Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,296 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:15 AM

What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? (40663 Views)

Sunday Kayode: Maths Should Be Taught In Nigerian Languages / 11 Brand New Courses To Be Taught In South African Universities / List Of School That Have Released Post UTME Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Talknochip(m): 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
mekyno777:

pls do u knw the diff btw an Engineer, a craftman and a road-side repairer??
Pls can u define/describe an Engineer for me?
Tnx
ENGINEERS are generally practioners of Engineering. They are professionals who invents,design,analyze,build and test machines etc... CRAFTMEN are people who practice or are highly skilled in a craft.They are also called Artisans. Artisans; Tailors, Blacksmith,Carpenters,Shoemakers etc..They are skillful with their hands. ROAD SIDE REPAIRERS are people who are involve in solving Small and Minor repairs.

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Ayobami7(m): 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2019
好的
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2019
uckennety:

I don't need to reply you cuz it obvious you don't know what about people's plight in this country!

How did I know this?

When you wrote this

Whereas he got a job before going for his masters, a job that provided traveling fee, feeding and rentallowance abroad, visa etc.

Please bye before I transfer my anger to you
LOL, anger kee you there. So, what are doing for living?
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by velmajdennis: 2:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
Schoolchildren often use online games to make money. They play on such platforms https://esportzbet.com/league-of-legends-betting-sites. These sites allow you to win money. A person should be able to analyze the team, know the principles of the game. You can become part of a large community of cyber sportsmen. I'm sure you will like it.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ExplicitSuccess: 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
So, how do you raise your GPA in just one semester when you have just received the news that your overall CGPA is still crawling like a snail. I will let you know the quick things you should do.

Today, I’ll tell you how to ‘up your academic game‘, boost your grades and quite possibly, hit that elusive First Class cadre.
https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-raise-your-gpa-in-one-semester/
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by uckennety(m): 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
Nurrex:
LOL, anger kee you there. So, what are doing for living?

Am a farmer, a trader
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
uckennety:

Am a farmer, a trader
nice one bro, hardwork pays. Not everyone must work for the Government. Just cling to hope, have faith in God and be very prayerful. Hope you are not an Atheist.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by uckennety(m): 2:40pm On Mar 06, 2019
Nurrex:
nice one bro, hardwork pays. Not everyone must work for the Government. Just cling to hope, have faith in God and be very prayerful. Hope you are not an Atheist.

Things in my life v made me doubt if there is God

But u know there is God

He will answer me
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by mekyno777(m): 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2019
Talknochip:
ENGINEERS are generally practioners of Engineering. They are professionals who invents,design,analyze,build and test machines etc... CRAFTMEN are people who practice or are highly skilled in a craft.They are also called Artisans. Artisans; Tailors, Blacksmith,Carpenters,Shoemakers etc..They are skillful with their hands. ROAD SIDE REPAIRERS are people who are involve in solving Small and Minor repairs.
Nice!......#clapping4you.
Flesh and blood did not reveal dis to u, google did......lol.
So pls now u knw who an Engineer is, not anyone that claims to be one.
In an organise country, craftmen (wit SSCE) have certification body to give them permission to practice (dey do get it frm GTC...Tradesmen).
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Talknochip(m): 3:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
mekyno777:

Nice!......#clapping4you.
Flesh and blood did not reveal dis to u, google did......lol.
So pls now u knw who an Engineer is, not anyone that claims to be one.
In an organise country, craftmen (wit SSCE) have certification body to give them permission to practice (dey do get it frm GTC...Tradesmen).
Lol..Ok

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Fourwinds: 3:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
[quote author=Henrodah post=76393510][/quote] grin grin grin
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by cutegentility(m): 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2019
lordbeans:

Oh I know it is not perfectly spherical (it is wider at the bottom than it is at the top), but saying it is spherical is a good approximation. So I would argue it is somewhat correct.

As for Venus being the hottest planet albeit not the closest to the sun, I think that is only true when we talk about average temperature. This means that Mercury has a higher peak temperature than Venus, but also has lower temperature than Venus, due to Mecury's vanishingly small atmosphere as against the thick atmosphere found in Venus: the greenhouse effect ultimately increases the temperature. Hence, while it is true that on the average Venus is the hottest planet in our solar system, Mercury records the highest temperature.

