Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,898 members, 7,872,927 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:34 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70539 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2010
I dont want to sound too forward but I appreciate foresight and proactivity.

Can I ask [size=28pt]How market[/size] in advance anticipating the return leg vs Chelsea in March 2011
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2010
@DK
You Have Hanover 96(Name sounds like an ashewo joint) next after the international break.
Oya , go and worry about how you will beat them, sorry,how they won't beat you
Na small, small, your club go be like L'pool  casel
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2010
dayokanu:

Precipitous decline for a club that won the double and was second best in Europe less than 5 months ago?
Am I missing something here?
When were we second best in Europe five months ago?.
I could have sworn we didn't play Barca in May
and also that night at the Camp Nou wasn't the FINAL
Or someone should help me out here!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2010
Dayo wetin dey pain you? tongue

has bayern been wining every match since THIS season started?

I think you are a closet EPL supporter, or is the bundesliga so dry , that  there's nothing there to discuss  tongue tongue

we LOST, you LOST. grin

we are dealing with ours , go to your thread and deal with yours.
or is it by force to post in hia tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
RuuDie:

Arsenal did almost everything right up the Chelsea end of the pitch early on in the game --- they pressed, harried and marked. It was very clearly a marked improvement from previous Chelsea - Arsenal games I've seen. . . . . AW just needs to change his approach atimes. I was thinking a midfield 3 of Song/Nasir/and 1 of Diaby, Denilson or Eboue (I would have gone for the strength of Eboue) - Song & Eboue just sitting in front of that back-4, there was hardly any support when Song ventured upfield. They had enough quality to hurt chelsea on the counter. Wilshere had a good game but had no business in there, it was a way too physical game for him. & then again, the perennial Arsenal problem, finishing was just not there!

Anyways, there was some positives & I still think with a full complement of their squad, Arsenal can still hurt Chelsea this season in the return leg!

It is always so easy to say when Arsenal have a full squad, they will hurt Chelsea.
How much better do you think could have been with Lampard, Kalou, Benayoun and Bosingwa.
Over the course of the season, It's never about wat a team can do with their full squad, but what they can manage with their fringe players. .

Arsenal will lose to Chelsea at the emirates - mark my words.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2010
^ your words have been marked and this page saved for reference.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:40pm On Oct 04, 2010
nateevs:

It is always so easy to say when Arsenal have a full squad, they will hurt Chelsea.
How much better do you think could have been with Lampard, Kalou, Benayoun and Bosingwa.
Over the course of the season, It's never about wat a team can do with their full squad, but what they can manage with their fringe players.

While you may have a point, you are over stating your case. The players missing for Arsenal can be deemed ‘spinal’ - Almunia, Vermaelen, Cesc and RVP.

The equivalents for Chelski would be Cech, Terry, Lampard and DD.

Given you had three out of those four available yesterday, you can’t realistically describe the team you fielded as managing with ‘fringe’ players.

Furthermore, it is clear that WITHOUT that spine it is unlikely Chelski would’ve won.

If we take the analysis a step lower, you were missing Bosingwa, Kalou and Benayoun as well. . . .those ‘could’ be equivalent to missing, Gibbs, Bendtner and Ramsey for Arsenal, so then again, in terms of personnel, Arsenal were missing a far greater compliment of their squad compared to Chelski.

The truth is that you need to be able to perform even with your ‘fringe’ players, but the ‘greater’ truth as it were is that Arsenal are without their CORE first team players too often during the course of a season.

DD, Lamps and Terry play 30+ games a season consistently. . . .you cannot say the same for Arsenal’s spine and that is a part (though not the only aspect) of the problem.

PS - DK you really need to get your brain rebooted. My comment wasn't a comparison of Arsenal vs Bayern, but an indication that you should mind your own business, be more concerned with your ailments and stop being this display of legendary buffoonery you are engaging in. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2010
Chelsea match is over, lets move on.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2010
HNIC:

Am I missing something here?
When were we second best in Europe five months ago?.
I could have sworn we didn't play Barca in May
and also that night at the Camp Nou wasn't the FINAL
Or someone should help me out here!

I think Drogba is to blame for your lack of comprehension.

OLODO said bayern is in Precipitous decline and I asked him if a club that was runner up in CL can be said to be in decline what should we say about a club half a decade without a spoon.

mukina2:

Dayo wetin dey pain you? tongue

has bayern been wining every match since THIS season started?

