Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,540 members, 7,965,160 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 09:30 AM

The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) (45071 Views)

Amaechi's House In Port-Harcourt On Security Lock Down Ahead Of Elections. Pics / Dele Momodu Reacts To Postponement Of 2019 Elections By INEC / INEC's Official Statement On Postponement Of 2019 Elections (Transcript) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Wantedmiller: 6:21am On Feb 16, 2019
Rebornhombre:
Hmmmm nawa oh.. Massive rigging is about to take places, something dangerous is about to happen, Lord save our people for this evil that is about to take place.

Shataaap

Which Evil...... are you talking about?

Can't you understand simple thing........
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by ramdris(m): 6:23am On Feb 16, 2019
Rebornhombre:
Hmmmm nawa oh.. Massive rigging is about to take places, something dangerous is about to happen, Lord save our people for this evil that is about to take place.
Why don't for once wish ur country well...
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by holuphisayor(m): 6:26am On Feb 16, 2019
I only pity those corper who slept on the floor cos of this shithole. Mtcheew
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Cybertext(m): 6:44am On Feb 16, 2019
LieDetector:
How about those that have traveled to perform their civic right? You don't expect them to return then travel again. APC God will judge you. Buhari has sensed an impending defeat. The online polls so far have been scary. Buhari please don't impose yourself on us. We don't need you sir. We're tired of you. I voted for you in 2015 but you've failed woefully in the vital sectors. You've delivered just 2% of your campaign promises. I'd be foolish to re-elect you sir. I'll vote Atiku and if he fails which I do not pray for, I'd vote another candidate come 2023

Are you saying people didn't travel to vote APC? When has online polls been a yardstick to reality?? INEC is the culprit here, they only have one job every 4years and they still find a way of goofing. It happened in 2011& 2015....

1 Like

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by comffy(f): 6:45am On Feb 16, 2019
naijapips04:
This had been, the plan. Now sensitive materials are in town. let the rigging begin.

The is the first time presidential election is being postponed on election day right after materials have been moved.

Does anyone even stop to think about the cost of this? to the security personnel, to the poor corpers, to other Nigerians that have already made plans?

Do we even know,what this has done to our image internationally ?

Now that APC has the material, the should begin the rigging.

Not the first time. It happened in 2011. The presidential election was held on Tuesday after Easter Monday in April 2011. I was a serving Corps member as well as
INEC adhoc staff. It was during GEJ regime.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by adanny01(m): 6:48am On Feb 16, 2019
FYB:
We re not a serious country. How can you cancel an important election like this on elecyion day? For four years, what we're they preparing for.

If it was not cancelled and there are several irregularities in the elections, am sure you will still have something to say criticizing INEC.

What is worth doing is worth doing well.

The election was going to start late all over, that was not acceptable.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by mysteryman2014: 6:49am On Feb 16, 2019
LKO:

This is not the first time election would be postponed on election day. It happened in 2011, we are already in the field, accreditation has been concluded, waiting for voting to commence proper when INEC announced election postponement, saying it has logistics issues in many areas like non availability of result sheets in many places. It was during the presidential and national assembly election. I was a presiding officer in that election. INEC still got to pay us our 10k that day, see groove for corpers, Lol.

Just to correct u, not arguing o. You can Google it. This postponement would affect many people. People have already travelled to their villages just to vote.

That was not a nation wide cancellation.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by naijapips04: 6:49am On Feb 16, 2019
comffy:

Not the first time. It happened in 2011. The presidential election was held on Tuesday after Easter Monday in April 2011. I was a serving Corps member as well as
INEC adhoc staff. It was during GEJ regime.

No ma. it was parliamentary elections that was postponed.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2011/04/201143174718212830.html
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Acidosis(m): 6:50am On Feb 16, 2019
INEC needs to commence immediate printing of new ballot papers and other sensitive materials.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by adedayoa2(f): 6:52am On Feb 16, 2019
naijapips04:
This had been, the plan. Now sensitive materials are in town. let the rigging begin.

The is the first time presidential election is being postponed on election day right after materials have been moved.

Does anyone even stop to think about the cost of this? to the security personnel, to the poor corpers, to other Nigerians that have already made plans?

it was also postponed in 2015
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by adedayoa2(f): 6:54am On Feb 16, 2019
naijapips04:

2015 too
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by naijapips04: 6:55am On Feb 16, 2019
adedayoa2:
it was also postponed in 2015

Not on election day ma.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Alcacer47: 6:57am On Feb 16, 2019
LKO:

This is not the first time election would be postponed on election day. It happened in 2011, we are already in the field, accreditation has been concluded, waiting for voting to commence proper when INEC announced election postponement, saying it has logistics issues in many areas like non availability of result sheets in many places. It was during the presidential and national assembly election. I was a presiding officer in that election. INEC still got to pay us our 10k that day, see groove for corpers, Lol.

