Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,838 members, 7,945,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:15 AM

Some Questions For Noetic16 - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Questions For Noetic16 (2768 Views)

All Atheists, Some Questions For You / Sukkot, I Have Some Questions For You / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2010
thehomer:

Wow you must really love being embarrassed.
No, u should direct the statement to your self. U did the mis calculation and not me

thehomer:

So do you actually think posting in 8 out of 111 is obsessive? You now also wish to add a poor ability of evaluation to the mix.
Yes and the poor 'ability of evaluation' was displayed by u after all 7 and 8 aren't the same no?

thehomer:

There you've stated it. The thread was about two issues being considered simultaneously. And you claim to be able to understand.
How do u reason? two issues and how many of those issues were u guys arguing about out of the two?

thehomer:

What do you mean? I already told you that the reason for this thread was from the previous one. You really need to resolve your confusion or clarify what you're saying.
U are looking for a run away tactics. Go and review the nasty scenario u posted Mr man

thehomer:

This coming from you? Just read the question in the first line of your quote.
Whats wrong with it?

thehomer:

I see. How did you expect me to understand that from the below quote? Also, what do you mean by the last sentence there?

thehomer:

Do you think they seem to mean the same thing?

Any way, do you see the sort of reasoning you're demonstrating here? Would you offer advice if you know nothing about the subject being discussed? Would you listen to a person who knows nothing about the subject being discussed? Your poor logic knows no bounds.  shocked
Whats this trash u are saying here? why don't u prove that anyone who offers advice must be implying that he/she has prior knowledge to the topic he/she is trying to give advice on and stop chasing shadows

thehomer:

There is no reason for me to take it as your real name but it is your handle on this forum. Again, you may wish to note that many nairalanders do not use their real names here; just handles.
Tell me something. Why the word 'many' how do u know that 'many nairalanders do not use their real names here; just handles' ? if u are told to prove it, u will then display your poor evaluation ability. Why do pple like u homer like talking trash. If u believed that im using a handle on NL thats your problem and IF u also believe other wise thats also your problem. I stand to loose or gain nothing from u as regards that. What im telling u to stop making wrong guesses which is usual of u

thehomer:

Again, responding in 7 or 8 or 20 out of 111 is obsessive? You need to get your ability of evaluating proportionality checked.

U better keep quite and don't embarrass your self more. U displayed poor evaluation technique yet u still have mouth to talk abi? U did the evaluation your self and not me

thehomer:

Which ever came first I'm asking now, is it your real name? You must really love trying to evade but you just don't know how to do it.
It seems u have a challenge. It took u time to concede that u made the guess before asking the question( putting the cart before the horse), yet  U still have the gouts to ask this question after saying this
thehomer:

There is no reason for me to take it as your real name but i[/b]t [b]is your handle on this forum. Again, you may wish to note that many nairalanders do not use their real names here; just handles.
U need to examine your reasoning ability. Why asking when u ve already said the bolded words. isn't it obvious that u are embarrassing your self here?

thehomer:

Again your confusion manifests itself.

Its your comprehension challenge thats being displayed
thehomer:

For evidence presented, review the responses I've given on some of OLAADEGBU's threads.
I see that you're still learning to use the quotation marks. I see you wish to redefine frivolous. You really need to review my posts on the relevant topics.

Just keep quite. U have the internet to log on to. Find out what 'frivolous' means and we then relate it to your posts on the subject threads and see if they do not match.

thehomer:

I already answered them on #18
You need to stop embarrassing yourself here.
Lets see your response on post 18  to my question

jesus. on August 24, 2010, 09:37 AM:

U haven't answered the questions i asked. here they are again
'son of God? how do u know God has a son? and that i have a handle similar to that of his son?'

your response

[quote author thehomer on August 24, 2010, 10:12 AM]
I don't know this but you seem to be a Christian
[quote][/quote]
Can u now see that u are embarrassing your self? u made a comparison and yet u couldn't support your claim with any evidence. Does that make any sense to u?

