Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,674 members, 7,885,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:25 PM

Some Questions For Noetic16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Questions For Noetic16 (2733 Views)

All Atheists, Some Questions For You / Sukkot, I Have Some Questions For You / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2010
Hi noetic16, this is the thread.
I'd like to get the conversation going with these questions.

How do you view the Holy Bible? Do you consider it entirely true?
Are some parts of the Bible more valid than others?
Does God speak to you?
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2010
Waiting Noetic. Great discussants, both of you, i'm eager. . .
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by aletheia(m): 2:41pm On Aug 23, 2010
smiley
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by mazaje(m): 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2010
If God speaks to Noetic I will like to know what language he uses and how his voice sounds. . . . . . .If God speaks to Noetic why then does God tell Noetic things that differ greatly from others who say God also speaks to them?. . . . .
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2010
^^^Could it not be that different people need different spiritual solutions and thus encounter the Divine in different fashions?

As per voice and language. . .we do not need to be Mystics to understand that the voice and language of the spirit transcends words.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by mazaje(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2010
What kind of deist are you?. . . . .It seems you are yet to completely drop your Christian mindset and way of reasoning. . . .Its very obvious that your Christian upbringing still influences you greatly when it comes to the way you reason about God. . . . . .
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2010
Please do not address my person or my history: address the logic -

1. If we are each unique and different - does it not make sense that God will approach us in myriad unique and different ways?

2. Do you expect the voice of the spirit to sound like human words?
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2010
@noetic the questions asked are very relative and as such u may choose to answer in your own view and don't be pushed to the wall

cheers
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2010
Deep Sight:

Please do not address my person or my history: address the logic -

1. If we are each unique and different - does it not make sense that God will approach us in myriad unique and different ways?

2. Do you expect the voice of the spirit to sound like human words?

who have u directed the questions to?

To someone who believes in Gods existence or to the one who says 'no i havent seen or heard from God, therefore forecloses his existence?

I need to know, cus i like to answer your question, but need to know first if i should
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2010
toba:

who have u directed the questions to?

To someone who believes in Gods existence or to the one who says 'no i havent seen or heard from God, therefore forecloses his existence?

I need to know, cus i like to answer your question, but need to know first if i should

its directed to me. lol
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
^^^ The questions were a response to Mazaje, and as such are directed at him.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2010
jesus.:

@noetic the questions asked are very relative and as such u may choose to answer in your own view and don't be pushed to the wall
cheers

Pending his arrival, would you like to attempt them? Since you have a handle similar to that of the "Son of God", you might have some previously unconsidered insight.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2010
thehomer:

Pending his arrival, would you like to attempt them?

did my first post talked about me wanting to attempt or just an advice to noetic16?

thehomer:

Since you have a handle similar to that of the "Son of God", you might have some previously unconsidered insight.

which handle are u talking about? Giving advice now means having handle similar to that of another person?

son of God? how do u know God has a son? and that i have a handle similar to that of his son?
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by noetic16(m): 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2010
thehomer:

Hi noetic16, this is the thread.
I'd like to get the conversation going with these questions.

Your questions are welcomed.  cheesy

How do you view the Holy Bible?

The holy bible is a self-comprehensive message from God to us. its composition is on it own a miracle, as we can assert that through the lives and inspiration of many people in their own lives, we have an explicit message from God.

I view the bible as God's primary channel of communication to believers. Its a prayer tool for believers and contains essential truths on how to live a Godly fulfilling life.

No one can fully comprehend the entire messages intended by the bible, that explains why believers  would be learners till they die.

Do you consider it entirely true?

Let me set out by stating that I do not think the bible was intended to serve as a historical, scientific or archaeological source of information if seen from a "non-theist" objective point of view.

In lieu of the above, I believe that the bible is true, it is the inherent, infallible word of God. . .with unlimited truths to enable us live and function as God always intended.

