Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,759 members, 7,905,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:56 PM

No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew (26061 Views)

Owo Attack: Women Summon God Of Iron & War To Get Justice For Worshippers / Justus Mogekwu: Ban Christians Without PVCs From Holy Communion / Father Matthew Kukah Is A Bast*rd - Bashir El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by stanliwise(m): 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
hoopLA:

As far as his action was under the pulpit then it nullifies whatever intent he may have had.
Using the threat of denying communion is never the way.
Christ that we say we serve never put any obstacles in our way before healing anyone or blessing anyone or saving anyone.

That is my point.

People neglecting politics is an entirely different matter.

I still insist that there are better ways of passing the message of getting to vote than threatening withdrawal of communion. For instance sensitization could be carried out in various groups within the church like youth wing, men and women's fellowships etc. Spread the word there and make the congregation see logical reason to vote.

Issuing threats from the pulpits gives a coloration of partisanship for neutral observers which does not speak well of the clergy.
You're over reacting... The threat too important until he carries out the action, he may have said it to show his seriousness on ensure his member participate in politics. Yes, other better means exist like you mentioned but again the issue of politics has disempowered the common citizen. All pastors should quit the idea of separating politics and Christianity instead they should start preaching how christain should see politics from the angle of Christianity.
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by stanliwise(m): 8:37pm On Feb 03, 2019
Ategberoson:

look at this down syndrome man exonerating himself from the class of imbeciles he belong to

how can a MOG intimidate his church member with their spiritual rites just to sound as a patriot or politically correct. very dumb thing
your uncultured manner show your level of reasoning. Like I said before you're irredeemable by any man. only God can help you.
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2019
surevik:
Haha! Too late, this would have been done during registration, how will you own a PVC when you never registered and how can you register when registration is over?

God Bless You.
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by dododawa1: 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2019
Only one tribe take this ELECTION as do or die,because CORRUPTION is in their blood group.EASY winning for SAI BABA.
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by Ategberoson(m): 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2019
stanliwise:
your uncultured manner show your level of reasoning. Like I said before you're irredeemable by any man. only God can help you.

see cultured man? I guess irredeemable is what you use to acknowledged your people since is a cultured word

you're not in the class of people that can engage me with words here. go and meet your mates
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by BobJames1(f): 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2019
Foolish Rev rascal.

Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by hoopLA: 8:41pm On Feb 03, 2019
stanliwise:
You're over reacting... The threat too important until he carries out the action, he may have said it to show his seriousness on ensure his member participate in politics. Yes, other better means exist like you mentioned but again the issue of politics has disempowered the common citizen. All pastors should quit the idea of separating politics and Christianity instead they should start preaching how christain should see politics from the angle of Christianity.

Lol.

If you think I'm overreacting then that's your opinion.

It is still wrong to threaten people with denial of worship rites, whatever you may say.
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by stanliwise(m): 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2019
seunmsg:

Apart from the fact that he’s very partisan, there is no biblical reference to deny church members holy communion because of pvc. At this rate, PDP pastors will start telling their members that no more prayers without pvc. Mixing religion with partisan politics will never end well. Leaders of the other religions are watching. They can also politicize their message.
stop acting this way... You bluntly avoid answering my question and again how was PDP mentioned here. Did the news says he told his member to vote PDP. The statement that killings has increased, is it not true?.
As much as his action maybe wrong does it mean telling his member to carry out their civil responsibility is wrong?

Also the threat that he will not give communion is only a threat until he carries out the action. The over-reaction and insult is uncalled for.
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by ogyunging(m): 8:51pm On Feb 03, 2019
Utter bollocks, it concerns me not anyway. I feel sad for those who need the communion but will be denied due to circumstances beyond their control. Politics and religion don't mix like phallus meji ninu pabo kan. My people should use their brain, its not rocket science.
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by eluelu: 8:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
Spiritual Understanding is key to draw Light from Scripture.

Simply, Go to your house and take your own communion. There were no special bread or drink Jesus used for communion with his disciples. He simply took from the drink and bread they where eating and serving on the table

So u can use even biscuits and soft drink for communion at home as long as u blessed it

God bless us
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by kareemkamil(m): 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2019
hmmm
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by Fadomero(m): 8:59pm On Feb 03, 2019
very soon now without PVC person no go fit enta heaven
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 03, 2019
Well said. Every sane Nigerian — except zombies — must leave no stone unturned to send the lifeless one, a chronic nepotist and tribal bigot, back to his cows in Daura. Let's all purge every spirit of lifelessness, of Buharism (hardship) from Nigeria!
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by ogbonti: 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2019
layzie:
I think this is wrong in all ramifications

So he should not remind the faithfuls to go vote out the blood sucking demon and Futa Jallon terrorist who waged a holy war against christians for the past 3 years plus?
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by deboysben(m): 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2019
kolafolabi:
Reverend Father Kwaggas Matthew is ATIKULATED
lol hilarious
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by CaptainFM1: 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
Imohowo99:
Man of God don carry d tinz of God wit politic....Light and darkness cn nt joint 2 gether....unles d agress

Religions and Politics are Siamese twins.
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by barinedan(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2019
But banning people without PVC from taking is ungodly, the pastor should persuade and not compel them

1 Like

Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by aalangel(f): 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
......and who says you can't take Comunion in your Living room?
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by fogechi: 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2019
Ategberoson:

just listen to yourself. you're talking about church law and at the same time exonerating the man mindset speech

you made a statement as what exactly and that's my QST? are you his church member or you were there when he made his speech? what would the church member do if he insist on no PVC, no communion?