[size=15pt]How do u know God has a son thehomer[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2010
@ thehomer - you regard time as a fabric? Did you read the links i directed you to?
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 4:51pm On Aug 30, 2010
Deep Sight:

@ thehomer - you regard time as a fabric? Did you read the links i directed you to?

Yeah I checked them and on the whole, I do agree with the space-time concept which is easily perceived at the scale of the universe.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2010
Right.

Q. What is Time?

Have you considered the possibility that our universe exists within ONE time dimension along with other universes/ entities in much the same way as planetary bodies exist within this universe in the SAME time dimension?

If that could be the case is there any reason to suppose that "time" only came to exist at the inception of the universe.

Is time not a permanent, non-contingent and self-existent precept?
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2010
jesus.:

No, u should direct the statement to your self. U did the mis calculation and not me
Yes and the poor 'ability of evaluation' was displayed by u after all 7 and 8 aren't the same no?

Again you show how difficult it is for you to evaluate proportions.

jesus.:

How do u reason? two issues and how many of those issues were u guys arguing about out of the two?

Go and read my posts there.

jesus.:

U are looking for a run away tactics. Go and review the nasty scenario u posted Mr man

Nasty scenario?

jesus.:

Whats wrong with it?
Whats this trash u are saying here? why don't u prove that anyone who offers advice must be implying that he/she has prior knowledge to the topic he/she is trying to give advice on and stop chasing shadows

Ahh your poor logic keeps manifesting itself. You should also understand how the word "proof" should be used in such a discussion.
Now please answer this simple question. Would you offer advice if you know nothing about what is being discussed? Will accept advice from someone who knows nothing about what is being discussed?

jesus.:

Tell me something. Why the word 'many' how do u know that 'many nairalanders do not use their real names here; just handles' ? if u are told to prove it, u will then display your poor evaluation ability. Why do pple like u homer like talking trash. If u believed that im using a handle on NL thats your problem and IF u also believe other wise thats also your problem. I stand to loose or gain nothing from u as regards that. What im telling u to stop making wrong guesses which is usual of u
U better keep quite and don't embarrass your self more. U displayed poor evaluation technique yet u still have mouth to talk abi? U did the evaluation your self and not me
It seems u have a challenge. It took u time to concede that u made the guess before asking the question( putting the cart before the horse), yet  U still have the gouts to ask this question after saying thisU need to examine your reasoning ability. Why asking when u ve already said the bolded words. isn't it obvious that u are embarrassing your self here?
Its your comprehension challenge thats being displayed

You really should try to remedy your ignorance.
Whatever you use here as your username is your handle.

jesus.:

Just keep quite. U have the internet to log on to. Find out what 'frivolous' means and we then relate it to your posts on the subject threads and see if they do not match.

You go ahead and do that. You're also free to present the evidence of the posts being frivolous since you're making the claim.

jesus.:

Lets see your response on post 18  to my question

your response

Can u now see that u are embarrassing your self? u made a comparison and yet u couldn't support your claim with any evidence. Does that make any sense to u?

[size=15pt]How do u know God has a son thehomer[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

How difficult is it to comprehend? Here let me spell it out for you.
Your handle here is "jesus." (Check your posts it's right next to them).
The name of the Messiah in the New Testament was "Jesus". Do you now understand the reason for the comparison?
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2010
Deep Sight:

Right.

Q. What is Time?

I think the definition would depend on what is being discussed.

Deep Sight:

Have you considered the possibility that our universe exists within ONE time dimension along with other universes/ entities in much the same way as planetary bodies exist within this universe in the SAME time dimension?

At the scale of the universe, space-time would be a more useful concept than the concept of independent time.
I see no reason to consider this because we are discussing about time in this universe that we are in.

Deep Sight:

If that could be the case is there any reason to suppose that "time" only came to exist at the inception of the universe.

Like I said, since we are in this universe, our perception of time depends on our observations within this one.

Deep Sight:

Is time not a permanent, non-contingent and self-existent precept?

I don't think so.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 5:39pm On Aug 30, 2010
Can you give me your reasons for "not thinking so."

For time, is afterall, incontestably an intangible.

