Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,304 members, 7,977,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 04:13 PM

The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) - Culture (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (135882 Views)

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / Does Culture Define The Way Nigerian Men Act In Relationships To A Large Extent? / Colonial Alaigbo (Igboland) in Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Obiagu1(m): 11:33pm On Sep 07, 2010
What pisses me off are those that NEVER lived in Alaigbo talk as if they know the REAL Igbo world. Their CAMPAIGN for division has become incessant. What goes on in their SICK and probably miserable lives in not in existence on the ground.

I’m sure their social lives revolve only on the internet.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 11:35pm On Sep 07, 2010
Abadaba, you keep claiming that, but not once have you ever been able to state why. Even, my NL post history counters your 'animosity' claims, yet, like a bandwagoner, you run your mouth.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by experience(m): 11:38pm On Sep 07, 2010
ezeagu:

Summarised:

Omabala, Nri, Onicha, Enugwu, Owerre, Obigbo, Ngwa, Mbaise, Ugwuta, Aro, Igbene, Igbanke, Ika, Asaba, Aboh, Ehugbo, Etiti.

Dalu. This will serve as a provisional list till more revisions come.

Welldone
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Obiagu1(m): 11:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
Chinenye, if I could curse you, I'd do that. This will show you how I resent you.
You're EVIL.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 11:39pm On Sep 07, 2010
PhysicsQED:

*Sigh*

Mr. Onlytruth, its clear you're not really understanding me. Edo people, and some other minorites, unlike some jealous minorities in the former Eastern region, are extremely disinterested in taking sides, and were not involved and could not have been involved in any 'gang-up" against Biafra without Biafran provocation. To this day I won't bat an eye if Igbos decide to stay or leave, but since it obviously pains them to stay, and since they have a very strong case for leaving, I say they should have their own country. So its not that I require one Nigeria or even one Nigeria with Igbos, it's just that for me and many other minorities a country like Nigeria could be something greater than the individual constituents.

Obviously some people can think that Nigeria is too big to fail (but obviously it has already), while others can think it's too big to work. This doesn't mean that if you're an optimist and think it can eventually work, and be more than a geographical amalgamation, that you staunchly OPPOSE the self-determination drives of its constituent members, it only means that you much more strongly support a possible giant. With regard to the Edo people you could even view this in relation to the Benin Empire- why be your own Monaco, when you can be part of Germany/Russia/U.K., etc.?

That really explains a big part of why there isn't a mass minority secession movement and Idomas, Igalas, Urhobos, Itsekiris, Nupes, etc,  aren't all up in arms for their own (somewhat impractical) states.

As for the axis thing I only mentioned that because it is a very real fact, which Biafran propagandists will have to sit and think deeply about how to overcome, that people like Ika Igbos or Ikwerres seem disinclined to even admitting Igboness and joining the wider Igbo cause, which is why you need to win them over diplomatically, or else opposing forces  (no, not Edos, or other disinterested minorities really, but possibly a combination of Northerners (who control the military) allied with jealous minorities and/or  opportunists and profiteers) might attempt another "police action" if you try and incorporate them into Biafra.

Like I said, its not about not wanting to leave Nigeria. It's more about there being little impetus for those minorities watching from the sidelines to promote their own secession or that of other groups of people or join that of others, when the alternative-the successful development of Nigeria into a stable and prosperous nation-is a clear and possible impetus for remaining in Nigeria.

All the bolded are boldfaced lies, and I will prove it.

So, the "minorities" only concern with joining a Biafra according to you, is their preference for a bigger country with a better chance of success, right?

Isn't it contrary to the same minority feelings that Igbo hardly fail in any endeavors which is the motive of the jealousy?
More importantly, in this context as "bigger" is presumed to mean "succeessful"; Aren't there "smaller" countries like Switzerland that are richer than "bigger" countries like Pakistan?
Isn't Switzerland more stable and successful than Afghanistan and Pakistan?
In Africa, is Botswana not more successful than DRC, or Somalia (with a long sea coast)?

