Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,150 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:28 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70691 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2010
Drogba and cheksli will be gunned down err but can we stop their goals coming in? undecided Flappy oh please surprise us all, if you can keep a clean sheet ehn . .i go dash you duduspace's girlfriend tongue

dayo go back to sleep abeg tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2010
@ Hnic,DD
I will prefer Fabianski cos he really impressed in his 2 games so far.If our can be solid to protect him, i dont see us him conceding goals
Even if Almunia is played and the defence is porous, i see them scoring goals
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2010
mukina2:

Drogba and cheksli will be gunned down err but can we stop their goals coming in? undecided Flappy oh please surprise us all, if you can keep a clean sheet ehn . .i go dash you duduspace's girlfriend tongue
dayo go back to sleep abeg tongue

No problem, I will drive her there myself. I know she'll be back the next day to join us in a triple sin.   tongue tongue

edit: e gbami o, wetin be triple sin? I meant , metasome.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2010
nikkykay:

^^^^^^
DK am telling u 2 politely to get out of this place now

Or else you would?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
duduspace:

No problem, I will drive her there myself. I know she'll be back the next day to join us in a triple sin.   tongue tongue

edit: e gbami o, wetin be triple sin? I meant , metasome.
grin grin grin sorry the word filter filtered it grin grin grin
lol i don laff skata for hia grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2010
@duduspace
LOL @ triple sin, the word filter could be a pain in the ass. . but hey, it murders english at least grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2010
v3:

@duduspace
LOL @ triple sin, the word filter could be a pain in the backside. . but hey, it murders english at least grin grin

The chaps who wrote the filter dictionary must have a good sense of humor. it was quite funny. Multiplicative effect of sin ROFLMAO.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2010
nikkykay:

DK,
i dont have time for you

You dont have time for me, yet you have time for certified failures like Arsenal and WenGAY
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
I doubt if I'll watch the game live. . . .I'm usually occupied on Sundays.

If Fabianski plays, y'all better make sure you have your fellow gooner's phone numbers and emergency services on speed dial. . . . just in case he puts in his 'regular' performances and gives some people high blood pressure. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Vieira(m): 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2010
debosky:

If Fabianski plays, y'all better make sure you have your fellow gooner's phone numbers and emergency services on speed dial. . . . just in case he puts in his 'regular' performances and gives some people high blood pressure. grin

Too late, years of following Arsenal has inflicted me with this condition!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:50pm On Sep 30, 2010
debosky:

Wetin yu dey do? servicing the honeys or sleepin off your saturday nite club gyrations? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2010
duduspace:

Wetin yu dey do? servicing the honeys or sleepin off your saturday nite club gyrations? grin

A bit of both. . . . .I need to catch up on the honeys that I can't fit in during the week. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 9:01pm On Sep 30, 2010
debosky:

A bit of both. . . . .I need to catch up on the honeys that I can't fit in during the week. grin

Me self dey busy this weekend, one cargo dey arrive for a 3 day visit. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2010
duduspace:

You go wound oh! grin

I'm sure gooners won't mind if she keeps you occupied enough to stop posting financial times articles. grin

nikkykay:

@ debo & Dudu
Please we are tired of reading your epistles.
U can start your own thread to analyse your epistles there
Abeg

Apologies my dear. . . . I beg for forgiveness from an elegant and beautiful gooner like yourself. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 9:20pm On Sep 30, 2010
duduspace:

Keep scoring while assanal keep conceding goals in basketfull
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 9:24pm On Sep 30, 2010
This is what a GREAT coach does with young players not the Sham called ASSene wenGAY

Ajax were built on more egalitarian grounds. Rather than recruiting the biggest and the best, they instead sought to focus on a youth scheme that was the envy of clubs around Europe. Such was the admiration for the work of the Dutch side, Football Association technical director Don Howe even circulated a memo to English managers recommending that they follow the model established in the Dutch capital - a model that was informed by the great success of Total Football in the early 1970s as another talented clutch of local players, led by the incomparable Cruyff, enjoyed European Cup success in 1971, 1972 and 1973.

