation or geography. The future of this country is at stake and these individuals are jostling for power because they have discovered new ways of liaising with their cronies in an attempt to further empty our economic coffers.  The youth of this nation should not let this happen anymore than it has because good governance often comes at a price which we should be willing and ready to pay.  Please support dignity, credibility, integrity, leadership and management credentials instead of party, religion or tribe. Use your sense that is not “common" otherwise "the labour of our heroes past" will indeed be in vain.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Depilot(m): 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2010
downunder, Thanks for the wisdom. Now, who is the entity out there that has all the qualities you have listed?
A post without a conclusion is useless.
It is obvious that most of us are struggling and confused simultaneously when it comes to supporting the right candidate. As far as I'm concerned, none of these candidates deserve our vote. I'm not even sure if there is any Nigerian out there that has all the qualities you have listed.
Our system is defective, our people in general are mostly corrupt and nobody seems to truly care about this country, it's all about get what you can get while the fire is burning.

Talk is cheap and post is even cheaper, I think we are in trouble until all of us are ready to change our ways, and quickly realize that politicians are part of our problems, but not all our problems.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by sjeezy8: 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2010
Roliks09:

Its understandable now why we'll probably never have credible leaders in the country. The methods these politial parties use in selecting their flagbearers, is ridiculous to say the least. They calculate based on how many votes he'll get from a particular zone, or select someone to placate the northerners or some other silly criteria.

The big question is whats his plan for Nigeria? What his vision? Does he have target dates to achieve his goals? How does he want to achieve them? Until I see a leader who has these, I say Nigeria will remain doomed. Its the presidency we're talking about here! Not some landlord association chairman.

Someone here said he's ready to vote for Ribadu. An I ask why?

Whats his plan for the country?

Its sad we dont vote based on how 'solid' the aspirants plans are. Do they even have any plans at all? Do they think Presidency is something they can just dream about and think 'God' will make them win? Then Chris Okotie should have been president two times over.

I feel very sad about the kinds of leaders we'll keep producing in years to come. I weep inside over the visionless leaders we have. O

So, the question we should be asking is, 'What plans does he have for Nigeria?' and 'How good are those plans'

Lets get these answered before going to the ballot, whether it Ribadu of Babangida or Buhari or ME!!!

By the way, what the diifference anyway? Same ole set of thieving thieves( except me now)

ok so why should people vote for Goodluck? There is nothing about him anyone likes- are ND/ southerners not voting for him because hes from the South?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by downunder: 11:03pm On Aug 20, 2010
Depilot, thanks for your response. I understand the concern of Nigerians like you, but the truth remains that most of us are more likely to vote for established entities whether or not they have the wisdom and drive to get us out of our current wilderness. For example, would you rather vote for a man or woman who has a reputation of being a good councilor, principal, etc whether or not he or she has money to spread around (buy your vote). The problem with Nigeria is in Nigeria and only Nigerians can salvage our country from this menace. Do you have the gut to come out and organize demonstration against our established tyrants? We are not talking of preventing them from running for office as it is their constitutional right, but to enlighten ill informed Nigerians on the need not to allow these people ruin Nigeria as more than they have. There are still credible people in Nigeria, and if you assert that the reverse is the case, you must be wallowing in the depth of ignorance. The truth is that the machinery that controls our political parties is such that continually uses religion, tribe etc to insinuate a chaotic political environment that produces one loser: the average Nigerian. There is undoubtedly no easy way of our current quagmire, but I do believe that one possible solution is for our minor parties to join hands and form a coalition. In doing so, a strong opposition will hold the incumbent government to greater accountability and stand a better chance of taking over government if the government in power reneges on its electoral promises. Another solution is for people like you and I to pres our representatives to introduce a bill in parliament aimed at campaign reform. This law if enforced would ensure that excessive spending by politicians during primaries is curtailed. This would work better in a two party state where the political parties will mount checks and balances machinery to checkmate the financial recklessness of the other and a candidate found guilty of same barred from contesting that election. Electoral courts (tribunal as we call them) can umpire in cases of electoral campaign irregularities.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Babosa: 1:48am On Aug 21, 2010
Please does anyone know; (i) what year Nuhu Ribadu was called to the Bar? (ii) what he was doing in BPE before he was appointed to EFCC?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by johnie: 6:36am On Aug 21, 2010
Ribadu never worked for BPE. He was in the Police Force before going to start EFCC. He only used the BPE office before he got an office for EFCC.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Fhemmmy: 6:46am On Aug 21, 2010
I was on this site

http://actioncongressng.org/elections.html

Nothing to show that Ribadu has been nominated as the flag-bearer
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 21, 2010
Sorry to say Ribadu is a tool in the hands of PDP ,if ACN should accept him then ,the same thing that happened to AD will repeat itself.
Who granted Ribadu pardon?, guess thats something to ponder on.Ribadu is just a PDP pawn to heat up the political environment  and thats what he has been used for by OBJ.Rememer OBJ is still the Chairman BOA (PDP)

People Please dont get carried away, Ribadu will always be a pawn
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Fhemmmy: 6:56am On Aug 21, 2010
^^^ I will just like to know what party he is running for.
Na wa for this Nija oh, election is coming soon and yet we dont know who and who are running
So pathetically pathetic
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Kobojunkie: 7:00am On Aug 21, 2010
The site does not look like it has been updated in a long while,
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Fhemmmy: 7:06am On Aug 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