I think you are a closet EPL supporter, or is the bundesliga so dry , that there's nothing there to discuss tongue tongue

we LOST, you LOST. grin

we are dealing with ours , go to your thread and deal with yours.
or is it by force to post in hia tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

The difference is that while Bayern won a double 5 months ago, GAYYners have been trophyless 5yrs on the bounce.

5 months and 5yrs no be the same.

edoyad:

^ your words have been marked and this page saved for reference.

This was the same thing you have been saying since.

All the pages about Drogba rimming predictions that you saved for 4yrs counting what has it amounted to.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2010
just a quick one to ma homeboi (follypimps)

Hapi birthday to you

send me cake electronically

how market for here?

lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2010
debosky:

Cech didn't play against N'castle and 4 goals were shipped in.
No way Turnbull or Hilario would have saved Arshavin's shot in the first half tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
proudly9ja:

Chelsea match is over, lets move on.

Move on to more Failure abi? E no dey tire una? The moving on you have been doing for the past 5 yrs of what benefit has it been to you.

You better siddon here and continue wailing. [b]W[/b]ail [b]U[/b]ntil [b]S[/b]omething [b]H[/b]appens (WUSH).

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

debosky:

The players missing for Arsenal can be deemed ‘spinal’ - Almunia, Vermaelen, Cesc and RVP.

Given you had three out of those four available yesterday, you can’t realistically describe the team you fielded as managing with ‘fringe’ players.

Furthermore, it is clear that WITHOUT that spine it is unlikely Chelski would’ve won.

If we take the analysis a step lower, you were missing Bosingwa, Kalou and Benayoun as well. . . .those ‘could’ be equivalent to missing, Gibbs, Bendtner and Ramsey for Arsenal, so then again, in terms of personnel, Arsenal were missing a far greater compliment of their squad compared to Chelski.

The truth is that you need to be able to perform even with your ‘fringe’ players, but the ‘greater’ truth as it were is that Arsenal are without their CORE first team players too often during the course of a season.

DD, Lamps and Terry play 30+ games a season consistently. . . .you cannot say the same for Arsenal’s spine and that is a part (though not the only aspect) of the problem.

Abeg who remembers this song by MAINTAIN group some yrs ago?

Alo alo Aalo Aaalo Alo Story sstory o Story story story. Won o je ki Abiola se Ijoba to fi kuo, Aalo Adupe won gbe fun Obasanjo o Storyyy.
or this one by P-Square

I have a storyy See link below

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/6L_Vaupi8y4[/flash]

PS - DK you really need to get your brain rebooted. My comment wasn't a comparison of Arsenal vs Bayern, but an indication that you should mind your own business, be more concerned with your ailments and stop being this display of legendary buffoonery you are engaging in. grin

How can anyone compare Arsenal and bayern, i know you are not that dense.

If I need my brain rebooted after 5 months winning a double, I guess all Assanal fans considering their half a decade run, need to donate their Grey matter to Mama Nkechi The Isi-Ewu seller in Mazamaza cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2010
HNIC:

Cech didn't play against N'castle and 4 goals were shipped in.
No way Turnbull or Hilario would have saved Arshavin's shot in the first half tongue

GAYYners should be made specimen and case study in DELUSION management.

No way Drogba would have scored that goal if he didnt gell his hair.

No way Alex would have cracked that shot if he had Afro on his head.

No way Anelka would have missed that net after "DRIMBLING" the keeper If he was wearing "Sheshi" white "Jaison" Lai Lai.

No way Kolscieny and Skilashi would have been so dumb and rimmed continually if only they brought their brains along
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 4:39pm On Oct 04, 2010
dayo, why you dey cry for anoda person when you sef no pass exam? me i never see person like you before o. the way you dey wail for hia, dem go tink say u be chelski fan.
u no say e bad as e bad, arsenal go dey UCL. but bayansh munshit fit no go as tins dey play out. Abeg go dress ur own wound abeg
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:45pm On Oct 04, 2010
dayokanu:

GAYYners should be made specimen and case study in DELUSION management.

No way Drogba would have scored that goal if he didnt gell his hair.

No way Alex would have cracked that shot if he had Afro on his head.

