Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,397 members, 7,901,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:57 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (71480 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2010
No comments. still smarting from the chelsea defeat and some unusual happenings over the weekend.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2010
slimshay:

Debo, I presumed you refered to the difference between what we'd refer as our first team and what we have as squad players.

For the Chelsea comparism, I have often found out that these things are tainted by the almighty 'trophy'.

That remains the 'ultimate' proof of quality. . . .besides, the clean sheets and goals scored by Chelski also justify the claims that they are better both in attack and defence.

It also may be the 'missing ingredient' which transforms good players into world beaters.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2010
duduspace:

No comments. still smarting from the chelsea defeat and some unusual happenings over the weekend.

Was she too freaky for you then? cheesy Or did she give you some undesired STIs. grin grin grin

Kidding bro. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2010
debosky:

Was she too freaky for you then? cheesy Or did she give you some undesired STIs. grin grin grin
Kidding bro. wink

Nope, it was a complete no show, a belated hit and run attempt at the clubs also went awry, infact by the time game time came I already knew this just wasn't a weekend to remember.  angry angry

I can see Slim is flyin the flag, I'm with you in spirit fellow gooner. Tenhutt.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
slimshay:

Debo, I presumed you refered to the difference between what we'd refer as our first team and what we have as squad players.

For the Chelsea comparism, I have often found out that these things are tainted by the almighty 'trophy'.

What is the objective of a football club if its not the almighty trophy.

What is there to assess a student apart from his grades?

Arsenal as a club has failed, Its about time someone says it as it is Wenger has FAILED
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2010
dayokanu:

What is the objective of a football club if its not the almighty trophy.

What is there to assess a student apart from his grades?

Arsenal as a club has failed, Its about time someone says it as it is Wenger has FAILED

Failed to win a trophy yes, but that cannot imply failure overall - pea brained twits always try to reduce every argument into a binary yes or no question.

There is more to a club than simply trophies, although winning trophies remains an essential aspiration for any club side and represents the pinnacle of achievement.

Not reaching the pinnacle cannot be regarded as failure overall.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 3:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
Debo thanks for that reply to dk. Really the trophy is the utmost measure of success and what evry club should aim for, in that we have failed.

It is when you begin this discussion and some nincompoop will barge in and start screaming trophies that eats my craw.

Its just like listening to all this jjc chavs who will rate a DM by first asking 'how many goals e don score'.

What I'm saying is the ability of a player should be judged by how well he does his assigned duties. And should be left at least to those who started seeing games before 2005. *wink*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2010
Dudu I see you man. Seems you've got more blues than stamford bridge.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2010
Dudu, you forgot to add defeat to Borokiri Boyz FC is Fantasy Premierleague. hehehehehe

@ Slimshay,

I don't think he got the blues, more like blueballz. If he no release by hand, the ting fit explode. hehehehehe
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 4:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
^^ grin grin grin

I can hook you up with some confirmed honeyz Dudu. . . you can unleash your frustration on them. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2010
duduspace:

seriously i thought something had happened to you.
[s]as in no budget speech kinda essay from dudu[/s] grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2010
Dudu see nuccas got love for ya. See them proferring solution to your problem.

Ibime, I maintain we shall restore order to london, this is not the way the good Lord intended things to be.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 4:40pm On Oct 05, 2010
Ibime:

Dudu, you forgot to add defeat to[b] Borokiri Boyz FC is Fantasy Premierleague[/b]. hehehehehe

I neva even get time check that one, hope it wasnt a thorough spanking? anyway the next time dey.  tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2010
slimshay:

Dudu see nuccas got love for ya. See them proferring solution to your problem.

Ibime, I maintain we shall restore order to london, this is not the way the good Lord intended things to be.