I would not rely entirely on the bible to construct a historical evidence for anything. . . .why not? because IMO the bible was not designed/written with such intentions. To construct an historical argument using biblical accounts would require innuendos and additional non-biblical information, which defeats the purpose of relying on the bible for such information.

I would rely on the bible to make fundamental claims, assertions and theories that pertain to the essential creed of the Christian faith, as in the cases of creation and Noah's flood. The reason is obvious: Even if one ignores the "Faith command" there is enough plausible scientific reasons to subscribe to these beliefs. And also there is no plausible scientifically acceptable alternative to biblical assertions. This postulates a case for anti-God crusaders hiding behind unprovable theories to discredit biblical accounts.

Are some parts of the Bible more valid than others?

Based on personal agnostic understanding . . . .it is inconceivable to suggest that any part of the bible is an accidental occurrence not to talk of having less or more validity to other parts.

The bible IMO consists of the revealed knowledge of God to us as believers. Its composition of the creation, patriarchs, prophecy, salvation, eternal promises amongst others are part of God's covenant. As Apostle Paul rightly proclaimed that God has used the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. The composition of the bible and the erroneous belief of many that the bible is a worthless an inconsistent indoctrination of man to govern man is at best a reflection of man's ignorance, rebellion and rejection of Godly things.

To better understand the purpose of the bible, the bible is best examined  as a prayer tool. Prayer on its own is an act of faith, since it involves communication with an unseen person. The implication is that, the only way to fully understand and conceive the message of the  bible is to have faith.

Does God speak to you?

Lets not zoom into me  grin. . . .but God does talk to me. It does not mean that I know anything. Infarct my conversations with God has further exposed my ignorance, weaknesses and inability to gasp the things of God.

take for instance. . .God told Abraham that "I will give u a son of ur own flesh". Sarah brought up a good idea that Abraham should mate with Hagar, Abraham agreed thinking its in line with the plan of God. which was never the case. this mistake cost him his peace and made him see the hand of God more in his life.

My relationship with God does not make me any special because you also can have that relationship. I have a lot to learn and a life time to learn it.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 10:55pm On Aug 23, 2010
jesus.:

did my first post talked about me wanting to attempt or just an advice to noetic16?

I only asked since you seemed interested.

jesus.:

which handle are u talking about? Giving advice now means having handle similar to that of another person?
son of God? how do u know God has a son? and that i have a handle similar to that of his son?

I meant handle as in pseudonym. I'm guessing that jesus is not your real name.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 11:59pm On Aug 23, 2010
noetic16:

Your questions are welcomed.  cheesy

All right here we go. smiley

noetic16:

The holy bible is a self-comprehensive message from God to us. its composition is on it own a miracle, as we can assert that through the lives and inspiration of many people in their own lives, we have an explicit message from God.

One can argue that its composition and compilation is not quite extraordinary because it went through lots of hands and the books that finally made it into the commonly available compilation were decided by votes. To start with, there are various accepted compilations of acceptable books.

noetic16:

I view the bible as God's primary channel of communication to believers. Its a prayer tool for believers and contains essential truths on how to live a Godly fulfilling life.
No one can fully comprehend the entire messages intended by the bible, that explains why believers  would be learners till they die.

Ok. Since this is just for believers, what is his plan for non-believers? How does he reach out to them? How can they (non-believers) discern who is actually from God before reviewing the Bible?

noetic16:

Let me set out by stating that I do not think the bible was intended to serve as a historical, scientific or archaeological source of information if seen from a "non-theist" objective point of view.
In lieu of the above, I believe that the bible is true, it is the inherent, infallible word of God. . .with unlimited truths to enable us live and function as God always intended.