This renders it per force non-contingent, self-existent and permanent.

I need you to define 'time' first: then we can have a basis for discussing the issues.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2010
thehomer:

The name of the Messiah in the New Testament was "Jesus". Do you now understand the reason for the comparison?

I tried to explain it to him, but he wouldn't listen. Frankly I don't think you should bother responding. He has it all mixed up and absolutely will not listen. I suspect he is actually the same person as another poster whom I will not mention. If you respond further you only drag yourself into an incoherent discourse.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2010
Hello Deep sight, do you have viaro's email or other form of contact. I need to reach him. thanks
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2010
^^^ It might surprise you that inspite of our extensive discussions and debates, I do not know who Viaro is. I have neither his name or contact.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 30, 2010
^^^ You cant be serious. You once opened a thread on Parley at least to ease off the too much seriousness on NL.

I think we really need to have our contacts exchanged. I dont know why i really like that guy viaro
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2010
thehomer:

Again you show how difficult it is for you to evaluate proportions.

Whats this u are saying. Who did the evaluation what is me or u?

thehomer:

Go and read my posts there.

I have already done that. Tell me whats new

thehomer:

Nasty scenario?

Yea pls check it out, its on the previous page

thehomer:

Ahh your poor logic keeps manifesting itself. You should also understand how the word "proof" should be used in such a discussion.
Now please answer this simple question. Would you offer advice if you know nothing about what is being discussed?
I don't know

thehomer:

Will accept advice from someone who knows nothing about what is being discussed?
Does the above make sense? I can really get it

thehomer:

You really should try to remedy your ignorance.
Whatever you use here as your username is your handle.
If u are so sure its a handle why then did u ask if jesus was actually my name outside of Nairaland?

thehomer:

You go ahead and do that. You're also free to present the evidence of the posts being frivolous since you're making the claim.

U asked a question on the use of the word frivolous, which i directed u on what to do and u are yet to do so pertaining to the subject thread

thehomer:

No the question is how do u know God has a son? Once u answer this, i would be half satisfied
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by DeepSight(m): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2010
toba:

^^^ You cant be serious. You once opened a thread on Parley at least to ease off the too much seriousness on NL.

I think we really need to have our contacts exchanged. I dont know why i really like that guy viaro

^^^ He's a terrific dude. I have just opened a thread to invoke him.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2010
^^^^^
lets hope the 'gods' will bring him back lol
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 30, 2010
@ jesus what is happening between you and the thread author?
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2010
toba:

@ jesus what is happening between you and the thread author?
It doesn't concern u. Stay out of this
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2010
^^ no it does not concern me. i want want to be a peace maker
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2010
Deep Sight:

Can you give me your reasons for "not thinking so."
For time, is afterall, incontestably an intangible.

Yes it is intangible.

Deep Sight:

This renders it per force non-contingent, self-existent and permanent.

No the fact that it is intangible does not also make it non-contingent. Also, since I think time in this universe started with the origin of this universe, I don't think it's permanent.
About self-existent, I'm not sure we can say this about time because I think that for something to be self existent, it should also be tangible.
About non-contingence, I don't think time would have much meaning if we cannot compare it to something else. Since whatever we attempt to use to measure/compare it is from or part of this universe, then it cannot be non-contingent.

Deep Sight:

I need you to define 'time' first: then we can have a basis for discussing the issues.

For the purpose of this discussion, since it's about this universe, I think space-time would be more appropriate than just time. Should I define what I mean by space-time?
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2010
jesus.:

Whats this u are saying. Who did the evaluation what is me or u?

You would be better off trying to understand what was being evaluated which is how many threads a person has to respond in will one be considered to be obsessive.

jesus.:

I have already done that. Tell me whats new

You don't seem to understand it. You may need to go through it again.

jesus.:

Yea pls check it out, its on the previous page

You could simply paste this scenario and what you understand about it here

jesus.:

I don't know

Ohh? This is even worse. You don't know if you would offer advice on something you know nothing about.

jesus.:

Does the above make sense? I can really get it

I omitted a word there. Here is the question again.
Will you accept advice from someone who knows nothing about what is being discussed?

jesus.:

If u are so sure its a handle why then did u ask if jesus was actually my name outside of Nairaland?