So, unless you are telling me that Edo state is controlled by illiterates, or that in the 50 year history of Nigeria, that Edo state has been the most developed and progressive state, then, I have to suspect your claims.
More importantly, I have to suspect what you would do if you notice that Igbo would soon successfully pull out of Nigeria.

What I'm doing is identifying possible saboteurs or potential enemies of a seceding Igbo nation.

That really explains a big part of why there isn't a mass minority secession movement and Idomas, Igalas, Urhobos, Itsekiris, Nupes, etc,  aren't all up in arms for their own (somewhat impractical) states.

Yes, the minorities don't want to secede alone because they will fail as nations. They don't have the spirit to sustain a viable nation on their own. Let's be honest. If they did, they would not have fought against Biafra. They would have been busy seceding. So, what I hate is that such minorities don't want to secede, but they would work with Hausas or whoever is trying to stop Igbo from seceding.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Obiagu1(m): 11:41pm On Sep 07, 2010
@ experience,

I've you reviewed the districts we had before in Biafra and found any problem with that?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by AndreUweh(m): 11:42pm On Sep 07, 2010
@ChinenyeN:In your over 2,000 posts, have you at any time advocated for Igbo unity. All your post is who hates Ngwa, why Ngwa is different, why we should not co exist with our other Igbo groups.
For christ sake, please stop it. It is not in me to insult Igbo people whom I so much adore and cherish.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 11:44pm On Sep 07, 2010
Obiagu1, I won't bother with you. It's clear you're only bandwagoning and that you truly don't understand the foundation for why Onlytruth and co. had (at least, I thought this issue was long over) a problem with me.

Andre Uweh, you've seen many of my posts on NL. For you to ask such a question reveals how selective your memory can be. Go through my NL post history for yourself. Stop asking silly questions, that you already have the answers to.

. . . next thing I know, you all will claim that I'm always starting up 'Ngwa nonsense' when Onlytruth directly revived this 'ChinenyeN' issue himself (as other people have in other cases).
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Obiagu1(m): 11:50pm On Sep 07, 2010
ChinenyeN:

First of all, Onlytruth, you don't know me, so you don't know my "intentions" , if any (and I don't have any "intentions", unless you want to go ahead and declare my "intentions" for me). Second, I never called you clueless. Go back and reread for comprehension. Third, let us all be realistic about our situation here, so that we can come up with a realistic resolution. Lastly, calm down. As an Igbo, I have just as much right to discuss this issue as you do, no matter how 'clannish' you perceive me to be.

Do you know how many times you've repeated this phrase or something similar?
It's obvious you're not intelligent; you think you are clever than you are, when called out, next “You don't know me or my intentions".
The thing is you're EVIL.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 11:52pm On Sep 07, 2010
Obiagu1, it's okay. You should relax yourself and don't worry yourself about jumping into a case you're ignorant of.

For the rest of you (you know you you are), you all are making this about me again. You all have restarted this [supposedly dead] issue. So none of you should turn around claiming me to have done this.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Obiagu1(m): 11:54pm On Sep 07, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Obiagu1, it's okay. You should relax yourself and don't worry yourself about jumping into a case you're ignorant of.

I'm not, I've read like 80% of your posts.
I'm new but I've been in the background for way too long.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 11:59pm On Sep 07, 2010
That is doubtful, Obiagu1, because if you had, you would know how much you are in the wrong, in this case, but it's okay. I really have no problem with you in particular, other than you bandwagoning, and so I won't bother with you.

