Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,028 members, 7,987,677 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:22 PM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (209707 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2012
Sister Callotti, from the bench wey I dey sit, e be like say the love is flowing both ways lol. This seems to be a season of love-hate between a good amount of atheists & christians and as long as they're not breaking the rules there's unfortunately very little sister jesoul can do. It is not every christian & every atheist...it seems to be a small but very vicious amount from both sides that are causing all the racket. Like everything else that has passed thru this section, this season will soon pass.

Brother Goshen,
Seun has been petitioned many times to create a seperate section and frankly while I see some benefit, I do not think it will eliminate the constant fighting & bickering, that is human nature abi? Posters simply have to learn to respect each other.

All that said, I beg una and others to please 'report' or bring to our attention troublemakers both christians & atheists. Mods do not see every thread & insult especially when they run several pages long. The mods will discuss and see if we need to take a harder stance with banning. Thanks!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by seguun(m): 8:06pm On Apr 16, 2012
Hello,
Every time I try to post on a particular topic on this section I have been banned. It started yesterday night. Why is this hapening?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2012
seguun: Hello,
Every time I try to post on a particular topic on this section I have been banned. It started yesterday night. Why is this hapening?
The particular post you're trying to make is being automatically deemed "spam" by the spambot. This deletes the post and automatically bans you for a short time.

I looked at the posts and you have some links in there - I suspect that is what is triggering the spambot. Try posting without including those links and you should be fine. Cheers.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Callotti: 1:12am On Apr 18, 2012
JeSoul: Sister Callotti, from the bench wey I dey sit, e be like say the love is flowing both ways lol. This seems to be a season of love-hate between a good amount of atheists & christians and as long as they're not breaking the rules there's unfortunately very little sister jesoul can do. It is not every christian & every atheist...it seems to be a small but very vicious amount from both sides that are causing all the racket. Like everything else that has passed thru this section, this season will soon pass.

Brother Goshen,
Seun has been petitioned many times to create a seperate section and frankly while I see some benefit, I do not think it will eliminate the constant fighting & bickering, that is human nature abi? Posters simply have to learn to respect each other.

All that said, I beg una and others to please 'report' or bring to our attention troublemakers both christians & atheists. Mods do not see every thread & insult especially when they run several pages long. The mods will discuss and see if we need to take a harder stance with banning. Thanks!

No problem. As long as there is no partiality, when Christians start whining. . . let us continue.
Thank you very much.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2012
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by PastorAIO: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2012
Please Mister and Madame Moderators, I hail you.

I believe that this thread needs to be locked or sent to another section where it will be more relevant. Check it sha, maybe I'm just being over squeamish.

https://www.nairaland.com/916667/christians-gambling/1#10629619
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 11:50pm On Apr 18, 2012
Callotti, no wahala jare. Carry on.
Pastor AIO: Please Mister and Madame Moderators, I hail you.

I believe that this thread needs to be locked or sent to another section where it will be more relevant. Check it sha, maybe I'm just being over squeamish.

https://www.nairaland.com/916667/christians-gambling/1#10629619
PastorAIO, salutations sir. Hope all has been peaches & cream with you. Thanks for the heads up on that thread. Its done.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2012
MMW and JeSoul,

Please, we need you guys to control the level at which some Atheists are DERAILING some Christians thread in this session place. Especially, Logic Mind and logicboy and mkmyers45. I am not in anyway against their freedom to post or contribute BUT many times, they don't contribute towards a christian thread but rather derail our christian discussion EVEN WHEN AN OP SAYS NO ATHEISTS IS NEEDED IN SUCH THREAD. I caught logicboy in his statement to constantly derail Christian thread, here is how I quote him below:
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2012
logicboy: Nothing we can do

haters gonna hate

preachers gonna preach.

Two options;

a) Derail their preaching threads
2) Ignore tei preaching threads

And here is the link he made the statement: https://www.nairaland.com/919883/nairaland-theological-forum-it-forum

Also, kindly DELETE this thread for me. I wanted people to learn yahoo boys from it but someone misunderstood the purpose of the thread. Thanks. This is the link: https://www.nairaland.com/920676/irrevocable-payment-order-via-atm
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by buzugee(m): 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2012
hello JESOUL AND MANMUSTWAC. just tryna find out why i got banned all day yesterday. something i said or just bugs in the system ? i would like to curtail myself if i am offending anyone as that is not the intention. do you give warnings before banning folk or is it instantaneous banning with no warnings ? thanks a bunches and God bless
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2012
buzugee: hello JESOUL AND MANMUSTWAC. just tryna find out why i got banned all day yesterday. something i said or just bugs in the system ? i would like to curtail myself if i am offending anyone as that is not the intention. do you give warnings before banning folk or is it instantaneous banning with no warnings ? thanks a bunches and God bless
Buzugee my dude. How body?