But is it consistent for one to actually continue to accept something as being true when we can and have demonstrated them as being false scientifically? When you say "infallible word of God", does this mean that it cannot be wrong or that any errors in it were made by the writers?

noetic16:

I would not rely entirely on the bible to construct a historical evidence for anything. . . .why not? because IMO the bible was not designed/written with such intentions. To construct an historical argument using biblical accounts would require innuendos and additional non-biblical information, which defeats the purpose of relying on the bible for such information.

Not quite. In some cases, the information available in the Bible is quite enough to conclude that the writer simply did not have access to the sort of information we currently possess.

noetic16:

I would rely on the bible to make fundamental claims, assertions and theories that pertain to the essential creed of the Christian faith, as in the cases of creation and Noah's flood. The reason is obvious: Even if one ignores the "Faith command" there is enough plausible scientific reasons to subscribe to these beliefs. And also there is no plausible scientifically acceptable alternative to biblical assertions. This postulates a case for anti-God crusaders hiding behind unprovable theories to discredit biblical accounts.

I disagree. I think that the "scientific" reasons presented are actually not plausible. And, some of the stories can be dismissed as myths.
Considering the creation story for instance, which of the two do we actually go with?
Then about the flood, could there actually have been a flood large enough to cover the highest peaks on earth?

noetic16:

Based on personal agnostic understanding . . . .it is inconceivable to suggest that any part of the bible is an accidental occurrence not to talk of having less or more validity to other parts.

So do I take this as the instructions given in the Bible all being equally valid and binding on believers?

noetic16:

The bible IMO consists of the revealed knowledge of God to us as believers. Its composition of the creation, patriarchs, prophecy, salvation, eternal promises amongst others are part of God's covenant. As Apostle Paul rightly proclaimed that God has used the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. The composition of the bible and the erroneous belief of many that the bible is a worthless an inconsistent indoctrination of man to govern man is at best a reflection of man's ignorance, rebellion and rejection of Godly things.

If it contains as you mentioned patriarchs and prophecies, we can at least evaluate some of these.
Though I do think that it is inconsistent and that it has been used to govern other men, I do not think it is worthless. But I wonder what Godly things you're talking about that other humans simply do not extend to others

noetic16:

To better understand the purpose of the bible, the bible is best examined  as a prayer tool. Prayer on its own is an act of faith, since it involves communication with an unseen person. The implication is that, the only way to fully understand and conceive the message of the  bible is to have faith.

Faith as described in the Bible seems quite problematic to me. It requires acceptance without evidence or with poor evidence.

noetic16:

Lets not zoom into me  grin. . . .but God does talk to me.

But I need to determine how to differentiate the voice of God from our regular conscience.

noetic16:

It does not mean that I know anything. Infarct my conversations with God has further exposed my ignorance, weaknesses and inability to gasp the things of God.
take for instance. . .God told Abraham that "I will give u a son of your own flesh". Sarah brought up a good idea that Abraham should mate with Hagar, Abraham agreed thinking its in line with the plan of God. which was never the case. this mistake cost him his peace and made him see the hand of God more in his life.

So going by the story, was the child conceived with Hagar a good or bad idea?

noetic16:

My relationship with God does not make me any special because you also can have that relationship. I have a lot to learn and a life time to learn it.

Nah I think that if you can actually communicate with God and you can actually receive responses from him that are unambiguous, then you must be quite special indeed. wink
Of course we all have a lot to learn. I'm learning right now. cheesy
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 24, 2010
sinners
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2010
Here he goes agin the overzealous homer who claims to know too much
thehomer:

I only asked since you seemed interested.
How did u know i seemed interested? to give advice now means an interest in wanting to have that same discussion? If thats what u think, i laugh at ur logic being displayed here.

