Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,360 members, 7,904,420 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 01:13 PM

Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti (1168 Views)

Statement By Dr Duvalier President Of Haiti Recognising Biafra / Wyclef Jean Shot In Hand In Haiti / Wyclef Jean Is Running For President Of Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 20, 2010
Wyclef Jean's name has not been included on a list of approved presidential candidates for his native Haiti.

The entertainer-turned-politician sought to run for presidency and announced with much international fanfare. Jean needed to prove that he was a resident of Haiti, one of the requirements for the high office of the embattled land.

A list was released today and it included dozens of candidates, but not Jean says news service Reuters.

Earlier this week, the mega star had revealed that he was receiving death threats from those that opposed his looming campaign. Earlier Thursday, he met with the current president of Haiti and told the Associated Press the meeting was positive
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by becomrich3: 5:52am On Aug 20, 2010
thank God , nigeria does not have a law like this. When Prof  Odidi ran against Yar Adua/jonathan  Goodluck, he was living in canada. You can check the constitution of the federal republic of nigeria/
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by slap1(m): 7:23am On Aug 20, 2010
So what's ur point?
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by becomrich5: 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2010
Look what haiti just did is human right abuse.  it means some haiti citizen are more important than others.

Even in nigeria with a bad system like ours, we dont have sure law. the only thing we can not do is vote abroad. I can sit in canada and my name can be on the poll and win and become president of Nigeria. Many nigeria return home to run. It is good for investment. People who have lived abroad has a better opportunity to get investment into thier countries. This is what china and japan and korea has done so far.

Look some countries finance African to go back home and run because it have impact on thier economy. When decision are made that affect trade and others. If you have lived in canada or america or UK and you are at the floor of the senate, you tend to be bias because you have nigeria friends still living there, which decision in nigeria would affect. it is all about lobbying.

Look if Nigeria introduce  resident rule , it block trade to nigeria. It is important that nigerian abroad can go back home and contest with 20 million people living abroad. This is only way you can get investment into nigeria.if you shut the door on them. You have no investment.

You people live in Nigeria how do you know how to get investment. If they are governor, you can walk to any bank over here and collect loan or investment if you have the required papers. this is what we have. And as long we can proof we are governor or something in Nigeria and they verify. It is go on . You would get it easy.

look let assume I am nigeria president . There is no company in canada and USA I cant bring to Nigeria. They feel more comfort. most of thier business men are scared of nigeria. But when they see your papers that it is real and not fake. The fear disappears.

Wyclef Jean's  would be able to bring more investment into Haiti than the president of Haiti. I would get more investment into Nigeria than Jonathan Goodluck.   This is why haiti need to change the law.
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by RichyBlacK(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2010
becomrich5:

Look what haiti just did is human right abuse.  it means some haiti citizen are more important than others.

Even in nigeria with a bad system like ours, we dont have sure law. the only thing we can not do is vote abroad. I can sit in canada and my name can be on the poll and win and become president of Nigeria. Many nigeria return home to run. It is good for investment. People who have lived abroad has a better opportunity to get investment into thier countries. This is what china and japan and korea has done so far.

Look some countries finance African to go back home and run because it have impact on thier economy. When decision are made that affect trade and others. If you have lived in canada or america or UK and you are at the floor of the senate, you tend to be bias because you have nigeria friends still living there, which decision in nigeria would affect. it is all about lobbying.

Look if Nigeria introduce  resident rule , it block trade to nigeria. It is important that nigerian abroad can go back home and contest with 20 million people living abroad. This is only way you can get investment into nigeria.if you shut the door on them. You have no investment.

You people live in Nigeria how do you know how to get investment. If they are governor, you can walk to any bank over here and collect loan or investment. And as long we can proof we are governor or something in Nigeria and they verify. It is go on . You would get it easy.

look let assume I am nigeria president . There is no company in canada and USA I cant bring to Nigeria. They feel more comfort. most of thier business men are scared of nigeria.

Wyclef Jean's  would be able to bring more investment into Haiti than the president of Haiti. I would get more investment into Nigeria than Jonathan Goodluck.   This is why haiti need to change the law.