Just to remind you all, for the third time, I cannot be blamed for the revisiting of this [supposedly dead] issue.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Abagworo(m): 12:07am On Sep 08, 2010
Some of us here have not really interacted with the various Igbo clans but have drawn our maps adding them to a proposed Igbo country.There is no need to attack chinenyen because he is frank in his approach to issues.when I wrote northern and eastern igbos I meant the entire anambra,orlu,mbaise,etiti and mbano area of imo,arochukwu,bende,ohafia,igbere,abiriba,nkporo,alayi,ozuitem etc.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 12:08am On Sep 08, 2010
@ PhysicsQED

In between the points I raised, you would see why I had to seriously listen to the minorities who say they would want to join Biafra. And not just listen to them, but make provisions to accommodate them if I want to ensure that none of them work with a ONE NIGERIANIST to keep me in the Nigerian gulag.

After I have extinguished most of the chances of sabotage by making diplomatic offers and concessions to neighboring minorities where applicable, I would then get ready to asymmetrically neutralize your police action.  cool
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Obiagu1(m): 12:09am On Sep 08, 2010
@ Onlytruth

Just as I was about to post this. funny

Abagworo is probably ChinenyeN or his younger brother. I can bet $100 on this.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by AndreUweh(m): 12:13am On Sep 08, 2010
Obiagu1:

@ Onlytruth

They are different.
Abagworo is a little bit older like 28/29. While Abagworo has Igbo feelings, the other lacks it.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Obiagu1(m): 12:14am On Sep 08, 2010
Andre Uweh:

They are different.
Abagworo is a little bit older like 28/29.  While Abagworo has Igbo feelings, the other lacks it.

Compare their posts, you'll be shocked. The only difference is that Abagworo uses no paragraph and less punctuations.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 12:15am On Sep 08, 2010
Obiagu1:

@ Onlytruth

grin grin grin lol.

Abagworo disappoints me a lot here. It is well though.

@Abagworo,

Believe you me, I have interacted extensively with ALL IGBO groups. I cannot dwell on things that divide us if I want to be an Igbo leader one day. One cute chic from Mbano gave me the booth when I was in secondary school. Her reasons, I was an Anambra boy. This happened in Onitsha.
But, I was a student activist on the Igbo cause at UNN, and I worked with Igbo from Ebonyi, Abia, Agbor(Delta), Imo and Enugu.
I am from Anambra as you know.
I am not unaware of those. I am only angered by the emphasis on them.
Anyone who dwells on them has no business discussing Igbo land boundary matters on the internet. cool
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by asha80(m): 12:16am On Sep 08, 2010
Abagworo  
Insert Quote
Some of us here have not really interacted with the various Igbo clans but have drawn our maps adding them to a proposed Igbo country.There is no need to attack chinenyen because he is frank in his approach to issues.when I wrote northern and eastern igbos I meant the entire anambra,orlu,mbaise,etiti and mbano area of imo,arochukwu,bende,ohafia,igbere,abiriba,nkporo,alayi,ozuitem etc.

Bros you seem to be mixing issues here.Mbaise,etiti and mbano dominating groups?Mbaise with all their educationg and numerity advantage in imo state cannot even dominate politics in imo state let alone a bigger entity?

Etiti where i am from a dominating people   More like laid back.Dominating indeed.

By the way how is mbaise,etiti and mbano 'northern' or 'eastern'

i hope it is not paranoia that is setting in here.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by chyz(m): 12:17am On Sep 08, 2010
asha 80:

Bros you seem to be mixing issues here.Mbaise,etiti and mbano dominating groups?Mbaise with all their educationg and numerity advantage in imo state cannot even dominate politics in imo state let alone a bigger entity?

Etiti where i am from a dominating people   More like laid back.Dominating indeed.

By the way how is mbaise,etiti and mbano 'northern' or 'eastern'

i hope it is not paranoia that is setting in here.