Thanks cutegentility for your response.

You are welcome Sir
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
uckennety:

Things in my life v made me doubt if there is God

But u know there is God

He will answer me
Don't doubt his existence, just draw closer to him, don't fail the worldly tests by doing against what he want. I wish you the best
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by uckennety(m): 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
Nurrex:
Don't doubt his existence, just draw closer to him, don't fail the worldly tests by doing against what he want. I wish you the best

Bro I gbadu toto
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Henrodah:

Wow Iwo Jima was something else , preceeded by battle of pelielu, pavuvu . Guadalcanal . But what about Rommel ( the desert fox) versus Montgomery ? And who was your favorite commander thru out the war? Mine was General Zhukov.

I love zhukov , rokkosovy , Omar Bradley and von mastein
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 7:45pm On Mar 06, 2019
Nurrex:
so, those people stealing pant, are stealing for due to their wives of mother's lack of pant, and those yahoo boys and politicians you said kills people, the kill to fill their pot with meat or to do meatpie. And those people harvesting human breast, they are doing it to breast feed motherless babies and those people harvesting penis, just to use it to impregnate their wives isn't it. Alright.
Those people are doing it bcus a babalawo told them to do.
Something that their videos is on youtube, confessing how they use them for ritual before people kill them, if you are a Yoruba, you can ask for ajale and soka from in film shops, and listen to the confession yourself. The last thing you will tell me is that all of them were lying, they used the human parts for kilishi and suya.
Most people are being forced to say what they are not. I strongly believed that the little girl in my compound u confessed that she is a witch did that underpressure. A certain MOG prophesy that the girl was a witch and that he can healed her..

Confessions are fake some to draw public attentions some to get money from the gullible ones.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Those people are doing it bcus a babalawo told them to do.
Most people are being forced to say what they are not. I strongly believed that the little girl in my compound u confessed that she is a witch did that underpressure. A certain MOG prophesy that the girl was a witch and that he can healed her..

Confessions are fake some to draw public attentions some to get money from the gullible ones.
so, where did the Baba get the money he is giving them, or you think they kill just because Baba said h
They should, and they gain nothing.

As for the girl, she might be fake. But, you know there are spiritual power, u know but kept deceiving yourself. Though, even if you are a victim, you won't still believe, that's the might of shaytan for you, even if you see where someone is changed to money, u won't still believe. That's the power of shaytan for you. But, when you die, you shall see it yourself and regret, bite your finger, then, no going back, hell fire is eternal. Bro, just live your atheist life, you won't be the only one in Hell though, let me leave a theist life, I cling on my believes at all time, Allah is my creator, with what I've seen, I believe there are supreme beings created by Allah, witches, wizards, angels, devils, spirit, ghost etc. I'm glad I'm an African. I'm glad to be a theist, I'm blessed to be a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2019
Nurrex:
so, where did the Baba get the money he is giving them, or you think they kill just because Baba said h They should, and they gain nothing.
Babalawos dont give money rather they take money. What they give them are charms and lie to them that the charms will give them money.

Now my questn is, if turly those charms work and bring money, why do are politicians steal our money? Why do yahoo boys carry laptops to brianwash the whites and scam them of their dollars?

If jaz really works, they (yahoo boys & politicains) should stay at their homes fold their hands and let the money rain on them. They shouldn't use laptops to scam and shouldnt steal Nigeria money.

As for the girl, she might be fake. But, you know there are spiritual power, u know but kept deceiving yourself.
why will I lie? For what benefit? I havnt seen any proof of such and until then.

