Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,609 members, 7,944,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 05:11 AM

Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced (6927 Views)

Actress Chika Ike Announces On Facebook - “I Am Now Officially Divorced” / "I Am Now Officially Divorced" - Chika Ike / Chika Ike Is Officially Divorced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Sagamite(m): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2010
chiogo:

Umm, I'm pretty sure he was well aware she wasn't making her own money before he married her. Wasn't she a nanny turned house-wife? He's the dumb one for cancelling the pre-nup and she still went ahead to divorce him. Two can play the game.  tongue

I honestly could not agree more.

omar22:

You make it sound as if Black women would accept rubbish and be treated like toilet paper

Michael Jordan's ex-wife was black she walked away with $80m

I think Shaquile O'neal's ex-wife wasnt white

Correction: Jordan's wife was $160m.

He agreed to half his earnings.  undecided

omar22:

The original pre-nup was $10m after 10 years but in the end Elin would have got less than 10m but Tiger had to jump through hoops to repair his reputation, has was told to cancel it so they had to walk on what he earned since he tied the not,

Had to?

Nah! Tiger just showed he was a daft human being. All that cancelling of pre-nup and apologising to public about his personal life made me cringe.

I thought the initial pre-nup was reasonable and generous enough. Why cancel it? To impress her? If that impresses her, is that not not sign she was all about the money?

Apologise to the public? They can kiss me flipping arse when it comes to issues in my private life. I will only apologise to my wife, not some idol-worshipping slowpoke I do not know.

I am worth $900m already, so what if my earning potential falls but I have a liberty to private life.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Sagamite(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2010
dayokanu:

Well It might be the law in the US but Thats one rule/law in the US I dont agree with

Why cant she simply walk away and not demand any compensation as long as the kids are taken care of? Tough ask right? She doesnt want to return to her nanny job after she has tasted riches courtesy of Tiger,

Without Tiger she would still be stuck to her paycheck job cos I heard she was a failed model and a part time nanny. If I loved someone from the begining even if we broke up due to any reason I wont ask her for anything but If I married her for her riches and anything happens, Trust me. I would collect every dime.

The guy and the girl can both work and earn a living, why try to screw the other person over for his riches. Same situation happened to Bob Johnson owner of BET when his wife walked out with $400m

Still wonder why such men and women would be called gold diggers?.

Correction: Bob Johnson's wife was fully involved in setting up BET, she was not merely a housewife. She deserved every penny as she WORKED for it, unlike our poor nanny.

Funny thing though, Bob Johnson's wife later went on to marry the judge that gave her the 50%.  grin
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Sagamite(m): 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2010
omar22:

She was married to her dancer,  she felt they were world apart! erm what happen for better and for worse,  so the wedding is over,

Mel B (Melanie Brown the former spice girl) was cheating on her husband before they split what did the dancer get when they split? 800k and a flat in North London out of a fortune worth nearly 20m,

Katie Price did everything to protect her fortune but luckily for her Peter Andre didnt want her money,

And so?  tongue

The reality is that these rich women are very smart to almost always demand a pre-nup before marriage if they are far richer than the guy.

Some of the daft rich men on the other hand, see it as (or are convinced it is) chivalrous not to ask for pre-nup and they should marry for luf. I was praying hard for Paul McCartney to get half of his wealth given to that gold-digger to teach other morons a lesson or change in the stewpid laws.

I have 6 shirts, 3 trousers, 2 pairs of shoes, one black and white TV, a cassette deck system and a kabukabu that I drive. I will still have a iron-clad pre-nup to ensure that spikedcyclinder does not take me to the cleaners in our divorce.

The girl marry me because she be zinc-digger. She wants to come and collect all my zinc constructed edifices in Ketu, Onipanu and Ojuelegba that she did not work for.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Sagamite(m): 1:52pm On Aug 30, 2010
bawomolo:

especially if you are RICH and a WOMANIZER.

just go the george clooney or derek jeter route

Ah! My hero. cheesy
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Sagamite(m): 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2010
oyinda.:

where do u think d word "trophy wife and kids" comes from. a pretty woman to boost your image. some one to make appearances at your games, to give u d image of a family man etc. that's what he benefits from her.