No way Anelka would have missed that net after "DRIMBLING" the keeper If he was wearing "Sheshi" white "Jaison" Lai Lai.

No way Kolscieny and Skilashi would have been so dumb and rimmed continually if only they brought their brains along
Shhhh
Your sorry team is 12th in the Budesrubbish.
and you are talking. . . . . .
If you read well, we were talking about key players missing
and everyone knows Cech missing on Sunday would have weakened Chelski considerably.
Like I said, u have hanover 96 next, go and worry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:48pm On Oct 04, 2010
Just read a story now on arsenal.com
Guess who's back training at London Colney ground.
It's Robert Pires.
Report has it that he is working on his fitness.
That was how Sol Campbell came back to Arsenal.
Is AW looking at Bobby also?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2010
dipo2much:

dayo, why you dey cry for anoda person when you sef no pass exam? me i never see person like you before o.

Wetin you mean by "No pass exam"? Bayern is still the defending BL and DFB Pokal champion. So what do you mean exactly.

the way you dey wail for hia, dem go tink say u be chelski fan.

I guess you are Yoruba, There is a saying that Ti oju ko ba ti e, Oju n ti ara ile e. If you are not ashamed, People are ashamed at you, for you, Because of you, etc. Shame dey catch me for una.  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed  Adojutini Omo  tongue tongue tongue

Ah ah. One player 13 games, 13 goals. Even Hulk Hogan no fit beat Aki and Pawpaw 13 times out of 13 bouts? How una take dey sleep for night?

u no say e bad as e bad, arsenal go dey UCL. but bayansh munshit fit no go as tins dey play out. Abeg go dress your own wound abeg

Fit no go? Which kind of Language is that? Is that Java or C++, I guess its Corel Draw cos your mouth dey draw like Ogbono as you dey talk am.  tongue tongue tongue tongue

So CL qualification is now the measure of success?

Guess what? FC Porto never misses the CL, AC Milan missed it last season, barcelona missed it some year back. Now try compare FC Porto to Barcelona or AC Milan
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2010
HNIC:

Shhhh
Your sorry team is 12th in the Budesrubbish.
and you are talking. . . . . .
If you read well, we were talking about key players missing
and everyone knows Cech missing on Sunday would have weakened Chelski considerably.
Like I said, u have hanover 96 next, go and worry

12th in Bundesliga I can accept if the team in question won a double 5 months ago.

I dont know what would make me accept 5 seasons trophyless or A Bloody Ivorian scoring 13 goals in 13 games vs my club.

Oyinbo go say HELL NO

Ibo go say TUFIAKWA

Yoruba would say KI A MARI

Hausa go say DAN BURA UBANKA

Warri go say GOD FORBID BAD THING

Ajegunle go say YOU DEY CRASE?

My Hispanic neighbour would say Dios no lo quiera

Chinese man sef get language for am dem go say 上帝保佑

Mean wili Dayokanu sef get as e dey talk am, E go ask HOW MEERKAT

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 5:13pm On Oct 04, 2010
madman cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2010
Arsenal need to WIN a trophy to shut DK up.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
dayokanu:

12th in Bundesliga I can accept if the team in question won a double 5 months ago.
You yab Arsenal everyday and even when things were bad, we have never been 12th
You no dey shame
For that useless league, where Maize(agbado) dey top table grin
dayokanu:

Wetin you mean by "No pass exam"? Bayern is still the defending BL and DFB Pokal champion. So what do you mean exactly.
DFB Porkal ko,DK Portal ni
You are telling us stories.
Where are you today?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^
Do you think arsenal givs a hoot about dayokanu?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2010
chamotex:

Arsenal need to WIN a trophy to shut DK up.
You think he will shut up
He will tell us to defend the trophy without losing a match
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2010
from what  saw on Sunday, bayern would lose 5-0 to Chelsea cheesy

can you imagine Mainz abi Dortmund playing Arsenal

thats another Arsenal vs Braga episode

believe u me, the Bundesliga teams are in for some roasting this season

Inter Milan vs Werder Bremen anyone?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2010
HNIC:

You yab Arsenal everyday and even when things were bad, we have never been 12th
You no dey shame
For that useless league, where Maize(agbado) dey top table ;DDFB Porkal ko,DK Portal ni
You are telling us stories.
Where are you today?

Thats why Bayern is different from Assanal.