Though, even if you are a victim, you won't still believe, that's the might of shaytan for you, even if you see where someone is changed to money, u won't still believe.
if I see I will believe. Until then
That's the power of shaytan for you. But, when you die, you shall see it yourself and regret, bite your finger, then, no going back, hell fire is eternal. Bro, just live your atheist life, you won't be the only one in Hell though, let me leave a theist life, I cling on my believes at all time, Allah is my creator, with what I've seen, I believe there are supreme beings created by Allah, witches, wizards, angels, devils, spirit, ghost etc.
so allah created all these? Allah is very wicked .
I'm glad I'm an African. I'm glad to be a theist, I'm blessed to be a Muslim.
Assalamu alaykum
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Billionaire09: 11:00pm On Mar 06, 2019
Organs:

If you had listened to your teacher then, you would not be a slave to Nnamdi Kanu and his lies today. By the way, he is somewhere smiling and spending the money he made from enslaving you while you are on NL complaining suffering and smiling.!!

God bless IPOB.

God bless Biafra

God bless Lord Mazi Nnamdi Prince Kanu.

Saboteurs go and die in the name of Chukwu Okike Abiama.

Every enemies of Biafra must perish sooner or later. Nigerians will perish.

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 2:13am On Mar 07, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Babalawos dont give money rather they take money. What they give them are charms and lie to them that the charms will give them money.

Now my questn is, if turly those charms work and bring money, why do are politicians steal our money? Why do yahoo boys carry laptops to brianwash the whites and scam them of their dollars?

If jaz really works, they (yahoo boys & politicains) should stay at their homes fold their hands and let the money rain on them. They shouldn't use laptops to scam and shouldnt steal Nigeria money.
why will I lie? For what benefit? I havnt seen any proof of such and until then.if I see I will believe. Until then so allah created all these? Allah is very wicked .Assalamu alaykum
just cling on your believes bro, what shaytan did to you is enough of an evidence. Just because God created human being, and some of them become terrorist or he gave power to spirit, and some of the use it for bad, that means God is bad for creating them and us. Alright, just live your life bro. I'm done with you

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 4:14am On Mar 07, 2019
Henrodah:

Wow Iwo Jima was something else , preceeded by battle of pelielu, pavuvu . Guadalcanal . But what about Rommel ( the desert fox) versus Montgomery ? And who was your favorite commander thru out the war? Mine was General Zhukov.

i love Zhukov, rokossovsky,chuikov,Omar Bradley and von mastein
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Henrodah(m): 7:52am On Mar 07, 2019
omohz:

i love Zhukov, rokossovsky,chuikov,Omar Bradley and von mastein
My oh My you are really a WW2 historian .
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by masseratti: 8:39am On Mar 07, 2019
gregyboy:

Tigers are stronger than lions get your fact right
oga stop quoting every bullshit u see on the internet, there are records of their fights even you tube clips go and watch it and save yourself from ignorance.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ADROIT97kid(m): 9:43am On Mar 07, 2019
chigodo:
My teacher said youths are leaders of tomorrow. A big lie.
iro lasan

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 07, 2019
Henrodah:
My oh My you are really a WW2 historian .

thanks bro, been an avid ww2 reader since when i learnt how to read.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Henrodah(m): 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2019
omohz:

thanks bro, been an avid ww2 reader since when i learnt how to read.

Funny enough it was an article I read on Awake(Jehovah witness journal) that started my suspicion and interest in it. You attended AAU??
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 07, 2019
Henrodah:

Funny enough it was an article I read on Awake(Jehovah witness journal) that started my suspicion and interest in it. You attended AAU??
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Evangkatsoulis: 12:18am On Mar 08, 2019
bezimo:
That beans is protein..not knowing it more of Carbs than protein

Not true.
We were taught that beans is a MAJOR source of protein.. Not protein itself.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 08, 2019
Henrodah:

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Henrodah(m): 1:08pm On Mar 08, 2019
omohz:

Yeah, engineering student

Wow! Graduated there in 2013 Computer Science.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:26pm On Mar 08, 2019
Henrodah:

Let's form a thread for ww2 readers! What do you think?

Seconded
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
hmmmmm ,this is so sad, because it will never get any better

Hey? Easy girl.. You can never say never!
Rome was not built in a day.
1776 and 1960 na big difference. We shall get there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Students And Hilarious Exam Answers / Why I Failed WAEC (hilarious Photo) / 35 Candidates Miss UNILORIN Post-utme Over Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.