Oyinda, that is utter rubbish.

The best a trophy wife does for you is make other men envious of what you are banging. It adds almost nothing to your earning potential except she is a celebrity as well.

Being single and a player that dates a lot of beautiful women, I will argue, even adds more to your earning potential at that youthful age, like Tiger's, than having a trophy wife. Guys want to be you so they will imitate you (and your life) and it gets you a lot of female fans and groupies that want to join the banging queue so they can feel they are of a beautiful class or show they are the ones to calm a bad boy down.

Most boy band members have to hide the fact that they are dating or married to keep their fans.

oyinda.:

they don't have any skills because their husbands wanted them to be housewives!!elin has two very young kids so that maybe why she stayed home. there isn't too much gap between d kids either.

That is the part the law should force Tiger to compensate her for the loss based on her realistic earning potential over the period of child-bearing, child raising and likely period of extended unemployment due to staying at home.

Her realistic earning potential is that of a professional Nanny, so lets say she is unemployed and child raising for 15 years. Half a million dollars tops?  grin

The thing is that she is not worth $100m, I would have happily given her about $10m if I was Tiger but Tiger showed he was a slowpoke when he cancelled the pre-nup so she deserved what she got.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by tpiah: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2010
@ the people mentioning michael jordan's wife, BET's wife, and mel gibson's wife while you're at it:

these women were married to their husbands for over 25 years.

mel gibson in particular, said his wife should have any amount she wanted.

not sure why they're being labelled gold diggers.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Sagamite(m): 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2010
tpiah:

@ the people mentioning michael jordan's wife, BET's wife, and mel gibson's wife while you're at it:

these women were married to their husbands for over 25 years.

mel gibson in particular, said his wife should have any amount she wanted.

not sure why they're being labelled gold diggers.

They are most likely not gold diggers, but being married to a rich person for 25 years should not give you the right to their money.

You should get what you put in plus compensation for what you lost out on due to the sacrifices you made for the marriage plus whatever generousity (s)he wants to add ontop that after the former two factors. It is not a court's place to decide how generous you should be, they can take responsibility to decide the first 2 factors.

Nannies, pole dancers, dentist assistants, background dancers and hair dressers claiming millions, that they can never earn, after a few years marriage because they married rich people is blatant, moronic Western rubbish.

Personally, if I was Tiger, I think Elin would not have put in and lost out on more than $500K. I will round it up to between $10m and $20m for humiliating her and she did nothing wrong. Then move on. (The round up figure is strictly because I am worth $900m o. Otherwise it would be lower if I am worth less, especially considering the length of marriage)

You can be guaranteed I am not paying child maintainance ontop that because I don't believe in spoiling kids, that is enough to feed them on. If she turns into financial difficulties somehow later in future, I would be happy to throw money in for the kids sake.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by dayokanu(m): 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2010
That is the part the law should force Tiger to compensate her for the loss based on her realistic earning potential over the period of child-bearing, child raising and likely period of extended unemployment due to staying at home.

Her realistic earning potential is that of a professional Nanny, so lets say she is unemployed and child raising for 15 years. Half a million dollars tops?

The thing is that she is not worth $100m
, I would have happily given her about $10m if I was Tiger but Tiger showed he was a slowpoke when he cancelled the pre-nup so she deserved what she got.

The part in bold shows you have some common sense in that your ponmo lips :d

Maybe Tiger under-estimated the gold-digging potentials of women. How much can she have made on her own if she was a Nanny? Now she is claiming rights to 100m her generation cant dream of
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Sagamite(m): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2010
dayokanu:

The part in bold shows you have some common sense in that your ponmo lips :d

grin grin grin Leaf my ponmo jor!
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2010
All this noise for a meagre sum of 100million. tongue Tiger Woods is not even crying as much as Sagamite and Dayo are. grin cheesy
If you've loved someone why can't you part with 100million? cool cool cool
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by dayokanu(m): 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2010
^^ If you love someone why would you want to milk them of the money you didnt work for
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2010
In marriage it is 'our' money. grin
Tiger Woods was the one in the wrong. A man with good conscience would like to compensate the wife.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by bawomolo(m): 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2010
Sagamite:

Ah! My hero.  cheesy

you are one of them 40plus babas that patrol the club abi?

stillwater:

Tiger Woods was the one in the wrong. A man with good conscience would like to compensate the wife.

is a 40% off coupon to dr phil's practice a decent amount of compensation?

