Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,556 members, 7,881,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:28 AM

The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience (11751 Views)

I Saw Police Men And Women Collecting Results Sheets From Ad-hoc Staffs / Nigerians Angry Over The Treatment Of Corpers As INEC Ad-hoc Staff (videos, Pix) / INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by SeunSister: 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience

Subsequent to call for application by INEC with regards to Ad-hoc staffs needed for both the Presidential/NASS and Governorship/State House Of Assembly elections, I declined to apply as an eligible undergraduate after careful thoughts of the attributes usually associated with Nigeria's election especially the rate of violence usually recorded.

But that isn't the topic to discuss here. I opened this thread to share the shameful and painful experience of the INEC Ad-hoc staffs, who were in charged of the electoral process in my polling unit in particular.

It all started barely some hours into the commencement of the PU Governorship/State House Of Assembly elections. Some youths of the community started "roaring" all over the place but this action can be said to be a peaceful one as it is usually known to be the behavior of those youths in particular just to garner some amounts into their pulse.

Threatened by this incident, the senior Ad-hoc staff, who I believe should be known as the "Senior Presiding Officer" made a call to an unknown person, who I believe, should be their overall leader, complaining about the incident at hand and the lack of policemen/security men to curtail it. This, of course, angered party agents, who revolted that he shouldn't have made such calls since the youth will not eventually cause any violent afterall.

Shortly afterwards, a team of armed soldiers (3 male and a female) arrived the polling unit in their hilux van, drove party agents outside and suddenly, started flogging everyone. Shockingly, this inhumane treatment was also being melted out on the INEC Ad-hoc staffs (comprising of undergraduates, corpers and even already employed graduates).

I was shocked to the bones. Like how can a secondary school leaver(who got recruited into the army) be flogging undergraduates, graduates and corpers. It was just like a primary school pupil flogging an SS3/secondary school graduate.

As an undergraduate, it was all a depiction of how valueless, acquiring higher education is in Nigeria. Let's even forget their status as academia and ask ourselves, if such degrading treatment is proper to be melted on individuals, who are using their intellectual ability to perform one of the most important duty in any civilized society?.

You won't really understand this my write - up as I still do lack words to describe the scenario but, you need to see the tension, this guys were working with. Even, during the collation process, the corper was crying as any slightest mistakes in the process attracts some lashes from the koboko wielding soldiers, who have compelled everybody to become something else. Even the party agents were vibrating to avoid being flogged. You need to see fathers being flogged like children with every slightest provocation e.g your phone rang out loud when collation was ongoing.

Though I must also commend the soldiers whose presence ensured everyone voted and everything was rounded up before 9pm unlike in the presidential, where the process almost led to the next day with low voting records, I must also admit that they are too disrespectful.

I could only imagine myself being in that position at that point in time, sensing that it wouldn't have been funny as I would have walk out on them to carry out the election duty themselves. I would have also enroll in the army officership cadre and make sure every recruit under my command smells hell.

I want to commend the Ad-hoc staffs for bringing themselves down to serve our country despite the humiliation. I believe they may see this post (i.e If they are Nairalanders) and recall the experiences. Just wanted to tell my fellow Nigerians, some of the unbelievable stuffs I noticed in the last Governorship / State House of Assembly Elections.

Pardon my wrong use of Grammar and spellings. I am not perfect.

7 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Kingspin(m): 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2019
They say charity begins at home.

But Yakubu is trying to rig Bauchi

The man doesn't care about legacy. Is a parental shame

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Officialgarri: 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2019
.Pardon my wrong use of Grammar and spellings. I am not perfect.
apology accepted grin

You see how this incident was narrated with sincerity and honesty .

Leave this news to nairaland bloggers and they won't forget to add " APC thugs in army uniform" .

What kind of bias journalism is that ?

Journalism of the pigs , by the pigs and for the pigs .

I'll also like to use this medium to thank the soldiers who took their time to ensure that democracy was practiced swiftly and lawfully.

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by emirsky(m): 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2019
Sorry
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by HAROLDWILSON: 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2019
Ok
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Papixhango77: 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2019
First to comment
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Groovenaija360(m): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
cheesy
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Chidex50(m): 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
Hmmm
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Wizygreat12: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
There is not like bitter their... Buhari is full of inconclusive in his life that is all

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by babygang5: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
this incident is inevitable, i was in ita alasa in ogbomoso for registration and i saw alot by this politicians, but i scaled through sha...
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by chloride6: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
Why cant an SSCE holder flog an undergraduate?

undecided undecided undecided

If the situation arises, the army needs to step in , although in this case they were just plain mad.

Sorry for the harrowing experience.
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by viktor88: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
I'm a youth corper but working for INEC during this election is the worst decision I made during this service year, the stress was too much and I was almost beaten by frustrated voters.

INEC even lied about the payments

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by slawomir: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
Okay

Its all good

I was an ad-hoc staff in Edo state.

Initially I was not willing to succumb to the pressure from APC party agent to rigg the election
But it was later i was shocked when i realized that PDP and ADP party agent have been compromised to rigg for APC and they were willing to do it. The police have been compromised also

So in order not put my life at risk i quickly accepted

As an Apo 2
I have the power to riggg. I just tick the electronic register and i told my apo1 to ignore smart card reader. So my my apo(VP) which is same as po was to give them the ballot paper
If there is any discrepancies later
We will write a letter lying that at some point the card reader failed to read the pvc so we used electronic register and attach it to our results

So i learnt in this election that Nigerians actually don't hate corruption but they hate the fact that they are not the one carrying out the corruption

24 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Prodigytal: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
Every single Nigerian, rich and poor deserve to be flogged

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by tayo4ng(m): 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
Seriously serious, me I can't die for any politician
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by DMerciful(m): 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
INEC is moving in circles!

1 Like

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by BusinessHub1: 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
Lol...you sound as you just “landed”. Brother that is how we operate in the country now. No such thing as human right abuse at the moment. I repeat, none!

3 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Baawaa(m): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
This don't happened in S/W,is because your people are behaving like thugs
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
I participated in the 2015 election and inec paid immediately... So much for d change.

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
but inec have refused to pay me

4 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by seanswitch(m): 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2019
Rubbish election. I paid for my peace of mind. I called my sister, asked her how much INEC was gonna pay. I transferred the cash to her. Case closed. Stay at your PPA, bolt your doors and follow election palava on twitter.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Xisnin(m): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
That is what you get when you combine a useless INEC and dumb soldiers.

1 Like

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by slivertongue: 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2019
INEC IS A FRAUD

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Anthonman(m): 3:45pm On Mar 12, 2019
a very big pitty to those staff that were flogged

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by oboy81: 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I participated in the 2015 election and inec paid immediately... So much for d change.
This Your Kunu Dey Hungry me to suck oh cry
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by UKBobo(m): 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
OP.... implicitly you are saying that soldiers should only flog poor people!

That is what I call book curse. Where ppl feel education somehow elevates them above illiterate ppl.
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Jason007: 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2019
What would you expect a perfect election, over years of decay, it ain't rocket science. garbage in garbage out

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2019
No matter how much them pay, You flog, I drop ur shitty job & leave,
Even if I no be graduate them no born you well to treat me like that

1 Like

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by SirLakes: 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps Deputy Speaker Makes 11 Appointments [full List] / Elisha Abbo Scandal: Amnesty International Calls On Police To Investigate / Abia Governorship: Igbokwe Sues PDP, INEC, Asks Court To Nullify Ahiwe Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.