The Total Football team, constructed by Rinus Michels, drew on a pool of talent that included six players born within a few miles of club headquarters. Indeed, Cruyff's own mother worked as a cleaner at the club, such was his umbilical link with Ajax. It was this local focus that the Ajax vintage of 1995 sought to emulate. As president Michael van Praag explained: "Our objective is a senior team, 70% of which is made up of home-bred players."

Of the team that started the 1995 final, only Nigerian winger Finidi George, Finnish forward Jari Litmanen and the Dutch pair of Danny Blind and Marc Overmars were not Ajax born and bred. Kluivert, the teenager who would decide the outcome of the final after appearing as a substitute, was also an Amsterdam native.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=827853&sec=uefachampionsleague&root=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:30pm On Sep 30, 2010
^^ SHow me the proper way to hug transformer. Na only woman me I sabi hug.

But a GAYYner like you can hug different things, from men, young boys, snakes, animals and soon GAYYners would start hugging dustbins

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mamagee3(f): 11:35pm On Sep 30, 2010
mukina2:

grin grin grin sorry the word filter filtered it grin grin grin
lol i don laff skata for hia  grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 12:11am On Oct 01, 2010
I am deleting what I posted here.

But this is strike 2 Hope you are noting, Third time you wont be this lucky.

Cristals and other mods Hope you are taking notes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 8:01am On Oct 01, 2010
Seriously seriously Gunners what do we do about Drogba?? This run has to be the most embarrassing in Professional Sports! Nucca has been mouthing off all week and who can blame him

nikkykay:

@ Hnic,DD
I will prefer Fabianski cos he really impressed in his 2 games so far.If our can be solid to protect him, i dont see us him conceding goals
Even if Almunia is played and the defence is porous, i see them scoring goals
@Nikkykay
Fabianski should not be within a 50mile radius of Stamford Bridge he should be sent to go chill in Poland with his kin-folk for the weekend. Almunia would at least need to be under pressure to crack abi? We both know Fabianski can do it all by himself
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 8:11am On Oct 01, 2010
My local newspaper headline thus ' DROGS TO KISS ARSE'. I pray he wont this time around.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:19am On Oct 01, 2010
A-40:

Seriously seriously Gunners what do we do about Drogba?? This run has to be the most embarrassing in Professional Sports! Nucca has been mouthing off all week and who can blame him

I think we should work on the assumption DD will get a chance or two to score and will take one of them. . . . our focus should be ensuring that create quality chances that will enable us score, and not just hog possession all night with no cutting edge.

The most frustrating aspect of our losses to Chelski was that we simply did not create enough chances, the only memorable one was a chance Nasri had but couldn’t bring under control. . . . that’s too little for the calibre of creative players we have.

@Nikkykay
Fabianski should not be within a 50mile radius of Stamford Bridge he should be sent to go chill in Poland with his kin-folk for the weekend. Almunia would at least need to be under pressure to crack abi? We both know Fabianski can do it all by himself

I am highly uncomfortable with the prospect of Flappy facing Chelski. . . .the scars of January 2009 when he made a complete mug of himself in the semi-final of the FA cup are still fresh to me.