If i read in the dailies of ur invite to the UK by the british Government for a discussion and inturn gives u an adivice of things that might be of help, does that means i want to go in ur place to the UK or means im interested in the topic to be discussed? I don't know what to say about u.
I hope its not on this irrational thinking that u want to base ur discussion with noetic16 on.
Atleast im not the only who contributed on the thread. Mazaje, Toba and Deepsight also did. Why didnt u direct such question to Deepsight, knowing mazaje is an atheist[b](and could possibly have same believe with yours)[/b] and DS is not?

thehomer:

I meant handle as in pseudonym. I'm guessing that jesus is not your real name.
Ur guess is also based on what? assumption or probability? cos this is ur first time of seeing that name being used for u to have made wrong guess?

U haven't answered the questions i asked. here they are again

'son of God? how do u know God has a son? and that i have a handle similar to that of his son?'
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 10:12am On Aug 24, 2010
jesus.:

Here he goes agin the overzealous homer who claims to know too muchHow did u know i seemed interested? to give advice now means an interest in wanting to have that same discussion? If thats what u think, i laugh at your logic being displayed here.

Overzealous? Moi? I don't think so. How have I claimed to know too much?
Try to understand the scenario. Two people are speaking and a third person tries to offer some advice to one of the speakers is it irrational to think that maybe the advisor has some other interesting insights that he/she may wish to share?
If you did not wish to answer them, you could have simply said so.

jesus.:

If i read in the dailies of your invite to the UK by the british Government for a discussion and inturn gives u an adivice of things that might be of help, does that means i want to go in your place to the UK or means im interested in the topic to be discussed? I don't know what to say about u.
I hope its not on this irrational thinking that u want to base your discussion with noetic16 on.

If the Government heard you were trying to advice me and they extend an invitation to you too would you actually consider this as acting irrationally?

jesus.:

Atleast im not the only who contributed on the thread. Mazaje, Toba and Deepsight also did. Why didnt u direct such question to Deepsight, knowing mazaje is an atheist[b](and could possibly have same believe with yours)[/b] and DS is not?

I'm the one extending the invitation. I don't have to invite everyone that shows up on the thread to discuss the topic. I will simply invite who I may want to have a conversation with.

jesus.:

your guess is also based on what? assumption or probability? cos this is your first time of seeing that name being used for u to have made wrong guess?

It's based on your handle here "jesus." which is similar to that used to address the "Messiah" in the New Testament.
Or to put this part to rest, is "jesus." the name you were given at birth or a name you have legally adopted?

jesus.:

U haven't answered the questions i asked. here they are again
'son of God? how do u know God has a son? and that i have a handle similar to that of his son?'

I don't know this but you seem to be a Christian. With regards to the handle, see above.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 11:08am On Aug 24, 2010
thehomer:

Overzealous? Moi? I don't think so. How have I claimed to know too much?

U may not think so, but  u are an overzealous person. Typical example is the way u go about your obsession with God and Olaadegbu. Where ever he goes or start of a thread u seem to 'know' too much and jump in to start questioning his posts no?

Point 2 U conceived this same thread on same in which noetic on the other thread made a post to the author and u jumped in to make a request from noetic which led to this subject thread no?

Point 3  I went through your previous posts and saw that not once but twice and on two separate threads u made allegations on Toba's posts which weren't true, that made him backed out of the discussion No?

So what do u call the above actions of yours?

thehomer:

Try to understand the scenario. Two people are speaking and a third person tries to offer some advice to one of the speakers is it irrational to think that maybe the advisor has some other interesting insights that he/she may wish to share?

Let me help u out. Two pple havent started speaking as regards this thread cos when i made my post on the advice, noetic was yet to respond to your questions isnt that true?
In your case its overzealousness and irrational

thehomer:

If you did not wish to answer them, you could have simply said so.
Why did u ask me in the first place was my advice directed to u? May be u wanted an advice from me as well which i might have given if u sort through the right channel

thehomer:

If the Government heard you were trying to advice me and they extend an invitation to you too would you actually consider this as acting irrationally?
Yes cos there was nothing in my advice that directly points to me wanting to be part of the discussion. As in this case was there any of such in my post to noetic?

thehomer:

I'm the one extending the invitation. I don't have to invite everyone that shows up on the thread to discuss the topic. [/b]I will simply invite who I may want to have a conversation with.
Means u took a wrong step by inviting someone who might not want to honour your invitation based on hs/hr perception of your antecedence.

thehomer:

It's based on your handle here "[b]jesus.
" which is similar to that used to address the "Messiah" in the New Testament.
Thats a bull crap. How do u know that jesus isnt my real name to have alleged that its a fictitious name? Thats sure overzealousness and 'ITK' on your part

which new testament are u referring to?

thehomer:

Or to put this part to rest, is "jesus." the name you were given at birth or a name you have legally adopted?
I would have loved to answer u, but wouldn't. Reason being that u have said its 'Handle' and u now got your reasoning back to ask a logical question at the wrong time. U should have asked this before irrationally talking about Handle no? MR questionnaire. U got it wrong this time

thehomer:

I don't know this but you seem to be a Christian. With regards to the handle, see above.

Im happy u are contradicting your self. How come u dont know and yet u compared me with the 'son of God' ? Could either mean u are a liar or just made another irrational post
thehomer:

Pending his arrival, would you like to attempt them? Since you have a handle similar to that of the "Son of God", you might have some previously unconsidered insight.
U said the above, now defend your statement u said i don't know. How come? My handle is similar 'yes' how do u know  God has a son? simple
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by noetic16(m): 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2010
thehomer:

All right here we go.  smiley

One can argue that its composition and compilation is not quite extraordinary because it went through lots of hands and the books that finally made it into the commonly available compilation were decided by votes. To start with, there are various accepted compilations of acceptable books.

Your argument is potent if and only if u can establish a unique pattern through which God does the things that he does? I state this because while this "change of hands" experience that the bible went through might just have been God's way of revealing His word. take for instance, God permitted the descendants of Abraham to go into slavery for the sins of Abraham. they went into slavery for 432 years. God permitted the descendants of king hezekiah to go into slavery for his sins.

To the descendants of hezekiah and abraham, their slavery and deliverance is meaningless and shows the "inefficiency" of God . . .to abrahanm and hezekiah, this is a righteous God who can behold no iniquity and will as such pay man back according to his deeds. To latter day generation of believers, we see a comprehensive ontology of God in His relations to man.

my point is that your world view about the compilation of the bible does not in any way rubbish the intended work of God. why we have no absolute understanding as to why God does what he does. . . we do however know that all what is done fits into a uniquely divine purpose.

Ok. Since this is just for believers, what is his plan for non-believers? How does he reach out to them?

God reaches out to everyone by the dictates of their conscience. God reaches out to all of mankind in this generation  by the salvation offered on the cross of calvary. God's plan for all is that we become co-heirs with his son.

How can they (non-believers) discern who is actually from God before reviewing the Bible?

This question assumes that the non-believer already believes in God but does not know how to get to him or know what message comes from him. The answer is to go directly to God in sincerity and prayer. God will definitely respond, unless he is indifferent and cannot be bothered. . .  which is biblically not the case.

But is it consistent for one to actually continue to accept something as being true when we can and have demonstrated them as being false scientifically?

what biblical account has been demonstrated as false? and by whom?

When you say "infallible word of God", does this mean that it cannot be wrong or that any errors in it were made by the writers?

The bible was written as a prayer and faith tool. In the context of prayer and faith, it cannot be wrong. why use the bible for scientific exploration?

Not quite. In some cases, the information available in the Bible is quite enough to conclude that the writer simply did not have access to the sort of information we currently possess.

This was the point I made when I asserted that the bible cannot be used to construct an historical argument. . . it was not designed to do so.

I disagree. I think that the "scientific" reasons presented are actually not plausible. And, some of the stories can be dismissed as myths.
Considering the creation story for instance, which of the two do we actually go with?
Then about the flood, could there actually have been a flood large enough to cover the highest peaks on earth?

