Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,288 members, 7,881,073 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:52 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70686 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 11:45am On Oct 01, 2010
My post got deleted for predicting a Chelsea win on Sunday. . . . .that's childishness of the highest order SMH

I won't be surprised if this one gets deleted as well
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 11:56am On Oct 01, 2010
jalether:

My post got deleted for predicting a Chelsea win on Sunday. . . . .that's childishness of the highest order SMH

I won't be surprised if this one gets deleted as well

Jalether, go mend your leather wey you tear. You like lookin for trouble, go and put your chelsea predictions on your thread and not ours. Do you see any Arsenal fan puttin predictions on your thread?  comot for hia, onijogbon.  angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ifedisky(m): 12:07pm On Oct 01, 2010
slimshay:

And finally I miss Theo for this match. At least Cashley would sit his randy backside back.

All well and good, we are readying for battle.
slimshay link=topic=510371.msg6854810#msg6854810 date=1285924673:

.As much as I would not say the Chavs are a one dimensional team I  think the core of their threat come from the left where cuntley prawls. That is why Walcott is direly missed more than any other. Ebue could be stuck out there to track Cuntley but every body knows Eboue's concentration levels is dismal and he's liable to lose track severelly in a game, and besides we do not need to be overly defensive against theese guys. Rosicky out there is a no no and that leaves Nasri and Wilshere. Personally, depending on who starts in the middle, whether Diaby is starting to neutralise their height adv in set pieces and drive forward, I'd start with Wilshere and give him the licence to take on Cuntley at will. Given the way he has played so far I think he can do it. Don.t know why I have this funny feeling that the time's nie to shut some mouths for good. GOODLUCK GUNNERS
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2010
@Debo, I doubt fabregas will play. We hav 'interlull' to have him heal properly. If we play him, Spain will call him up.

And I agree re-arshavin for attack.
I'm expecting your piece on the middle third. That is where we have to put in extra shift.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2010
duduspace:

Jalether, go mend your leather wey you tear. You like lookin for trouble, go and put your chelsea predictions on your thread and not ours. Do you see any Arsenal fan puttin predictions on your thread?  comot for hia, onijogbon.  angry angry
Is there a written rule that prohibits posting match predictions on a rival's thread
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2010
jalether:

Is there a written rule that prohibits posting match predictions on a rival's thread

So there has to be a written rule that prevents someone going around on a wind up mission?  undecided
drink responsibly Man.   wink The mods aint supposed to wait until it gets all bloody before they act. You've made your point.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
E ma binu simi o, but I coudn't help but point this out, so you get a clearer picture of what Arsene has been fighting against.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=828829&sec=england&cc=5739

[Quote]It has been revealed that Manchester City lost an incredible £121 million in the last financial year and they spent more on wages than their entire income.[/quote]

How can this be sustainable? How irresponsible is this? even if you win all the trophies in the world, how can you sustain this? How do you fight against something like this? How does this help the game? Na Abramovic and RM with their galacticos start all this nonsense in soccer o.

If they are allowed to do this continually year on year, they will get it right someday and turn into the next chelsea, then we are back to square one.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ Dudu

Another financial post = BAN. tongue

I'm sure Queen Muki and Moderavizzle will co-sign this.

Leave Shitty to do as they please. . . . life goes on.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2010
Bad news, Cesc is out against Chelsea as well as Gibbs and Alumi.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2010
omo,free dudu o. its nothin wrong to praise urself about one achievement if its all u got. But seriously, those money trashin habits are disgustin.
Omo,me i go bet say sunderland go beat manure to moro. Manure is definitely goin down at the stadium of lite
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2010
Andy Gray on Almunia:

[Quote]
Manuel Almunia gets hammered, but the so-called crisis with the Gunners' goalkeepers is a collective problem as much as an individual one on occasions. In fact, I don't go along with the view that they can't win the league with Almunia in goal.

There was talk of Mark Schwarzer moving to the Emirates in the summer as a solution to the 'problem'. Is he really a better goalkeeper than the Spaniard? I would say categorically not.
Almunia makes errors, of course he does, but he's a goalkeeper and that's what they tend to do. Petr Cech, Edwin van der Sar, Joe Hart and Pepe Reina have all made errors of their own, but in general they get far more protection than Arsenal's keepers.