Abi o, only they have a funny way of showing it most of the time when emotions are running high. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 4:45pm On Oct 05, 2010
debosky:

^^ grin grin grin

I can hook you up with some confirmed honeyz Dudu. . . you can unleash your frustration on them. cheesy

Thanks for the offer Debo, next weekend dey only say I dey work on saturday so can't make friday nite. I go roll come birmingham one of these days, I know say na you dey run things for that side, for here na so so hit and run dey.

mukina2:

seriously i thought something had happened to you.
[s]as in no budget speech kinda essay from dudu[/s] grin grin

Thanks for your care and concern Muki, I've been born again yet again. As long as Debo doesn't set me off and Manure and the Chavs don't come with ridiculous financial statements again, the thread is safe. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2010
These guys should be on the sick bed being massaged and not attending some basketball game last night(except Vela)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 5:09pm On Oct 05, 2010
chei!!
see fine boys kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2010
debosky:

Failed to win a trophy yes, but that cannot imply failure overall - pea brained twits always try to reduce every argument into a binary yes or no question.

There is more to a club than simply trophies, although winning trophies remains an essential aspiration for any club side and represents the pinnacle of achievement.

Not reaching the pinnacle cannot be regarded as failure overall.

What is the ultimate aspirations for a club? Winning trophies.

A student fails an exam and you console yourself that he has a good writing.

A car whose engine is knocked and you tell yourself that it has MP3 player.

If you fail in your in the main OBJECTIVE then you have failed totally.

Would dudspace consider this "Blueballs weekend" a success given the fact that he didnt land the "Koko" saying "at least we went out to eat" or "she sat beside me in the train"
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2010
^^
Arsenal is nothin near failed. You fail when you cant do bettter than the previous term. Failure is when it becomes so difficult to comprehend a principle as easy as that. Hence,Dk and his followers are the failed party
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2010
Dudu has already conceded this weekend was bad. So he aims for success next year. As you can see there is no consolation noises, neither is he drugging teenage prost1tut3s. Like a certain gargoyle quasi-modo looking Riber. . . .*ssssh*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2010
*next week*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2010
dipo2much:

^^
Arsenal is nothin near failed. You fail when you cant do bettter than the previous term. Failure is when it becomes so difficult to comprehend a principle as easy as that. Hence,Dk and his followers are the failed party

2004 Arsenal won the league.

6yrs later they have won anything. So you mean you have been doing better than in previous seasons?

When a mad man realises he is mad, then he is on the way to recovery. Until GAYYners realise that Assanal is a failed project, More and more years of trophylessness and Gnashing of teeth
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2010
dayokanu:

What is the ultimate aspirations for a club? Winning trophies.

Ultimate yes, only aspiration and measure of success no.

Each company wants to be the best in it's field, but they don't regard themselves as 'failures' because only one can be the best - sustaining existing market share, improving your products and continually aiming for the best will be judged as success.

That said, it doesn't change the ultimate goal and that is still firmly pursued.

A student fails an exam and you console yourself that he has a good writing.

A car whose engine is knocked and you tell yourself that it has MP3 player.

Absurd analogies - footie is more likened to a student in a class. You don't have to come first to have succeeded, though coming first is the ultimate you can achieve. The aim will first of all to be in the top bracket of the class. Ditto in athletics - while first place is most desirable, other positions are rewarded as well.

If you fail in your in the main OBJECTIVE then you have failed totally.

The 'main' objective is to be competitive, knowing that it serves as the basis of winning, while realizing you can't win all the time, or that others might perform better than you in the end.

Failure in that regard is a failure to compete. . . . .while we could argue that it happened occasionally in the league (2006, 2007 and 2009) The club has remained competitive in a tournament every season. 2006 was the UCL, 2007 was the CC, 2008 the EPL, 2009 the UCL, 2010 the EPL

Would dudspace consider this "Blueballs weekend" a success given the fact that he didnt land the "Koko" saying "at least we went out to eat" or "she sat beside me in the train"

Don't be daft. . . .success would be 'she didn't sleep over, but I got a kiss, felt some of the 'assets' and got her number to pursue her further next weekend.'

