Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,631 members, 7,975,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 04:46 AM

HELP: MY PASTOR AND HIS WIFE ARE MISSING IT BECAUSE OF POLITICS - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / HELP: MY PASTOR AND HIS WIFE ARE MISSING IT BECAUSE OF POLITICS (323 Views)

''Thunder Uproots Fuel Tanks After Land Battle Btw Pastor And Businesman''. PICS / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HELP: MY PASTOR AND HIS WIFE ARE MISSING IT BECAUSE OF POLITICS by wwwkaycom(m): 11:49am On Feb 06, 2019
My senior pastor is an ardent supporter of Atiku and PDP. He once occupied a political position under Dr Goodluck Jonathan's administration. He was before that time a banker with the now liquidated Oceanic Bank. He has never been a fan of Buhari even though he once told me he would have moved to APC if Osinbajo whom he knew in RCCG years ago is being fielded. Unfortunately for him now, he is pastoring a parish that is made up of 60% youths who are somehow indifferent to whoever wins the February 16 election and older men and women who may likely pitch their tents with APC and Buhari since majority of them are civil servants and pensioners who sees regular payment of salaries and pension since last year as an achievement of the present APC government in Ondo State and the PMB led federal government. One won't blame them because they saw hell when the last government of Dr Mimiko stopped paying salaries and pensions in 2016.
Now this pastor will use every opportunity to talk about the need to kick out the "sick old man", "lying party", "bunch of lifeless guys" etc which is not going down well with many of the oldies. His wife have also been toeing the same line. They are also in this habit of calling anyone who differ on political issues things like stupid, blindfolded, cohorts etc. Things got to a head last Sunday when a particular man, a teacher with the state had to confront our pastor's wife openly during Sunday school. The outburst of this man is better imagined, it won't be pleasant saying those things here. But he said some families have stopped coming to the parish because of the pastor's political inclinations and intolerance of members with different opinions. I think someone's political preferences should be left out of one's service to God. I have booked an appointment with our zonal pastor to quickly beg him to help look into things before the church scatter if care is not taken.

1 Like

Re: HELP: MY PASTOR AND HIS WIFE ARE MISSING IT BECAUSE OF POLITICS by oluphemmxzy(m): 1:12am On Feb 07, 2019
All our pastors no dey hear word, teach ur members on how important Holy Spirit is and let them be spirit filled with ur teachings and prayers.......with the holyspirit they can choose the best candidate.

lol, my own pastor is jumping from apc to pdp to apc... �
Nigerian politics is the author of confusion

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

*opelope Anointing, Kumnandi, Others For MFM Praise Service / Bad Luck, Good Luck / Satan Claims The Deity Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.