I believe mbaise is southern Igbo
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 12:17am On Sep 08, 2010
Andre, that's untrue. I do have Igbo sentiment. Otherwise, I would not be so engaged in topics concerning the Igbo, and you would not see me using the phrases "us", or "we Igbo", as I often do, as well as state how proudly Igbo I am. So for you to state that I have no Igbo feeling is a blatant lie, and I would think that you would have known better.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ezeagu(m): 12:20am On Sep 08, 2010
Ehen, they have come! They've already started to tear the country to pieces before it has even started! What exactly is the argument here? I bet something hefty that none of you can clearly say what your little argument is about here. cheesy
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Obiagu1(m): 12:21am On Sep 08, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Andre, that's untrue. I do have Igbo sentiment. Otherwise, I would not be so engaged in topics concerning the Igbo, and you would not see me using the phrases "us", or "we Igbo", as I often do. So for you to state that I have no Igbo feeling is a blatant lie, and I would think that you would have known better.

You're so much engaged to divide it, nothing more, nothing less. If you stay for a month without saying clan or Ngwa, believe me, you'll have nothing to post. That's your passion!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 12:22am On Sep 08, 2010
Obiagu1, you shouldn't be worrying about this issue. Just relax. It's okay.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by AndreUweh(m): 12:23am On Sep 08, 2010
Mbaise, Etiti and Mbano are southern Igbo groups. In Imo state politicss, no group has lorded over other groups.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 12:24am On Sep 08, 2010
ezeagu:

Ehen, they have come! They've already started to tear the country to pieces before it has even started! What exactly is the argument here? I bet something hefty that none of you can clearly say what your little argument is about here. cheesy
Thank You.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Obiagu1(m): 12:24am On Sep 08, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Obiagu1, you shouldn't be worrying about this issue. Just relax. It's okay.

Here's my post again, I challenge you, just a month and ChinenyeN will become invisible.

Obiagu1:

You're so much engaged to divide it, nothing more, nothing less. If you stay for a month without saying clan or Ngwa, believe me, you'll have nothing to post. That's your passion!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by asha80(m): 12:25am On Sep 08, 2010
I believe mbaise is southern Igbo

But abagworo believes they are northern or is it eastern or whatever tickles his fancy.  
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by chyz(m): 12:25am On Sep 08, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Andre, that's untrue. I do have Igbo sentiment. Otherwise, I would not be so engaged in topics concerning the Igbo, and you would not see me using the phrases "us", or "we Igbo", as I often do. So for you to state that I have no Igbo feeling is a blatant lie, and I would think that you would have known better.

Chinenye ive tried to be on the defending in but it is true that u have a sense of separation of Ngwa from other igbos,its quite clear. This has to stop ngwa is always going to be ngwa.I went to the ngwa convention over the weekend there is no difference between yall and other core igbo people. I've been all over ngwaland in nigeria, and again there is nothing special about you all that other igbos do not have. Ngwa is just a name, its not a family name, u all are not relative, its hust an area of igbo people. Do not cause division of your brothers because remember we all collectively may not have been in existence if not for the mercy of God. Never forget that!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by chyz(m): 12:26am On Sep 08, 2010
asha 80:

But abagworo believes they are northern or is it eastern or whatever tickles his fancy.  

well hes wrong, Mbaise is no way northern igbo at all! lol
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ezeagu(m): 12:32am On Sep 08, 2010
I'm not really seeing this 'divisive mission' by anyone, I just see people who have put their people's interests and well being first and have a strong loyalty to their culture (sorry to disappoint anyone, but that's usually the mentality of 98% of Igbo people). Can someone repost some posts where they are trying to divide the Igbo instead of accusing people up and down? Now the pack is moving onto other users and accusing them of fake accounts? Come on. undecided

1 Like

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by AndreUweh(m): 12:35am On Sep 08, 2010
Chinenye believes there is no need for a nunited Igbo. He feels Igbo is a recent creation. He feels Ngwa should be on her own like Ikwerre. He also feels Etiti, Mbano, Owerri, Mbaise, Ndoki, Umuahia etc should be separate Ethnic nationalities.
@ChinenyeN, even the Yorubas who forged a more recent unity are fond of their Yorubaness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (70) (Reply)

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.