Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,752 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:54 AM

Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ (26783 Views)

Ios 14 First Take: Apple Launches A New Iphone Home Screen, Siri, Widgets, Pictu / Can Apple's Siri Understand Nigerian Pidgin? / Google Assistant VS Apple Siri: What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:22am On Mar 12, 2019
Aragbiji:

You people have started again with your shitty talk .
Why are you non-Apple users always carry Apple matter for head like gala ?
Why so much insecurity?
I’ve been switching iPhones since 2015 ,and I’ve always been verbally tracked by android fanboys even when I never raised any conversation with them .
Even someone I barely know was verbally attacking me at a cafe the other day because I use an iPhone .
Wtf is wrong with you people for heavens sake !
Abah !
He shared his opinion...
Nothing wrong with that, even popular tech reviewers say such...
As for those who are critical of your choice, forget about them...

1 Like

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by anochuko01(m): 7:36am On Mar 12, 2019
my love for this AI ehn!! i cant wait to buy a better phone and burn my data talking with google assistant. lol
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by khalhokage(m): 7:57am On Mar 12, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Siri vs Alexa vs bixby vs Google Assistant
Which is the best in your opinion...
Haba, remove Google assistant from the comparison, e no get mate let the others compete with themselves.

You can view some YouTube videos based on this comparison.

1 Like

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by TechCapon(m): 8:55am On Mar 12, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Alexa is the best although I've not used it. Siri is not as powerful as it used to be. Ever since Apple bought it, they removed most of the best features. Google assistant is even better than Siri. I'll write a blog review about 4 of them. Bixby is just upcoming.
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Topmaike007(m): 9:46am On Mar 12, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

contana does it better
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:48am On Mar 12, 2019
Topmaike007:
contana does it better
Yeah, I forgot cortana...
Thanks!!
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by kajole(m): 10:04am On Mar 12, 2019
Come unwind this summer

Cruising 4 countries with 1 cost

US/MEXICO/BAHAMAS/HONDURAS

We would assist with your visa process

So you don’t have a reason to worry
First come, First Serve

Limited Space, Book now

------------------------------------------

Let’s go witness the Great Migration In Kenya this summer

A Safari experience brought to your doorstep

Pack your bags, Book your safari package and let’s give you an experience of a life time

First come, First Serve

Limited Space, Book now

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by yuanexchanger: 10:06am On Mar 12, 2019
hmmm okay oo.Everything must make news.Check my siggy for your rmb
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by JubrinElSudan: 10:06am On Mar 12, 2019
kushercain:
The same Siri that blackmailed granddad into almost marrying her
llol

Look at my man, Rev. Uncle Rukus, no relation grin

3 Likes

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by dante0147: 10:07am On Mar 12, 2019
Android users are the ones that would come up here and just be abusing people up and down
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Teeboi56: 10:08am On Mar 12, 2019
iii
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by chemberlin(m): 10:11am On Mar 12, 2019
Good for Apple..meanwhile, check my signature
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by ollah2: 10:11am On Mar 12, 2019
TechCapon:
of course everyone knows that. Apple has no real advantage over Android. The security they were boasting about was hacked by a 14 year old teenager not too long ago. The FaceTime saga

Apple is a company while Android is an operating system. You should know how to put these words together, some novices read these articles and learn from there. Dont make them learn wrong things and don't forget you said you are a tech capon. Compare Apple with Android OEMS, compare iOS with Android and compare iPhone with Android devices.

6 Likes

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Ronin06(m): 10:12am On Mar 12, 2019
No be lie bro, na you be ultimate person here today for this
kushercain:
The same Siri that blackmailed granddad into almost marrying her

2 Likes

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Predstan: 10:15am On Mar 12, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

I can tell its Bixby.... Bixby can do anything that ur phone is meant for. I mean everything
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by jeff1607(m): 10:15am On Mar 12, 2019
segun arinze comes to mind
grab your copy now!!!!!!
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Predstan: 10:16am On Mar 12, 2019
TechCapon:
Alexa is the best although I've not used it. Siri is not as powerful as it used to be. Ever since Apple bought it, they removed most of the best features. Google assistant is even better than Siri. I'll write a blog review about 4 of them. Bixby is just upcoming.

Have u used Bixby beore?
I use apple before switching to S9 and I can tell you Bixby can do virtually anything that your phone is meant for
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by sonature1: 10:17am On Mar 12, 2019
OkunrinOloro:
Bros, Apple are just fraudsters and conmen and I'm not ready to step into their trap. To this day nobody has been able to convince me of one genuine advantage which Apple has over Android.
They are both on the same level technologically speaking, but Apple is overpriced in order to make gullible consumers feel that they are paying for a superior product.