I asked because you were wailing that it may be more than that to you. And of course, you've been trying to evade answering and failing at it.

jesus.:

U asked a question on the use of the word frivolous, which i directed u on what to do and u are yet to do so pertaining to the subject thread

You can simply present your evidence on what you considered frivolous and let me make it clear enough for you to understand.

jesus.:

No the question is how do u know God has a son? Once u answer this, i would be half satisfied

I already answered this please go back, read and understand what I've posted.
Have you read the New Testament that refers to Jesus?

I don't think I have the time or energy to even start trying to satisfy you on any issue with the difficulties you've been displaying here.
It seems I'll just have to take Deep Sight's advice.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22am On Aug 31, 2010
thehomer:

Do you have any good evidence of the creation of my conscience?

The evidence that God created your conscience is that it alerts you of what is written in the Moral Law, it is now up to you whether your take heed to it's whistle or not.  You may not even hear the whistle again because you have deactivated it with your false ideologies.  The Bible says some have "seared" consciences, that is, they have removed the batteries from the smoke alarm of their consciences so that they can now sin without interruption.  The only way to reactivate or resurrect your deadened conscience is for you to go through each of those questions (Moral Law) I asked earlier and it will remind you that is wrong to tell lies, to steal, to commit adultery or to commit murder, etc. You may wish to try to answer then again here - http://www.areyouagoodperson.org/

thehomer:

Some of the laws you mentioned had nothing to do with morality.
Which one of them is the "Moral Law"?

All the 10 questions asked is the Moral Law and these are written in your conscience which God will use to judge on the Judgment Day.

"Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another" (Romans 2:15 The Evidence Bible).

Here we can see that God has shown His light to every human being on the face of the earth by what He has written in our consciences.  The conscience means with knowledge.  The conscience is the headline warning us of sin, the Bible gives us the small print and that is why no one can boldly say that that they don't know that it is wrong  to commit murder or to tell lies or any of the questions I asked earlier because that knowledge is written boldly on our hearts.  The Moral Law of God makes us see the true nature of our sin and how we are depraved.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 8:24am On Aug 31, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

The evidence that God created your conscience is that it alerts you of what is written in the Moral Law, it is now up to you whether your take heed to it's whistle or not.  You may not even hear the whistle again because you have deactivated it with your false ideologies.  The Bible says some have "seared" consciences, that is, they have removed the batteries from the smoke alarm of their consciences so that they can now sin without interruption.  The only way to reactivate or resurrect your deadened conscience is for you to go through each of those questions (Moral Law) I asked earlier and it will remind you that is wrong to tell lies, to steal, to commit adultery or to commit murder, etc. You may wish to try to answer then again here - http://www.areyouagoodperson.org/

I've not been alerted on the first four. The others could easily develop in a social group.

OLAADEGBU:

All the 10 questions asked is the Moral Law and these are written in your conscience which God will use to judge on the Judgment Day.

Like I said, the first four are not written in my conscience.

OLAADEGBU:

"Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another" (Romans 2:15 The Evidence Bible).

Here we can see that God has shown His light to every human being on the face of the earth by what He has written in our consciences.  The conscience means with knowledge.  The conscience is the headline warning us of sin, the Bible gives us the small print and that is why no one can boldly say that that they don't know that it is wrong  to commit murder or to tell lies or any of the questions I asked earlier because that knowledge is written boldly on our hearts.  The Moral Law of God makes us see the true nature of our sin and how we are depraved.

How should we consider interactions not written in the ten?

I think you need better evidence than what you've presented above.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2010
thehomer:

I've not been alerted on the first four. The others could easily develop in a social group.

The Bible says that if we are aware of sin in our hearts the Lord will not hear us.

thehomer:

Like I said, the first four are not written in my conscience.

Could that mean that you have removed the batteries to your smoke detector? undecided

thehomer:

How should we consider interactions not written in the ten?