I agree with you, the right wing scum bags oops right wing media cannot stand the fact Elin was unable to get half of his earnings, why should she? serves Tiger right jare, am not trying to play the race card but it seems he's only attracted to white bimbo

you are not trying to play the race card but you played it in the sentence after that!!!!
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2010
stillwater:

How did it become "our" in Tigers case, In Bob Johnson, we can argue the wife contributed to it, What did Elin Gold digger contribute to the wealth.

And what compensation would Tiger get for the golfclub being swung at him on thankgiving day?
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Hauwa1: 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2010
Why Not?
they deserved everything they got  kiss.
No be african woman men dey mistreat for africa. abeg sistah, don't get mad, get everything (Ivana's book)  kiss
don't leave softly into the night  cheesy take kids, money and your maiden name with you. don't want to be called a name a randicious man is bearing  cheesy
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Sagamite(m): 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2010
*Hauwa*:

Why Not?
they deserved everything they got  kiss.
No be african woman men dey mistreat for africa. abeg sistah, don't get mad, get everything (Ivana's book)  kiss
don't leave softly into the night  cheesy take kids, money and your maiden name with you. don't want to be called a name a randicious man is bearing  cheesy

Ok, my niggas, if you ever meet a girl called Hauwa

I aint saying she'sa gold-digger

But if you ain't no broke nigga

Get her to sign on the dotted line before wifeying her.

Or else, she take ya money, when you are in need.

18 years, 18 years

She got one of your kids, she gat you for 18 years

Hala we want pre-nup!!!

WE WANT PRE-NUP!!!

It's something that you need to have

Because if she lives your arse

She gonna live with half
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Sagamite(m): 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2010
stillwater:

All this noise for a meagre sum of 100million. tongue Tiger Woods is not even crying as much as Sagamite and Dayo are. grin cheesy
If you've loved someone why can't you part with 100million? cool cool cool

Me, vex?

Say wetin? Tiger got what he deserved for cancelling a brilliant pre-nup.

She deserves every penny.

In regards to love, lets keep it at that "love", not money.

When we love each other, I am willing to share. When we stop loving, I want to stop sharing, not paying alimony. Take what you have put in and compensation for sacrificed (if you are worth it, I will through a generous package on top of it out of the money I MAKE).
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Sagamite(m): 10:10pm On Aug 30, 2010
bawomolo:

you are one of them 40plus babas that patrol the club abi?

This guy, you need to see me when I hit clubs, men.

After I live my rented council flat (i.e. projects to the US people), dressed in my tight T-shirt (that is struggling to not rip due to my pot-belly) and wearing my 1980s gold chain and watch. I jump into my luxurious and customised, top-of-the-range Jeep that is worth 5 times my rented sh-it-hole 2 bedroom apartment that I keep my 6 kids and wife.

I then hit the club buying Moet and Hennessey as big boy for everybody, chasing all them 18 to 25 year old girls like stillwater around the club. Smiling at them with my brown goro-teeth. Splashing my weekly wage on them and maxing my credit card, whilst slapping my wife when she keeps harassing me for not replenishing the depleting baby nappies in the house and replacement school uniform for the kids.  grin

All na stillwater fault for having dem legs. angry
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by tiana1(f): 10:50pm On Aug 30, 2010
Should I feel sorry for Tiger?
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by omar22(m): 6:55am On Aug 31, 2010
In marriage it is 'our' money.

