Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,866 members, 7,902,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 03:43 PM

Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last (10791 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / Policeman Beaten Up In Oyo State For Allegedly Causing Accident (Photos) / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by atiku07(m): 10:27am On Jan 13, 2006
Well it is now clear that the Oyo State Governor, Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja has been impeached. I think this is the high time Nigerians get together and discuss the way forward for Nigeria.

Cause i could not understand the situation whereby a governor would be impeached by his so called God father and the president of the country could do nothing but to pacify the governor to take to his fate. Well i could forsee a situation whereby we are been ruled in Nigeria by a GOD father i guess this kinda of an attitude is becoming too much to bear for Nigerians.

Yesterday it was becoming, today it was Ladoja tommorrow nobody knows his or her own turn. But there is only one word i will say when would Nigerians be free from the era of internal slavery i said this cause this is the only adjective i could use to qualify the so called power game going on in this country Nigeria.

Or what does any one think about it?
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by atiku07(m): 10:28am On Jan 13, 2006
Well it is now clear that the Oyo State Governor, Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja has been impeached. I think this is the high time Nigerians get together and discuss the way forward for Nigeria.

Cause i could not understand the situation whereby a governor would be impeached by his so called God father and the president of the country could do nothing but to pacify the governor to take to his fate. Well i could forsee a situation whereby we are been ruled in Nigeria by a GOD father i guess this kinda of an attitude is becoming too much to bear for Nigerians.

Yesterday it was becoming, today it was Ladoja tommorrow nobody knows his or her own turn. But there is only one word i will say when would Nigerians be free from the era of internal slavery i said this cause this is the only adjective i could use to qualify the so called power game going on in this country Nigeria.

Or what does any one think about it?
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by atiku07(m): 10:42am On Jan 13, 2006
Please just leave seun alone he is right with what he has said, we here in nigeria can't just talk the way u guys do cause u got to be cautious of ur statement so u wont get nabbed. This is a situation i can also discribe as a show of shame here too. So please everyone seun is right with what he is saying
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by jumfol(f): 11:40am On Jan 13, 2006
It is shameful and unheard of in Nigeria! A political thug cum God father and an illiterate man (Molete Chief) was able to remove the No. 1 citizen in Oyo State. Anyway if we go down the memory lane, I mean right from the time Bola Ige to Lam Adesina to Rasheed Ladoja, attempts have been made to remove or intimidate Governors in Oyo State. No Governor has ever ruled twice but Amala man should have allowed Rasheed Ladoja to finish his tenure. The upcoming generation in Oyo state should do something about this menace or else the Governor Office would be moved to Molete.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by ono(m): 11:48am On Jan 13, 2006
I remember posting something like: ''It's Alams today, it could be anyone tomorrow'' in one of my entries. Well that 'anyone' is Rasheed Ladoja.

I tried very hard to convince my people that all that befell Alams in London and Yenagoa were the teleguided works of the EFCC, OBJ and PDP (People Deceiving People). The chickens have come to roost. Chris Ngige must be a very strong man, or his godfather must be a weak godfather. Either way, I see an unfolding pattern of dog eat dog in this country. I also believe that these our rulers have devised a different way of fooling us. ''Mix evil with good and get EVIL'' Just like -*+ = - ......a dangerous trend is gradually being formed.

So, here's the problem: This country has been sold to a clique of very hungry, bloodthirsty, evil beings. They are greedy and intolerable of any opposition. They'll go all out to quench any kind opposition.

