Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,609 members, 7,944,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced (6927 Views)

Actress Chika Ike Announces On Facebook - “I Am Now Officially Divorced” / "I Am Now Officially Divorced" - Chika Ike / Chika Ike Is Officially Divorced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by dayokanu(m): 3:58pm On Aug 24, 2010
Well with the gold digging nature of women nowadays, I guess its safe to have an iron clad pre-nup in place.

"Your money is our money, My money is mine" ideology and yet they in the same breath scream gender equality.

Elin clubbed Tiger and no one is talking about domestic violence the same way they screamed when Chris brown was involved.

Duh!!! You cheat with at least 10 women and you think your jobless wife would want to stay when she'll be richer divorced? Who's the dumb one? Yea, ok.

So how does money compensate for cheating? what price does she pay for the physical abuse? With Tigers money she lived a life she couldnt have worked for in 100 lifetime and now she wants compensation? Tiger cheated. She beat him up, In law abuse should be worse. But you never know with all these gold digging women.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by omar22(m): 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2010
And you think the next lady wouldn't con her way into milking him still? I've realized that people like him never learn.

It wont happen,  she would be lucky to walk away with her undies

Unless if she delivers loads of kids for him,  apart from that, she would be lucky to get him to the alter let alone getting him to say "I Will"
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Ladyjide(f): 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2010
dayokanu:

Well with the gold digging nature of women nowadays, I guess its safe to have an iron clad pre-nup in place.

"Your money is our money, My money is mine" ideology and yet they in the same breath scream gender equality.

Elin clubbed Tiger and no one is talking about domestic violence the same way they screamed when Chris brown was involved.

So how does money compensate for cheating? what price does she pay for the physical abuse? With Tigers money she lived a life she couldnt have worked for in 100 lifetime and now she wants compensation? Tiger cheated. She beat him up, In law abuse should be worse. But you never know with all these gold digging women.

What about the lying, cheating disrespectful nature of men these days. When will those that commit adultery  be made  accountable for their actions!!! Men, stop lying, stop cheating and stop being sloppy about your AFFAIRS !!!!,   He has completely humiliated her and their entire family with his tactics, and what price is that worth? No amount of money will get that back for her, no amount of money will help ease that pain.  She is wrong for clubbing him, YES, but by far the pain of what she has suffered in that of Tiger Woods hands is felt way harder, than any black eye or hit over the head that he suffered - any day. To me no amount of money is worth having my pride taken away, or finding out that the man that I stood before GOD and vowed too, is nothing but a liar, and a cheat, He was out Sexing random whores, probably not even using protection and  he wasnt even careful enough to ensure that he did not get caught, so obviously he didnt care!  Why should he care about some MONEY now, and from the looks of things the amount he is paying her isnt even putting a dent his pockets??    No money is worth me  being made a complete fool of in front of the whole world and not to talk of my friends and family. Bottom line he should have thought about the money before he committed the crime when he was sexing these girls, if it mattered to him that much!!
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by dayokanu(m): 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2010
If no amount of money would compensate, then why bother monetizing it?

Would you rather be paid by a cheating Spouse?

So if Tiger was broke, what would have been her compensation?

The thing is Tiger was wrong for cheating on her and she was just another gold digging LovePeddler.

Why not walk away and forget about the compensation as long as Tiger takes care of the kids?
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Ladyjide(f): 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2010
dayokanu:

If no amount of money would compensate, then why bother monetizing it?

Would you rather be paid by a cheating Spouse?

So if Tiger was broke, what would have been her compensation?

The thing is Tiger was wrong for cheating on her and she was just another gold digging LovePeddler.

Why not walk away and forget about the compensation as long as Tiger takes care of the kids?
One thing we cant do is compare a normal cheating spouse to this situation. This happens all the time when it comes to divorce. This situation stands out because Tiger is worth a lot of money, but paying a spouse when divorcing is the norm in the United States. If my husband cheated on me, for one thing-the whole world would not know about, and it wouldnt be a media circus!

