Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,033 members, 7,931,543 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 08:11 AM

Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. (8040 Views)

Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by honeric01(m): 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^Heineken!!!!! the drunk parents of that child should be shot!

The beer man is a senator in Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

His parents must have met at a beer parlor cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by InkedNerd(f): 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2010
honeric01:

The beer man is a senator in Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

His parents must have met at a beer parlor cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wait a minute, there's nothing wrong with the name Heineken. The name originates from the Netherlands. The founder of the company is named Gerard Adriaan Heineken.
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by honeric01(m): 11:26pm On Aug 24, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

lmao lmao

cool cool tongue
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by rasputinn(m): 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^Heineken!!!!! the drunk parents of that child should be shot!

Chill.The parents may not be so drunk after all.That's why they were ablle to groom him to first be a speaker of a state house of assembly and now a senator of the federal republic;at least one Heineken I know; Senator Heineken Lokpobiri
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by rasputinn(m): 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2010
For me,the most hilarious and weird of the lot above have got to be Cletus and Polycap
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by honeric01(m): 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2010
rasputinn:

Chill.The parents may not be so drunk after all.That's why they were ablle to groom him to first be a speaker of a state house of assembly and now a senator of the federal republic;at least one Heineken I know; Senator Heineken Lokpobiri

And what makes you think those in the senate house are normal or well groomed people? because some of them kill, steal, loot, rig their way into that post does not mean they are a good citizen or had a good upbringing from their parents.

I still maintain, it's a total disaster for any parent to name his or her son after a beer name (That's wickedness).

imagine someone bearing Small stout Lokpobiri
big stout Lokpobiri
guilder Lokpobiri
star Lokpobiri
fanta Lokpobiri
goldspot Lokpobiri
shepe Lokpobiri
ogogoro Lokpobiri
Alomo bitters Lokpobiri
yoyo bitters Lokpobiri
paraga Lokpobiri
oguro Lokpobiri
gordon spark Lokpobiri

the list goes on cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by InkedNerd(f): 4:55am On Aug 26, 2010
rasputinn:

For me,the most hilarious and weird of the lot above have got to be Cletus and Polycap

Cletus is such an ugly name. Its a good thing my parents didn't give me that name.
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by Gabry(f): 7:33am On Aug 26, 2010
Some of my colleagues have the following name and I think its funny

1) Preety Adin (and its a He)
2) Pipiku Pikachu
3) Jagung Buntal (In Malay Language, it means Bloasted Fat Corn) grin grin grin
4) Berak Malang (In Malay language, it means Unfortunate Sh1.t) grin grin grin
5) !Habib (With the exclamation mark in the front, it is pronounce like this : klook Habib) LMAO~! grin grin grin
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by gide: 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2010
i knew some one from southern kaduna who bears gajere maiwayo(means short but clever grin), also met someone in bayelsa with the name volunteer forces grin
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by InkedNerd(f): 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2010
lol lol lol
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by TeskyMan(m): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2010
what abt this,

Goddey

Godbless

ThankGod

Linus
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by peeceelove(m): 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2010
U guys are missing some names
1. Bomboy
2. Babie
3. Teekay
4. Dankuwa
5. Bilikisu
6. Shakirat.
7. Gbom.
8. Etc Etc Etc
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by WarHorse1(m): 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2010
especially some Jehovah's Witnesses:

Paradise
Pioneer
Everlasting Life
Faithful
Kingdom
Kindness
Watchtower
Awake
PraiseJah or ToJah in replacement for Tochukwu
Jah's-Will
etc
These are not conventionl names. Give real names please
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by InkedNerd(f): 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2010
I still can't get over my sister's classmates name: John Pussé. Still cracks me up.
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by Freewilly(f): 11:12pm On Aug 30, 2010
Here is some more funny names I just thought about grin

Boniface.

Nicodemus.

Gertrude.

Norbert

Bott
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by InkedNerd(f): 3:29am On Aug 31, 2010
I don't really know if this counts as weird but I definitely don't like it. I knew a guy named Novell.
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by zaliya(f): 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2010
Heard names like

Cosmos
Census
Festac
Jovita
Assumpta
Romanus (Roma for short)
Equitous

and the list goes on and on,
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by olapo(f): 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2010
my pastor named his children

-prosperity

-authority

-hilarious,

and a family friend calls his kids, accountant, doctor and engineer cos that's what he wants them to be, imagine kids under 15years
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by InkedNerd(f): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2010
olapo:

my pastor named his children

-prosperity

-authority

-hilarious,

and a family friend calls his kids, accountant, doctor and engineer cos that's what he wants them to be, imagine kids under 15years