I have no concerns about Arsenal's footballing ability, and if Sunday's game was non-contact I'd back them to get a result all day long. But I just feel that power plays a huge part when these two meet, and there has to be a doubt that this side as a whole is better equipped than in previous years to cope with the Blues' physicality.
[/quote]

Finally, a pundit talks some sense, maybe Collymore's rant is having an effect on English TV commentary afterall, one can only hope.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
duduspace:

Bad news, Cesc is out against Chelsea as well as Gibbs and Alumi.

u cant be serious! gibbs, cesc is only 50-50 and wld have a fitness test on Sat Mornin. . . .Alm may even play in Goal!

my prb lies with our midfield. . . i wanna see Rozzi,Song and Fab all starting there. . . .we need creativity. . .and bullets from wide range. . .then AA23 /chmk to go for the re-bound. . .

3 -2 that's ma predo 4d game

Gooner 1800 tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
allboyz:

u cant be serious! gibbs, cesc is only 50-50 and wld have a fitness test on Sat Mornin. . . .Alm may even play in Goal!

When last did you check the Arsenal site?  undecided some of us are on a 24 hr watch when game time approaches.  grin grin

Vermaelen not close to a comeback cry cry, Debo thanks for the pressure yu lot put on Arsene, imagine if we didn't have Squillaci? we would have to depend on sleepy eyed Djorou.  shocked shocked shocked good performance midweek not withstanding, DJ still has a lot of convincing to do.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2010
bros i jst broswed the site and the injury list. . .nuffin too serious. . . but like i said. . .ma fears is with the Midfield!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2010
allboyz:

I was referring to this, Arsene has confirmed he is out against Chelsea and barring a miracle of some sorts or some mind games which Arsene doesn't usually do, he is out against Chelsea.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
allboyz predicted 4 - 2 yesterday and today its 3 - 2!!!. Hope it wont be 2 - 2 tomorrow?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2010
duduspace:

Andy Gray on Almunia:

Finally, a pundit talks some sense, maybe Collymore's rant is having an effect on English TV commentary afterall, one can only hope.

Patronizing comments from Andy Gray. . . his hair loss has affected his judgement as well. Just how many times will a GK like Reina make 3 catastrophic errors in a game like Almunia? 

This isn't about protection. . . .protection doesn't cause you to daftly rush out like Al did against WB, when two defenders were closing in on the guy. Protection doesn't prevent you virtually throwing the ball into your own net for the second goal.

The fact is, our GKs are too error prone. . . .the number of catastrophic errors (often unforced and out of the blue) that they make is unacceptable. Anything else is simply avoidance of reality.

Given played for a crap defence at Newcastle, but only a blind man would fail to see he was STILL an exceptional keeper at a poor club.

Schwarzer might not be 'much' better than Almunia, but he has more experience in the EPL and has performed consistently for years. . . Almunia's clangers are always just round the corner.

Why am I even posting about this? I've said more than enough about the GK's already. . . .we all know the facts except for some wishing to excuse the failings of the manager to improve the quality in this crucial position.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
With Gibbs, Almunia and Cesc out, our options are limited. . . .but that means that we are likely to start with a midfield of Song, Diaby and Wilshere, with Nasri playing higher up, or Song, Nasri and Wilshere with Rozzi starting as part of a front three.

We've got our work cut out for us now. . . .time for Nasri to step up to the plate and grab this game by the scruff of the neck, or will Wilshere announce himself on the biggest stage and run things?

We are clearly under-strength for this game and will need EVERY PLAYER to concentrate for the entire 90 mins. This is going to be a battle, but we could be hurt badly by Chelsk considering the weaknesses in the side.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
The defence has conceded three penalties in the last two matches. Will Chamarkh win penalty on at the bridge?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
Hmm, I can imagine how Debo will jump on the article if it were a Wenger bashing one. O ga o.
Debo, just a quick question, when next are you going to dine with Myles? tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2010
duduspace:

So there has to be a written rule that prevents someone going around on a wind up mission? undecided
drink responsibly Man. wink The mods aint supposed to wait until it gets all bloody before they act. You've made your point.