It was the spambot. It automatically tags & deletes posts that it deems to be spam and bans the poster for 1 hr only - and no one is exempt from the vicious bot, even mods get banned sometimes. I checked, and it banned you for an hour, you sure it lasted all day? Cheers.

Goshen, thanks for bringing it to our attention. I will send them cautions - and I will also have to do so to a few christians in the house because the fighting and slinging has been going both ways, but the deliberate derailment of threads is against the rules. I checked your other thread, didn't seem like a biggie but I've locked it. Cheers bro.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by buzugee(m): 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2012
JeSoul: Buzugee my dude. How body?

It was the spambot. It automatically tags & deletes posts that it deems to be spam and bans the poster for 1 hr only - and no one is exempt from the vicious bot, even mods get banned sometimes. I checked, and it banned you for an hour, you sure it lasted all day? Cheers.

Goshen, thanks for bringing it to our attention. I will send them cautions - and I will also have to do so to a few christians in the house because the fighting and slinging has been going both ways, but the deliberate derailment of threads is against the rules. I checked your other thread, didn't seem like a biggie but I've locked it. Cheers bro.
Body dey kampe ooo my sister.Maybe a whole day was an exaggeration on my part. all i know is i got banned yesterday evening and i tried again today and it worked. Thanks for the prompt response. Trust all is well at your end. Nice to know it was the spambot. That spambot owes me a buttwhooping grin grin Cheers JeSoul
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by PastorAIO: 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2012
Menh, I am afraid to touch that my thread about the Wars of Religion, cos as soon as I attempt anything I get banned and the thread gets deleted. What am I to do?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2012
buzugee: Body dey kampe ooo my sister.Maybe a whole day was an exaggeration on my part. all i know is i got banned yesterday evening and i tried again today and it worked. Thanks for the prompt response. Trust all is well at your end. Nice to know it was the spambot. That spambot owes me a buttwhooping grin grin Cheers JeSoul
All is well oh, we thank God. Abeg add my own on top urs while you're whopping the spambot cheesy

Pastor AIO: Menh, I am afraid to touch that my thread about the Wars of Religion, cos as soon as I attempt anything I get banned and the thread gets deleted. What am I to do?
Strange. I untagged it a little while ago but it seems flagged again. Sorry its giving you trouble. I will untag it one more time. I think it may be the broken link at the bottom of the post that's triggering the spambot. I will take it out, try to post again soon so I can watch for if it tries to ban you again so I can refer it to Seun to fix. Thanks.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by buzugee(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2012
JeSoul: All is well oh, we thank God. Abeg add my own on top urs while you're whopping the spambot cheesy

Strange. I untagged it a little while ago but it seems flagged again. Sorry its giving you trouble. I will untag it one more time. I think it may be the broken link at the bottom of the post that's triggering the spambot. I will take it out, try to post again soon so I can watch for if it tries to ban you again so I can refer it to Seun to fix. Thanks.
Will be a pleasure grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by PastorAIO: 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2012
JeSoul:

Thanks
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2012
Hallo, JeSoul.. hope all's well..
I tried inserting a youtube video in a new post. I can't locate the flash button.. need help..
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 1:31pm On Apr 24, 2012
musKeeto: Hallo, JeSoul.. hope all's well..
I tried inserting a youtube video in a new post. I can't locate the flash button.. need help..

musKeeto my brother,

It happened to me too and people sorted it out for me. It is because Admin (Seun) had changed the code. Hence, "Flash" button is NO more needed. When a friend taught me, I laughed at myself in the sense that, technology had moved while I was still standing.lol. This is the same way/thing with us many Christians, God had moved/is moving but we are standing, getting stoked to one method/way,lol grin Just joking bro, but it's the truth.

