Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,669 members, 7,889,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:00 AM

Your Excuse Of Bad Weather, A Lie, Aviation Minister To INEC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Excuse Of Bad Weather, A Lie, Aviation Minister To INEC Chairman (552 Views)

Resign, Clear Your Name And Make History – Ex-minister To VP Osinbajo / Soldiers Massacare: Buhari Sends Defense Minister To Meet Chad's President / Falomo: I Used Abiola's Money To Send The Health Minister To School Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Excuse Of Bad Weather, A Lie, Aviation Minister To INEC Chairman by naijapikin04(m): 7:53am On Feb 18, 2019
http://nextedition.com.ng/2019/02/18/elections-shift-excuse-bad-weather-lie-aviation-minister-inec-chairman/

The Minister of State for Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, has contradicted the claim by the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Mahmood Yakubu, that the weather was not good for flight operations on the eve of last Saturday’s elections.

Recall that Yakubu had given inability to move materials by air due to bad weather as part of the logistics challenges that led to the postponement of the February 16 Presidential and National Assembly elections.

However, the Minister, on Sunday, insisted that the weather had been perfect on the said day. He spoke via his verified Twitter handle, @hadisirika, saying INEC should find another excuse.

The tweet read: “INEC should say something else as weather was good for flight operations on the eve of elections, similarly all airports were directed to open 24 hours during the election period.”

Re: Your Excuse Of Bad Weather, A Lie, Aviation Minister To INEC Chairman by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 7:57am On Feb 18, 2019
We are reading the script and watching in 3D.. Nigeria will be great again

1 Like

Re: Your Excuse Of Bad Weather, A Lie, Aviation Minister To INEC Chairman by daddytime(m): 8:03am On Feb 18, 2019
Why all these na over an issue that has already been settled.

What do they aim to achieve with these back and forths other than to heat up the polity.

If I were the President, I'd be sacking these idiots...
Re: Your Excuse Of Bad Weather, A Lie, Aviation Minister To INEC Chairman by obi4eze(m): 8:10am On Feb 18, 2019
Lying is factory-fitted in this government.
Re: Your Excuse Of Bad Weather, A Lie, Aviation Minister To INEC Chairman by Tallesty1(m): 8:20am On Feb 18, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
We are reading the script and watching in 3D.. Nigeria will be great again
Great again? Has Nigeria ever been great?
Re: Your Excuse Of Bad Weather, A Lie, Aviation Minister To INEC Chairman by Modphase: 8:27am On Feb 18, 2019
I tire o !
Tallesty1:
Re: Your Excuse Of Bad Weather, A Lie, Aviation Minister To INEC Chairman by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 10:40am On Feb 18, 2019
Tallesty1:
At least there were better days

(1) (Reply)

Vote Whoever You Like, I’m Not Afraid – Buhari / 3 Coprpers Stranded At Dandaura Ward , Kaura Lga In Kaduna State / Saraki Is The Biggest Loser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.