Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 01:03 AM

Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism (46088 Views)

Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway: Group Frowns At Accusations Of Tribal Incitement / #sexforgrades: Kiki Mordi Reacts To Accusations Of Intellectual Property Theft / My Two Cents On Racist Shi Shi Chinese Restaurant Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by chloride6: 8:39am On Mar 20, 2019
postemail:

It isn't Hot Spot. The Chinese call it Hot Pot. It's a type of dish where you have a boiling broth on a gas or electric stove on the table, served with fresh ingredient: fresh beef, fish, veggies, etc. All you have to do is throw in the meat early followed by the veggies. It's quite nice a meal.

Regarding the story, I don't think that particular restaurant do "not" serve the locals. It may be a case of them profiling who gets access.

In ikeja there are better restaurants for those with a good taste. Why waste time in this cheap joint?

What do you mean by "profiling"?
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by blindjustice13(m): 8:50am On Mar 20, 2019
There is definitely something illegal or something the authorities will frown on going on in that restaurant considering the reputation of Chinese to always use restuarants as smoke screen for illegal businesses I wont be surprised. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by IbrahimDamola: 10:15am On Mar 20, 2019
EponOjukwu:

I think they eat pigs in that place and you may have some for sale.

You mean pigs like idiotic pigs of Buhari?

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by gwama: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2019
Ugosample:
Quel quartier d'Ouaga?

Patte d'Oie
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Princeps: 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2019
MrRichmond:

The restaurant director, a Nigerian who introduced himself as Mr. Niyi Adegbite

Source: https://punchng.com/shi-shi-chinese-restaurant-is-for-gentlemen-not-for-everyone-director/

Yorubas are the biggest sellouts in Nigeria. Opportunistic, self-centered people. Especially in multi-nationals in Nigeria where they sell-out their fellow Nigerians to foreigners. Allow said foreigners to abuse fellow Nigerians and then cover their tracks after being given a few peanuts. If you work such company where they are HR, better run for your life cos your days are numbered one way or another. Except you are a very senior person in leadership. Biggest sellouts and cowards since 1967.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2019
gwama:
I'm not from Nigeria, but what are you Nigerians, wait to get this restaurant closed? angry angry angry And if they do not close, at home in my country, this restaurant will be vandalized in one night. Completed. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Ola17: 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2019
SchmidtHammer:
I'm not shocked at this, there have been several other reports of Chinese racist activities in African countries. The separation of Chinese from people of other colours( especially Nigerians) based on their nationality and not their skill or ability to cook Chinese meals is discrimination. The Director, and to think he's a Nigerian, is an unworthy Nigerian and black man for that matter. There are so many black men and women that feel inferior to people of other races and would go to any length to convince themselves that they aren't like the other blacks, however, it remains a personal problem and you can wallow in self hate, it's your miserable life but as long as you try to subjugate other Nigerians to your diffident mentality, it would never be tolerated. I implore that this should be taken seriously, investigated properly and necessary actions carried out to stop them before it stimulates other of such businesses and activities by racist foreigners or self hating Negroes.

Did you read the response from the management? The restaurant is owed by a Nigerian, he's to blame for such policy.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
There's something fishy. He first admitted that they don't allow Nigerians in, he now changed mouth. Na first mout God de hear. BTW, if they allow us in, why didn't they allow oga reporter in? There's something they're hiding.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by TEYA: 5:25pm On Mar 20, 2019
Yello1:
Wat is it with patronizing our own thing self. Must we go to chinese whatever?? Are we don patronizing Mamapot that we won go dey patronize chinese own. I beg dis mata no be mata jawe. Make everybody dey em lane. My fellow Nigerian can find trouble ehen.
You people should keep quiet! It is not like most of us give a damn about Chinese food, you feel angry when a rich Nigerian oppressed you but welcome Chinese oppression in your country? Segregation must be condemned in all ramifications. You cannot open a restaurant in China and say only Africans are welcomed. Why should they do it to you in your country.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by abeggnow: 5:30pm On Mar 20, 2019
oyetunder:
i have the right to open exclusive kitchen for my own people in America. keep fighting for your rights instead of creating your rights.
in d America u speak off u cant dare open a store and say an Anerican or a certain race are not allowed to patronize ur store kitchen or business.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by boyjo: 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2019
tritt:
I swear you guys don't want to know what goes on in that restaurant.....

Abeg I wan know naw ,tell me.
Shey them dey kill human being chop them or them dey drink blood?

I know Chinese do boil cats live...?
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by LisaHamiltonEu(f): 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
I like Chinese food and don't like such expressions. Honestly, I associate China with delicious food, good tea, cool entertainment, various inventions, and centuries-old traditions. I have been there several times and always brought back good impressions and memories from my trips. I'd like to ask you what good things you know about China. I'm pretty sure each of you will name a couple of these things. If we talk about food, I really like how the Chinese combine spicy, sour and sweet and they get great sauces. And so if you want to find out what else attracts me to this country, you can see it in this blog. There you can find Chinese food reviews, information about new technologies, and various tips for travelers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Lifts Bag Of Cement With His Teeth? (Photos) / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / My Cousin Killed This Puff Adder Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.