Dudu failed abysmally this weekend.  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2010
debosky:

Dudu failed abysmally this weekend.  grin

Haba, why so harsh Debo? I no fail, the exam was cancelled patapata, I no even see paper.  grin grin
anyway, my vodka no waste, like Slim talk, next week still dey.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
Mobinga, what silly picture is this? when did this forum become X rated? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
On a good note, a Legend is back training at the club, these boys need some serious talking to, the ability is there, the squad strength is there, all that remains is for this boys to believe they can win. I almost flipped my lid when Sagna and Malouda were being interviewed and Sagna stated that "Chelsea are the best" shocked shocked shocked I mean what the hell is that about call them champions because that is a fact but how can you big them up and call them the BEST (I can't imagine any of the manure boys or anyone coached by Jose saying that no matter how much I despise him) how can you go into a game against the people you see as the best and win

My brother has said he should be forgiven because something has been lost in translation since he is not a native speaker but abeg the likes of Bobby need to talk to this boys and get them sorted in their heads, there are no more excuses for not winning, this squad is strong enough.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2010
debosky:

Don't be daft. . . .success would be 'she didn't sleep over, but I got a kiss, felt some of the 'assets' and got her number to pursue her further next weekend.'

Dudu failed abysmally this weekend.  grin

If that is success for you, then what do you call someone who scored a hat trick over that same Saturday.

duduspace:

Haba, why so harsh Debo? I no fail, the exam was cancelled patapata, I no even see paper.  grin grin
anyway, my vodka no waste, like Slim talk, next week still dey.

Sharap there bloody GAYYner. Instead make you finetune all the details and even have like 3 backup plans you dey here dey follow wenGAY argue over Money. Shiooor.

Adojutini Omo, Mo jeri Chamotex, If woman no show, he go enter GAY club.

Swingers club no dey that side?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
duduspace:

On a good note, a Legend is back training at the club, these boys need some serious talking to, the ability is there, the squad strength is there, all that remains is for this boys to believe they can win. I almost flipped my lid when Sagna and Malouda were being interviewed and Sagna stated that "Chelsea are the best" shocked shocked shocked I mean what the hell is that about call them champions because that is a fact but how can you big them up and call them the BEST (I can't imagine any of the manure boys or anyone coached by Jose saying that no matter how much I despise him) how can you go into a game against the people you see as the best and win

My brother has said he should be forgiven because something has been lost in translation since he is not a native speaker but abeg the likes of Bobby need to talk to this boys and get them sorted in their heads, there are no more excuses for not winning, this squad is strong enough.

Sagna plays on the field and he knows that Khaki no be leather.

Is it not a shame that Pires is considered a legend at any club? I am so sure that Pires can make top 20 players to have played for ordinary Olympique Marseille yet he is being considered a legend.

Small clubs sha
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
dayokanu:

Sharap there bloody GAYYner. Instead make you finetune all the details and even have like 3 backup plans you dey here dey follow wenGAY argue over Money. Shiooor.
Adojutini Omo, Mo jeri Chamotex, If woman no show, he go enter GAY club.
Swingers club no dey that side?

E ma binu sir, I don learn small you know say your own na different level. I hear say Ribery na altar boy before he meet you for Bayern.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2010
dayokanu:

If that is success for you, then what do you call someone who scored a hat trick over that same Saturday.

Success is a progressive. . . comparisons don't always reveal the truth.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2010
dayokanu:

Is it not a shame that Pires is considered a legend at any club? I am so sure that Pires can make top 20 players to have played for ordinary Olympique Marseille yet he is being considered a legend.

Small clubs sha

Things Pires has won, Ribery can't win in 2 generations even if he fixes his face and stops shagging hos.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2010
debosky:

Things Pires has won, Ribery can't win in 2 generations even if he fixes his face and stops sleeping-with hos.

Things Pires won as a substitute? Has he ever been the best player in any team?. Pires is a mediocre player by international standards.

Its like saying things wes Brown has won, Terry can only dream of.

debosky:

Success is a progressive. . . comparisons don't always reveal the truth.

Success is always relative to others. A student who scored 80% might think he is a success until we know that was actually the lowest mark in a class of 50. where everyone scored 90% and above.

duduspace:

E ma binu sir, I don learn small you know say your own na different level. I hear say Ribery na altar boy before he meet you for Bayern.

Ribery didnt learn that at Bayern, Its a French NT thingy. Govou, Benzema were never Bayern players. You see that your Goofs are all round

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 0) On 19th May 2018 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.