I would rather my spouse not cheat at all, Give me the same respect I give you-

If Tiger was broke----she would have took half of what little he did have----the same goes for a woman, If they divorce and she was the one with the money ---- then he would have gotten half of what she has!! Its the law in this country- and that is simply what happens, It happens all the time with broke ass men, who try and take wealthy women for what ever they have, Do we now call those men gold diggers?

Why should she walk away with NOTHING-----he is the reason the marriage broke off---not her, HE cheated--NOT HER-----He dis honored his family - NOT her, so why now should she be punished? Or guess she should have stayed with his cheating ass??

Why is she another gold digging LovePeddler? Because she is getting half of what her husband is worth--That is the normal thing these days.Now its a big situation because her husband is worth Millions--and now she is a gold digging LovePeddler because of why?? She wasn't the one out screwing everything that moves- He is the LovePeddler!!
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by dayokanu(m): 11:38pm On Aug 24, 2010
Well It might be the law in the US but Thats one rule/law in the US I dont agree with

Why cant she simply walk away and not demand any compensation as long as the kids are taken care of? Tough ask right? She doesnt want to return to her nanny job after she has tasted riches courtesy of Tiger,

Without Tiger she would still be stuck to her paycheck job cos I heard she was a failed model and a part time nanny. If I loved someone from the begining even if we broke up due to any reason I wont ask her for anything but If I married her for her riches and anything happens, Trust me. I would collect every dime.

The guy and the girl can both work and earn a living, why try to screw the other person over for his riches. Same situation happened to Bob Johnson owner of BET when his wife walked out with $400m

Still wonder why such men and women would be called gold diggers?.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by bawomolo(m): 4:00am On Aug 25, 2010
Ladyjide:

What about the lying, cheating disrespectful nature of men these days. When will those that commit adultery  be made  accountable for their actions!!! Men, stop lying, stop cheating and stop being sloppy about your AFFAIRS !!!!,   He has completely humiliated her and their entire family with his tactics, and what price is that worth? No amount of money will get that back for her, no amount of money will help ease that pain.  She is wrong for clubbing him, YES, but by far the pain of what she has suffered in that of Tiger Woods hands is felt way harder, than any black eye or hit over the head that he suffered - any day. To me no amount of money is worth having my pride taken away, or finding out that the man that I stood before GOD and vowed too, is nothing but a liar, and a cheat, He was out Sexing random whores, probably not even using protection and  he wasnt even careful enough to ensure that he did not get caught, so obviously he didnt care!  Why should he care about some MONEY now, and from the looks of things the amount he is paying her isnt even putting a dent his pockets??    No money is worth me  being made a complete fool of in front of the whole world and not to talk of my friends and family. Bottom line he should have thought about the money before he committed the crime when he was sexing these girls, if it mattered to him that much!!

i don't think adultery entitles a woman to 10-50% of a man's fortune. 

this doesn't help the independent logic women are spewing these days. 

if no amount of money is worth having your pride taken away, why not walk away from the marriage with what you entered it with? or does elin need 100 million dollars worth of counseling with dr phil?

i do agree she is entitled to some sort of child support for her kids (they probably have some trust  fund in place anyway). you have to admit some women go for the money out of spite and not because they need it. an example is lionel richie's ex-wife requesting money for PLASTIC SURGERY!!!

It happens all the time with broke backside men, who try and take wealthy women for what ever they have,  Do we now call those men gold diggers?

yes, i see you Kevin ferderline
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by omar22(m): 6:27am On Aug 25, 2010
I cant remember the guys name but the couple divorce and the wife walked away, but fortunately for the husband his situation changed for the best, the guy went from Rags to riches after 8 years the wife went for him,

Before I say what happen in court what do you think about the wife?
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by spikedcylinder: 6:33am On Aug 25, 2010
omar22:

Didnt JLO's ex-husband get $1m for each month they were married (10 or 11m settlement)

And what was Jlo's offence then? These men? Lying stupid leeches!
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by omar22(m): 6:49am On Aug 25, 2010
And what was Jlo's offence then? These men? Lying silly leeches!

