Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,679 members, 7,882,306 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:20 PM

An Insight On Cover Letters - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / An Insight On Cover Letters (1080 Views)

Police Recruitment: Arase Gives Insight On Recruitment Process / CONRAISS Salary Sturcture-an Insight / Having Problems Writing Cover Letters? Then Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Insight On Cover Letters by Chifield: 9:39am On Apr 26, 2007
Hi Guys,

I'm actually new on this forum and I'm really impressed with what's going on here.It's impressive to see how youths are working towards the development of their fellow youths.

Anyway does anyone in the house have an idea of what an ideal cover letter looks like.
Re: An Insight On Cover Letters by egunbukkie(f): 11:57am On Apr 30, 2007
yes i know about cover letter

what do you want to know?
Re: An Insight On Cover Letters by Chifield: 12:24pm On Apr 30, 2007
Hi,

I would like to know what should really be included in a cover letter,and how long it should be.
Re: An Insight On Cover Letters by ayorex(m): 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2007
A cover leter (sometimes called "introduction letter"wink is the first thing a potential employer will see when going through your application. It is your fist chance to make a good impression. when you are conducting a job search, an effective cover letter with your resume leaves positive impression with an employer, this distinguish you from other candidates.

A cover letter should be in a page;
* It should introduce you to your prospective employer
* Tell the employer the position you are applying for
* Prompt the employer to contact you for an interview
* Tell the employer why you are the best available

SAMPLE

Dear Sir,

I am Lagbaja Dibia, a graduate of computer science department, Nairaland University, Ibadan, Lagos State.
I wish to apply for the post of a web application developer in your organisation.
I have attached a copy of my resume. Should my qualification interest you, I am ready to attend an interview with you at your earliset convenience.

Kind Regards,

Lagbaja Dibia

Advise
Let your cover leter refer the employer to your CV/Resume. Your age and other biodata are in your resume.
Check before sending to avoid spelling error.

See you at the board room later in the future.
Re: An Insight On Cover Letters by Chifield: 12:52pm On Apr 30, 2007
Hi,
Thanks alot for the insight.Are U online? Pls, does career highlight have anything to do with your work experience?
Re: An Insight On Cover Letters by ayorex(m): 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2007
Career Highlight is like your work experience.

(1) (Reply)

Diamond Bank: Urgent Pls / Urgent, Shell Technician Trainee / Greatest Ife!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.