Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,235 members, 7,891,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 08:54 AM

Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You (2722 Views)

Nigerian Guy Calls Out Lagos Lady That Dumped Him After A N45k Dinner Date / Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / Can You Tell If A Girl Is Going To Get Fat When She Is Older? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2010
@omolola can you date a guy you are five years older than
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Omolola1(f): 6:14pm On Aug 25, 2010
No, i don't think so
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2010
@ omolola that is the point it is sooo wrong
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2010
@inked nerd where are you
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by madlady(f): 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

@madlady there won,t be respect because the lady will not only have the upper hand but also control the relationship

With respect, your a much younger guy than I but, if your talk and behave well I will always show you respect.

A FEW young guys will always receive respect from women of all ages, this is because they know how to handle themselves.

Mothers respect their sons if the behave in a manner that deserves respect, so a wife or gf will respect her other half regardless of his age.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

@ omolola that is the point it is sooo wrong 

You didn't even make a point. You're just agreeing with her. Agreeing with someone is not making a point.

Dafemo:

@inked nerd where are you

I am in Brooklyn, New York [whoop whoop ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ ]
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2010
@madlady so it is okay by you ryt it just like a 15 year old guy dating a 20 year old girl
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by madlady(f): 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2010
^^^Be mature sad,( how can that be right, the 15 year old boy is a CHILD, he is UNDER-AGE.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

@madlady so it is okay by you ryt it just like a 15 year old guy dating a 20 year old girl

This is bad reasoning because your trying to use extremes to get your point across and so far your doing a bad job at it.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2010
okay another example is a 25 year old guy dating a 30 year old woman
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 6:47pm On Aug 25, 2010
@inked nerd stop being a critic
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

@inked nerd stop being a critic

Ummm newsflash, everyone is a critic. Everyone in society judges, its just a matter of whether or not its a good or bad judgment. Are you not critiquing this subject matter? Does that not make you a critic? The whole point of a forum is to discuss various topics and exchange ideas. Perhaps if you had explained yourself properly or given actual valid reasons and explanations then maybe I could agree with you or at least see where you are coming from. As for your 25 year old guy dating a 30 year old woman example, there is still nothing wrong with that. They are both consenting adults.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by madlady(f): 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

okay another example is a 25 year old guy dating a 30 year old woman

I could not but many do, and it works.

I know one 25year old guy (Nigerian) who is far more mature that I, he's a graduate and now holds down a very good job. We all respect him.

It depends on the guy, some guys of 40 can some times behave in a very immature manner so age does not always show the whole picture.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2010
@inked nerd can u date a 30year old if you were 25
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 7:00pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

@inked nerd can u date a 30year old if you were 25

Yes, I can. I have been asked out by older guys before and its not a big deal. I've been asked out by younger guys before and its not a big deal either. As a matter of fact, a handsome Belgium man in his 40's asked me out on a date a few months ago and I didn't think of it as a big deal. As long as you are both consenting adults, there shouldn't be an issue.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2010
@inked nerd you have a great sense of judgement, but if you don,t mind how old are you and can you date a nigerian, no offence
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

@inked nerd you have a great sense of judgement, but if you don,t mind how old are you and can you date a nigerian, no offence

Thank you, I'm 21 yrs old and yes I can date a Nigerian. LOL, why do you ask? Is it because I mentioned the Belgium man?
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2010
no it,s just because you have a good sense of judgement, this is akward but i,m fond of you
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2010
Thank you  grin
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by yme1(f): 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2010
it really depends on the individual
for some they gat no probs with it for others it is a NO
but how many age gap are we talking abt here?
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2010
@y me 5 years
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2010
@ inked nerd thanks
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by yme1(f): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

@y me 5 years
5 years is much but as i said depends on you as a person
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2010
it is to much well i agree with u @y me
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2010
@inked nerd so did you go out with the belgium guy
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2010
No, I didn't. As charming and as handsome as he was, there was just something about that encounter that made me think twice about going out on a date with him. Chai, what a shame. He was so good looking and had a beautiful accent. Oh well, there are other men out there [whether their older or younger]. Can't dwell on it forever  grin
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 7:59pm On Aug 25, 2010
the fact is that it is akward to date someone 19 years older than you
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by IyaBasira: 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

Use the apostrophe ( ' ) and not the comma in words  like the following   -  " don't" ,  "isn't" , etc.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2010
@iya basira thanks
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dafemo:

the fact is that it is akward to date someone 19 years older than you

Ok then, is it still awkward if a man is dating someone younger than him? Initially, you started off this topic with it being ok for a man to date a younger woman and it being wrong for a woman to date a younger man and now you've generalized it by removing genders and just saying "the fact is that it is awkward to date someone 19 years older than you", so please explain.
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by Dafemo(m): 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2010
seriously he is going to die before you 19 years earlier
Re: Is It Right To Date A Lady That Is Older Than You by InkedNerd(f): 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2010
Ummm, you haven't really explained anything. All you said was "seriously he is going to die before you 19 years earlier". What is it that you're trying to say?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Beg For Your Advice / Doctors Or Bankers: Who Flirts Most? / My Birthday!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.