You must understand that certain products are designed for certain class of people. Yes, iPhones are overpriced but they are certainly not meant for everyone.

It's just like asking why you should buy a D&G shirt for $5k when you can actually buy a similar shirt for $20

Also, iPhone tends to send the message that its users are comfortable and tech-savvy

1 Like

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Tupacc: 10:22am On Mar 12, 2019
questechie:
Isn't it uncanny that Apple would use someones voice in an AI platform without actually informing the person

Could there be other dark and mysterious dealings with Apple, yet unknown. undecided

No, they’re just secretive I guess.
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Topmaike007(m): 10:25am On Mar 12, 2019
TechCapon:
what about contana?
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:26am On Mar 12, 2019
TechCapon:
nothing mysterious. It's just Steve Jobs philosophy to be very secretive
"Secretive" or they simply don't want to be charged more money by getting them aware of the magnitude of such a project

1 Like

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by VULCAN(m): 10:26am On Mar 12, 2019
I think someone needs to break down the story to you.

She was hired to record her voice. Obviously in a studio. That was all. That is not the same thing as being employed as staff.

And just so you know even if someone is your staff in the West, You can't use their voice like this without written permission.

It's not nyja

Aragbiji:

You didn’t read the part of the post that said she was employed by Apple in 2005?

1 Like

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by gonkin(m): 10:28am On Mar 12, 2019
I have eaten jellybean, kitkat, lollipop, marshmallow, nougat. Almost done with oreo aiming for pie. I chewed on apple twice and i got tired of it. But we gotta give apple some credit they tried only problem is its got too many features locked out but their GUI is very attractive and clean.

Any android device I make use of i always theme to look like the ios but omo na android easy pass. It's like a pc in my pocket, plus it's generic and doesn't have much restrictions

1 Like

Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Tupacc: 10:31am On Mar 12, 2019
OkunrinOloro:
Bros, Apple are just fraudsters and conmen and I'm not ready to step into their trap. To this day nobody has been able to convince me of one genuine advantage which Apple has over Android.
They are both on the same level technologically speaking, but Apple is overpriced in order to make gullible consumers feel that they are paying for a superior product.

No one will convince you bro... Apple nah the best!
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by keryj(f): 10:34am On Mar 12, 2019
Aragbiji:

You people have started again with your shitty talk .
Why are you non-Apple users always carry Apple matter for head like gala ?
Why so much insecurity?
I’ve been switching iPhones since 2015 ,and I’ve always been verbally tracked by android fanboys even when I never raised any conversation with them .
Even someone I barely know was verbally attacking me at a cafe the other day because I use an iPhone .
Wtf is wrong with you people for heavens sake !
Abah !

You didn't spell it well, instead or Abah, it is ABA grin
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by TechCapon(m): 10:40am On Mar 12, 2019
Predstan:

Have u used Bixby beore?
I use apple before switching to S9 and I can tell you Bixby can do virtually anything that your phone is meant for
I know bixby is very good but not as popular as the others which is quite surprising considering the fact that Samsung is the world's biggest smartphone brand
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by ollah2: 10:47am On Mar 12, 2019
TechCapon:

Alexa is the best for home devices like smart speakers, smart displays, Philip hue bulbs. Google assistant is still king for phone tho
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Predstan: 10:51am On Mar 12, 2019
TechCapon:
I know bixby is very good but not as popular as the others which is quite surprising considering the fact that Samsung is the world's biggest smartphone brand

Yeah. Bixby is new and not as popular as siri or google assistant. But I can tell u its more powerful than the others.
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by Predstan: 10:53am On Mar 12, 2019
ollah2:

Alexa is the best for home devices like smart speakers, smart displays, Philip hue bulbs. Google assistant is still king for phone tho

Try Bixby. Watch Bixby and Google assistant comparison on YouTube
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by TechCapon(m): 10:54am On Mar 12, 2019
ollah2:

exactly
Re: Meet Susan Bennett, The Woman Behind The ‘voice Of Siri’ by CoolJul: 11:17am On Mar 12, 2019
ok, I donno what's happening here lemme pass.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features / The Real Reason Why Your Phone Doesn't Support Efootball / Call, Data Costs To Double As FG Invokes New Telecom Tax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.