This is your solution:

1. Go to the YouTube Video of choice
2. Share as you would do with the old style
3. Embed as you would do with the old style or version of Nairaland
4. Select the Viewing size (420x315; 480x360) I "think or assume" Admin ONLY accept any between these two sizes.
5. Activate "Use old embed code"
6. Also activate "Show suggested videos when the video finishes" IF YOU WANT OTHER VIDEO SUGGESTION AFTER YOURS IS DONE
7. All your process (1-6) are not coded in the link in the address bar of your browser.
8. Copy and Paste the link from the address bar and paste in Nairaland as you would do.

It works. Good luck bro.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 2:36pm On Apr 24, 2012
^great job, thanks Goshen! Looks like I can hand over the modding reigns to you and you would do a fantastic job cheesy
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2012
Goshen360:

musKeeto my brother,

It happened to me too and people sorted it out for me. It is because Admin (Seun) had changed the code. Hence, "Flash" button is NO more needed. When a friend taught me, I laughed at myself in the sense that, technology had moved while I was still standing.lol. This is the same way/thing with us many Christians, God had moved/is moving but we are standing, getting stoked to one method/way,lol grin Just joking bro, but it's the truth.

This is your solution:

1. Go to the YouTube Video of choice
2. Share as you would do with the old style
3. Embed as you would do with the old style or version of Nairaland
4. Select the Viewing size (420x315; 480x360) I "think or assume" Admin ONLY accept any between these two sizes.
5. Activate "Use old embed code"
6. Also activate "Show suggested videos when the video finishes" IF YOU WANT OTHER VIDEO SUGGESTION AFTER YOURS IS DONE
7. All your process (1-6) are not coded in the link in the address bar of your browser.
8. Copy and Paste the link from the address bar and paste in Nairaland as you would do.

It works. Good luck bro.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc-EdW1amwg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc-EdW1amwg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Thank you very much. I made a tutorial pic just in case anyone else needs it...

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2012
Ok.. no idea why the video's showing twice..
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2012
JeSoul: ^great job, thanks Goshen! Looks like I can hand over the modding reigns shocked grin to you and you would do a fantastic job cheesy

grin grin grin Freely I have received, Freely I will give OR Freely I gave,lolz. You're welcome my honourable Moderator. I don't know of others o but you and MMW are the best. No controversy!

@ musKeeto,

The video appeared twice? That's just a tutorial. Follow the steps and your "own" video won't appear twice unless you post twice. How una dey?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 7:06pm On Apr 24, 2012
@Goshen, smiley kiss

musKeeto: Ok.. no idea why the video's showing twice..
I'm 100% sure its not your mistake. NL2 has this very annoying glitch that duplicates the entire post within the post when you try to quote, insert smilies, alter fonts etc...making it show up twice when you post your comment. The admin has promised a fix at some point.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
Hmm... sad una no even comment for my pic tutorial angry
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
^
Oga musKeeto,

What is your kweshun on pic? I can't see it o. Maybe I fit help you.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2012
musKeeto: Hmm... sad una no even comment for my pic tutorial angry
Aww sweerie no vex dear, it was a slip of the mind. You try no be small, abeg take this small gif as thank you present cheesy
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^
tHANK YOU, thank you very much cheesy

@Goshen: I suspect you're on mobile, try viewing the thread on your pc... you'll see the picture.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 10:18pm On Apr 24, 2012
^
Am on PC right now. I see a pic attached by JeSoul. Is that the pic you are talking about? It's very lovely....it says, You're The Best ***with some shining stars and cross*** and a coloured image background....cooolest.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
No not that... the one on my earlier post.. after you taught me how to embed youtube videos.. i made a graphical tutorial cheesy
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2012
^
Hehehehehehe. Great. I saw it but omitted it. I thought it was a reply from JeSoul. Obviously, I didnt pay attention to your name, I just assumed. Am very sowie. But you know say na same job me and you dey do, computer. I caught you right there. "Print to capture YouTube Video + PowerPoint to label",lolz. Yes or No? grin grin grin BUT the coded link you are suppose to copy is the "short" one IN THE ADDRESS BAR, NOT THAT LONG ONE. Though that long one works too but I rather copy from the address bar because the one from the address bar is a shorted version of the one the that box. Try it out.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tpia5: 6:12am On Apr 26, 2012
i'd like something done about this thread- i've reported the offender already.

https://www.nairaland.com/813166/sex-christian-rated-g-not

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (296)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.