Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,530 members, 7,888,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:12 PM

Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. (8058 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / 2019; The PDP Presidential Flag Bearer Might Likely Be; / Shekarau Might Emerge APC Presidential Flag-Bearer In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by kobikwelu(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2010
this election basically boils down to two candidates,

jonathan and IBB

if (and its a big morraf *c uking if) jonathan decides to contest, it would be a landslide)

if jonathan decides not to contest, then IBB gets the ticket and yet again it would be a landslide,

a local adage puts it berra: the yam and knife dey PDP hand
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by olufunmibi(m): 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2010
There was a time top dignitaries from the united states came visiting IBB, supposedly for condolence visit. Obama also showed some solidarity support for

Jonathan in his early days in office, the U.K is there too , pulling their strings. Guys, where is ribadu in the international equation? and can somebody

enlighten me on who is favoured by the international community in the forthcoming election?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Beaf: 11:07pm On Aug 21, 2010
olufunmibi:

There was a time top dignitaries from the united states came visiting IBB, supposedly for condolence visit. Obama also showed some solidarity support for

Jonathan in his early days in office, the U.K is there too , pulling their strings. Guys, where is ribadu in the international equation? and can somebody

enlighten me on who is favoured by the international community in the forthcoming election?

Read this;
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/10/why-us-favours-jonathan-for-2011/
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by forpeace: 11:08pm On Aug 21, 2010
olufunmibi:

Jonathan in his early days in office, the U.K is there too , pulling their strings. Guys, where is ribadu in the international equation?  and can somebody

obama or uk will not come and vote for you. .vote and select your leaders
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Becomrich0: 1:55am On Aug 22, 2010
pukkah , you said Olapade Agoro contest. how can you compare with me with Olapade Agoro. is Olapade Agoro know for fighting for yoruba people,  no.  let me just joke with you.  Imagine what Odua people congress would do to you , if you claim I lost. They would send you all into exile. I can not loss against Jonathan in Yorubaland. It is an abomination.

Look I am telling you that the PDP all over nigeria can go and rent the holy ghost camp of the redeem for 1 day, they cant find people to fill it up.

Yorubaland is not in the hands of the PDP. we know what the Yoruba people want, freedom. And you now talk of PDP and compare it with thier freedom.  I am telling all PDP member would go on exile.   Even if I run in egba land or ijebu land, I cant loss. Olu falae won against Obasanjo an egbaman in Egbaland.  Do you want to know why. ?  If you dont stand up for yoruba people. Yorubas dont stand up for you. Do you know when they say he he, do you know what they call ipeku. that what i know they use to send people into exile. they say when you see lodogbo chasing Lokili. then there is trouble.
I can not loss against Jonathan in Yorubaland. It is an abomination.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by nduchucks: 3:02am On Aug 22, 2010
When did Ribadu become a member of the ACN party? How many ACN governors do we have in the country?

Given the realities on ground, it is impossible for ACN to win the presidential elections of 2011 as its obvious to educated observers. Why then will Ribadu decide to contest under the umbrella of ACN? This story would have been more believable if we are told that Ribadu has joined PDP and plans to run for the office of President. Ribadu is no fool, ACN and Tinubu should look within for their candidate - Ribadu will not join their party.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by gadgetdeal(m): 4:47am On Aug 22, 2010
UUm strange, it appears most people think there will be elections in Nigeria, instead of the normal selection. I hope there is an election where real votes counts, i will be watching and see what happens
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by xman044: 8:17am On Aug 22, 2010
Nuru Ribadu would has been the President if he still have the support of the PDP but at these present state of the politics Game; Jonathan has won the settings of the show; think of it, he succeeded the past president, he has full backing from south south, He belongs to PDP, He is mature in politics, he has paint he way for the people I would have voted for Nuru But looking at the situation of things, Jonathan can also give in much the country needs.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by maxproxl: 9:42am On Aug 22, 2010
Its so unfortunate that we’re already thinkin of riggin even b4 d election. Ribadu is a good candidate with pedigree, integrity and vision. He has a chance to sweep a bulk of d votes if he runs with a notable name from d southwest. Its high time we do away with religion, tribe & status in our politics. Though not in support of AC but as a fan of OBJ, I will cast my vote for Ribadu. To topple pdp, other parties shld merge & come up with a Northerner & South west ticket. Obj allowed multiple parties as a way of overcomin d opposition. Its so sad that they didn’t realize his plan

Ribadu was key to d emergence of yaradua as d pdp flag-bearer in 2007. obj ordered him to scrutinize all pdp governors & yaradua came 1st as d most transparent & scandal-free. Then Donald duke and peter odili were already campaignin. Obj told them to step down. Duke obeyed & didn’t decamp. Odili went to aso-rock to persuade obj but later listened & still remained a loyal party member.

Obj also told babangida, maruwa, gusau & ahigbe(all military men) to step down so as not to be disgraced. IBB as a smart man obeyed. Ahigbe, maruwa, gusau, jerry gana, sarah jubril all had meager votes. I watched it live. Yaradua had over 3000 votes with Rochas Okorocha comin 2nd with about 370votes.

Wot am I sayin. To win election in Nigeria, u av to be very strategic with choices. Obj is a genious. He knew only a yaradua and south south ticket was best to win buhari(ANPP) and atiku(AC). Atiku would av been president if not for his feud with obj. right now pdp is confused because they all agreed in 2007 dat d north must rule for 8-years.