Perennial EPL champs Manure were 16th on the league the season they won a double.  Some clubs have discovered that your position by Mid May is what matters and not when you beat Blackpool 6-1.
Assanal have never fallen to that kind of position but guess what? They never win.
More worrisome is the fact that one particular player just want to make himself an Arsenal legend by playing for the Opponent. He is from Ivory Coast to boot

Lifting trophies is so alien to Arsenal players that i think they might develop muscle pull even If they just borrow them the league shield to lift for 10 seconds.

dipo2much:

^^
Do you think arsenal givs a hoot about dayokanu?

Its not about Dayokanu, Ask yourself what you see your club doing realistically, I see them at this point being halfway through their trophyless episode.

Una don trun trophylessness to "Prison Break ft Michael Scofield or 24" wey no dey end. Trophylessness and continuous failure is now a culture SMH
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Oct 04, 2010
tkb417:

from what saw on Sunday, bayern would lose 5-0 to Chelsea cheesy

can you imagine Mainz abi Dortmund playing Arsenal

thats another Arsenal vs Braga episode

believe u me, the Bundesliga teams are in for some roasting this season

Inter Milan vs Werder Bremen anyone?

Did you see bayern vs Roma?

Tell me how many clubs in CL have a 100% run.

In this seasons CL BL teams out of 6 games have won 3 lost 2 drawn 1.

Bayern would lose 5-0 to Chelsea? That was the same thing you told me for 4yrs continuously that would happen when Bayern plays manure.

You almost staked a bet with your life. You knew how that ended in gnashing of teeth at Old toilet last April.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 5:39pm On Oct 04, 2010
dayokanu:

Did you see bayern vs Roma?

Tell me how many clubs in CL have a 100% run.

In this seasons CL BL teams out of 6 games have won 3 lost 2 drawn 1.

Bayern would lose 5-0 to Chelsea? That was the same thing you told me for 4yrs continuously that would happen when Bayern plays manure.

You almost staked a bet with your life. You knew how that ended in gnashing of teeth at Old toilet last April.

i said Chelsea vs Bayern

i didnt say man UTD so dont change gear

Essien , Mikel and Ramires would tear ur team into 2 equal halves

somebody say Drogba!!!

u'll be dead in 30 mintues
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2010
tkb417:

i said Chelsea vs Bayern

i didnt say man UTD so dont change gear

Essien , Mikel and Ramires would tear your team into 2 equal halves

somebody say Drogba!!!

u'll be dead in 30 mintues

Wasnt that the same way Carrick, Evra, G. Nevvile, Schole, Rio and Vidic were turned to emergency Atilogwu dancers just because of Olic, Muller and Altintop.

Na only Ramires? Soon na Iya Aladuke you go dey talk
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2010
hahaha

Van Buyten vs Drogba shocked shocked shocked

thats senderos vs Drogba again cheesy

i hope ur prayers are answered and u get Chelsea. Home and away victories for Chelsea
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2010
whats all these deliberatin about? abeg make we no start anoda premierleague Vs the other leagues thread. that topic boring die.
Mhen,its gonna b a long int'l break.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2010
tkb417:

hahaha

Van Buyten vs Drogba shocked shocked shocked

thats senderos vs Drogba again cheesy

i hope your prayers are answered and u get Chelsea. Home and away victories for Chelsea

At Bayern in the CL we do our talking on the field.

Tell me how Altintop vs Evra ended or How Olic vs Carrick or Olic/Muller combo vs Rio/Vidic combo ended.

If we can analyse Drogba vs VanButen here then no need to play the games.

And why have the Cheslea team only played the CL finals just once in history? Were Drogba, Essien, Mikel, Terry and co not playing those games?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2010
debosky:

While you may have a point, you are over stating your case. The players missing for Arsenal can be deemed ‘spinal’ - Almunia, Vermaelen, Cesc and RVP.

PS - DK you really need to get your brain rebooted. My comment wasn't a comparison of Arsenal vs Bayern,  but an indication that you should mind your own business, be more concerned with your ailments and stop being this display of legendary buffoonery you are engaging in.  grin

reh reh reh. What happened last season when 3 of those 4 "core players" (Varmaleen,almunia and fabregas) featured. . . . you still got the beating

of your life, losing by 3 solid goals and to further rubbish your claim, this trashing occurred at your own backyard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (100)

Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.