Solution: I really do not know of any............... more than prayers for the nation at this time, for divine intervention.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Johnny(m): 11:49am On Jan 13, 2006
The whole game is a shame on democracy in Nigeria. Obasanjo has disappointed me for the very first time. Shame to Adidibu, the acclaimed godfather of Oyo politics;Akala betrayed his boss and Ladoja himself is more of a woman than man;how could a serving governor control only 14 honourable members of the house out of 32? This is weekness!!
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by omon(m): 12:55pm On Jan 13, 2006
Except OBJ had a hand directly in the removal, then we should not blame this on OBJ.. Even Ladoja had confirmed earlier that OBJ had no stake in it (or do you guys want to tell me that Ladoja was against OBJ 3rd term?). I will prefer that OBJ stays out of state politics. However they are all thieves..Ladoja, Ngige, Alams, Dariye..etc . They all needed to go for soiling their integrity with the dirty hands of the so called god-fathers. It is no shame on Nigeria, but the stupidity of the supposed good guys turn dirty by want of power!
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by joftech(m): 1:19pm On Jan 13, 2006
The whole game is a shame on democracy in Nigeria. Obasanjo has disappointed me for the very first time. Shame to Adidibu, the acclaimed godfather of Oyo politics;Akala betrayed his boss and Ladoja himself is more of a woman than man;how could a serving governor control only 14 honourable members of the house out of 32? This is weekness!!

That Ladoja does not control any of the lawmakers is a good thing for any democracy. It make them to be indepent of corrupt governors.

I hope all these governors are not sleeping with closed eyes.

The same "coup" that swept Ladoke Akintola (a man from Ogbomoso, same as Akala) into power was orchestrated in January 15 and some few weeks later the First Republic collapse like packs of cards. I wonder if we are heading in that same horizon.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by owo(m): 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2006
The Ship of state as captained by Mr. OBJ is headed in all but the right direction. These events, including the impeachments are but symptoms of a deeper malaise. A clear ineptitude and lack of understanding of the fundamentals of nationhood.
that the states are expected to be heavens while the federal unitary government is an apology is but a pipe dream.

In May 29 1999, when this administration came to power, the first speech consisted of catch phrases like.... 'it will not be business as usual'...'there is a new dawn' etc. Seven years on.... we know they were all lies equal to or worse than the 'fellow Nigerians' were accustomed to hearing. Indeed it was similar to the IBB era speeches, when we used to stay glued to the TV until we knew better

Time and space would fail to allow a chronicle of the events, actions and inactions as they have unfolded.
1. First four years of waste....
2. Insistence on second term for himself and all but few of the PDP governors. Note there was selection in the 2003 polls. I challenge anybody that claims that his vote counted to prove it. There is enough prove that the figures do not even add up. The supreme court said so.
Including organising the largescale out-rigging of the AD in the western states.
3. Numerous murders and counter murders, oppression, burning villages and towns. At least 4,700, at the last count.
4. Uncountable accidents and innumerable number of dead Nigerians on roads for which over 300bn has been released for. Those that were at the head of the ministry of works are yet to be called to account and are yet to answer. The airport in port harcourt, an eye witness recounted, lacked water or foam during the last aircrash... that is why those kids died.
5. The creation and abetting of a 'foreign' maritime company's monopoly..... the company charges in dollars (even for food) on Nigerian soil.
6. The national ID card scam for which $242m is yet unaccounted while we are yet to have the cards.
7. Using over a billion naira to organise a mock national conference in order to divert attention from the genuine desire by well- meaning people to re-negotiate the basis of the current 'marriage'.

The current problem in this town..(Ibadan) is only one of the issues and it raises so many questions
1. Is it true that the president was/is unaware that Mr Adedibu organised the 'victory' of PDP in oyo state? (He claimed ignorance of Uba until the Audu Ogbe letter saga)
2. Is the constitution which he swore to protect on the side of those that kill for politcal reasons? - If not, then who organised the killing of two people during the standoff some weeks ago in Ibadan?
3. Was it too late to 'save' Ladoja the 'puppet'?... If yes, then who called for a 'peace' meeting  three weeks ago during which the president of africas most populous country (1/5 of the black race's population) publicly begged Mr Adedibu and Mr Ladoja to consider his 4 keys to peace.
4. Is it true that the excesses of Mr Adedibu is totally unknown to the president.... including the toll they collect from market women/men in this town (Ibadan) or the way local government chairmen are harrased (monthly) when allocations are released. If so, who was the mastermind of the 2003 rigging scheme

Suffice it to say that not much was or is expected from this system.  But it hurts and adds lots of salt to the injury when these things happen and lies are added upon lies as is being done in the current events.
If this Government undertood the fundamentals of nation building... then it would have considered the following as its urgent tasks
1. Totally changin the face of public infrastructure. - roads, rails, water, electricity.
2. Making the education of tomorrows leaders a clear goal

If the lead song that was used by MKO for his campaign in 1993 is more relevant today 2006.... then we all know what manner of leader we have had these 7 years.