Our interactions are both vertical and horizontal. As social and spirit beings we interact with our Creator through our spirits and socially with our fellow humans, since our spirit man is dead because of sin we are left with our consciences that serves as a backup batteries which get reactivated when we observe the Moral Law written in the Scriptures. Our spirit man gets resurrected when we accept the gift of eternal life when we repent of our sins and turn towards God in faith, it is only after then that our spirits are then connected with the Holy Spirit and we are awaken to the things of God as well as our responsibilities to our Maker.

thehomer:

I think you need better evidence than what you've presented above.

The fact that everything you see around you is governed by laws should tell you that there is no escaping from the supreme Judge who will judge every soul based on the Moral Law on Judgment Day. Our morals would be judged based on His absolute Morality and He became a man so as to pay for the eternal penalty that we may not face this Judgment ourselves, it will be a great insult if you ignore this free gift only for you to face your maker unprepared.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 3:16pm On Aug 31, 2010
I feel like letting u be on this subject, cos it seems u are running out of gas. One more throw before i go

thehomer:

You would be better off trying to understand what was being evaluated which is how many threads a person has to respond in will one be considered to be obsessive.
There was an error in ur evaluation lets see

thehomer on: August 24, 2010, 10:26 PM »]
I have responded on less than 7 of these topics. And more recently, on three of them.
[/quote]
and this
thehomer on: August 25, 2010, 03:15 PM »:

Though from what you've posted here, it seems I've already replied in 8 of your topics.

well thats what im talking about

[quote author=thehomer:

You don't seem to understand it. You may need to go through it again.
I understand it well well. You need to do an overview on it

thehomer:

You could simply paste this scenario and what you understand about it here
U posted it in the first place, tell us what u were talking about

thehomer:

Ohh? This is even worse. You don't know if you would offer advice on something you know nothing about.
It may be worse to u but not to reasonable people
Yea any crime in that? i don't know means when the time comes then i may decide on offering advice or not. I don't know until that thing comes up

thehomer:

I omitted a word there. Here is the question again.
Will you accept advice from someone who knows nothing about what is being discussed?
What caused the omission? were u drinking? lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

thehomer:

I asked because you were wailing that it may be more than that to you. And of course, you've been trying to evade answering and failing at it.
Im not evading it, If u had asked first, i may have told u. Rather u guessed first. So im angry with u grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

thehomer:

You can simply present your evidence on what you considered frivolous and let me make it clear enough for you to understand.
No No No No. U made some statements which wasn't part of ur discussions on those threads. Try to relate the actions to what frivolous means is what im telling to do

thehomer:

I already answered this please go back, read and understand what I've posted.
Have you read the New Testament that refers to Jesus?
No i haven't, that was why i asked how did u know God has a son and you are yet to answer till now. Im u know best purposely evading.

thehomer:

[b]I don't think I have the time or energy to even start trying to satisfy you [/b]on any issue with the difficulties you've been displaying here.
It seems I'll just have to take Deep Sight's advice.
Thats a lie. Im not satisfied yet. If u quit, i quit as well and vice versa
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 9:03pm On Sep 01, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

The Bible says that if we are aware of sin in our hearts the Lord will not hear us.

This is a non-sequitur.

OLAADEGBU:

Could that mean that you have removed the batteries to your smoke detector? undecided

I don't think that analogy works here. Could you clarify what you mean?

OLAADEGBU:

Our interactions are both vertical and horizontal. As social and spirit beings we interact with our Creator through our spirits and socially with our fellow humans, since our spirit man is dead because of sin we are left with our consciences that serves as a backup batteries which get reactivated when we observe the Moral Law written in the Scriptures. Our spirit man gets resurrected when we accept the gift of eternal life when we repent of our sins and turn towards God in faith, it is only after then that our spirits are then connected with the Holy Spirit and we are awaken to the things of God as well as our responsibilities to our Maker.

This does not answer the question.