She was married to her dancer,  she felt they were world apart! erm what happen for better and for worse,  so the wedding is over,

Mel B (Melanie Brown the former spice girl) was cheating on her husband before they split what did the dancer get when they split? 800k and a flat in North London out of a fortune worth nearly 20m,

Katie Price did everything to protect her fortune but luckily for her Peter Andre didnt want her money,
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 25, 2010
This Tiger Woods is so ugly!!!
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by thameamead(f): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2010
dayokanu:

Name : Elin-Nordegren
Worth Hundreds of Millions of Dollars
Profession: Nanny turned Ex-wife of Tiger Woods

Aint these women leeches?

Gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by thameamead(f): 11:36am On Aug 25, 2010
omar22:

She was married to her dancer, she felt they were world apart! erm what happen for better and for worse, so the wedding is over,

Mel B (Melanie Brown the former spice girl) was cheating on her husband before they split what did the dancer get when they split? 800k and a flat in North London out of a fortune worth nearly 20m,

Katie Price did everything to protect her fortune but luckily for her Peter Andre didnt want her money,

It was Peter Andre that insisted on a pre-nup as a prove he loved her for who she was.

Cheryl Cole wants £4M from Ashley Cole despite her saying she was not going to ask for a penny if in an interview she gave to OK when she they both sold their wedding rights to OK magazine, serves Ashley Cole right, he would think about a pre-nup when he gets married to next bimbo.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by thameamead(f): 11:48am On Aug 25, 2010
omar22:

The original pre-nup was $10m after 10 years but in the end Elin would have got less than 10m but Tiger had to jump through hoops to repair his reputation, has was told to cancel it so they had to walk on what he earned since he tied the not,

Now the next lady is going to suffer (either black or white) because the pre-nup would be water-tight,

Didnt JLO's ex-husband get $1m for each month they were married (10 or 11m settlement)

He should not have torn up the intial $10M pre-nup, he took a big gamble that did not pay up, he was advised to draw up another pre-nup to make her stay in the marriage in order not lose his million dollars endorsement.

Elin is a clever babe, she knew she was not going to stay in the marriage but wanted more money so she agreed to stay in marriage only to say she wanted out as soon as she knew she could walk away with $64M, all the talk of her receving over $400 is nonsence, Tiger and his advisors are not dat dumb, the money is to compensate her and prevent her from selling stories of their marriage. Tiger is tarnished. He's finished. As for Elin, she's nothing but a nanny turned gold-digger.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by omar22(m): 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2010
[/quote][quote]Tiger is tarnished. He's finished. As for Elin, she's nothing but a nanny turned gold-digger

I dont think Tiger is finished , most of the companies that withdrew their endorsement did it out of panick major companies stuck with him like NIKE some laid low because thet knew he was a top draw or box office, he was the main reason why golf is on SKY TV, Paddy Power and another betting firm gave him a new £75m endorsement about 6 months ago, Tiger made over £25m in the last 12 months. OK he cheated and his wife left him but people are treating him as if he committed a terror act or treason WHY? because he is BLACK!!!! When Bill Clinton was sticking a Cuban Cigar in and out of Monica Lewinski the furor wasnt this bad, now people are upset that Tiger's ex-wife didnt get close to $400m that everyone predicted, No wonder rich people are so strong on pre-nup,

Cheryl Cole (Or Tweed) is just a media hugging person, she would do anything to get infornt of the papers, she thought she would crack it in the United states thats why she said she doesnt want Ashley's money, now it looks grim, she wants £4m and still wants to keep the name Cole,
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Hubcool: 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2010
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by bawomolo(m): 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2010
Hubcool:

Aw man, poor Tiger, marriage is a dangerous thing,
[img]http://s04.flagcounter.com/count/JPIn/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageview=0[/img]

especially if you are RICH and a WOMANIZER.

just go the george clooney or derek jeter route
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by chiogo(f): 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2010
omar22:

I dont think Tiger is finished , most of the companies that withdrew their endorsement did it out of panick major companies stuck with him like NIKE some laid low because thet knew he was a top draw or box office, he was the main reason why golf is on SKY TV, Paddy Power and another betting firm gave him a new £75m endorsement about 6 months ago, Tiger made over £25m in the last 12 months. OK he cheated and his wife left him but people are treating him as if he committed a terror act or treason WHY? because he is BLACK!!!! When Bill Clinton was sticking a Cuban Cigar in and out of Monica Lewinski the furor wasnt this bad, now people are upset that Tiger's ex-wife didnt get close to $400m that everyone predicted, No wonder rich people are so strong on pre-nup,

Cheryl Cole (Or Tweed) is just a media hugging person, she would do anything to get infornt of the papers, she thought she would crack it in the United states thats why she said she doesnt want Ashley's money, now it looks grim, she wants £4m and still wants to keep the name Cole,
My friend, he's not Black so don't even play the race card here. There's a big freaking difference between cheating with one woman and cheating with more than 10 women.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by spikedcylinder: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2010
Elin finally opens up.

Elin Nordegren on Tiger Woods: 'I've been through hell'
By Jay Busbee

After nine months, Elin Nordegren has broken her silence on the infidelity scandal that rocked her family and led to the dissolution of her marriage to golf star Tiger Woods.
In what she says will be a one-time-only discussion of her side of the story, Nordegren spoke with People magazine for 19 hours over four days. The revelations were sobering, and in some cases surprising.
The three key takeaways from Nordegren's story are:
She says she is in no way a violent person, calling any speculation that she swung a golf club at Woods on Thanksgiving night "ridiculous."
• She was completely broadsided by the news of Woods' extramarital affairs, believing that she was the only woman in his life. In short, she was as surprised as most of the rest of the world that the persona Woods put forth – dedicated competitor, family man – was a carefully constructed sham. "I'm so embarassed that I never suspected [his affairs] – not a one," she said.
• In line with that, she said she believed fully that her relationship with Woods was a real marriage, not an act orchestrated for cameras and sponsors. "The word betrayal is just not strong enough," she told People. "I have been through the stages of disbelief and shock to anger and ultimately grief over the loss of the family I so badly wanted for my children."
Woods, who will be playing in this weekend's Barclays Championship in New Jersey, has not yet commented on Nordegren's interview. Clearly, however, she plans on him being in the picture as the father of her children – daughter Sam, 3, and son Charlie, 19 months – as she didn't scorch the earth with her comments. She declined to go into more detail about the events of Thanksgiving, and she would not comment on the size of her divorce settlement – rumored to be in excess of $100 million – except to indicate that it is substantial enough that she won't have to work initially and will be able to focus on raising her children.
The People magazine article gives the impression that Nordegren is both very aware of her celebrity – perhaps infamy – as the aggrieved wife, and also very understanding of the fact that she is something of a punch line for gaining so much money in the divorce settlement. As such, she intends to remain a private person and has no intention of being a celebrity – refreshing in an age where everyone who nabs a single headline is rushing to sign a reality-TV or talk show deal.
Most surprisingly, throughout all the drama of the Woods scandal, Nordegren quietly spent time as a humble college student, taking night classes in pursuit of a psychology degree. According to her, she's 40 credits short of a bachelor's degree in psychology, and hopes to follow that with a master's and, at some point in the future, work as a therapist herself. Perhaps fittingly, she took a clinical approach to her own healing, facing it directly and without shame in regular, intensive therapy sessions.
"My immediate plan is for the kids and me to continue to adjust to our new situation," she said. "I am going to keep taking classes, but my main focus is to try to give myself time to heal."
As for the future, she plans to raise the children in South Florida, near a home she and Woods have been building in Jupiter. So it seems she intends for him to remain a part of her life in some capacity; indeed, the article begins with Woods arriving home with the children during the interview and surprising Elin, who reacts with kindness and respect.
For now, this will close Elin Nordegren's side of the story. Clearly, though, this will follow her and her family for decades to come.
The issue of People featuring Elin Nordegren on the cover will be inescapable starting Friday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Elin-Nordegren-on-Tiger-Woods-I-ve-been-throug?urn=golf-265021
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by bawomolo(m): 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2010
• She was completely broadsided by the news of Woods' extramarital affairs, believing that she was the only woman in his life.

undecided undecided

she obviously had no idea something was wrong while her husband was hanging around with men like charles barkley and michael jordan. two men known for their promiscuity, beyotch please
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by omar22(m): 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2010
My friend, he's not Black so don't even play the race card here

So whats he?