1. if u objectively look at the creation accounts . . . .I think it is more plausible than evolution or any other theory. As it postulates a super-intelligent being creating an intelligent universe full of life. it is both absurd and intellectually backward to suggest that the universe and the essentials of life as we see it today is an accidental occurrence.

2. You are actually assuming that the earth was always like this. .   in this scattered and divided form. There are plausible scientific notions that suggest that the earth was not always like this and was most importantly not in this form when Noah's flood took place. And again have u heard of rootless polystrate fossils? they IMO explain Noah's flood in graphic terms.

So do I take this as the instructions given in the Bible all being equally valid and binding on believers?

Valid . . .YES. but no one said anything about being bound to follow this instructions. The old covenant has been replaced with the new covenant. they both complement and reveal each other. So while the entire scriptures is valid, its interpretation should be subject to the spirit of God.

If it contains as you mentioned patriarchs and prophecies, we can at least evaluate some of these.
Though I do think that it is inconsistent and that it has been used to govern other men, I do not think it is worthless. But I wonder what Godly things you're talking about that other humans simply do not extend to others

Faith as described in the Bible seems quite problematic to me. It requires acceptance without evidence or with poor evidence.

This is just an opinion . . . . IMO its an uninformed opinion.

But I need to determine how to differentiate the voice of God from our regular conscience.

Ask God in prayer.

So going by the story, was the child conceived with Hagar a good or bad idea?

Abraham tried to interpret God's simple and direct instructions using his carnal knowledge only to end up doing something contrary to the plan of God. The situation Abraham found himself is the same situation many believers who hear directly from God also find themselves.

hearing from God gives u an extra responsibility of humility .  ,   to ask for clarification for even the simplest instructions.

Nah I think that if you can actually communicate with God and you can actually receive responses from him that are unambiguous, then you must be quite special indeed. wink
Of course we all have a lot to learn. I'm learning right now.  cheesy

you are entitled to ur opinion.  cheesy
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2010
jesus.:

U may not think so, but  u are an overzealous person. Typical example is the way u go about your obsession with God and Olaadegbu. Where ever he goes or start of a thread u seem to 'know' too much and jump in to start questioning his posts no?

My obsession with God and Olaadegbu? Are you fine with his spreading disinformation? That may be fine with you but not with me. As long as this is an open forum and I'm a member, I will selectively post where I wish.
You may need to review what you mean by and "obsession with him" because he has started numerous threads. Can you present a ratio of threads he has started that I've responded in to the number of threads he has started? I think it would be quite low.

jesus.:

Point 2 U conceived this same thread on same in which noetic on the other thread made a post to the author and u jumped in to make a request from noetic which led to this subject thread no?

I made a request and he accepted. This is how polite and civilized individuals relate with one another.

jesus.:

Point 3  I went through your previous posts and saw that not once but twice and on two separate threads u made allegations on Toba's posts which weren't true, that made him backed out of the discussion No?

You may need to further properly review the threads of those posts. If I did make allegations that were not true, I rectified them. Review those posts.

jesus.:

So what do u call the above actions of yours?

That is reasonable activity on an open online forum.

jesus.:

Let me help u out. Two pple havent started speaking as regards this thread cos when i made my post on the advice, noetic was yet to respond to your questions isnt that true?
In your case its overzealousness and irrational

We had started a conversation though it was on another thread, it pertained to this topic.
I guess you have a different concept of what overzealousness and irrationality actually are.

jesus.:

Why did u ask me in the first place was my advice directed to u? May be u wanted an advice from me as well which i might have given if u sort through the right channel

What channel would that be?

jesus.:

Yes cos there was nothing in my advice that directly points to me wanting to be part of the discussion. As in this case was there any of such in my post to noetic?