OLAADEGBU:

The fact that everything you see around you is governed by laws should tell you that there is no escaping from the supreme Judge who will judge every soul based on the Moral Law on Judgment Day. Our morals would be judged based on His absolute Morality and He became a man so as to pay for the eternal penalty that we may not face this Judgment ourselves, it will be a great insult if you ignore this free gift only for you to face your maker unprepared.

There are various types of laws. There are prescriptive laws and descriptive laws. Each of them has a different applications.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 9:10pm On Sep 01, 2010
jesus.:

I feel like letting u be on this subject, cos it seems u are running out of gas. One more throw before i go
There was an error in your evaluation lets see
and this
well thats what im talking about

I understand it well well. You need to do an overview on it
U posted it in the first place, tell us what u were talking about
It may be worse to u but not to reasonable people
Yea any crime in that? i don't know means when the time comes then i may decide on offering advice or not. I don't know until that thing comes up
What caused the omission? were u drinking? lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Im not evading it, If u had asked first, i may have told u. Rather u guessed first. So im angry with u grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No No No No. U made some statements which wasn't part of your discussions on those threads. Try to relate the actions to what frivolous means is what im telling to do

No i haven't, that was why i asked how did u know God has a son and you are yet to answer till now. Im u know best purposely evading.

Thats a lie. Im not satisfied yet. If u quit, i quit as well and vice versa
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin

I see you've resorted to quote mining. You seem to remind me of some other outrageous Nairaland character. Anyway, I'm done with you. Feel free to return when you're better able to evaluate information.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by jesus3: 9:23am On Sep 02, 2010
Ok lets make it even. You started it and i'll end it
thehomer:

I see you've resorted to quote mining. You seem to remind me of some other outrageous Nairaland character. Anyway, I'm done with you. Feel free to return when you're better able to evaluate information.
As per quote mining, may be its cos of my job of that entails investigation
when u are chanced, u might want to let me know the outrageous Nairaland character
I ve always been able to evaluate information my man.

Take care, we might be some other time to have a friendly discussion soon cool cool cool cool cool smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:44am On Sep 02, 2010
thehomer:

This is a non-sequitur.

What it means is that if you are spiritually dead you cannot hear God. "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Corinthians 2:14).

thehomer:

I don't think that analogy works here. Could you clarify what you mean?

The Moral Law should ring in your conscience and if it doesn't it means that you have muffled or silenced it.

thehomer:

This does not answer the question.

If I may ask, what are the interactions you feel are not covered in the Moral Law?

thehomer:

There are various types of laws. There are prescriptive laws and descriptive laws. Each of them has a different applications.

All laws are set in motion by the Law Giver. Any attempt to disobey the law of gravity will be met with dire consequences equally our attempt to breach the moral law will be met with the consequence of facing the Absolute Moral Giver on Judgment Day.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 5:45pm On Sep 02, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

What it means is that if you are spiritually dead you cannot hear God. "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Corinthians 2:14).

So do [b]you [/b]hear God?

OLAADEGBU:

The Moral Law should ring in your conscience and if it doesn't it means that you have muffled or silenced it.

So have cultures that know nothing about your laws muffled or silenced them?

OLAADEGBU:

If I may ask, what are the interactions you feel are not covered in the Moral Law?

Interactions such as abortions, homosexuality, fortune-telling etc.

OLAADEGBU:

All laws are set in motion by the Law Giver. Any attempt to disobey the law of gravity will be met with dire consequences equally our attempt to breach the moral law will be met with the consequence of facing the Absolute Moral Giver on Judgment Day.

You are mixing them up.
The Law of Gravity is descriptive. It was written by humans based on observation and experiment. It may still be modified if a better description is available.
Your moral laws are designed also by humans for interaction amongst humans.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:02am On Sep 03, 2010
thehomer:

So do [b]you [/b]hear God?

Yes I do. The verse I quoted earlier says that the "natural man" cannot understand the things of the Spirit of God, this is why you will find it difficult to understand the Word of God when He speaks. Most people here on nairaland may not be able to speak and understand the Chinese language but a child born and bred into a Chinese family will have no difficulty comprehending and understanding his mother's tongue. For you to understand God when He speaks you have to be born into God's family by being born again where God's Holy Spirit will be able to commune and interact with your spirit. The moment you become part of God's family, you will be able to hear God speak to you.

thehomer:

So have cultures that know nothing about your laws muffled or silenced them?