@becomrich5,

Thank you for such a thoughtful post.
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by becomrich5: 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2010
It is all about getting investment into our countries sometime, that is why we return home. Over here is better than Nigeria. So nobody would want to return. But leaders have to do somethings sometime, they do not like. Not many peope want to live comfort to uncomfortable place with arm robber and no electricity.
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2010
becomrich3:

thank God , nigeria does not have a law like this. When Prof  Odidi ran against Yar Adua/jonathan  Goodluck, he was living in canada. You can check the constitution of the federal republic of nigeria/
Where did you get this from ? Odili was in Abuja even on the day of the convention.
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by texazzpete(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Where did you get this from ? Odili was in Abuja even on the day of the convention.

I know Becomrich isn't exactly the brightest mind out here, but you're making a career of commenting without properly reading. The 'Prof' title alone should have tipped you off that he wasn't talking about Peter Odili
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by deor03(m): 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2010
becomrich5:

You people live in Nigeria how do you know how to get investment. If they are governor, you can walk to any bank over here and collect loan or investment if you have the required papers. this is what we have. And as long we can proof we are governor or something in Nigeria and they verify. It is go on . You would get it easy.

look let assume I am nigeria president . There is no company in canada and USA I cant bring to Nigeria. They feel more comfort. most of thier business men are scared of nigeria. But when they see your papers that it is real and not fake. The fear disappears.

Standing ovation for Becom Baba!
I actually read thru the post
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2010
texazzpete:

I know Becomrich isn't exactly the brightest mind out here, but you're making a career of commenting without properly reading. The 'Prof' title alone should have tipped you off that he wasn't talking about Peter Odili
lol. .maybe becomrich awarded the 'Prof ' to him in his unifasity.
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by becomrich5: 10:39pm On Aug 20, 2010
Not PETER Odili , I said Prof ODIDI. two different names.
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by ChineduEZ: 10:44pm On Aug 20, 2010
becomrich5:

Lies!!All lies! We need a map to back up your claims!
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 20, 2010
becomrich3:

becomrich5:

I caught you already cuz you just modified this post anyways you can't modify my first quote which contain the name '' ODILI '' .that aside,who is this prof odidi that contested against yaradua ?
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by becomrich5: 11:03pm On Aug 20, 2010
I never did, I said Prof Odidi.

Look if I am president, where do you think Nigeria would be buying more the most. ? You dont go where you dont know, you go where you know.
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2010
Ok i hear,it's odidi but who is he and did he contest against yaradua cuz that was what you said .who is this odidi ?
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by Travelista(f): 11:46pm On Aug 20, 2010
Investments aren't enough to turn around a country as out of shape as Haiti. Wyclef can't even account for his own funds; how do you think he'll handle Haiti's money? He had problems running The Fugees, he had/has problems running Yele and he'll have even bigger problems running an entire nation that is desperate for sound leadership. He can't even tell the truth about his residency: one minute, he's exempt, the next he's met the requirement. He needs to bow out gracefully.
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Ok i hear,it's odidi but who is he  and did he contest against yaradua cuz that was what you said .who is this odidi ?

guy, your own too much ooo!

Wetin google dey for, cant you use your bluetooth to search for that one,

http://wn.com/isa_odidi,_nigerian_presidential_candidate_on_party_purpose

http://www.nigeriannewsservice.com/lead-stories/nigerian-born-isa-and-amina-odidi-have-changed-the-face-of-the-pharmaceutical-industry-in-canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqGztdKcKTo

Travelista:

Investments aren't enough to turn around a country as out of shape as Haiti. Wyclef can't even account for his own funds; how do you think he'll handle Haiti's money? He had problems running The Fugees, he had/has problems running Yele and he'll have even bigger problems running an entire nation that is desperate for sound leadership. He can't even tell the truth about his residency: one minute, he's exempt, the next he's met the requirement. He needs to bow out gracefully.

where did you get the facts that he couldn't manage the Yele foundation?