Do I know the solution ?..... oh yes.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by tunjikrown(m): 4:28pm On Jan 13, 2006
humm ..................this is power of politics! the wave has just started!! yu just say NO to OBJ's 3RD term plan ...........the next morning You are GONE!!!! tongue hum power of politics !!!!! i pity ladoja sha.............(scape goat). the next may be from
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by prettyH(f): 5:02pm On Jan 13, 2006
Honestly it really is sad that alot of crap is gonna go down in a bid to shake the political terrain in nija. Its also sad that certain persons think power politics is okay. Why would u run a state like ur private buz...hence totally disrespecting its indigenes. If such nonsense continues to happen, there can never be a democratically elected govenor in nija. I hope Oyo will have some peace after this.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by kayveil(m): 5:40pm On Jan 13, 2006
Wild,wild... West .... the event of the western house of Awolowo and Ladoke Akintola come to play again in this age and time.... We' ve not heard enough.. stay tuned
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by pophoney(m): 6:22pm On Jan 13, 2006
Eedris said in his latest album that "Rich man deem dey chop alone and deem go die alone"

Ladoja was "chopping alone" with his kitchen cabinet after shutting the door against those that installed him as the governor.

It is a common knowledge in the state that he never won the election, it was baba adedibu that rigged it in his favour.
That is one of the reasons why the common man of the street did rose to fight for him.

Around April last year, Ladoja trasferred Oyo State account (money) from from TIB (Trans International Bank), a bank where the state government is the majority share holder just because of his personal grugde with an Ibadan Innestor.
That single act lead to the collapse of the bank, with shareholders and customers (teachers) left in limbo.

His impreachment is a lesson for all of us and most importantly those in power.
Never allow ego to control your sense of reasoning and never chop alone
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 12:22am On Jan 14, 2006
i WONDER WHY OUR PEPLE HERE FIND SIMILARITY IN BAYELSA, ANAMBRA & OYO.

It is completely different scenario.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Chxta(m): 9:24am On Jan 14, 2006
Ladoja says he will resume office on Monday. Read here. Wow. Looks like the knives are being sharpened.

The problem with our politicians is that they are too egotistical, and greedy!
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by otokx(m): 9:41am On Jan 14, 2006
welcome kayveil!!!

There is some similarity of the events that happened in bayelsa, oyo and anambra with latest being quite intriguing. I trust my president's actions. As a former general in the nigerian army, he knows the meaning of strategy.

To those of you in the diaspora; continue to pray for the peace of Nigeria.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Bibi(m): 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2006
I'm sure this is just the beginning of so many intrigues to follow: First of all, the impeachment smack on sectarian politics, there was a court order to the unconstitionality of the impeachment process (ignored), the arrgoant lawmankers (18) do not constitute mandatory 2/3 required by law, the arrogant lawmakers exludes the speaker, The panel composition constitute illegality, The panel recommendation constituded illegality by not allowing time -disregarding court order, The state chief judge breached a court order to constitue an enquirry panel, The panel did not subtantiate facts, If the governor was guilty of financial misconduct how come he is still around and EFCC has not picked him up unlike DSP?,

I hope Ladoja and his supporters do not abandon all efforts to confront this speedily in whatever form. As Yoruba's say - "omo ina laa ran si ina".

The issue here cannot be compared with DSP, Dariye or Ngige. This is simply a coup with Agbada soldiers. They have coerced Ibadan people in terror and have possibly blackmailed as many as possible into a political TKO.