Isnt that what happens on this forum from time immemorial? Winding up.

Now some ppl are getting their pants in a bunch cos dem borrow dem moderator status
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2010
duduspace:

Hmm, I can imagine how Debo will jump on the article if it were a Wenger bashing one. O ga o.
Debo, just a quick question, when next are you going to dine with Myles? tongue tongue

I don't jump on anything. . . . .without boasting, I can say I've followed Arsenal long enough to be able to make up my own mind on whether an article is reasonable or not.

Even a man from the Koma tribe in Nigeria who has never seen Arsenal play knows that Almunia is the worst goal keeper in the top 7 (at least, he may even be the worst in the top 10) as they finished last season and Andy Gray is here talking bollocks?

Maybe he's suffering from hypermetropia from staring too much at his fancy analysis screen at Sky. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eyoniggar(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
yousouph:

The defence has conceded three penalties in the last two matches. Will Chamarkh win penalty on at the bridge?

i pray oooo wink

yousouph:

allboyz predicted 4 - 2 yesterday and today its 3 - 2!!!. Hope it wont be 2 - 2 tomorrow?
shocked shocked shocked shocked really?

debosky:

With Gibbs, Almunia and Cesc out, our options are limited. . . .but that means that we are likely to start with a midfield of Song, Diaby and Wilshere, with Nasri playing higher up, or Song, Nasri and Wilshere with Rozzi starting as part of a front three.

We've got our work cut out for us now. . . .time for Nasri to step up to the plate and grab this game by the scruff of the neck, or will Wilshere announce himself on the biggest stage and run things?

We are clearly under-strength for this game and will need EVERY PLAYER to concentrate for the entire 90 mins. This is going to be a battle, but we could be hurt badly by Chelsk considering the weaknesses in the side.

na so ooo . . .d tin don RED ooo

na God go help us now. . .cant imagine a 7 points gap at this early stage. . .mba!

Gooner 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibomade1: 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
Vela na fine boy sha but 2morrows match will be tight a draw will be a good result for Arsenal with all the injured players we have.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Kay17: 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
Just one word for ARSENal. GET A GOALKEEPER!
Quit playing fine boys.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
With all the injuries, especially Fab's. . .plus Almunia's absence. . .Chelsea would be totally dumb if they fail to take good advantage of the situ. grin

BTW, what's with all the mod complaints?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2010
Is it too early to ask HOW MARKET? grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2010
Haba, give them a chance naw. grin

Like I typed on the Blues' thread. . .''underdogs'' tend to fight like suicide bombers. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2010
debosky:

I think we should work on the assumption DD will get a chance or two to score and will take one of them. . . . our focus should be ensuring that create quality chances that will enable us score, and not just hog possession all night with no cutting edge.

The most frustrating aspect of our losses to Chelski was that we simply did not create enough chances, the only memorable one was a chance Nasri had but couldn’t bring under control. . . . that’s too little for the calibre of creative players we have.
I do agree with you. The pattern of our loses against Chelsea have been the same! We rarely get out-played but our bluntness in attack and calamitous defending always seems to hand the game to Chelsea on a silver platter. We just have to show some form of defensive discipline how we are going to get it i dunno but we just have to bring it for this match. Rozzy and Nasri have to come up grande especially Rozzy who i dare say has a lot to prove and is yet to deliver the goods consistently in an Arsenal shirt

debosky:

I am highly uncomfortable with the prospect of Flappy facing Chelski. . . .the scars of January 2009 when he made a complete mug of himself in the semi-final of the FA cup are still fresh to me.

Like you said, he can self-destruct all by himself at the slightest notice. If Almunia is fit he MUST play.

That is why i prefer Almunia and can live with him being in goal! I really don't buy into that Almunia is Arsenal's problem argument i think our defence and style of defending is a bigger problem! Our back-four is lacks discipline and would make a decent goalie look bad. Barca have shown us you don't need a fantastic goalie to win trophies

By and large there is no result that can be more frustrating than the 5-1 rout Tottenham handed us on my birthday 2 years ago so no shakings

chamotex:

Is it too early to ask HOW MARKET? grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Bebeto! You don dey be abi

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (100)

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.