Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,678 members, 7,968,982 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:14 PM

The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience (11812 Views)

I Saw Police Men And Women Collecting Results Sheets From Ad-hoc Staffs / Nigerians Angry Over The Treatment Of Corpers As INEC Ad-hoc Staff (videos, Pix) / INEC Ad-hoc Staff, Corpers Sleeping Outside Its Premises (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by safarigirl(f): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
You were harping more on their educational qualifications, than the fact that they are civilians- which is the most inportant fact

You also seem to carry this belief that soldiers are mere SSCE holders who shouldn't hold any power over the 'academia'

It was hard to see past these flaws in your write-up, because it took something away, it took away sympathy for the corpers.

First of all, what makes you think these soldiers were mere SSCE holders and what makes you think a BSC holder in this shithole is better than an SSCE holder or should be seen as better by society? Is it not the same BSc graduates and corpers that plague us with such horrendous grammar as "Thank God I have passed away"?

Second of all, was anyone held at gunpoint? So, none of these educated academia could stand up and say "I no do again, do what you wish with your election"? Is it that they value this country so much? That surely cannot be it, there are no patriots in Nigeria, just people stuck in a shithole. Was it the pay? Have they even been paid?

I would think someone with such a high level of education would have enough self respect and dignity to know when to stop an assault on their person, irrespective of who is wielding the whip, no pun intended.

Thirdly, various times in this country, it has been established that the military and para-military arms of government are not particularly mentally stable, and knowing that, one ought to be prepared in a shithole.

We all live in a failed state. There is no law and order in a failed state. There is no respect for degrees or academic qualifications in a failed state. There is only respect for power, and as GOT has taught us, power is power.

As long as the people are docile, let everyone stop bitching and take what they get. Welcome to your Animal Farm.

5 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by senatordave1(m): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
slawomir:
Okay

Its all good

I was an ad-hoc staff in Edo state.

Initially I was not willing to succumb to the pressure from APC party agent to rigg the election
But it was later i was shocked when i realized that PDP and ADP party agent have been compromised to rigg for APC and they were willing to do it. The police have been compromised also

So in order not put my life at risk i quickly accepted

As an Apo 2
I have the power to riggg. I just tick the electronic register and i told my apo1 to ignore smart card reader.
If there is any discrepancies later
We will write a letter and sign it.

So i learnt in this election that Nigerians actually don't hate corruption but they hate the fact that they are not the one carrying out the corruption
Guy,you are over correct.thats why most of us will resist any incorruptible leader like buhari.
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by senatordave1(m): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
slawomir:
Okay

Its all good

Initially I was not willing to succumb to the pressure from APC party agent to rigg the election
But it was later i was shocked when i realized that PDP and ADP party agent have been compromised to rigg for APC and they were willing to do it. The police have been compromised also

As an Apo 2
I have the power to riggg. I just tick the electronic register and i told my apo1 to ignore smart card reader.

So i learnt in this election that Nigerians actually don't hate corruption but they hate the fact that they are not the one carrying out the corruption
Guy,you are over correct.thats why most of us will resist any incorruptible leader like buhari....
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Chanchit: 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
Like safarigirl said, the Op knows little or nothing about being an adhoc staff. I also worked as an adhoc staff. During the training, we were told that our life is the most important thing we should guide in case of emergency. So for the issue of army flogging people, they won't try that sht with me, I will walk away.
And for the educational qualification, believe me, those corpers are worse. They know nothing, and they are just not willing to learn, I worked as an adhoc staff in 2015, this corpers are doing it for the first time and they are just too proud. I really show that presiding officer(corper) pepper, she didn't show up for the governorship election.
But I will never in my life work as an adhoc staff again because it is degrading unlike 2015, the inec officials are all thieves. We are yet to be paid for the two election until now.
Common adhoc staff, inec can't organize and they want to organize election for the whole of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by ngmoses17(m): 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2019
Meanwhile, we're yet to be paid....
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Musharraf7: 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2019
Where is your polling unit and ur state. U don't just expect us to just believe this thrash
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by femmoy(m): 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2019
Papixhango77:
First to comment
go collect money for bank.smh
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by always4peace(m): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
the same ish happened in my polling unit and d military was called in but corp members and adhoc staff were treated with utmost respect. everything depends on d exposure of d military personnel involved, the man that lead them was my platoon commander in camp. its all about exposure.
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Fidelismaria: 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2019
Shame

Anyways check my signature
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by dheaven: 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2019
slawomir:

Yes oo. Assuming you did not agree they may harm you oo.
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Rajosh(m): 5:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
up till now, INEC hasn't paid for presidential election not to talk of governorship election. After all the stress, I've made up my mind Never to get involved again even as a voter.
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by obinoral1179(m): 5:24pm On Mar 12, 2019
slawomir:
Okay

Its all good

As an Apo 2
I have the power to riggg. I just tick the electronic register and i told my apo1 to ignore smart card reader. So my my apo(VP) which is same as po was to give them the ballot paper

we where face with this same situation in Lagos but we told them point blank that the card reader will not read any card that has been authenticated before and we save our self the drama. Police and PDP agent connive with APC for that..... PDP and APC are same of the same....
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Sterope(f): 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
Who sent you? undecided

Na by force to vote
viktor88:
I'm a youth corper but working for INEC during this election is the worst decision I made during this service year, the stress was too much and I was almost beaten by frustrated voters.

INEC even lied about the payments
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by olaolaking: 5:46pm On Mar 12, 2019
The op is fantastically unreasonable. The youth in your area cause the whole thing. Why should they cause unrest knowing fully well that there is always tension that comes with election.

All of you claiming right now can call them to order.

Yet you blame the officials for calling the solders.

You are not serious at all.

I also want to ask you what concerned solders with your qualification?

Does their work asked them to treat those who have qualifications differently?
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by michspencer(m): 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
The most painful part of the story is that Inec is yet to us
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by slawomir: 6:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
obinoral1179:
we where face with this same situation in Lagos but we told them point blank that the card reader will not read any card that has been authenticated before and we save our self the drama. Police and PDP agent connive with APC for that..... PDP and APC are same of the same....

We take advantage of the fact that
Our inec lecturer thought us that when a voter comes and the card reader fail to read and and authenticate we should use electronic register
And so it was easy for me to rigg the election With my team

So at the end the number of accredited voters on the smart card reader was more than ballot papers used

But I attached a letter to it lyiny that at some point the card reader failed to authenticate so we just used electronic register
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by Postboiswag(m): 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
INEC never pay us Ooo
Re: The Bitter INEC Ad-hoc Staffs Experience by zidek(m): 8:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
I finished election, INEC get mind carry #9k give me for presidential election in akwa ibom state, this does not worth the risk!

(1) (2) (Reply)

El-zakzaky, Wife To Embark On Another Medical Trip Soon / NNPC Speaks On Explosion At NPDC’s Benin River Valve Station / Former President Goodluck Jonathan Visits Governor Okowa Over Father's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.