LOOOOOOOOL, chai.
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by elega(f): 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2010
The most weird name i've heard is 'thank God', D child got the name from his igbo father who already had four girls.
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by DeepSoul(f): 2:29am On Sep 08, 2010
*Destiny*

*Russia* (My cousin)

* Watchman* (My cousin's husband)

* Queensly* shocked shocked shocked
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by prommy(f): 9:46pm On Sep 08, 2010
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids.
« #20 on: August 24, 2010, 02:41 PM »

Sopuru, Kosiso, Osiso,
if u had known the full meaning of these names am sure u will appreciate them esp kosisochukwu
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 09, 2010
Deep Soul:

[color=#006600][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]*Destiny*

*Russia* (My cousin)

* Watchman* (My cousin's husband)

You mean both of them are married? grin  cheesy
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by bawomolo(m): 4:40pm On Sep 09, 2010
Wait a minute, there's nothing wrong with the name Heineken. The name originates from the Netherlands. The founder of the company is named Gerard Adriaan Heineken.

but what connection do we have with the dutch?
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by InkedNerd(f): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2010
bawomolo:

but what connection do we have with the dutch?

I trying to tell honeric01 that that its not really a funny name. Its a Dutch name, the founder of the beer Heineken was Dutch so I don't see it as a weird name. Its like if you see someone named Kellogs, Honda, Toyota, Armani, Dell, Sotheby's, etc. Those are all names that have become commercialized and turned into brands. Had they no have been famous and well know companies/brands I doubt we'd thing they were weird.
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by bawomolo(m): 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I trying to tell honeric01 that that its not really a funny name. Its a Dutch name, the founder of the beer Heineken was Dutch so I don't see it as a weird name. Its like if you see someone named Kellogs, Honda, Toyota, Armani, Dell, Sotheby's, etc. Those are all names that have become commercialized and turned into brands. Had they no have been famous and well know companies/brands I doubt we'd thing they were weird.

i think what makes it weird is that most of these parents do not know the origin or history behind the names.
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by InkedNerd(f): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2010
bawomolo:

i think what makes it weird is that most of these parents do not know the origin or history behind the names.

Who's most people? Do you mean the people on Nairaland or non-Nairaland people?
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by aieromon(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2010
Some kids laughed at Goodluck when he was young.I wonder who's laughing now?
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by Sissy3(f): 9:54am On Sep 11, 2010
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by spicyhoney(f): 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2010
Nigerian parents are turning into something else in giving names. My neighbor actually named their son 'Delight', am sure the boy would change his name when he grows up.

Too many funny names,
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by younme1: 9:52pm On Sep 12, 2010

@ you said it all
Re: Some Weird Names Parents Used To Name Their Kids. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2010
honeric01:

And what makes you think those in the senate house are normal or well groomed people? because some of them kill, steal, loot, rig their way into that post does not mean they are a good citizen or had a good upbringing from their parents.

I still maintain, it's a total disaster for any parent to name his or her son after a beer name (That's wickedness).

imagine someone bearing Small stout Lokpobiri
big stout Lokpobiri
guilder Lokpobiri
star Lokpobiri
fanta Lokpobiri
goldspot Lokpobiri
shepe Lokpobiri
ogogoro Lokpobiri
Alomo bitters Lokpobiri
yoyo bitters Lokpobiri
paraga Lokpobiri
oguro Lokpobiri
gordon spark Lokpobiri

the list goes on cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is by far the most hilarious post on this thread so far!!

Schnapps Lokpobiri (with seamans as his middle name) lol

Other wicked names on this thread include;

Scholar a.k.a Scholarstica

Roma a.k.a Romanus

Policap a.k.a Polinus a.k.a poli

Cletus

Silvanus

Nico a.k.a Nicodemus

Testimony

Ignatius

Livinus

Lovina

Paulina

Angela

Felicia

Vero a.k.a Veronica

Hyginus

Attanacius

Sylvanus

Johnbull

Bullus (this was the name of our mechanic way back)

Commissioner

Tuesday

Thankgod Limejuice (I think this dude is from Port-harcourt. What about Ogbolosinger)

Independence (lol)

Goddey

lol

I think some parents are just purely wicked with these names. In port-harcourt for example, I know a couple of kids named;

BOY.

Yep!! Boy. Thats his name. I wonder if the parents were too lazy to think up a name or what. And that isnt like a pet-name o!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does The Word ''itutu'' Mean In Yoruba? / Why And How She Cheated On Her Husband; True Life Story. / Seven Practical Steps To Polish And Make Your Floor/wall Tiles Shine Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.