I think you have been smoking the wrong type of leaves!!!!!
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Hauwa1: 4:51pm On Aug 31, 2010
wetin concine me, thank God for the system wink here. you see women have come a long way.
i pray and hope for the time their nigeria counterpart will do like the sistahs here are doing. fight it in court and with a good lawyer by ur side,
you will be smiling to the bank.

am glad Elin asked for her maiden name back. good girl cheesy

Sagamite, don't let the bedbug bite you. . . just treat your woman right (no cheating including if she gives you 2 meat, share it with her wink)
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Sagamite(m): 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2010
*Hauwa*:

wetin concine me, thank God for the system wink here. you see women have come a long way.
i pray and hope for the time their nigeria counterpart will do like the sistahs here are doing. fight it in court and with a good lawyer by your side,

You can be guaranteed that kind of madness no go come Naija, when we don see the symptoms for the West already. grin

*Hauwa*:

Sagamite, don't let the bedbug bite you. . . just treat your woman right (no cheating including if she gives you 2 meat, share it with her wink)

I no undersan grammar o.

Wetin consign meat consign cheating? Eshplain!
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2010
*Hauwa*:

i pray and hope for the time their nigeria counterpart will do like the sistahs here are doing. fight it in court and with a good lawyer by your side,

am glad Elin asked for her maiden name back. good girl cheesy

You mean laws that allow brainless women fight and get money their intellectual ability can not make in 7 lifetimes.

How about you telling the womenfolks to task their brain and make their own money instead of being bloody leeches
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by bawomolo(m): 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2010
*Hauwa*:

lol this equality thing is going too far
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Nobody: 1:26am On Sep 01, 2010
dayokanu:

How did it become "our" in Tigers case, In Bob Johnson, we can argue the wife contributed to it, What did Elin Gold digger contribute to the wealth.

And what compensation would Tiger get for the golfclub being swung at him on thankgiving day?

If two can become one in marriage, why can't the money be shared?
The compensation he gets is her divorcing him and him having the liberty to frolick with any girl he pleases. Tiger should be a happy man by now. Sebi you men like your freedom and feel a woman cages you? grin

omar22:

I think you have been smoking the wrong type of leaves!!!!!

Was it not you that bought the leaves for me? I sent you to buy the original , you came back with fake leaves. Shame on you!!! grin

Sagamite:

This guy, you need to see me when I hit clubs, men.

After I live my rented council flat (i.e. projects to the US people), dressed in my tight T-shirt (that is struggling to not rip due to my pot-belly) and wearing my 1980s gold chain and watch. I jump into my luxurious and customised, top-of-the-range Jeep that is worth 5 times my rented sh-it-hole 2 bedroom apartment that I keep my 6 kids and wife.

I then hit the club buying Moet and Hennessey as big boy for everybody, chasing all them 18 to 25 year old girls like stillwater around the club. Smiling at them with my brown goro-teeth. Splashing my weekly wage on them and maxing my credit card, whilst slapping my wife when she keeps harassing me for not replenishing the depleting baby nappies in the house and replacement school uniform for the kids. grin

All na stillwater fault for having dem legs. angry

Me I'm innocent o. I was just sitting jejely with my legs crossed and you came to meet me.
Is it my fault?
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by omar22(m): 6:02am On Sep 01, 2010
Was it not you that bought the leaves for me? I sent you to buy the original , you came back with fake leaves. Shame on you!!!

You still smoked it,
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by dayokanu(m): 7:20am On Sep 01, 2010
If two can become one in marriage, why can't the money be shared?
The compensation he gets is her divorcing him and him having the liberty to frolick with any girl he pleases. Tiger should be a happy man by now. Sebi you men like your freedom and feel a woman cages you

What did she contribute to the money being shared?
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by MrCork8: 7:57am On Sep 01, 2010
ok. so who is Tiger Would??
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by ceasyc(f): 8:27am On Sep 01, 2010
lolz.y dis moni dey pain sum peeps sef d law is d law whether (s)he carry all im money or small moni or (s)he contributed 2 d money/millions or not. if na elin rich + cheat n tiger divorce am, he'll get a lot of money too withou pre nup . if na 9ja dis 1 for happen d man/woman family 4 no hear am talkless say e go make front pages/exclusive news 4 9ja & all over d world.