If Ladoja is being impeached because he did not allow some people to "chop and quench" and the same people can erode the constitutional process to their favour, then I think the President is doing Nigerians a big injustice by standing by and allowing the law to takes its shamefull course. The polical process seems to have taken a plunge into a dark abyss. If the president who vowed to protect the Nigerian constitution can sit by and watch this and say he can't do anything, then he has failed the people, I begin to believe the possibility of his self succession plans.and maybe some people have been right all along. The presidential strategy seems to condone confusion in the polity as a means of securing collective support as the "only man". Nigerians need to act within every cosntitutional means to arrest this decay.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by obalola: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2006
Hi nairalanders!

It is quite funny that Alh Ladoja can be removed so easily with no opposition from anybody.
I think he is a paper weight politician, a girly man and without survival strategy, who surrounded himself with synchophants that gave him false hope that nothing can "shake" him.

I believe he should be handed over to EFCC for trial because of the corrupt activities he got himself involved in or why did Gani turned down ladoja's request for defence?

What made it so easy for adedibu to remove ladoja is ladoja's lackof support among the common man on the street, the elites in the state and the Oba. He destroyed TIB (common man beared the brunt), he awarded contracts to his concubines and family (elite and contractors are jobless) and he removed Alaafin from his chairmanship of the state traditional council and made him a district head of the baales in just 4 local goverment in Oyo town!

Above all, PDP didnot win the last guber election in Oyo State, Lam defeated him, even with all the intimidation and violence that rock the state during the election....

Power is for service and development.... Let all beware
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by bisijnr(m): 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2006
rolleyesladoja is just a poor game player. his impeachment is a product of his failure to act on time. the governor of anambra has been in a similar situation before.he 'resigned', was arrested, he was even expelled from his party because he disagreed with uba his godfather. recently a court nulified his elections but he is still in power. why? he has endeered himself to his people by embarking on developmental projects like no other governor had done for them in the past. ??what did ladoja done for himself.? ??what has he done for the people of oyo i stand to be corrected undecided[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Farriel(m): 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2006
These issues of impeachments and other similar matters in Nigeria make no particular resonance on me. They can impeache to the end of the world and back again but it still would make no positive and significant impact on the people, so I care even less.

The grinding jaws of poverty in this country makes people indifferent to the political maneuverings around. They've evidently got more things to worry about than Ladoja, Adedibu or any politican involved in power tusslings.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by otokx(m): 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2006
@Farriel; your very right, infact the civil servants in ibadan have been on endless public holidays since the two elephants started their hide and seek game.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by prettyH(f): 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2006
otokx:

@Farriel; your very right, infact the civil servants in ibadan have been on endless public holidays since the two elephants started their hide and seek game.

Of course what does one expect in such a scenario.

Farriel:

These issues of impeachments and other similar matters in Nigeria make no particular resonance on me. They can impeache to the end of the world and back again but it still would make no positive and significant impact on the people, so I care even less.

The grinding jaws of poverty in this country makes people indifferent to the political maneuverings around. They've evidently got more things to worry about than Ladoja, Adedibu or any politican involved in power tusslings.

True talk. But if the continuos power tussles persists, then poverty will be the least of our problems.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Farriel(m): 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2006
Poverty least? What would then be paramount? A sudden interest in the events?
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2006
There are so many wrong facts that members have posted in this thread.which is as follows:

1) That Baba Adedidubu is illiterate.

He is not an illiterate, he is not fluent in English, he did not have that formal western education BUT HE CAN READ AND WRITE.
2) Somebody says 14 Legislatures impeach him which is against the constitution.

The Constitution requires 2/3 of the house of assembly to impeach him, 18 legislatures impeach him which mathematically is more than the required 2/3rd.

3) Another member even accused him of trying to remove Bola Ige . When was that ?

Baba Adedibu cannot match Ige in Oyo state or yoruba politics in any way
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by prettyH(f): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2006
Farriel:

Poverty least? What would then be paramount? A sudden interest in the events?

What i meant was if these stupid man made hazards also known as power tussles continue, fear may be more of a serious problem than poverty because even the poor fear for their lives. More so, poverty is a normal phenomenon in Nigeria anyway.

