Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,928 members, 7,922,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:36 PM

The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? (1123 Views)

Conquering Marine Spirits. / Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read / The Seven Atrocities Of Pastor E.A .Adeboye. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? by yommyuk: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2010
The seven spirits of God are not specifically identified, so it’s impossible to be dogmatic. Revelation 1:4 mentions that the seven spirits are before God's throne. Revelation 3:1 indicates that Jesus Christ "holds" the seven spirits of God. Revelation 4:5 links the seven spirits of God with seven burning lamps that are before God's throne. Revelation 5:6 identifies the seven spirits with the "seven eyes" of the Lamb and states that they are "sent out into all the earth."

What do u think? opinions pls?
Re: The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? by Tudor6(f): 8:24pm On Aug 29, 2010
I think the Seven spirits of God are the same as the Seven dwarfs of Snow white.
Re: The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? by yommyuk: 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2010
@Tudor

The devil not only inhibits the work of God's people, but he "prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour."
The entire unbelieving world is subject to the power of sin and the devil. As the "god of this world" the devil can blind the mind of the unbelievers.
But as christians we thank God for giving us the ability to stand firm and resist the devil

Sorry for u undecided I beg evaporate jooo sad
Re: The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? by Joagbaje(m): 4:17am On Aug 30, 2010
Seven refers to completeness or fullness. Seven spirits refers to the fulness of the holyghost and his manifestations.There is only one holyghost but his fulness manifests severally.

1. Spirit of lordship
2. Spirit of Wisdom
3. Spirit of Understanding
4. Spirit of counsel
5. Spirit of might
6. Spirit of knowledge
7. Spirit of (reverence) fear of the lord

Isaiah 11:1-2
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
Re: The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? by Tudor6(f): 7:46am On Aug 30, 2010
yommyuk:

@Tudor

The devil not only inhibits the work of God's people, but he "prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour."
The entire unbelieving world is subject to the power of sin and the devil. As the "god of this world" the devil can blind the mind of the unbelievers.
But as christians we thank God for giving us the ability to stand firm and resist the devil

Sorry for u undecided I beg evaporate jooo sad

yey! I'm the devil. . . Wanna see my horns and pitch fork?? Sicko
Re: The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? by yommyuk: 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2010
@Joagbaje

God bless wink
Re: The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? by DeepSight(m): 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2010
May I offer, what may seem to me to be seven things about God. [/i]I do not source these from any religious text, and they might seem like garbage to whomever may so suppose, but just my two cents anyway, and these I will see as what may be [i]seven spirits of God, if, by the word "spirit" we are to understand "essence of the nature of a thing."

GOD IS ONE.

Understood aright, that oneness is really all that is or all that exists eternally.

Oneness connotes a singleness - and this is the root of Love - for Love is a oneness.

The first spirit of God is therefore the spirit of Love.

Oneness is Love. And in love springs singleness - togetherness. This is the root of Harmony.

The second spirit of God which I may discern is therefore the spirit of Harmony.

Harmony presupposes balance. Balance is indicative of Justice.

The third spirit of God I may speak of is thus the Spirit of Justice.

Now we did say that God is one. And oneness is Love. And there is harmony denoted therein.

Harmony strikes a balance and a denotes a pattern. A pattern striving towards oneness is beauty. God is thus beautiful.

The fourth spirit of God I may speak of is thus the Spirit of Beauty.

Now God is infinite or eternal.

Infinity implies endlessness. God thus has endless manifestations.

God's endless manifestations emerge as creations in reality.

The fifth spirit of God I may speak about will thus be the spirit of creation. The Creative will and power.

Thus all things within creation will continuously strive towards the origin: and thus towards oneness, balance, harmony, beauty. . . this is and remains a striving towards - which many worlds are in different stages of achieving. . .

Now we did say that God is infinite - this translates into an endlessness of all the things of God - in a manner of speaking we may therefore say that God is and possesses an endlessness of being - this renders God both sentient and omniscient.

The sixth spirit of God I may speak about is thus the spirit of sentience - that spirit giving consciousness and awareness to all things.

Finally the oneness of God presupposes one thing which should perhaps have been the very first thing I should have mentioned: oneness presupposes truth - indeed oneness is truth. God therefore is the truth.

The seventh spirit of God which I may this speak of is thus the Spirit of Truth.
Re: The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? by vescucci(m): 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2010
I nearly bust a gut when someone said something about the Holy Spirit manifesting in seven ways. That takes me back! The seven manifestations of a manifestation.

Seriously though, I have no idea what the writer of revelation had in mind but all this poetic drama makes me ache.
Re: The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? by MyJoe: 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2010
vescucci:

I nearly bust a gut when someone said something about the Holy Spirit manifesting in seven ways. That takes me back! The seven manifestations of a manifestation.
wink grin
Some words, due to their ontology, manifest and get staggeringly famous around here. I think manifestation just joined the likes of ontology and staggering.
Re: The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 30, 2010
The seven spirits of God refer ton the seven archangels who always stand in the presence of God.There are Micheal,Gabriel,Rapheel,Uriel,JeremielE.T.C
Tobit 12:15

15 (D)I am Raphael, one of the seven angels who stand in the glorious presence of the Lord, ready to serve him.

Rev 8:2

2And I[b] saw the seven angels who stand before God,[/b] and to them were given seven trumpets.
Re: The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? by vescucci(m): 4:12pm On Aug 30, 2010
Hey there, MyJoe. Now they're angels. Arch angels no less.

If I were a Christian teacher, I'd just teach: accept Jesus as your lord and saviour and ignore most everything else. They don't really matter
Re: The Seven Spirits Of God; What Are They? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Will This Beauty-full World Ever End ? / Jesus, The Easter Bunny And Other Delusions: Just Say No / Pastor Defiles Girl In A Church During All Night Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.