Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,855 members, 7,879,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) (44953 Views)

Amaechi's House In Port-Harcourt On Security Lock Down Ahead Of Elections. Pics / Dele Momodu Reacts To Postponement Of 2019 Elections By INEC / INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by HigherEd: 6:03am On Feb 16, 2019
Nigeria is a kind of funny place. You had over 200 billion in funding, so many months ahead of you to prepare yet you can't organize an election at the stipulated time. This is not a serious country. The Intl community would just be looking at us as bunch of jokers....
This is exactly what happens when incompetent people are placed in power based on quota and nepotism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by JohnViruxz: 6:03am On Feb 16, 2019
I don't really understand...
As in, postponed to when?
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by NessaBoo(f): 6:03am On Feb 16, 2019
post=75777367:
Not worth seeing......

Manna, I can't believe the news I woke up to this morning!! angry

1 Like

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by otokx(m): 6:03am On Feb 16, 2019
Rebornhombre:
Hmmmm nawa oh.. Massive rigging is about to take places, something dangerous is about to happen, Lord save our people for this evil that is about to take place.

No evil shall come near my dwelling place.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by lifenajeje(m): 6:03am On Feb 16, 2019
INEC only ended up postponing PMB return to Duara by a week.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 16, 2019
The INEC chairman has never come from same region as the president, but NIgerians allowed this.
Black man and desperate hold to power.
Even more surprising coming from a man of over 80yrs.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by pheely40: 6:04am On Feb 16, 2019
My dear country Nigeria. This is wrong.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by wallymore(m): 6:04am On Feb 16, 2019
Why inec....well u just shift the pain on how Buhari will be beat atiku.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by otokx(m): 6:05am On Feb 16, 2019
valacious:
The INEC chairman has never come from same region as the president, but NIgerians allowed this.
Black man and desperate hold to power.
Even more surprising coming from a man of over 80yrs.

A law should be done to ensure that in the future.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by MrHighSea: 6:05am On Feb 16, 2019
QuotaSystem:

This is not about the wailers alone, all Nigerians are disappointed.

The only happy Nigerian I know is the turkey that gets to survive another week before we celebrate PMBs victory.

In this government, TURKEY and COW have more right than humans.
Oga u c ur life

1 Like

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by deewhydoski(m): 6:05am On Feb 16, 2019
This people re mad
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by princenaira(m): 6:05am On Feb 16, 2019
I am not surprise at all. The hand writing was very clear before now that INEC is working for APC.

APC campain council is merely joking and deceiving themselves by claiming they are not happy with INEC over postponement.

People already took risk, spent money and travelled to vote. So many of them will not travel again in a week time and they will be disenfranchised.

Indeed, there was a country

1 Like

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Speedo17(m): 6:06am On Feb 16, 2019
Nigeria's Highest Electoral Body announcing it's incompetence in the Country's most historical and sensitive election!
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by ozoono(m): 6:06am On Feb 16, 2019
may u nd ur co never live well sickness wud b ur portoin. I spend my cash traveling to my village to vote now c
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by pheely40: 6:08am On Feb 16, 2019
After spending tax payers money. This man is greeting us with postponement due to logistics on an election day. What kind of country is this? Incompetent people everywhere.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by collinz: 6:08am On Feb 16, 2019
#profYakubuMustResign #inecChairman must resign. arrant nonsense.who does that? POSTPONING A GENERAL ELECTION ON THE VERY DAY of the election, not even the eve to the election. bleeping peoples plan and life, nonsense!
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by MYHUBBY: 6:08am On Feb 16, 2019
yakubu is a disappointment. so because Atiku and buhari want to be elected, the citizens should let go of their plans

such a flimsy excuses to justify irrational decision. inec had no excuse to postponed this election, it's just plain stupidity
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Livingstone124: 6:12am On Feb 16, 2019
Inconclusive and incompetent fools driving millions of Nigerians around.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by 12345baba(m): 6:13am On Feb 16, 2019
So upon all the money they give them they couldn't meet up. Inec chairman na total failure
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by solutionzz: 6:13am On Feb 16, 2019
To Participate just text yes to the number in the flyer

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Hoodbilonia: 6:15am On Feb 16, 2019
Africa is cursed
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by MajorLanister: 6:16am On Feb 16, 2019
princeade86:
this is stupidity. why die minute. even during jonathan era, that dey wanted to shift it, they announced two weeks to the election day and everyone going around for their activities .

This is the hand work of the dwarf... he used this tactics for the people of Edo state during their governorship election knowing fully well that the opposition parties would have spent all their money. when the real game begins, only APC will be left with cash to share and Nigerians will sell votes for the penny.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by otswag(m): 6:17am On Feb 16, 2019
"Logistic reasons" is the usual shield people get behind for cover when there is no reasonable excuse for an action. You had four freaking years to plan this..... FOUR YEARS!!!!
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Came4apost(m): 6:17am On Feb 16, 2019
The statistics is highly in favour of PDP .. And they trying all possible means to change that ... But even 1 week is too small to change it .. Only if dem wan dey begin kill people as seen in Kaduna yesterday where 66 people were killed ...so if you love your life stay woke and japa on sighting of any funny movement
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by marostan(m): 6:17am On Feb 16, 2019
[b][/b] I weep for this country.. I am really disappointed in this country and it's leaders.. Our country's image is continually tarnished in the International Community everyday by our so called leaders..
Which way Nigeria? That's all I ask...
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by LKO(m): 6:17am On Feb 16, 2019
naijapips04:
This had been, the plan. Now sensitive materials are in town. let the rigging begin.

The is the first time election is being postponed on election day right after materials have been moved.

Does anyone even stop to think about the cost of this? to the security personnel, to the poor corners, to other Nigerians that have already made plans?

Do we even know,what this has done to our image internationally ?

Now that APC has the material, the should begin the rigging.

This is not the first time election would be postponed on election day. It happened in 2011, we are already in the field, accreditation has been concluded, waiting for voting to commence proper when INEC announced election postponement, saying it has logistics issues in many areas like non availability of result sheets in many places. It was during the presidential and national assembly election. I was a presiding officer in that election. INEC still got to pay us our 10k that day, see groove for corpers, Lol.

Just to correct u, not arguing o. You can Google it. This postponement would affect many people. People have already travelled to their villages just to vote.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by OMOADEPOJU: 6:18am On Feb 16, 2019
This is terrible. This country is in a mess.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Zenlife: 6:18am On Feb 16, 2019
INEC should be FIRED!
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:19am On Feb 16, 2019
NessaBoo:

Manna, I can't believe the news I woke up to this morning!! angry
No one saw it coming sis.
It was a rude shock!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by RTSC: 6:19am On Feb 16, 2019
otokx:

A law should be done to ensure that in the future.
Better leave it alone.
Buhari has set a lot of precedence. Other future presidents must enjoy these precedence too.

Though in the interest of Nigeria, the constitution must make it an abomination for a president to appoint an inec head from his region, until we get to the point where tribe no longer matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by fakati(m): 6:20am On Feb 16, 2019
It shall never be well with this useless mahmood Yakubu for this dubious attitude

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AnambraDecides: Soludo's 90-Year-Old Father Hugs Him As They Celebrate (Video) / President Buhari Sacks Saleh Mamman and Sabo Nanono As Ministers / "The Whole Truth On Goodluck Jonathan Picking An APC Form" - Reno Omokri.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.