@Akolawole,
From time immemorial, u have supported Adedibu constantly defending his actions in that state. I do not care who is right or wrong. Do not forget, this is Nigeria. This same politics led to the demise of Bole Ige, so let no one think they can escape it ...especially Adedibu.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by otokx(m): 6:56pm On Jan 14, 2006
please akolawole don't even start. 2/3 of 39 is not and can never be 18.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2006
prettyH:

@Akolawole,
From time immemorial, u have supported Adedibu constantly defending his actions in that state. I do not care who is right or wrong. Do not forget, this is Nigeria. This same politics led to the demise of Bole Ige, so let no one think they can escape it ...especially Adedibu.

Madam PrettyH,

Me support Adedibu ....God forbid
In fact, i participated in 1998 protest in Ibadan which is mainly to deal with Adedibu, Arisekola and their friends but Quite a lot of people dont know much about him, they just say what they like about him, mine is just to say exactly what i know about him most expecially from second republic till today.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2006
@Otkx

Please, correct me if i am wrong : 32 0r 39 legislators ?

What is the constitution's provision for absentees?
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Dagogo(m): 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2006
the problem is not ladoja or adedibu but the system and corruption there are 32 members in the oyo state legislature 2/3 members were needed to impeach the governor definitely, 18 members does not form the neccessary quorum. The panel did not allow counsel to Ladoja the 3 days he reqested for to present his defence even though they have 3 months to present their report the acting C.J rushed to swear in Akala when there was a pending ruling to be delivered on the matter by justice yusuf of the same court.OBJ has a role to play by ensuring we don't go back to the wild wild west of old and its fall outs
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2006
Now to quote from from Chief Obafemi Awolowo regarding the people of Ibadan and yourubas in general

" The truth about the people of Western region is that they are  SUFFICIENTLY ENLIGHTENED AND BOLD TO REFUSE to be led by the nose by any person or group HOWEVER SOPHISTICATED SUCH PERSON OR GROUP MAY APPEAR.They are SLOW TO ANGER; ROBUST IN CONTENTIONS; ALERT to their rights; and will FEARLESSLY resist and combat evil whenever they discern it with ALL THEIR MIGHT AND RESOURCES "

If we remember the time of "wetie", the way Ondo state people restore Chief Adekunle Ajasin in 1983, How Ibrahim Babangida escape death by Whiskers in University of Ibadan during Sasaeniyan's era, Why Abacha never try to visit Ibadan during his reign and many battles in Oyo state, we need to ask one question:

Why are people Silent?  Why is it that nobody carry Placards in Bere, Oje, Dugbe, Agodi-gate and Mokola ? Where are the UI and Ibadan -Poly students?, Why no burning of tyres in the State in support of the governor ?

The simple answer is: He is not the people's governor, Adedibu dare try that during Bola Ige's regime despite a very very strong NPN opposition.
Anyway, i hope i am still dreaming, i hope i will still see Ladoja being the governor on Monday
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by obalola: 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2006
Hi nairalanders,
It is quite funny that Ladoja doesn't have any grassroot support, there are sympatises here and dere for him (as part of yoruba culture).
Going round the city, the whole place is tensed with police in almost every street corners.
I just pray Ladoja will not act like a clown by resuming at his former office on monday.

Come to think of it, if Ladoja is re-installed as governor, do u think there will be peace in the state? me think it is better he forgo his "throne" and let the state move forward.

Power is said to be arrogant and influence corruptible, that is what qualifies Ladoja and Adedibu
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 1:54am On Jan 15, 2006
obalola:

Going round the city, the whole place is tensed with police in almost every street corners.

Tensed ke!

Every street corner ke!

I am happy to say Ibadan is very  very Peaceful.

There are few armoured tank placed in few places but Ibadan is calm, few market women close up their shop for fear of looting. Had it been Ladoja is the people's governor, 100 armoured tank would not stop Ibadan people from protesting. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MASSOB Will Enforce Sit-at-home Directive / Why We Need N222 Billion To Conduct Nigeria’s 2018 Census – NPC Chairman / Ayade Appoints 18 SAs On Religious Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.