Try to understand what you were doing. You were trying to advice someone else thereby implying that you probably had some opinions on the topic at hand. People don't try to offer advice if they feel the person they're trying to advice already has a good enough grip on the situation.

jesus.:

Means u took a wrong step by inviting someone who might not want to honour your invitation based on hs/hr perception of your antecedence.

I couldn't have known that until I actually asked.

jesus.:

Thats a bull crap. How do u know that jesus isnt my real name to have alleged that its a fictitious name? Thats sure overzealousness and 'ITK' on your part

That was a guess on my part and I fully admit this to be the case. How is this overzealousness? Of course to you I do seem to know a lot but remember that I am connected to the Internet while accessing this forum.

jesus.:

which new testament are u referring to?

Do you have another one that I may be referring to?

jesus.:

I would have loved to answer u, but wouldn't. Reason being that u have said its 'Handle' and u now got your reasoning back to ask a logical question at the wrong time. U should have asked this before irrationally talking about Handle no? MR questionnaire. U got it wrong this time

Of course you may wish to retreat and run when the question has been posed directly thereby cutting off your long stories and poor attempts at evasion.
Or you could answer the question resolving the issue once and for all.

jesus.:

Im happy u are contradicting your self. How come u dont know and yet u compared me with the 'son of God' ? Could either mean u are a liar or just made another irrational postU said the above, now defend your statement u said i don't know. How come? My handle is similar 'yes' how do u know  God has a son? simple

How have I contradicted myself? There is a reason why the phrase "Son of God" is in quotation marks.
You may also want to understand the meaning of the word "irrational" because I don't think you're using it correctly.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2010
@thehomer,

Read the bible.  It will scare the hell out of you.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2010
thehomer:

My obsession with God and Olaadegbu? Are you fine with his spreading disinformation? That may be fine with you but not with me. As long as this is an open forum and I'm a member, I will selectively post where I wish.
You may need to review what you mean by and "obsession with him" because he has started numerous threads. Can you present a ratio of threads he has started that I've responded in to the number of threads he has started? I think it would be quite low.
Yea just feel free to display ur 'all knowing' ability since u claim that another person is 'spreading disinformation'.
In fact use same 'knowledge' to present the ratio since this directly concerns you

thehomer:

I made a request and he accepted. This is how polite and civilized individuals relate with one another.
Really i hope u wouldn't make allegation(s) against noetic to be 'spreading disinformation' upon concluding the discussion

thehomer:

You may need to further properly review the threads of those posts. If I did make allegations that were not true, I rectified them. Review those posts.
I may then say u actually admitted to have made unwarranted error and could possibly have been as a result of overzealousness or being unconscious when the post was made before being rectified

thehomer:

That is reasonable activity on an open online forum.
To make frivolous comments and posts and later rectify is also part an open online forum

thehomer:

[b]We had started a conversation though it was on another thread,[/b] it pertained to this topic.
I guess you have a different concept of what overzealousness and irrationality actually are.
Thk you which means the scenario is brought up isn't applicable on this thread

thehomer:

What channel would that be?
sems u know how to ask questions. Give it a try once more i may oblige u then
thehomer:

Try to understand what you were doing. [b]You were trying to advice someone else thereby implying that you probably had some opinions on the topic at hand. [/b]People don't try to offer advice if they feel the person they're trying to advice already has a good enough grip on the situation.
This is increadible. where did u get this logic from? OMG i hope u wouldnt want to discuss with noetic with this kind or reasoning. If u do that im sure this thread might not end well. U mean for u to advice on a subject implies u have 'probably had some opinions on the topic at hand'?
So no man/woman could possibly give advice with prior knowledge or experience on the subject?

thehomer:

I couldn't have known that until I actually asked.