And when is it the business of a government to determine who should contest or not contest for a position,
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by Travelista(f): 12:15am On Aug 21, 2010
mdsocks:

guy, your own too much ooo!

Wetin google dey for, cant you use your bluetooth to search for that one,

http://wn.com/isa_odidi,_nigerian_presidential_candidate_on_party_purpose

http://www.nigeriannewsservice.com/lead-stories/nigerian-born-isa-and-amina-odidi-have-changed-the-face-of-the-pharmaceutical-industry-in-canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqGztdKcKTo

where did you get the facts that he couldn't manage the Yele foundation?

And when is it the business of a government to determine who should contest or not contest for a position,

From these links you posted, it clear you know how to use a search engine. Look for articles on Wyclef and how he's been using Yele funds. As for when it's a government's business as to who gets to contest elections, it's always been that way. Whether it's an elimination process based on residency, citizenship or age, there have always been parameters in place. If Jean doesn't fit those rules, then he's out. Besides, the guy is an assclown.
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by becomrich5: 12:46am On Aug 21, 2010
I have not seen any of you people ready to go back to Nigeria and face arm robbers and 24 hours no electricity, bad hospital. Can you tell the whole world why you dont want to return to Nigeria and shout Up NEPA.

Look at it from this point. Haiti is a poor nation. They do not have anything for him to steal like nigeria. He could run in the US if he is american citizen for the senate or something, he would win. Wyclef Jean's decided he was going back, while other people from haiti are not willing to return and help thier people.

It is not about rules in haiti, but haiti government is as bad as nigeria too. Look nigeria govt  is ready to eliminate anyone who would remove them.  The same thing in haiti.

Wyclef Jean's  has  a private jet. Have you seen where they live in haiti. Look he has his heart in the right place.  That is the most important thing.

You can see when I said I want to be president, I did not say I want to form a party. I know which party I can use to turn the table. And they are all getting Old. most of them are above the age of 70. Even Yorubas needs to start having replacement. The Other day I saw HID Awolowo picture. She is also getting old. It is hard to step forward for leader. Wyclef Jean's has done that instead of encourage this man , haiti put obstable. Not because they love the people. But BECAUSE OF THIER OWN PERSONNAL GREED.

A nation is a team, if you have the edge to make your people better, while not be a team player. This is why the black man as failed. China and others have know how to draw investment, either the west like it or not.  Why dont you go to china town in toronto and do you see white people working in china town?  If an indian join a company and they make her or he a manager, the first people they fire or sack are black people. And they quickly replace them with india people. Why?? because they are trying to get the money into thier own people hands.

If more people from Haiti are like Wyclef Jean's, Haiti would be the most beautiful place on earth. I love his heart.
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by becomrich5: 12:53am On Aug 21, 2010
look at this video and ask where Wyclef Jean's, heart is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2010
Travelista:

From these links you posted, it clear you know how to use a search engine. Look for articles on Wyclef and how he's been using Yele funds. As for when it's a government's business as to who gets to contest elections, it's always been that way. Whether it's an elimination process based on residency, citizenship or age, there have always been parameters in place. If Jean doesn't fit those rules, then he's out. Besides, the guy is an assclown.
I expected you to provide facts,

You wanna win an argument? Then you provide the facts not direct me to do the searching ,  wink

From what i learnt, Yes, a studio was paid from the charity pocket in a concert to raise money for the foundation in which wyclef performed,

Though that seems somewhat awkward, but the money didnt go to his pocket  and he has done more for his people that those fat backside

officials denying him the chance to run for an election, He even claims to have used his own personal money of up to a $1 million to

start the foundation,

Lots of discussion about the same topic has gone on in this thread , i recommend you check it out, 

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-486798.0.html

You might also wanna check his personal statement on the issue,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDE8YJac0Wc&feature=player_embedded
Re: Breaking News: Wyclef Denied Run For President Of Haiti by james1(m): 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2010
@becomrich.thoughtful,nice one.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Getting Fed Up With Ibo People In Aba / Statement By Saraki Campaign Organisation On The Installation Of Cctv In Abuja / Breaking News: Uduaghan Declear Winner Of Delta State Re:run Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.