Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,034 members, 7,903,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:16 AM

Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial (3175 Views)

Five Policemen Arrested Over Alleged Murder / Four Policemen Torture Woman Over Stolen Ipad. / Five Policemen Detained For Killing & Burying A Cyclist In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by Kennyblues(m): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2010
The five policemen who were allegedly involved in the killing of a 27-year-old driver in Ilorin on Monday are to undergo an Orderly Room Trial.

The victim, one Dele Olaniyi, died instantly, while his assistant Waheed Jamiu, was seriously wounded and is said to be responding slowly to treatment at the General Hospital, Ilorin.

But the Kwara State police command which disclosed that the five policemen, including a corporal seriously wounded by a mob, had been arrested, noted that they would be dealt with, if found culpable.

However, in putting up a defence in favour of his colleagues, the command’s spokesman, Mr Ezekiel Dabo, laboured to link the shooting incident with an alleged kidnap case that allegedly took place earlier in the day.

“At about 1200hrs, on 23/08/2010, one Raimi Okulaja of Erinle Irewolede, Ilorin came to report that his daughter, Mercy, of about 17 years had been kidnapped and driven to an undisclosed location. All the patrol teams and divisions were accordingly alerted.

“The police, therefore, embarked on a stop-and-search and asked the trailer driver to stop. He refused and was pursued.

“In a bid to stop him from escaping, one of the officers fired at the tyre, but incidentally the bullet hit the driver, while the motor boy Wahidi Jamiu sustained gunshot injuries.

“Meanwhile, at about the same time, when the incident happened, we got information that the kidnapped girl was abandoned behind Tuyil Pharmaceuticals, with no ransom paid,” he said.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by Mbeki: 12:14pm On Aug 25, 2010
So a trained police man cannot aim at the tyre of a whole lorry successfully, thereby hitting the driver? this is the worst lie of the century,
Kennyblues:

“In a bid to stop him from escaping, one of the officers fired at the tyre, but incidentally the bullet hit the driver, while the motor boy Wahidi Jamiu sustained gunshot injuries.

Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by jokingmary(m): 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2010
Mbeki:

So a trained police man cannot aim at the tyre of a whole lorry successfully, thereby hitting the driver? this is the worst lie of the century,

Exactly
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by Abuna: 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2010
There is a lot that needs to change in the country. The Police are absolutely clueless and lack professionalism in all their dealings. sad
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by Valo29: 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2010
Mr Ezekiel Dabo should know we are not dumb peopleHow can he open his mouth and say the policemen aimed at the tyres and shot the driver? Is the distance between driver and tyre not enough to tell him that the driver was aimed at?If he believed that, then i wonder the I.Q level needed to be a police spokesman.If the driver were his son or youger brother, will he say the tyre was aimed?If you have nothing to say, then don't open your mouth to insult our intelligence please!!!!
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by cripnip(m): 12:57pm On Aug 25, 2010
what does 'Orderly Room Trial' mean?
this is what you get from admitting pple with * credits in WAEC.
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by violent(m): 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2010
If he believed that, then i wonder the I.Q level needed to be a police spokesman

I'm quite wary of using the word intelligence with NPF to begin with

truthfully i'd be surprised if most poepl in the NPF display an IQ level above 20
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by midway: 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2010
“Meanwhile, at about the same time, when the incident happened, we got information that the kidnapped girl was abandoned behind Tuyil Pharmaceuticals, with no ransom paid,” hmmmn! This is the exact place where my sister was kidnapped 3 years ago undecided
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by bignaija(m): 1:30pm On Aug 25, 2010
nigerian can get better
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by cupid4ig(m): 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2010
god have macy on this stupid men in black what kind of lies is this?
Kennyblues:

The five policemen who were allegedly involved in the killing of a 27-year-old driver in Ilorin on Monday are to undergo an Orderly Room Trial.

The victim, one Dele Olaniyi, died instantly, while his assistant Waheed Jamiu, was seriously wounded and is said to be responding slowly to treatment at the General Hospital, Ilorin.

But the Kwara State police command which disclosed that the five policemen, including a corporal seriously wounded by a mob, had been arrested, noted that they would be dealt with, if found culpable.