Why didnt u ask instead of first comparing and talking about 'handle'? u placed the cart before the horse grin grin shocked shocked shocked
thehomer:

That was a guess on my part and I fully admit this to be the case. How is this overzealousness? Of course to you I do seem to know a lot but remember that I am connected to the Internet while accessing this forum.
U must really be 'good at wrong guessing" Im sure thats what u probably have done on the thread u and toba had issues on some of ur posts which u found to be wrong before u rectified. Hope u would do same here if u erred by chance
thehomer:

Do you have another one that I may be referring to?
Ridiculous question. U talked about new testament, Kindly tell me the new testament u were referring to

thehomer:

Of course you may wish to retreat and run when the question has been posed directly thereby cutting off your long stories and poor attempts at evasion.
Or you could answer the question resolving the issue once and for all.

How many of mine have u answered mr guesser/ mr rectifier?

thehomer:

How have I contradicted myself? There is a reason why the phrase "Son of God" is in quotation marks.
You may also want to understand the meaning of the word "irrational" because I don't think you're using it correctly.

that one nah story
here it is

'son of God? how do u know God has a son? and that i have a handle similar to that of his son?
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^^ Mr. Jesus, the word "handle" as used by thehomer refers to a pseudonym - "psuedonym" here refers to the adopted name you use on nairaland. The adopted name you use on nairaland is "jesus". For this reason thehomer simply means that since you adopted that name, perhaps you might also have some perspectives on the famous one called "Jesus of Nazareth."

Don't push it. Its embarrasing you ddn't get that.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Mr. Jesus, the word "handle" as used by thehomer refers to a pseudonym - "psuedonym" here refers to the adopted name you use on nairaland. The adopted name you use on nairaland is "jesus". For this reason thehomer simply means that since you adopted that name, perhaps you might also have some perspectives on the famous one called "Jesus of Nazareth."

Don't push it. Its embarrasing you ddn't get that.

Whats this one saying. Seems u just woke up from slumber and posted in a haste. Who's talking about the meaning of 'handle' in the context of it being used here. Cant u read my post on the various quotes, are they all talking about 'handle'?

He asked if my real name is jesus after first claiming thats its a handle(my forum name) thats what i said in my post above in response to his question. Also making a comparison which was what the last part of my post was centered on

I dont know who requsted ur assistance here as regards 'handle'
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2010
jesus.:

Whats this one saying. Seems u just woke up from slumber and posted in a haste. Who's talking about the meaning of 'handle' in the context of it being used here. Cant u read my post on the various quotes, are they all talking about 'handle'?

He asked if my real name is jesus after first claiming thats its a handle(my forum name) thats what i said in my post above in response to his question. Also making a comparison which was what the last part of my post was centered on

I dont know who requsted your assistance here as regards 'handle'
thats true, i followed the discussion a bit but was later pieced off. Deepsight u posted in a hurry man
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^ u dey mind the guy. Another ITK
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^^ Nope, I disagree - and here's the proof -

Quote from: jesus. on Yesterday at 09:00:42 PM

Which readily shows Mr. Jesus did not grasp the usage.

- but its none of my business anyhow. I should shut my mouth and await noetic/ thehomer to progress the original discourse.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 6:24pm On Aug 24, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Nope, I disagree - and here's the proof -

Quote from: jesus. on Yesterday at 09:00:42 PM
Which readily shows Mr. Jesus did not grasp the usage.

- but its none of my business anyhow. I should shut my mouth and await noetic/ thehomer to progress the original discourse.

U are still talking nonsense. that was done on purpose to ask him what he meant in the context of it being used,which he did. If u reasoned well u would know im on the internet and its easy to Google out any word that might be difficult

handle could mean any of the following

Be in charge of, act on, or dispose of

Interact in a certain way

Touch, lift, or hold with the hands

Handle effectively
A way of understanding or controlling something

Show and train

and lot more. Pls don't make me angry DS
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2010
Ok, o.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2010
^ u now bi correct guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Nigerians Really Believe That They Are Descendants Of Adam? / Some Of The Yoruba Names That May Be Against The Book Of Life / Christmas Carol Songs Lyrics, (images And Videos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.