Other parties shld capitalize on this. Don’t be surprised if jonathan refuses to run because this man is not really a politician & he is very loyal to d pdp board of trusteed headed by obj. I think d best option for pdp is BUKOLA SARAKI. He is a Northerner, Yoruba, Fulani, muslim, Christian all at d same time. He is young(under 50) and connected to d private sector. d Dangotes, Otedolas, Adenugas, most bank ceos are all his friends. He is d chairman governors forum. He’s dad is influential in d north. He was d closest governor to yaradua(with katsina state governor). Dis is d best option for pdp. If he partners with ROCHAS OKOROCHA or DONAL DUKE, pdp will sweep over 70% of d votes without rigging. Okorocha and duke also av good track records, they are highly connected too and will attract large votes from the south-south & south east.

I wish ribadu luck but he cant win. Atiku and babangida cant even win pdp primaries. They shld go to other parties. Buhari can never win. We need young men of vision. To conclude, irrespective of party, religion, tribe, a DONALD DUKE and TUNDE FASHOLA is d best ticket for NIGERIA. May God help us
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Redman44(m): 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2010
I am impressed with the various brilliant analyses on this thread. We need great leaders in order to pull Nigeria out of her current state of underdevelopment and hopelessness. I just want great leaders in office and I won't mind if a Northerner or Southerner emerges as our president in 2011. I believe it is high time the PDP is defeated at the National polls. The Party has a lot of non performing governors. The Action Congress of Nigeria needs to work harder to make its presence felt in other parts of the country rather than the South West and Middle Belt areas alone. Seriously, why can't the Labour Party and the Action Party merge together and strive to win in all the South West states next year? It is a shame that it is when elections are around that our parties start canvassing for the votes of the masses. Building support for Party manifestoes is a daily thing. How many of us ordinary Nigerians are card carrying members of our parties i.e PDP, ACN, ANPP, LP etc? Our politicians deliberately schemed us out of becoming party members because they know we would have the chance to choose credible flag bearers if we are involved in party primaries. I am looking forward to the 2011 elections at all levels. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Pennywise(m): 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2010
@OP
I am a southerner who positively detest the Northern political establishment. However Nuhu Ribadu gets my vote before any known southern politician. Thanks.

Re Maxpro_xl- U are welcome to NL. Note that unnecessary waste of space like u have done while posting is against forum rules and can get you banned and kicked out. Thanks.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2010
olufunmibi:

how many votes do they have in our elections?

[size=18pt]0[/size]

and thats whether by rigging or free and fair elections.
0 no more no less
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by MrToro: 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2010
Ribadu is a good candidate with pedigree, integrity and vision. I will vote him if he contests
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by graceamara(f): 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by homerac7: 9:54am On Aug 23, 2010
but come to think of it, who among d presidential aspirant is talking about d fundamental issues as federal structure reform and constitutional conference? i am strongly opined dt those matters r d true way forward for nigeria as anything else will just be junketing. if any of d candidates ca promise to implement hese, i will not just vote but mobilize as many as i touch to vote for him/ her.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by sley4life(m): 9:58am On Aug 23, 2010
obj go threat ribadu 4k up
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by TheClown: 11:21am On Aug 23, 2010
Take it or leave it, the only way out for Nigeria and her future generation is a people's revolution, and then, true federalism. Democracy in a country with decayed roots is a recyclement of corrupt leaders. Even if Obama is brought from US to come and rule us, the people will still suffer. The head can be as beautiful as ever but truth remains that its sitting on a decaying trunk with fully decayed roots!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by homerac7: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2010
@ d clown

dts exactly wat i am talkin abt. sying away fundamental reforms like federalism restructure and constitutional conference is like playn d ostrich. we will only go round circle
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by xman044: 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2010
one thing i am not so such of is credible election in Nigeria, since Nigeria Got the democracy rule has there been any thing call credible election i don't think so, the sit his been monitored by people who has gaining from it ; so forget the fact of credibility. one thing i just believe in is to looking for brave men who could that up challenge and stand in the gap for reformation in Nigeria, which the only hardest way.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Becomes Acn Presidential Flag Bearer. by disnaijguy: 3:07am On Sep 01, 2010
Interestingly I watched a recent interview of Barrister Festus Keyamo where he made very strong allegations against Nuhu Ribadu regarding his asset declaration case and accusations of double standards when he was EFCC chairman. Keyamo pointed out categorically that Nuhu Ribadu did not declare his assets and failed to hold himself accountable to the same standards he held the people he prosecuted. In as much as I disagree with some of Keyamo's antics, I agree with him when he says he cannot see anything Nuhu Ribadu has done to warrant his hero status or his bid for the office of president of Nigeria. He did the job he was appointed to do, but does that automatically qualify him for presidency? I think not. and please don't tell me about him being the lesser of 2 evils.

to watch the rather blunt interview of Festus Keyamo, go to http://www.greatnigeria.tv/video/116/The-Bottom-Line-Festus-Keyamo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Debate On Mrs. Aisha Ahmad's Choice Of Dressing ( Deputy Governor Of CBN,) / HELP !... Who Is The Man Standing Beside YARADUA In This Picture? / Tinubu's Wife Is A Pastor In The Church And A Muslim At Home - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.