However, in putting up a defence in favour of his colleagues, the command’s spokesman, Mr Ezekiel Dabo, laboured to link the shooting incident with an alleged kidnap case that allegedly took place earlier in the day.

“At about 1200hrs, on 23/08/2010, one Raimi Okulaja of Erinle Irewolede, Ilorin came to report that his daughter, Mercy, of about 17 years had been kidnapped and driven to an undisclosed location. All the patrol teams and divisions were accordingly alerted.

“The police, therefore, embarked on a stop-and-search and asked the trailer driver to stop. He refused and was pursued.

“Meanwhile, at about the same time, when the incident happened, we got information that the kidnapped girl was abandoned behind Tuyil Pharmaceuticals, with no ransom paid,” he said.

Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by Chaidon: 2:18pm On Aug 25, 2010
O my God! What a lie! even if he aimed the tires and mistakenly hit the driver how did the motor boy sustain gunshot injuries
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by 2makesense: 2:21pm On Aug 25, 2010
In a bid to stop him from escaping, one of the officers fired at the tyre, but incidentally the bullet hit the driver, while the motor boy Wahidi Jamiu sustained gunshot injuries.
they should tell us something else because this is an open lie! grin angry angry
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by obidia(f): 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2010
Naija!!! Does this man think we are fools? What a story
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by yesboss20(m): 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2010
I gotta admit that these cats are simply incredible. "In a spite to shoot the tyre, they got the driver killed". How on earth did they go from ground level aiming to calculated inclined shooting?
Unfortutunately, this act is becoming ever so common in our nation and Ilorin specifically because not too long ago, a similar incident occurred along that same stretch of road. I can only pray for God's intervention in these matters.
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by bobokelly(m): 2:56pm On Aug 25, 2010
The Police spokeman need to be taking to (aro in abeokuta) may be he has bra problem, not even ashamed to say this .idiot
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by Exponental(m): 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2010
Even Super Story writer cannot write a story line like this:

Kennyblues:

can someone pls tell me the name of the NEW MODEL TRAILER that has its tyres close to the driver!
OR
Is it posible for a bullet that already pierced into someone bounce back to hit someone else.

Mr Ezekiel Dabo, pls write another story. Nigerians are not fools
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by pendusky(m): 3:12pm On Aug 25, 2010
There is only one thing that is needed to be done during police recruitment! PSYCHOLOGICAL TEST! Please ENOUGH of police wahala in this country!,  Killing innocent poor people, How I wished This police brutality is against the top policemen and politician relatives so that THEY can act fast on this issues!
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by Ranoscky(m): 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2010
Na today? undecided E don tey!!!!

Don't be surprised to see dat same policeman makin way for traffic tomorow at Oshodi. Abi no be naija we dey?
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by Ayowumie(m): 3:29pm On Aug 25, 2010
Mbeki:

It's shame on Nigerian Police Force. Even the Commandant is a fool to have tried justify the shooting even for saying the statement "in a bid, " he should feel sorry for himself that the men under him can not handle guns to the extent that they aim successfully at a tire of A LORRY!

If I have a kid and he joins the Nigerian police, I would ultimately be-head him.
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by hackney(m): 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2010
Valo29:

Mr Ezekiel Dabo should know we are not dumb,

Well said but the reality remains that anybody in some sort of power in nigeria will usually think that
the populace is dumb and as such will say anything to the public.

Retrospectively, that tells you how s.tu.pid they themselves are.

Ranoscky:

Na today? undecided E don tey!!!!

Don't be surprised to see dat same policeman makin way for traffic tomorow at Oshodi. Abi no be naija we dey?
GBAM! ! !
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by btlasisi(m): 5:04pm On Aug 25, 2010
Are we surprised of this news?

What do you expect from blank minded black uniformed black hearted black man with black gun on a black day,

Death, Destruction, Tribulations, calamities,
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by Parnassuss(m): 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2010
Even I can't bliv this story. If the shooting was accidental and aimed at the tyre then;
Chaidon:

O my God! What a lie! even if he aimed the tires and mistakenly hit the driver how did the motor boy sustain gunshot injuries

Nuff said! NPF, even God don reject that uniform.
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by delta12(m): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2010
I think I now understand what happened. The Trailer was a year 2050 Model, that has the tyres located by the side of the driver. The bullets used was a reflexive remote controlled bullet. So when shot, it pierced through the tyre, got the driver, bounced back and made a few hits on the motor boy, before it settled. The police man tried to control the bullet with the remote, but was not able to locate the stop botton on time.