"For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law to themselves: Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another" (Romans 2:14-15 The Evidence Bible).

This verse shows that everyone in every culture possesses a conscience which is the internal perception of God's law.

thehomer:

Interactions such as abortions, homosexuality, fortune-telling etc.

Abortions are covered under the command not to commit murder; homosexuality falls under adultery; fortune-telling is idolatory, read the questions posted on the Moral Law of God again and you will see that all interactions under the face of the earth are duly covered.

thehomer:

You are mixing them up.
The Law of Gravity is descriptive. It was written by humans based on observation and experiment. It may still be modified if a better description is available.
Your moral laws are designed also by humans for interaction amongst humans.

The Moral Law was written by the Creator Himself, the Creator of heaven and earth. All other laws where originated, created and designed by God, humans are only trying to discover and describe what they can observe and experiment. The best the scientist can do is to discover what laws God has put in place.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Yes I do. The verse I quoted earlier says that the "natural man" cannot understand the things of the Spirit of God, this is why you will find it difficult to understand the Word of God when He speaks. Most people here on nairaland may not be able to speak and understand the Chinese language but a child born and bred into a Chinese family will have no difficulty comprehending and understanding his mother's tongue. For you to understand God when He speaks you have to be born into God's family by being born again where God's Holy Spirit will be able to commune and interact with your spirit. The moment you become part of God's family, you will be able to hear God speak to you.

That's an interesting assertion. Are you ready to demonstrate that you actually hear from God?

OLAADEGBU:

"For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law to themselves: Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another" (Romans 2:14-15 The Evidence Bible).

This verse shows that everyone in every culture possesses a conscience which is the internal perception of God's law.

Not true. Often times, other cultures do not value the first four "moral laws" you posted.

OLAADEGBU:

Abortions are covered under the command not to commit murder;

I don't think abortion can be equated with murder because abortion is usually carried out when the embryo cannot survive outside of the mother.

OLAADEGBU:

homosexuality falls under adultery;

If the partners are married would you still consider it adultery?

OLAADEGBU:

fortune-telling is idolatory,

How is fortune-telling idolatry? Fortune tellers do not have to worship idols.

OLAADEGBU:

read the questions posted on the Moral Law of God again and you will see that all interactions under the face of the earth are duly covered.

The Moral Law was written by the Creator Himself, the Creator of heaven and earth. All other laws where originated, created and designed by God, humans are only trying to discover and describe what they can observe and experiment. The best the scientist can do is to discover what laws God has put in place.

You're still conflating descriptive and prescriptive laws after being corrected.
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2010
thehomer:

That's an interesting assertion. Are you ready to demonstrate that you actually hear from God?

I don't think it will do you any good if I demonstrate how I hear from God. John Paul Getty said "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." If you want to hear from God you have to be born into the family of God.

thehomer:

Not true. Often times, other cultures do not value the first four "moral laws" you posted.

Other cultures that you are referring to do have the consciousness of God but they do not know this God which makes them go into idolatory.

"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves to the righeousness of God." (Romans 10:3 The Evidence Bible).

The religion they practise is their ways of dealing with their guilt and as a result they attempt to get rid of their sin and its consequences by denying themselves of some legitimate pleasures to the point of inflicting pain on themselves. They do this because they have a concept of what they think God or the gods is like, so they establish their own righteousness being ignorant of God's righteousness.

The good news of the Christian faith is that no one needs to suffer the pains of idol worship and its rituals. The blood of Jesus Christ can clean our consciences from dead works of cultures or religious works (Heb. 9:14). Jesus took our punishment upon Himself, and He is the only One who can save us from sin and death.

thehomer:

I don't think abortion can be equated with murder because abortion is usually carried out when the embryo cannot survive outside of the mother.