most likely d woman for stay 4 d marriage, endure all d rubbish, d man go beat her sef if she make noise about d cheating. sum ppl go say dis woman na wa 4 u sef, na only womaniser naim e do naim u dey make noise or u wan comot? d 9ja mentality na wa. sum 9jans abroad dat grew up in 9ja have d same mentality = u can take d man out of d ghetto but u cant take d ghetto outta him. its laughable n unfair jo

in 9ja women gats lots to lose if dey decide 2 divorce e.g. her kids, home, no money, no nutin, she goes bk 2 square 1 abi na square 0 undecided. i guess some r just ignorant or dem no no d law. anywayz law/court still partial due to corruption n all. some men no go let her carry any cloth sef, dem go say u came with nothing so u leave wit nutin. I CANT WAIT 4 D DAY 9JA N AFRICA GO DEY DO DIVORCE LIKE WESTERN WORLD OR MARRIAGE GO BE 50 50 OR EQUALITY AMONST MEN + WOMEN. "i said it i said it, it had 2 b said"grin

TIGER "BLOODY HE GOAT" WOODS. for all he did 100 mil 2 small to me grin. d guy went tiger. he went on a women, sex spree. hiss.if elin na your sista or na u dis kain tin happen to, wot wud u do "turn d other cheek"?[/b]abegee. ENJOY ELIN! grin grin grin u ppl shud go n listen to d song/lyrics of [b]wot if a woman was just like u by joe. tiger got wot he deserved n MORE. 4get mata jare.[/b]
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Hauwa1: 2:56pm On Sep 01, 2010
thank you bo my sistah ceasyc, pain them real bad.

ldayo,
eeches huh, siddon there grin we have to do what we got to do kiss blame it on his rambling abunna. not Elin's fault.
Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by Sagamite(m): 3:20pm On Sep 01, 2010
stillwater:

Me I'm innocent o. I was just sitting jejely with my legs crossed and you came to meet me.
Is it my fault?

Na you destroy my marriage jor.

You can cover your legs, I can't control the way blood rush southwards from my head and relocating my brain.

*Hauwa*:

. . . just treat your woman right

Don't let us put the cart before the horse.

I will treat my current and future potential assets to protection first, that treating of woman will come second.

It is becoming clearer that marriage is more for women than men.

- From the extravagant engagement and wedding fanfare that I could not give a toss about and is a waste of my money. Men would rather go to a registry, sign papers and go home.

- To the lockdown to monogamy, that biologically is not the natural state of men especially on a long run. Ideally men would live a happier life if they change/add partners every 1 to 15 years. And they normally can if not married and are decent looking.

- To the fact that tying a man down is an insurance policy for women that when they get old and lose their assets' plumpness, they still have companionship which is very important to women, far more than men. A mans appeal lifespan is normally far far longer, so no need to rush.

- To the fact that in the West, they are guarantee to virtually always win in divorce. The man can be and is usually screwed.

That said, if I go into marriage, then I will make sure it is on my terms and conditions.

Sign the paper, babes.

I have never understood all the daft rich guys that marry so early in their youth (e.g. Beckham, Rooney, Tiger, Ronaldo, Kobe Bryant, Ashley Cole etc). Men that had the opportunity to "ba ile je" (spoil ground) with women willing to split when they see them.

If it was me, not possible. If I was in their shoes, there is no gaddamn way I am marrying before 38.

Dwight Yorke, Eddie Irvine, Christiano Ronaldo, Matthew McConaughey etc, I throway salute! Una know whagoan!

ceasyc:

I CANT WAIT 4 D DAY 9JA N AFRICA GO DEY DO DIVORCE LIKE WESTERN WORLD OR MARRIAGE GO BE 50 50 OR EQUALITY AMONST MEN + WOMEN. "i said it i said it, it had 2 b said"grin

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB8nIGKbpJY[/flash]

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods, Wife Officially Divorced by omar22(m): 3:31pm On Sep 01, 2010
I CANT WAIT 4 D DAY 9JA N AFRICA GO DEY DO DIVORCE LIKE WESTERN WORLD OR MARRIAGE GO BE 50 50 OR EQUALITY AMONST MEN + WOMEN. "i said it i said it, it had 2 b said"

Are you familiar with the phrase "WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Lizzy Anjorin" Rated Yoruba Actress With The Most Expensive Car Rangerover 2014 / See How Kim Kardashian Would Look Like If Fat - Photos / Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.