Just to correct u, not arguing o. You can Google it. This postponement would affect many people. People have already travelled to their villages just to vote.
though am also not happy for the postponement, I can relate to what u are saying cos I was also part of the election, a polling official then
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by programmer6229: 7:07am On Feb 16, 2019
I am an experienced CODER, I can help fix any issues on your website or AppAvailable on WhatsApp Only

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:09am On Feb 16, 2019
maclatunji:
INEC had 4 years to plan this election, that it cannot follow it's own calendar is inexcusable.

Go an conduct the election nha Mr inexcusable
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by programmer9539: 7:09am On Feb 16, 2019
I am an experienced CODER, I can help fix any issues on your website or AppAvailable on WhatsApp Only

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by 9gerian: 7:20am On Feb 16, 2019
Ok so inec doesn’t have project managers that could have alerted the commission of failure to meet the timelines?

How are appointments made into these sensitive positions Nigeria!!!

kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

PoliticsNGR has gotten footage from the press conference organized by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, on Saturday morning on the 2019 Elections.

At the conference, the Chairman of the electoral body, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu announced the postponement of the 2019 general Elections citing logistics issues.

Watch the footage HERE

https://politicsngr.com/watch-footage-inec-chairmans-announcing-postponement-2019-elections/
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by OptimusHarry(m): 7:27am On Feb 16, 2019
why are INEC such frauds. you had 4 years to sort out this "logistic issues". we all know this is an excuse to permit rigging.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by xana101: 7:29am On Feb 16, 2019
Nigeria wake up. This is a clear rigging by d APC. Now the materials are outside, vote rigging starts today till Wednesday. They would have rigged and thumb printed on millions of voter papers. Its a planned game.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Kenturkey048(m): 7:29am On Feb 16, 2019
mysteryman2014:

That was not a nation wide cancellation.
thank u...
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Rexmy(m): 7:31am On Feb 16, 2019
Which way Nigeria!
No bearing, no relatable magnitude... The country is now turninoniown!
No sector seems to get it right, shall we call this an ill planned or hijacked event?
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by sholaadeyemo(m): 7:33am On Feb 16, 2019
Bastard...failure...this one is obviously not eligible to be a chairman...he got there because he probably helped the president in one way or the other
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by dazzlingd(m): 7:37am On Feb 16, 2019
LieDetector:
How about those that have traveled to perform their civic right? You don't expect them to return then travel again. APC God will judge you. Buhari has sensed an impending defeat. The online polls so far have been scary. Buhari please don't impose yourself on us. We don't need you sir. We're tired of you. I voted for you in 2015 but you've failed woefully in the vital sectors. You've delivered just 2% of your campaign promises. I'd be foolish to re-elect you sir. I'll vote Atiku and if he fails which I do not pray for, I'd vote another candidate come 2023

Guy grow up and speak like you are enlightened....
Inec is independent and this postponement is to further disadvantage of APC government. If buhari could control inec, why didn't he in influence zamfara.

So many illiterates on social media self, abi people wey no get reasoning faculty.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by Alim30(m): 7:38am On Feb 16, 2019
it seems this INEC are not competent over three years you can't plan it a shame....looking for ways to manipulate ok we are watching
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by LieDetector(m): 7:41am On Feb 16, 2019
dazzlingd:

Guy grow up and speak like you are enlightened....
Inec is independent and this postponement is to further disadvantage of APC government. If buhari could control inec, why didn't he in influence zamfara.

So many illiterates on social media self, abi people wey no get reasoning faculty.
such electoral bodies are 95% independent in sane countries. You're a big fool if you think inec is independent in Nigeria and not following orders from aso rock
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by pannyman(m): 7:48am On Feb 16, 2019
I'm even more disappointed in the prophets who failed to foresee this.
Re: The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) by dazzlingd(m): 7:51am On Feb 16, 2019
LieDetector:
such electoral bodies are 95% independent in sane countries. You're a big fool if you think inec is independent in Nigeria and not following orders from aso rock

You are a complete disaster in foolishness to think this postponement is not a slap on APC government, at least dumb people like you can have more propaganda to spew against your political enemy.

So why didn't buhari interfere in zamfara. Olodo shallow thinker. Thats the problem with democracy, equal votes equal rights when some people don't know their left from their rights.
Get out of here.... Eranko omo aguntan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Divorced Atiku Abubakar, Jennifer Atiku's Full Statement / U.S. Shouldn’t Rush To Embrace Nigerian Election Results —US Senator Jim Risch / Buhari, Sylva Campaign Posters Cause Stir In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.