Hope this is a better story?
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by andyanders: 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2010
THEY HAVE COME AGAIN. EVEN THE TOP POLICE OFFICER COULD VOICE SAME JUST LIKE FRANK MBA. JUST TO PROTECT THEIR OWN.
NIGERIA POLICE FORCE IS A DISGRACE TO HUMANITY AND THEY WILL PAY FOR IT. I DOUBT IF ANY NIGERIA POLICEMAN WILL ENTER HEAVEN. MUDERERS. ARMED ROBBERS,PEN ROBBERS. THATS WHAT THEY ARE. IF NOT THAT THEY MUDERED THE GUY AT THE GATE OF THEIR OFFICE, A TYPICAL NIGERIA POLICEMEN WOULD HAVE KILLED THEM AND NOW DROP A GUN BY THEIR SIDE AND CLIAM THEY WERE ROBBERS AND THEIR BOSS WILL SUPPORT THE CLAIM. NONE OF THEM WILL MAKE HEAVEN. THEY ARE WICKED, THEIR CHILDREN WILL BE PURNISHED BY THEIR SINS, UNLESS THEY GO FOR DELIVERANCE.

NIGERIA POLICE, WICKED, WICKED, WICKED. IMMEDIATELY A NIGERIAN ENTERS THE POLICE FORCE, SATAN ENTERS INTO THEM TO POSSESS THEM AND LEAVE WITH THEM, FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. WICKED CREATURES.
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by Pukkah: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2010
A fresh Police force should be formed while the present one, which has outlived its usefulness, should be disbanded gradually. Stop staffing the old police force and build a brand new force, with a new command structure, starting from the major states and FCT. The FG should also consider the issue of state police at least to serve as a conscience of the Federal Police. Besides, it won't be a bad idea to subject the police force to audits.

The Nigeria Police is so corrupt so much that I think it's hopeless attempting any reform except a total scrap.
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by andyanders: 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2010
@Pukkah
Posts: 132 YOU ARE RIGHT. OUTRIGHT SCRAPPING OF NIGERIA POLICE FORCE. IDDIOTS
[b]
[/b]
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by andyanders: 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
IF YOU HAVE A BROTHER THAT IS A POLICE MAN, BE CAREFUL WITH HIM. ONE DAY, EITHER HE WILL BRING THEIR COLLEAGUE TO ROBB YOU OR PLAN FOR YOUR DEATH
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by Dotman01(m): 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2010
These police guys are all bunch of i.diots
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by Dotman01(m): 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2010
These police guys are all bunch of i.diots
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by TeskyMan(m): 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2010
Kennyblues:

Our police needs to learn how to Lie. This kinda lie makes us a laughing stock in the comity of nations. Why would a police man aim at the type of a trailer and the bullet hits the driver. Meaning that at every time the bullet hits the driver, the police man was aiming at the tire. Do you know how far the tire is to the sit of the driver? This is pathetic, seriously!!

This is really bad and its detrimental to our social and economic development. I am sorry to say this, only Almighty God can forgive me because of the gravity of hatred I have for the Nigerian Police Force. Immediately,I discover someone who is a police man/woman, there is this thing within me that keeps telling me that the person is a potential killer and instantly I develop a kind of hatred for the person. Only God can help me out of this situation.

I pity my country NIGERIA.
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by bonna4u(m): 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2010
What a shame! The police force has made this Mr Dapo so dump that he can't even manufacture a decent lie. He thinks Nigerians are as dump as he and his colleagues.
Re: Ilorin Shooting: Five Policemen To Face Orderly Room Trial by debbyzzy(m): 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2010
This police thingy is getting out of hand, they are so not professional in their conducts!

Imagine the kind lie whey dem deh lie sef sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prostitutes Who Steal Caught In Port-Harcourt, Asked To Swim, Drink Gutter Water / If u stay in mile 12 Lagos click here b4 u go die like chicken o PHOTOS / Any Cause For Alarm? Trailer Drops Off Plenty Abokis In Ring Rd. Benin (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.