Read my previous post. My parish priest made such comment last week. He said dont come to church without pvc and if u find your way inside the church without pvc then no communion...everybody started laughing.

Its just a way to encourage people to vote.

No priest on earth not even the pope can deny you communion because of pvc
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by fogechi: 9:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
Ategberoson:

are you his spokeswoman or the church mouthpiece?

how you people think you can talk on peoples behalf here is really comical.

a man of God endorsing a politician at the detriment of intimidating his church members spiritual rites and all you could say is to be speaking on his behalf. now go and read the content again

All these bloggers sometimes blow things out of proportion
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by Aboks(m): 9:27pm On Feb 03, 2019
Rev father oya come take ur share of national cake olosho!

Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by fyneguy: 9:28pm On Feb 03, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

Reason before you talk..

Vote out evil administration that promotes hunger and blood shed.... Get involved in politics

Are you implying that the Catholic Church is forcing their members to vote against Buhari? Please confirm this.
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by okenwa101(m): 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
OhiOfIhima:
Father! This is myopic idea. Can you tell us where it was stated in Bible Sir. We should try and separate Religion from politics. It is highly ungodly.

Foolish questions!!!
Can you state in bible where it said you must eat food, after all the bible said man can not live by food alone. Ike nsi
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2019
OhiOfIhima:
Father! This is myopic idea. Can you tell us where it was stated in Bible Sir. We should try and separate Religion from politics. It is highly ungodly.
It is the decision taken by Parish Council Committee of St Matthew Catholic Kubwa
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by homirefacuny(m): 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2019
elhafeez:
They have taken the matter to church. There is plot to chritianize Nigeria.

Come on!
I want to assume that's sarcasm....we all know the truth!
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by jaytee01(m): 9:50pm On Feb 03, 2019
AnanseK:
I have PVC but I will not help in bringing the looters back. I will not help in resuscitation of Boko Haram by returning PDP to loot the security fund. I will not vote for those who promised to sell Nigeria to themselves. I will not vote for those with immoral lifestyles condemned by God himself. I will not vote for criminals. It is 4+4 . We are moving to the next level.
No problem, but no sane Nigerian will join you to vote for a jihadist bigot who is bent on opening up the country's borders to his foreign demonic kinsmen whose favourite pastime is murder and pillage.
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:04pm On Feb 03, 2019
fyneguy:

Are you implying that the Catholic Church is forcing their members to vote against Buhari? Please confirm this.

It's not by force to receive communion...

No force involved anywhere
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by jaytee01(m): 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
seunmsg:
Another rogue pastor on the loose. Where is it in the Bible that you must come with your pvc before partaking in the holy communion?

Christianity has really gone to the dogs. It’s either pastors are using the pulpit to defraud members or supporting crooked politicians for selfish reasons. Sadly, so many sheeples are still following them.

What’s even the benefit of eating bread without yeast and drinking zobo without sugar? The pastor can shove the poo down his crooked ass.
You are the rogue here. So until he campaigns for dementia afflicted bigot of a god that you will concede that he also has a right to hold an opinion on who to vote?

The priest was even encouraging people to vote for a candidate of their choice.
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by OCHULORC(m): 10:16pm On Feb 03, 2019
The guy is ATIKULATED already
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by baratech: 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2019
Nice development
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by noskcid(m): 11:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
Rogersmith:

Politics is not darkness the characters are.

my brother bring an angel from heaven to do politics, that angel will be corrupt.
Re: No Communion For Worshippers Without Pvcs - Father Matthew by Shaev7(m): 11:10pm On Feb 03, 2019
Point of correction, he might use it to preach doesn't mean he will deny lay faithful Holy Communion because of PVC. lol. Nah. Priest won't do that. The person that wrote this news was at the Mass and he knew the priest was making a point but he the carrier transmitted the info wrongly. Like my Priest today said, "if you love your country and the poor and the dying around you, get your PVC and vote."
The message/homily for today in the Church is 'Love' as St. Paul wrote to the Corinthians...
So don't think a Priest will do such.
Happy New week.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Delta Women Protest Over Lockdown Extension In The State (Photos) / Seun Kuti Calls Buhari An Evil Man!!! / How Buhari Shut The Mouth Of ‘blood Suckers’ In Nigeria – Northern Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.