Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,189 members, 7,891,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:03 AM

Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You (2721 Views)

Nigerian Guy Calls Out Lagos Lady That Dumped Him After A N45k Dinner Date / Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / Can You Tell If A Girl Is Going To Get Fat When She Is Older? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2010
my best friend is dating a girl that is five years older than him when i try to tell him to reason he say that age is not love, age is just a number seriously is this right, because i think he needs spiritual assistance
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2010
There's nothing wrong with that. Why is it ok for an older man to date a younger woman but not for an older woman to date a younger man?
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2010
it has been like that since the beginning of of time, also men came to the world first so it,s nature
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

it has been like that since the beginning of of time, also men came to the world first so it,s nature

That's not a valid reason. And who told you men were in this world first?
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 3:30pm On Aug 25, 2010
it,s true since the creation of man<adam> and there won,t be respect
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2010
no big deal rili. if ur game is tit enof. But rmbr say shoe dey get size, dependn on what u r lookin out 4,
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by UyiIredia(m): 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

That's not a valid reason. And who told you men were in this world first?

the Bible >>> woman was made from man >>> but what the heck >>> why do people reason like Dafermo
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2010
to me it,s not sensible GOD created women for us so whatz the deal
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

w/e

Dafemo:

to me it,s not sensible GOD created women for us so whatz the deal

Created for you? Look, we're not in the Biblical era anymore so please get that notion out of your head.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2010
k thats true but do u believe in rapture
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2010
No offense Dafemo, but this isn't the religion forum undecided
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2010
the point is it is not right to date someone older than u since the beginning of time
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by UyiIredia(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2010
guy take it easy eehn !!! >>> no bring Bible into dis matter >>> like this !!!
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Moralistli(m): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2010
Hoopla.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

the point is it is not right to date someone older than u since the beginning of time

Using the Bible as his reference isn't enough. There are places all over the world were people believe life started from a woman before Christianity. Are you going to tell me that you anymore credible then they are?
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Pafuri(m): 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2010
I personally have never dated a woman younger than myself. Its a question of principle and honor. The younger ones can wait. I need to help the ageing ones, especially in their competition aginst the corvaceous temptresses grin grin grin grin

@Inked_Nerd: Actually life started with the MAN's spermatozoa. Or, if you want, when HIS spermatozoa met the woman's ova (eggs). It was a voluntary act. So, you could say that the MAN chose to start life. Thus, life started with HIM. Pure science, not myth nor legend as are found in the various scriptures. Respect to the mothers though.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2010
Pafuri:

I personally have never dated a woman yunger than myself. Its a question of prnciple and honor.

@Inked_Nerd: Actually life started with the MAN's spermatozoa. Or, if you want, when HIS spermatozoa met the woman's ova (eggs). It was a voluntary act. So, you could say that the MAN chose to start life. Thus, life started with HIM. Pure science, not myth nor legend as are found in the various scriptures. Respect to the mothers though.

So did man just magically pop out of the air and exist? That isn't any proof that life started with men. Its like saying "which one came first, the chicken or the egg?"
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by madlady(f): 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

Who said their won't be RESPECT, if the guy behaves like a man then I'm sure she will show him 100% respect  .

Any guy who behaves like a MAN WILL get respect from a woman regardless of her age.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2010
the top rated religions in the believe men came first so what is the point, who came first the mother or the baby
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by madlady(f): 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2010
^^^ Why does that matter?
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Pafuri(m): 5:47pm On Aug 25, 2010
@Inked_Nerd: And that, lady, is the puzzle of a gazillion light years. I guess the seemingly intractable nature of the puzzle is why a short-cut was conveniently discovered: the Garden of Eden. Yet, humans still haven't found that location. Lets just agree that the ova (eggs) existed; waiting, in the inner recesses of a Female, to be discovered by a Male's spermatozoa. This will therefore point to a simultaneous existence waiting for a mutual discovery. That discovery could be the 'Big Bang': expulsion or release (as in 'I'm coming', or 'did you come?', or 'come'). That is the overt process of procreation. The inner process is the piercing of the egg by the conveniently conical shape of the spermatozoid's head. Isn't life and its creation quite interesting?!
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Agibecky: 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2010
If you are matured enough to do so.
Younger men even marry older women.
Your maturity is the key.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2010
@madlady there won,t be respect because the lady will not only have the upper hand but also control the relationship
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

the top rated religions in the believe men came first so what is the point, who came first the mother or the baby

Top rated religion? Oh I'm sorry, was there a popularity contest that I was unaware of? And I didn't ask you about the "top rated religions". Even if you are talking about the major religions of the world, that's still not a reason for your explanation. Anyway, back to the original topic, there's nothing wrong with a woman dating or marrying a younger guy. Since you're trying to link this with the "top rated religions" explanation that your giving, even in Islam, Khadijah who was married to the Prophet Muhammad was older than him.

Pafuri:

@Inked_Nerd: And that, lady, is the puzzle of a gazillion light years. I guess the seemingly intractable nature of the puzzle is why a short-cut was conveniently discovered: the Garden of Eden. Yet, humans still haven't found that location. Lets just agree that the ova (eggs) existed; waiting, in the inner recesses of a Female, to be discovered by a Male's spermatozoa. This will therefore point to a simultaneous existence waiting for a mutual discovery. That discovery could be the 'Big Bang': expulsion or release ( as in 'I'm coming', or 'did you come?', or 'come'). That is the overt process of procreation. The inner process is the piercing of the egg by the conveniently conical shape of the spermatozoid's head. Isn't life and its creation quite interesting?!

Or we can agree to disagree. Whichever one works for you grin

Dafemo:

@madlady there won,t be respect because the lady will not only have the upper hand but also control the relationship

And how did you come to this conclusion? Is this about age or power? And so what if she had the upper hand? If a hand had the upper hand its ok, but not a woman?
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by MrCork11: 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2010
Age is a Nomba. I Nyansh any age, between 20 and 80 (light skin) tongue
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2010
the truth is that ever since we humans can remeber it as been this way so the question is who came up with this idea
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2010
so @inked nerd can u date a guy u are older than
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Pafuri(m): 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2010
@Inked-Nerd: Yes, we can agree to disagree. It is the the first requirement for intelligent and respectful conversation. This seems to be quite rare around here.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

so @inked nerd can u date a guy u are older than

Yes I can and I have  grin.

Pafuri:

@Inked-Nerd: Yes, we can agree to disagree. It is the the first requirement for intelligent and respectful conversation. This seems to be quite rare around here.

Yupp, usually no one around here wants to agree to disagree.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by MrCork11: 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2010
actually i prefa older womens like SA Goddess, Omolola, innk nerd, 190, Queen eve  becoz  they love annnaal nyanshing  tongue
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
Mr Cork1:

actually i prefa older womens like SA Goddess, Omolola, innk nerd, 190, Queen eve  becoz  they love annnaal nyanshing  tongue

Inked_Nerd who? You don't even know how old I am. Abeg, wipe that thought out of your mind.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Omolola1(f): 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2010
well, 5 years is not too much, *i think*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Best Kept Secret About Nigerian Girls? - My Sisters, Please Represent / Housewife Slumps And Dies After Marathon Sex With Lover / Ladies, How Do You Feel Seeing Nigerian Men With Foreign Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.