Can you define the onset of humanness?

thehomer:

If the partners are married would you still consider it adultery?

If a man decides to marry a cow does that make the marriage legal? Did you know that God instituted marriage and not humans? He instituted it to be between a man a woman. The fact that homosexuals say they are married does not make it legal even if when secular governments say so.

thehomer:

How is fortune-telling idolatry? Fortune tellers do not have to worship idols.

Anyone consulting familiar spirits is breaking the first and possibly the second commandment.

thehomer:

You're still conflating descriptive and prescriptive laws after being corrected.

What I mean is that everything in the universe is bound by laws, which has no choice but to obey. "ordinances of heaven and earth" (Jeremiah 33:25). God's logic is built into the universe, it obeys laws of chemistry which are logically derived from the laws of physics and laws of mathematics. The most fundamental laws of nature exist only because God wills them to. You are unable to account for the logical orderly state of the universe and my point is why should the universe obey laws if there is no law giver?
Re: Some Questions For Noetic16 by thehomer: 11:34pm On Sep 04, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

I don't think it will do you any good if I demonstrate how I hear from God. John Paul Getty said "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." If you want to hear from God you have to be born into the family of God.

Another non-sequitur. What I'm asking is if you are ready to demonstrate that you hear from your God. I hope you're not now going to start giving excuses as to why you cannot hear from your God.

OLAADEGBU:

Other cultures that you are referring to do have the consciousness of God but they do not know this God which makes them go into idolatory.

"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves to the righeousness of God." (Romans 10:3 The Evidence Bible).

The religion they practise is their ways of dealing with their guilt and as a result they attempt to get rid of their sin and its consequences by denying themselves of some legitimate pleasures to the point of inflicting pain on themselves. They do this because they have a concept of what they think God or the gods is like, so they establish their own righteousness being ignorant of God's righteousness.

So how have you determined that your God is the right one and not the one that was being worshipped in those other cultures?
Guilt? I don't think they felt guilty when the participants in those cultures were doing what they were doing.

OLAADEGBU:

The good news of the Christian faith is that no one needs to suffer the pains of idol worship and its rituals. The blood of Jesus Christ can clean our consciences from dead works of cultures or religious works (Heb. 9:14). Jesus took our punishment upon Himself, and He is the only One who can save us from sin and death.

Can you define the onset of humanness?

What features do you wish to classify as "humanness"?

OLAADEGBU:

If a man decides to marry a cow does that make the marriage legal? Did you know that God instituted marriage and not humans?

Humans invented marriage. Or do you have good evidence to the contrary?

OLAADEGBU:

He instituted it to be between a man a woman. The fact that homosexuals say they are married does not make it legal even if when secular governments say so.

It's not the government that says so, it's the law that decides what is legal or not.

OLAADEGBU:

Anyone consulting familiar spirits is breaking the first and possibly the second commandment.

How is this so? The medium does not have to worship the spirits they conjure up. How about the next two?

OLAADEGBU:

What I mean is that everything in the universe is bound by laws, which has no choice but to obey. "ordinances of heaven and earth" (Jeremiah 33:25). God's logic is built into the universe, it obeys laws of chemistry which are logically derived from the laws of physics and laws of mathematics.

Which obeys which? Is it God's logic that obeys chemistry or chemistry obeys God's logic? (That's going by what you've posted above.)

OLAADEGBU:

The most fundamental laws of nature exist only because God wills them to. You are unable to account for the logical orderly state of the universe and my point is why should the universe obey laws if there is no law giver?

You're still mixing them up. You're assuming that electromagnetic waves have some sort of conscious choice of being propagated at c through space. Or that water has an option of being made up of hydrogen and oxygen.
Again, the universe does not obey the laws, humans described the interactions observed in the universe, represented them mathematically and called them laws.
Even if (which is a big if) we are currently unable to account for anything, this does not mean you can plug the gap with whatever you like.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex Muslims Share Your Conversion Stories Here. / The Dark Secrets Of The Vatican Bank / MFM Church Arrests, Detains SaharaReporters' Publisher Sowore & Crew In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.