The site does not look like it has been updated in a long while,

I noticed that as well, and yet that is a national party in out homeland.
Also, in a time like this, i would expect them to know that people would be visiting their site and at least update on a daily basis or at least as information is available, but that is if they even have any protocol for information sharing.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Kobojunkie: 7:10am On Aug 21, 2010
If Ribadu were really flag bearer, I think the question that I would ask is how was he chosen? Was there a vote or something ? Honestly, AC and the other non PDP parties out there do not seem to care much about getting to the Nigerian people. I don't think they care to introduce themselves to us. Maybe they are too convinced that we will vote for them no matter what.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by KnowAll(m): 7:38am On Aug 21, 2010
[size=14pt]
Has Ribadu formally  declared his bid OR is this all sepeculations.[/size]
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by ow11(m): 7:53am On Aug 21, 2010
With No internal party democracy, How do we expect the flagbearer to be democratic? All this adoption and nomination is downright irritating! Didn't we see the Clinton/Obama fight for votes?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by afrika(f): 8:25am On Aug 21, 2010
I am sorry to say this but, the earlier we get this in our head the better for us all.

One day of exposure for all Nigerians/youths to europe/US , that would help our mental and pschological thinking better.

I was in Belgium the other tiime when i met one african guy in a supermarket. After wandering round the supermarket looking for a particular thing, we jammed ourselves at the counter. it was funny, cos, he was an hausa man while i am a full born fresh igbo guy. I didnt recognise him as per but minded my bizness. It was only when my fone rang that i negiotiated into the normal pigin that this man, after paying off his bills, tapped me at the back. Bros, how now? e bi like say, u be my broda? u bi naija now, where u dey hide for hia? and so on. For outside, we turn brodas and sis but when we come into the country, we start differientiating.

There is nothing like the yoruba, hausa, or igbo. There are no particular people designed to ruled this country. Going by the way, u people talk, we dont really need an hausa man to rule.
I was shuttlin down to sokoto to connect niamey. On reaching the so called boundry, i saw cattles migrating from niger to nigeria. secondly, they passed without any question. We finally gave them way and continued our dear journey. Into niger, one of the villages, malady or sometin like that, the cab i took packed at the side, and went to meet some well sitted policemen at the road side. He showed them his papers and documents concerning us and all before they let him.(no bribe, no exchange,no laughing) it was work to checkmate strangers from a the 3rd most poorest country in the WORLD.

Thia, this people are strict and hostle and there is a checker for strangers. but the northerners have opened a wider arm for this niger people so teh, they are the ones ruling the country today in nigeria.

they say, bring suya, bring suya, but na for nnama body. make e dey our mind so. this politics, we are fighting for this men, that would end up dumbing u or end up giving u 200,000 niara to forget u. they have their kids in US waiting for their fathers to get to the position before they come down to take a position in government house to rule us again,
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 21, 2010
The real truth is, whoever wins the PDP ticket will DEFINITELY win the 2011 presidentian election, either by legal votes or by legal rigging and their is nothing anybody can do about it, It is between two PDP heavyweights in the Persons of IBB and GEJ. Atiku is a joke and has always been. He does not have the support of his state,even the PDP has not granted him membership. Buhari is TOO desperate to be president, he lost it all when he left ANPP for CDC (a very unpopular political party). As for Ribadu, the last time i checked, he didn't publicly state his membership of a political party, so ACN giving him their ticket on a platter of gold shows how weak the ACN party is. Full of ex-Ribadu critics, corrupt old lagos attention seekers of politicians receiving sympathy from the Lagos dominated media (Especially PM News).In fact, Ribadu himself knows it that ACN can NEVER win (with or without rigging) election in the SS (Even Edo/Oshiomole support IBB), SE, NORTH,MIDDLE BELT and SW (with exception of Lagos). Infact the incumbent Governor of Kano state, malam Ibrahim Shekarau of ANPP have a brighter chance than Ribadu and his ACN jokers.

All in all, the PDP primaries will reveal the Next President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by JUO(m): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2010
true talk
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by deols(f): 10:49am On Aug 21, 2010
Ribadu has a big shot because he did well when he took office as EFCC chairman whereas Jonathan has nothing much to show for his stay in office and we of course dont want any of the old soldiers anymore.

The above is enough reason to vote Ribadu. the illiterates in the southwest listen to news paper reports in Yoruba reviews, and are aware of what Ribadu did. he'll get a large population of civil servants and elites as well as the north if competing with Jonathan.

I believe so much in him. I hope he wins!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 21, 2010
deols:

Ribadu has a big shot because he did well when he took office as EFCC chairman whereas Jonathan has nothing much to show for his stay in office and we of course dont want any of the old soldiers anymore.

The above is enough reason to vote Ribadu. the illiterates in the southwest listen to news paper reports in Yoruba reviews, and are aware of what Ribadu did. he'll get a large population of civil servants and elites as well as the north if competing with Jonathan.

I believe so much in him. I hope he wins!
Thank God you said "hope", unfortunately, Nigeria is not a country when election is won by hope,
JUO:

true talk
Thank you brother
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by babamoha(m): 11:43am On Aug 21, 2010
We should all have it in mind that the office of president of Nigeria is not the same has the office of the sug president of any higher institution so ACN and co should be mindful of their candidate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Victor No Vanquished - How true? / Fuel Hike Makes Deltans To Pay Higher Price In Delta State Govt Urban Transport / How Much Money Do You Think Was In The Bullion Vans At Tinubu's House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.