Like you said, he can self-destruct all by himself at the slightest notice. If Almunia is fit he MUST play.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 9:33am On Oct 01, 2010
nothin lasts infity. drogba's almost unbelievable record against us will eventually end. On sunday, we will be playin at least 3 players that differentiate the present team from what drogba has bn used to. sqills,KOS (yes i believe brains will xcel over physicality),wishere,MC. I see us salvagin a draw and i wont dance naked if we win. Gunners joo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 10:02am On Oct 01, 2010
dipo2much:

i wont dance unclothed if we win. Gunners joo

Walahi, me I go tear shirt, if we win. Count Drogbula is a real menace, he has tortured us enof.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2010
debosky:

You go wound oh! grin
I'm sure gooners won't mind if she keeps you occupied enough to stop posting financial times articles. grin

Nothing dey happen, I did cardio all week so my endurance levels have peaked, someone is in for a joy ride. I hope I don't remember a financial detail I've missed in the midst of it all sha, and that the boys don't end up with a result that'll get me all moody from Sunday, I've booked off Monday for some necessary recovery.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 10:17am On Oct 01, 2010
Its normal as a naija gunner that I start by saying happy birthday naija. Now that inconvenience is outta the way, a few observations.

Evryone including Drogba himself thinks he's the be-all against arsenal. That is simply untrue, he has been getting proper service. I say cut them out and see him wandering about the box. The key is in the midfield. Arsene please tell Song to stay back. I pray Diaby is match fit, he won us a lot of possesion last time we went to the 'bus stop'.

But like Debosky, aptly pointed out, the most important factor in this match is to ensure we are more incisive and direct in their third. I mean there is no use playing it across the box indefinitely while they arrange themselves.

And finally I miss Theo for this match. At least Cashley would sit his randy ass back.

All well and good, we are readying for battle.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2010
Chelsea vs Arsenal 2010 Buildup

As part of preparations for the 'big one' I'll be doing a series of posts to compare the previous games to this one and look at areas where we should pay particular attention.

Attacking Review

- In both games, our main strikers were Eduardo or Bendtner. . . this time we have Chamakh, whose heading ability, ball retention and pace are all better than the latter two.

- Fabregas played both games, but was largely neutralised, ditto with Nasri. Nasri is arguably in better form now looking over the past 3 games

- Arshavin probably posed the greatest threat to Chelski in both games, but poor finishing cost us. He is scoring/creating more than anyone else in the side at the moment.

For me, if Fabregas, Nasri, Arshavin and Chamakh bring their 'A' game, we will create ample opportunities to score. The big unknown for me is how we will set up attack wise - with Wilshere's form, he is likely to start, but a lot depends on whether Fab4 is fit, and what formation the boss decides on. Leaving the defensive side of things out for now, I'd like to see the following

AA23           Chamakh           Prince Nasri

Fabregas  

Wilshere

Attacking options from the bench will include Rozzi, Vela and JET.

Fabregas might be deemed not ready to start, so he might be on the bench which will likely bring Rozzi to the starting side, or bring Nasri into the middle. With RVP, TW14 and Big Nik injured, we don't have much firepower from the bench so we must aim to hit them hardest from our starting line up.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 11:07am On Oct 01, 2010
Hehehehehehhehehehe. . . . the Chelsea pre-match analysis is the funniest thing to do. . . . .it gets shot to pieces the moment Drogba starts his annual lipsrsealed grin

Yet another match i will prefer to "avoid". tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:16am On Oct 01, 2010
I nor dey fear nothing . .Flappy go show himself and we go respect am  lipsrsealed

chei . .match nefa come sef . .i don dey shake grin\

Arsene wenger bul ma yap angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 11:30am On Oct 01, 2010
Only thing I'll say is, we won't have an embarrasing scoreline like last season as our backline is better and its not likely anyone is able to put a basket load of goals past this chelsea team so I expect a tight score line, but I don't expect us to have so much of the ball without end result like happened at SB last season (those kinds of games either make you cry or make you temporarily hate Arsenal) cos now we've got Chamakh.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 11:37am On Oct 01, 2010
Chamakh gets a penayity!!! shocked shocked shocked grin grin
Nasri scores shocked shocked
Arsenal 2- Chelsea 1

Game over cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by olodo(m): 11:40am On Oct 01, 2010
@muki I say no shaking!! d match will end 2-1 in Arsenal favour. Charmak and AA23. Anelka for d chavs in 89th mint

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100)

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.