If Tiger Woods had carried out a Robbery or a Terror act they would refer him as a B-L-A-C-K M-A-N

300 years ago he would be a black slave
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by chiogo(f): 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2010
omar22:

So whats he?

If Tiger Woods had carried out a Robbery or a Terror act they would refer him as a B-L-A-C-K M-A-N

300 years ago he would be a black slave

Umm, he's half Asian (one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter Thai), one-quarter African American, one-eighth Native American, and one-eighth Dutch.
Dude isn't up to 50%(half) Black. If he called himself African-American like Obama then maybe the world might consider him that. . .even though Obama and co. are still half-half.

Anyways, this isn't 300 years ago. Stick with the times.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by omar22(m): 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2010
Umm, he's half Asian (one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter Thai), one-quarter African American, one-eighth Native American, and one-eighth Dutch.
Dude isn't up to 50%(half) Black. If he called himself African-American like Obama then maybe the world might consider him that. . .even though Obama and co. are still half-half.

Anyways, this isn't 300 years ago. Stick with the times.

I didnt say he was African-American

I said a black man!!!!!!!
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by spikedcylinder: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2010
omar22:

He doesn't and has never regarded himself as a black man. If he did, maybe he won't have such woes.
Or you think Jay Z, Da Dream or whatever they are called don't cheat?
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by chiogo(f): 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2010
omar22:

Same difference since he was born in the U.S. If he didn't have all these other mixes, the term would be African-American.

spikedcylinder:

He doesn't and has never regarded himself as a black man. If he did, maybe he won't have such woes.

Exactly! He calls himself Cablinasian(Caucasian, Black, Native American, and Asian).
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by omar22(m): 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2010
Like I said earlier on, if he robs a liquor shop he would be referred as a BLACKMAN, wwhether he referred himself as mixed grilled,
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by mamagee3(f): 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2010
Hubcool:

Aw man, poor Tiger, marriage is a dangerous thing,
Poor thing?

Are you forgetting he was the one that cheated on her?
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by bawomolo(m): 12:06am On Aug 26, 2010
omar22:

i'm confused here, isn't a black man born and raised in the US African-American?

tiger woods considers himself mixed though. cabalasian or some funny word like that.

mama-gee:

Poor thing?

Are you forgetting he was the one that cheated on her?

but his pocket is 100 million dollars lighter.
we can't afford that in a recession grin or you think the sex addiction therapy is cheap cheesy
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by mamagee3(f): 12:07am On Aug 26, 2010
bawomolo:

but his pocket is 100 million dollars lighter.
we can't afford that in a recession  grin or you think the sex addiction therapy is cheap  cheesy

Who cares?

His bank account may contain one billion dollars.

It still doesn't change a thing, he's still a cheat and an irresponsible one at that.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by bawomolo(m): 12:20am On Aug 26, 2010
mama-gee:

Who cares?

His bank account may contain one billion dollars.

It still doesn't change a thing, he's still a cheat and an irresponsible one at that.

does elin need/deserve 100 million dollars?
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by mamagee3(f): 12:27am On Aug 26, 2010
^^I don't think she deserves that amount of money.

I personally think she married him for his money though.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by chiogo(f): 12:31am On Aug 26, 2010
bawomolo:

i'm confused here, isn't a black man born and raised in the US African-American?
The dude confused me too like Unless we're talking about someone born here but have parents from say Nigeria or Jamaica then they'd be Nigerian-American or Jamaican-American respectively. All of which Tiger is not. So, him being Black translates to African-American.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Lizzy Anjorin" Rated Yoruba Actress With The Most Expensive Car Rangerover 2014 / See How Kim Kardashian Would Look Like If Fat - Photos / Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.